Airport - PCIe Half Mini

toleda
826 posts in this topic

Did you see my last post?

My DSDT is not "A M I". Is that the reason, why I cant find PXSX section?

Same as RP07, read the instructions in the patch:

# If no PXSX, manually add Device (ARPT) after Name (_ADR, 0x001C000x) to dsdt and 
# edit patch file:
# Find: PXSX
# Replace All: ARPT
# dsdt edit looks like:
#            Device (name)
#            {
#                Name (_ADR, 0x001C000x)
#                Device (ARPT)
#

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hi toledo :) your work great men.. but i failed with mavericks..  I added my dsdt files and some pictures :) Can you look , what is wrong my wifi.  

İf possible fix my dsdt.aml for wifi : :(, with mountain lion my wifi working great but marevicks didnt connect..

Thanks you soo much my files here:

or:

Re: Post #28; ASUS Wi-Fi Go! Card

Same Atheros AR5B22 WiFi Wireless N 2.4GHz and 5GHz +BT 4 as in the GIGABYTE GC-WB300D PCI-E card.  It's an inexpensive card.  The Blutooth works with OS X Mavericks so why can't/won't anyone get this one going with WiFi?  If anyone want's me to test their attempts with Mavericks, I will.

Re: Post #28; ASUS Wi-Fi Go! Card

Same Atheros AR5B22 WiFi Wireless N 2.4GHz and 5GHz +BT 4 as in the GIGABYTE GC-WB300D PCI-E card.  It's an inexpensive card.  The Blutooth works with OS X Mavericks so why can't/won't anyone get this one going with WiFi?  If anyone want's me to test their attempts with Mavericks, I will.

What are you using for Atheros 4.0 BT?

Confirm the NB110H/AR9462 Device_ID is 0x0034.  If no, reply with IOReg.

If yes,

1. try dsdt edits/Airport-Atheros-AR9x8x (no edits)

2. add 0034 to the plist of the toledaARPT enabler.  

Reply with IOReg. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Every one,

I got my shipment of BCM4352 card (AzureWave) yesterday, and I have been trying to get it to work since. The problem is as follows - The card gets detected by all Three Windows 7 (using Lenovo) driver, Ubuntu and Mavericks. But the default status of the card is Off, and what ever I do the status does not budge. All three OS tell me to turn on the WiFi switch, if only I had one in my Toshiba A665 laptop ( it has FN+F8), but thats only a soft switch, there is another touch button by the power button for WiFi but it only works with the default card (the one replaced) BCM4313. I have done the DSDT edit instructed by OSXLattitude, along with the patched kext, to no affect. I am attaching a zip file with my edited DSDT & Ioreg file Along with a snap shot of the visual status for the WiFi. I do not understand if this might be happening because the card is whitelisted in my BIOS, because what I understand (google) that for people with BIOS incompatibility scenarios, the system wont even boot, mine does for all three OS.

I have spent $130 on this card and would hate to see them go to a waste, so please help. 

Toleda please kindly look into my issue and give some work around.

Thank You

Hamood Aslam

Hamood_IoReg.zip

I have done the DSDT edit instructed by OSXLattitude, along with the patched kext, to no affect. I am attaching a zip file with my edited DSDT & Ioreg file Along with a snap shot of the visual status for the WiFi.

Only attachment is the IOReg. Not wise to use both kext injection and dsdt injection, try one and then the other, not both. Regarding laptop/BIOS issues, I have no knowledge.  

Your IOReg says the card is working as en3 and is not connect to a network.  Verify the network you are connecting to is 2.4 GHz. 

Why are you posting in this thread if you used tools from a different site?

Only attachment is the IOReg. Not wise to use both kext injection and dsdt injection, try one and then the other, not both. Regarding laptop/BIOS issues, I have no knowledge.  

Your IOReg says the card is working as en3 and is not connect to a network.  Verify the network you are connecting to is 2.4 GHz. 

Why are you posting in this thread if you used tools from a different site?

Hi Toleda,

I was interested in using the three methods mentioned in this site to get my card going but they do not work for me (SSDT was the one I was most interested in), I made changes to the SSDT - RP02) but it did not work (SSDT.aml in Extra folder, Chameleon - checked DropSSDT), tried the Kext Injection no go either. I am attaching my Edited SSDT along with my IOReg, please tell me what I am doing wrong, also should I be using vanilla IO802...Kext?

Using the OSXlattitude method (after taping out pin 20 on my card) I was able to get wifi portion going (@2.4) but not the BT. 

By using the SSDT method will I get it going @5 Ghz? 

Please if you can give me some feedback

Thank You

Hamood

SSDT_IOR.zip

I made changes to the SSDT - RP02) but it did not work (SSDT.aml in Extra folder, Chameleon - checked DropSSDT), tried the Kext Injection no go either. I am attaching my Edited SSDT along with my IOReg, please tell me what I am doing wrong, also should I be using vanilla IO802...Kext?

By using the SSDT method will I get it going @5 Ghz? 

The ssdt edits are correct, the AirPort_Bcrm_4360.kext is loading, and WiFI is present in Preferences; my previous reply applies.  A kext patch is required for 5 GHz and a working patch has not been found.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,

I just have one quick question... the way I understand the information in your first post and the [...]details.pdf -- I could get any Mini PCIe Atheros AR9280 or AR9380 WiFi card to replace the OSX-incompatible intel WiFi on my GA-H87N mainboard, and OSX would support it without further "hacks"?

Have Mavericks running like a charm on a custom i7 build, and WiFi is the last thing that's missing.

Currently have to "loop" via Ethernet to my Mac Mini, the Mini then connects to the Internet via WiFi... *sigh*

Thank you in advance for answering, and thank you (toleda) for your effort in general.
While I was reading up on "how-to", I came across your name several times.
Much appreciated! :)

I ordered two of these 4352 cards before I realized that "Not working at 5/working at 2.4" actually means that new "ac" is not running at all.

So I went the BCM94360CD route with a soldering iron and a PCIE Mini extender card. Full ac running at 1300, works perfectly with no kext hacking or updating needed.

So for those with no fear of soldering in small spaces, a much better choice.

The 94360 was $42 and the card extender was $20. 2 days of soldering a few wires and then epoxy setting before soldering a few more.

If anyone is interested I can attach the pin outs I found on a Russian site. Some bother, but the card is now solid & stable. Sadly I have 2 more Mac Pros to make them for, have the 94360s and extenders here as well, but going to try to find very small gauge ribbon cable with solid copper inside, would be easier than stranded steel I used.

I hope someone finds the key to unlock the 4352s, until you do I think it needs to be clear that the wonderful new "ac" function is completely MIA in OSX.

I have 2 here, will try to play around but I wouldn't be surprised if Apple left a few roadblocks in the way. They HATE people upgrading old machines, better to force them to buy whole new machines.

BCM943228, not supported at this time.

Edit 12/26/13.  I am wrong regarding BCM943228.  The NB110H/AR9462 is not supported at this time.

Do you mean that the BCM4359 (BCM943228) is actually supported after all? If so how would I get it to work since I've tried kext injection, both SSDT and DSDT modification and kext editing to no avail. :/

Do you mean that the BCM4359 (BCM943228) is actually supported after all?

No.  There are two versions of the Asus 802.11 abgn Wifi card, the BCM943228/not working and the AR9462/not working.  At the time, I was not aware of the Atheros version.

So I went the BCM94360CD route with a soldering iron and a PCIE Mini extender card. Full ac running at 1300, works perfectly with no kext hacking or updating needed.

Thanks for the solution.  Another, more expensive, no soldering PCIe solution is the Asus PCE-AC68.

It's a nice solution but not always an option.

Laptops and ITX don't have a spare pci-e slot but do have a mini pci-e slot.

Though in the mac pro you got several pci-e slots if you use a multi monitor setup you'll loose the option.

Now I'm planning an ITX setup and so far no luck with finding an ac (either half or full-size) mini pci-e card.

Also I'd like to take this chance to mention mini pci-e is starting to get replaced with M2 (NGFF) slots.

Got a latitude from a friend over with reception problems and right now it's impossible to find non Intel replacement cards.

From osxlatitude.com I gathered the Broadcom BCM94352Z might be the chipset we might want.

If anyone knows a source for one I might be able to check out if it works while I got the latitude over.

If you read all of the 4352 posts very carefully, absolutely nobody has gotten the AC working on them. Using a variety of hacks, at best you get 2.4 Ghz N. I got a couple of them but I am waiting for antennae extenders before I mess with them. A guy in my thread at Netkas tried yesterday.

Meanwhile, the 94360csx arrived for my rMBP. Finally will be able to test transfer speeds.

i can't get my dsdt to work. can some one help me to fix?

You have a PLX bridge interfering with the dsdt edit.  You choices are:

1. Install the brm4352.kext

2. run some dsdt edit experiments to find a way to edit around the bridge

Advise.

Example dsdt edit, add the 4 lines (noted by **, without **), unknown is the bridge address

**               Device (PLX0)
 **               {                  
 **                   Name (_ADR, Zero)

Device (PXSX)
                {

Name (_ADR, 0x00000003)
                    Name (_SUN, One)
                    Name (_PRW, Package (0x02) {0x09,0x04})
                    Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                    {
                        If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }
                        Return (Package()
                        {
                            "AAPL,slot-name", "AirPort",
                            "built-in", Buffer () {0x00},
                            "device_type", "AirPort",
                            "model", "Broadcom BCM4352 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wireless Network Controller",
                            "name", "AirPort Extreme",
                            "compatible","pci14e4,43a0"
                        })
                    }

}
 **               }

Hats off to SKVO and Toleda

Between them they have gotten the 4352 from Broadcom working at 2/3 of 4360, a WHOLE lot better than before

Using other little tricks from this board I was able to get 4352 running in Mac Pro at 867 M as "Airport Extreme"  (Not possible to use in MP with BT without serious mods so I didn't try)

Seems solid & stable, finally an ac solution for folks with Mini PCIE for $40

Confirmed working on 4,1 Mac Pro (5,1) running 10.9.2

Consistently runs at 500+

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I have an Envy 4-1117nr, I injected the id of my BCM43225 combo 4357, the system information would show the kext loaded, but I can't turn the WIFI ON in the System Preferences, and when it turned on, there's no SSID shows up anywhere. Bluetooth seems to work, only WIFI> Do I have to edit dsdt for this to work? My AR5B195 AR9285 works fine with both Wifi and Bluetooth.

Thanks,

Louis