Airport - PCIe Half Mini

toleda
826 posts in this topic

I've followed the instructions to activate my wireless card (an BCM94352) and it's working great for WiFi, however it doesn't appear to be getting recognised for Bluetooth. I used the airport_ssdt_enabler instructions in the Github repository (modifying and re-compiling the file to match the entry I found in IORegistry).

Here's the line for my wireless card in DPCIManager:

post-1372563-0-11731100-1413560427_thumb.png

Same here. I applied the 5GHz fix for XT country, works fine (thanks!) but Handoff isn't working (Unsupported in System info, and I don't have the checkbox in General settings)

Continuity works though (I can receive and make phone calls from my desktop). Airdrop iOS-Mac works too. Only Handoff isn't working. If I find a way, I'll post it here

Hello,

recently I bought a BCM943225HMB for my desktop hack using an adapter card.
First I recognized that bluetooth doesn't work cause the miniPCI-E card has a USB port which is normally not connected.
Then I soldered D+ and D- to the adapter and connected it to a free MB USB connector.
Bluetooth started to work.

The problem now is that I have an immediately wake after sleep. I guess the adapter loses power due to sleep mode.
Does anyone have similar problems?

I've managed to get wifi and bt to work now. But when i clicked on 'Ethernet Cards' in System Report, i got 'There was an error while gathering PCI card information' Error.

Edited. Finally have working dual channel wifi. It's because of the wifi injection, removed ssdt edits and put some patches on the kernel in config.plist.

My mini HTPC with main board ESC H81M3-I/HDMI link , it have mini pci express, i was buy Azurewave BCM943225HMB AW-NB290H wifi + bluetooth 3.0.

I was edit info.plist in /S/L/E/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Plugins/AirPortBrcm4360.kext <string>pci14e4,4357</string>. Now Yosemite can use Airport to connect wifi.

But bluetooth doesn't show in info system, reboot to windows 8.1 or windows 7 my system can detect Broadcom 8011n adaptor but doesn't show bluetooth device. Can someone confirm this card have bluetooth. I doesn't see BT MAC on cable of this card.

I was complain with seller, he said i much turn on bluetooth by laptop and he said itx main board doesn't support bluetooth. I don't known how to turn on bluetooth, i don't have any laptop.

much i patch sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x58\x54\x00\x2B\x18\x2C\x21\x00\x20|\x58\x54\x08\x0A\x36\x1C\x47\x00\x0A|g' /Users/vuhothang/Desktop/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcm4360.kext/Contents/MacOS/AirPortBrcm4360

i was copy IO80211Family.kext on my desktop

Thanks!

post-1102673-0-06424400-1414886724_thumb.jpg

Thanks Ramalama!

I was test this card with my brother's laptop, in this laptop have BCM943225HMP (not include bluetooth), when i replace with my card, in windows auto detect bluetooth device, it can connect with bluetooth mouse, phone.. Bluetooth have hardware ids: 13D3:9295 Rev 053

When i reinstall to my system, on windows 7 or 8.1 only Broadcom 8011n, doesn't have bluetooth device.

I was read about BtFirmwareUploader.kext someone said no need run this uploader just edit info.plist in /IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext but many device with dec value. I was convert 13d3:3295 to 5057:12949 

konsti, on 27 Oct 2014 - 6:31 PM, said:snapback.png

Hello everyone, thank you EMlyDinEsh for the work here and solving our wireless problems  icon_razz.gif

I am not sure if I am supposed to write here; as many of you mentioned, Mavericks BT accessory detection is not the same anymore and sometimes not working properly.

I purchased this combo card AzureWave NB290H (using BCM43225HMB chip) but never tried it on Mountain Lion... went straight to Mavericks.

I see inside the kext's plist that my card is not mentioned; my vendor ID is 0x13D3 (5075 decimal) and device ID is 0x3295 (12949 decimal).

Although the BT device seems detected OK by the vanilla system, I cannot "see" or "pair" any BT accessories at all, either mouse or keyboard (Apple/Logitech).

I address this to you with the hope you can guide me if you have any ideas, as to:

a--if it makes sense to add this device/vendor to BTFirmwareUploader kext;
b--if using your BTFirmwareUploader on vanilla installation/kexts, will produce any results.

It's reported that this AzureWave NB290H (BCM43225HMB chip) card works out-of-the-box but not for me, with regard to Bluetooh... I've been battling with this BT device for days now.

Please note that with vanilla Apple kexts, the BT device is detected but upon each reboot, it takes time to be activated, i.e. the menubar on the right shows a broken B icon and 2-3 mins later, max, it appears. Turn BT off option is disabled. Dunno if others face the same issue.

By adding the device/vendor ID in the Info.plist of the BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport plugin in IOBluetoothFamily.kext, I have active BT device upon each reboot immediately and I can now "turn off".

However, by no means I can link to any BT accessory, mouse or keyboard and there is nothing I can inject in my DSDT, hence my turn to EMlyDinEsh's kext for assistance.

Many, many thanks.

Your device does not need any patches so don't use my kext and just inject your device ids to Broadcom Bluetooth kext which should make it work. Also try to delete bluetooth plist and reboot then try to pair.

Thank you Skvo!

sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x58\x54\x00\x2B\x18\x2C\x21\x00\x20|\x58\x54\x08\x0A\x36\x1C\x47\x00\x0A|g' /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcm4360.kext/Contents/MacOS/AirPortBrcm4360

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/

AC working in DP7

10.10.1 Beta working

BCM943224HMS - work in the system 10.10 with only used model MacBookAir5,1 and MacBookAir5,2:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/292542-airport-pcie-half-mini/page-6?do=findComment&comment=2054870

So there is no other option for this card except Mac Air smbios? Because with  MacBookAir5,2 smbios my cpu clock is locked at highest rate (not working speedstep)?

Truly amazyng! actually it works! Thx a lot! Only one problem for me with handoff, it works only in one verse: i can see on my mac apps opened on the iphone but if i open for example safari on my mac nothing appened on the iphone. Any advice?However good good work thaks!!!

EDIT

nevermind, it randomly works, maybe it's only caused by my bad wifi

My card 14E4, 4328, 106B, 0088, Broadcom Corporation, BCM4321 802.11a/b/g/n according DPCI manager and 

kextstat | grep AirPort

49    0 0xffffff7f81ba6000 0x166000   0x166000   com.apple.driver.AirPortBrcm43224 (700.36.24) <48 43 12 7 5 4 3 1>

4328 is under 43224 kext, is there anything I can do???
Big tsk