[Guide] SurfacePro 1 & 2 Osx-Android-Windows multiboot

JahStories

2,617 posts in this topic

Found a work around!!! Go into disk utility and add a "free space" partition. Then when you run the windows installer it works!!!

I see that you addressed your problem. I ran into the same issue. I suspect that osx is setting a hybrid mbr table if you format the partition as fat. I fixed it by creating both the partitions with mac journaled format and then when installing windows, i deleted and reformatted it.

(surfacepro)

@JahStories

Thanks for the guide. i was able to install it successfully on the surface pro.

Bought an edimax nano usb on amazon for wifi. Still no App Store, iCloud or iMessage access. but all others seem to work

@wen1

Thanks for the update.  Like 5 minutes too late!!  LOL.  I just reinstalled everything from scratch and it only took like 40 minutes but damn, did the same FAT partition because a lot of people said to do that....oh well, here's to starting over again!!!!  LOL. 

I was able to install Windows and activate no problem but could NOT get the bootloader fix to work so it would boot to clover, not always into Windows....I suspect this hybrid MBR / GUID was causing this issue.

(SURFACE PRO 2 OSX)

Hi everyone,

I have found a good working solution for installing OSX on the Surface Pro 2 with the files from SonicRat (with the dsdt files)

It really works now very well and smooth.

The main difference with the first install guide, is that you install OSX on your mac and not on the Surface Pro 2.

You will have a working 10.9.1 on an USB Drive and then using "Carbon Copy Cloner" copy it to a partition on your harddrive.

This is how I did it ... (IMPORTANT : USE A USB3 Flash Drive) - USB 1/2 are to slow

• Download Mavericks on your mac (App Store) - OSX 9.1

• Run the installer (found in application folder) and install mavericks on your USB drive.

• The first time when the installer restart you mac, hold down Command-R and choose install osx on your USB Drive

• It will reboot a few times, when it says "choose your country", shut down by holding down the power button, remove the usb disk and power on again your computer.

• When you are back in the Desktop, plug in your USB Drive and run Latest Clover (I used Clover c2k_r2482 (in attached file)) and UEFI Install/Drivers64UEFI/Themes

• Copy Config.plist from attached files in EFI/CLOVER/

• Copy dsdt.aml/ssdt-0.aml/ssdt-1.aml from attached files in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched

• Remove mach_kernel from your USB disk (you have to remove it manually, replace doesn't work) - the file is invisible.

To see invisible files, type in terminal :

- defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -boolean true
- killall Finder

• Copy mach-kernel from attached files to your USB drive

• Copy the extensions from the attached files to System/Library/Extensions

That's it ... Now boot up your Surface Pro 2 with the USB drive and volume down.

In Clover you have to change the boot Args to -f npci=0x2000 (if you want to see the magic happen -v -f npci=0x2000)

Boot without caches and injected kexts (Not always necessary, but this way it always boot up without problems)

Normally the SF2 starts OSX and you can setup your country and your account information and you are ready to go.

Wifi of course doesn't work and you can install the Touchbase drivers

You can copy your installation from usb with Carbon copy cloner to a partition on your SF2 (remember to copy CCC and touch drivers in a separate folder on your USB Disk)

You can repartition your Harddrive in Windows 8.1 and then reformat it to HFS+ with Disk Utility when you boot up with your USB Drive.

It's also a good thing to buy a mini USB3-HUB (4 ports), a USB mini Wifi dongle that support OSX EW-7811UN (bought it on Amazon) or an USB Ethernet cable from Apple.

I'll try to make a video, but don't expect it this week.

Here you can also download the files : Download Surface Pro Files NEW FILES (updated config.plist)

• Like 2

@wen1

I did as you said above with formatting all as Mac OS Journaled and Windows installed perfectly fine!  Thanks!  However, I thought that by not having any trace of hybrid MBR, it would fix the bootloader issue that most of us are having....I went into terminal and sudo -s to get admin rights.  fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0.  Then I get the MBR/i86 etc, etc error.  Continue on with typing f 2 (since Mac OS is partition 2) and write and reboot.  No success.  How is everyone getting the Clover to boot without USB pen?  Thanks!

(Surface2osx)

Strange... Everything looks fine except that my usb isn't booting after installing clover on it.  I followed every steps.

edit:

nvm it's my usb that isn't holding right in the usb port.

(surface2osx)

yup it works fine! Thanks macspike. Gonna test a few things and try to make work the app store.

• Like 1

@wen1

I did as you said above with formatting all as Mac OS Journaled and Windows installed perfectly fine!  Thanks!  However, I thought that by not having any trace of hybrid MBR, it would fix the bootloader issue that most of us are having....I went into terminal and sudo -s to get admin rights.  fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0.  Then I get the MBR/i86 etc, etc error.  Continue on with typing f 2 (since Mac OS is partition 2) and write and reboot.  No success.  How is everyone getting the Clover to boot without USB pen?  Thanks!

Here is how you fix that

Mount your EFI partition

Got to the folder EFI/Microsoft/Boot

Rename the file bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi

Reboot

It should now boot to clover.

(Surface2osx)

Strange... Everything looks fine except that my usb isn't booting after installing clover on it.  I followed every steps.

edit:

nvm it's my usb that isn't holding right in the usb port.

(surface2osx)

yup it works fine! Thanks macspike. Gonna test a few things and try to make work the app store.

(Surface Pro 2 osx)

Nice, that it works ...

I had the same issue once.

You have to always check that your USB is well connected (If there is a light at your USB-drive, double check it)

And there is another thing ... You have to be sure that your SF2 is really shut down. Hold your power for about 20 seconds, that you are sure that the power is off, before booting it with Volume Down.

I also installed switchresx, but that doesn't work nice.

(Surface2osx)

Just to make sure I understand before I delete some partitions...

Right now I see 4 partitions on my SP2:

1- 340MB Healthy (Recovery)  --> what the hell is that?

2- 200MB Healthy (EFI System Partition) --> original bootloader?

3- 83 gig (Windows partition)

4- 30gig (OSX partition)

5- 5.66gig (Recovery Partition)

My plan is to have Windows (if possible untouched) and OSX (that I would CC from the USB key I installed it on)

Which partition am I supposed to delete?  ---> I'm guessing 1-2-5 ?

Do I have to recreate a UFI partition for clover?

thanks for great info!!!!

can someone tell me what is not working on the device after installing mac os?

i'm thinking of buying the devise to have dual boot 

it is a great solution for me

The sound isn't working, wifi, iCloud and APP Store