Airport - PCIe Half Mini

toleda
826 posts in this topic

Just recently, both wifi and BT don't reload after wake from sleep.  Using FakePCIID.kext with FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext for wifi and BrcmFirmwareData.kext with BrcmPatchRAM2.kext for BT.  Running Clover version 4200 but it started when I was running 4189.  No recent changes to my DSDT.  Any ideas?

Not correct, see Post #1

BCM BT (10.12 - all versions, 10.11- all versions) 

1. BT injection

I fixed my problem by booting into Windows.  After that, wifi and BT reloaded properly after wake from sleep in macOS.  I will try out the BT injector.  The Github explanation makes the injector sound like the least-preferred option.  The method I used was a more-preferred option.  Still, it's an opportunity to try out a new method.  Thanks for pointing it out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi !

So I'm actually the guy behind the Zotac en1070K (Kaby Lake) with the BT issue and the DW1830 card.

I'm back from home now so I'm going to look at some things around this.

Thanks @lilins and @Hervé for the help so far. I'll let you know how that goes.

at least on the zotac en1060 version (skylake) everything is working now. so we don't understand why his 1070k (kabylake) shouldn't have some shortcomings:

the BT from 1830 not working - (this is for this thread)

the mac os reboots when idling. not when used - (this for other thread)

we created the clover profile based on mine, we only removed special dsdt for HDMI/DP audio and changed the smbios to imac with kabylake (i based mine on imac 17.1)

i'm eager to make cross test with him, because normally, except the processor difference, the mlb is same with same components, a slight difference in efi versions maybe.

So we tried again on the en1070k from the en1060 setup changing smios to imac 18,2

-BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext from https://github.com/syscl/XPS9350-macOS in Clover/kext/others folder: Not working

-BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext in /Library/Extentions folder: working

-BrcmPatchRAM2.kext  in CLOVER and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext in /Library/Extentions folder: working inverse not working

so it seems that on the en1070k that the BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext can't work when launched from CLOVER.

Has anyone seen this before, is there a workaround?

i'd prefer a clean clover only kext folder.

Thanks for your help

-BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext can only be installed S/L/E. BrcmFirmwareData.kext can installed in EFI

See Post #1/BCM BT

Use the developer link for the correct, current files.

Is 10.13 unsupported at the moment?

I've put BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareData.kext into clover/kexts and the result is boot-up takes a lot longer (like 5 minutes) and keyboard and mouse do not respond (but it does communicate over the network)

Edit: Got it I think by using the "injection" method.  As mfnesq says the mixed messages are very confusing!  Really appreciate the work it's just that the communication being so curt can be a little tricky to follow.

I had to download one of the binaries from 2015 to get my hands on the elusive BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext and combined this with a current BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext (show contents, find info.plist, change IOProviderClass from disabled_IOResources to IOResources) and bluetooth has now appeared...

EDIT 2: My situation is obviously different.  I had vt-d enabled in the bios after a reset one time -- disabling this stopped the issue where BrcmPatchRAM2 went into some kind of infinite wait loop.  Bluetooth is working for me now and did not need the old injector method.  Handoff took some doing but it turned out that the DSDT I created in the 10.10 days was faulty - there was a FakeID for the combo card somehow implemented in there that worked for 10.10 but caused problems in 10.13.  Removing it but having FakePCIID and FakePCIID-BroadcomWifi in S/L/E finally gave me Handoff = Yes.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I hope it's the right thread for my question.

So I have a hp zbook g1 laptop, and I wanna replace intel wifi+bt card, I found this.

Did someone know, is it cmpatible with this laptop and high sierra?

And if it's possible could you show me a supported wifi+bt card wich no need dsdt patch so natively working for high sierra?

Thank you!  :)

Hello, I hope it's the right thread for my question.

So I have a hp zbook g1 laptop, and I wanna replace intel wifi+bt card, I found this.

Did someone know, is it cmpatible with this laptop and high sierra?

And if it's possible could you show me a supported wifi+bt card wich no need dsdt patch so natively working for high sierra?

Thank you!  :)

I don't think you will find a wifi/bt chip that works OOB with High Sierra.  The one you linked should work but you will need to use RehabMan's Fake PCIID.kext and the Broadcom kext that comes with it.  You will also need his BT kexts.  All of these kexts can be installed in your EFI partition.  RehabMan's repository can be found here:  https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/

• Like 1

Thank you!

You'll have to check HP's own documentation (i.e. web site) re: potential whitelisting. Re: compatibility with High Sierra, answer is obviously yes.

I have read all documentation, forum (what I found) about it, but I wait someone who tried beacuse I cant found a clear answer.

I don't think you will find a wifi/bt chip that works OOB with High Sierra.  The one you linked should work but you will need to use RehabMan's Fake PCIID.kext and the Broadcom kext that comes with it.  You will also need his BT kexts.  All of these kexts can be installed in your EFI partition.  RehabMan's repository can be found here:  https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/

Ok, thank you, yeah I think I know how to do it, I just hope in a easyer way  :)  

Thank you!

I have read all documentation, forum (what I found) about it, but I wait someone who tried beacuse I cant found a clear answer.

Ok, thank you, yeah I think I know how to do it, I just hope in a easyer way  :)  

You won't find any half minipcie wifi+bt that works OOTB on macOS, as Apple uses different chipsets and formats. FakePCIID + BCM BT+Wifi kexts is by far the easiest way to have an airport-like card.

Edit:

Even BCM94360HMB, that sounds very similar to BCM94360CD (which works OOTB), needs those kexts.

I am trying to make my Qualcomm Atheros AR5B97 pci-e wifi card operational in my Asus X53E-106V laptop running High Sierra, since a DW1550 was unfortunately not accepted by my laptop or defective.

I understand that Toleda's toledaARPT.kext is no longer working since Sierra. I found a modified info.plist (by Aandresortiz) on GitHub that would allow an Atheros 9285 in MacOS Sierra. Differences with info.plist in toledaARPT.kext look not too big. My AR5B97 has a Atheros 9285 chip. So I would like to try Aandreresortiz' info.plist.

Can anyone explain or point me to the direction of installing toledaARPT.kext?

Well... toledaARPT.kext "only" contains an info.plist, which I replaced with Aandresortiz's info.plist and installed with Kext Wizard. Great work Aandresortiz, it works in High Sierra!!!

Install in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other or your current installed release folder, toledaARPT.kext.zip

Reply with Post #1, Problem Reporting files

Sorry for not being clear enough: toledaARPT.kext did not work, but toledaARPTSierra.kext, which I created using aandresortiz's info.plist, did work!

AR5B97 is based on AR9287 chip, not AR9285. It should work in High Sierra but it'll need DSDT/Atheros kext patch. See here for details. Try the DSDT patch on its own 1st (simple "compatibility" statement in a DSM method to add to the relevant identified device).

Thanks, but my toledaARPTSierra.kext works "OOB".

• 4 weeks later...

ok im stuck im gonna pull my hair out,

I have Brcmfirmwaredata,kext, brcmfirmwarerepo.kext,brcmpatchram2.kext Fakepciid_broadcom_wifi.kext all in the efi\clover\kexts\other,

i have this in kexttopatch

Kext: AirPortBrcm4360

Find: 81F952AA00007529
Replace: 81F952AA00006690

I have this in forcekextstoload

\System\Library\Extensions\IO80211Family.kext\Contents\PlugIns\AirPortBrcm4360.kext

Devices in clove shows 

0x43BA14E4 in the wifi box

What else am i not doing i have no wifi but i have bluetooth pan in the network window and nothing else 

can anyone help me i been messing with this all day 

I uploaded all the file the needed files.zip it has the clover config and dcpi and ioreg 

post-1820860-0-22314800-1512287325_thumb.png

post-1820860-0-90135600-1512287351_thumb.png

post-1820860-0-91788100-1512287373_thumb.png

needed files.zip

post-1820860-0-16672700-1512287440_thumb.png

You just need FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext in EFI.