10.9 GM Released.

AsusFreak

282 posts in this topic

dude, create the install usb manually...

Yes, transparent menu bar, combined with notification center extending the full height of the display right behind the menu bar. It appears to be 'by design'...

i may be blind but i didn´t find the bug.

Will I have to add kernel to /Volumes/OS X Install ESD/BaseSystem.dmg and to replace IOInstall.mpkg here/Volumes/OS X Install ESD/Packages?

First you have to prepare the installer (manually or using Pandora/myHack), then you run the command.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289062-109-mavericks-simple-vanilla-hackintosh-install-guide/

sudo tar zxvf ~/Downloads/Mavericks_GM_MBR_Patch.tar.gz -C /Volumes/myHack\ OS\ X\ Install\ Disk

I have just installed the OS X 10.9 Mavericks which is very stable and fast.

The installation procedure is very simple and nearly identical to that of 10.7 and 10.8.

The real good news for my particular hardware is that the previously required AppleACPIPlatform.kext regression is no longer required!

Can someone with developer access take a screenshot of the checksum (usually SHA1 or MD5)  from Apple web site of the GM copy?

Thanks

why don't just use google search?    :huh:

edit: this is the InstallESD.dmg  SHA1, not that of Install OS X Mavericks.app

Everything installed well, but I cannot get ethernet working. I am using an Asrock Z77 Extreme4 with the BCM57781 driver. The IOFamilyNetworking kext that worked in ML no longer worked. I've spent a few hours on insanelymac tonight looking at how people had fixed this in DP versions, but I cannot replicate it.

I also noticed that whenever I launched Word, the system froze, but that's neither here nor there.

Reverted to ML for now...

why don't just use google search?    :huh:

edit: this is the InstallESD.dmg  SHA1, not that of Install OS X Mavericks.app

I did google but all those SHA1's are from torrent site.  I wanted it from a more reliable source which is Apple dev site. :)

Can't really trust those on torrents ya know...it's just me! :)  But I might just wait for the official release.

Everything installed well, but I cannot get ethernet working. I am using an Asrock Z77 Extreme4 with the BCM57781 driver. The IOFamilyNetworking kext that worked in ML no longer worked. I've spent a few hours on insanelymac tonight looking at how people had fixed this in DP versions, but I cannot replicate it.

I also noticed that whenever I launched Word, the system froze, but that's neither here nor there.

Reverted to ML for now...

here is bcm57781 for 10.9 mavericks

AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext.zip

Can somebody help me inject the following compatible id via DSDT

<"pci174b,e164", "pci1002,68e0", "pciclass,030000", "GFX0">

I can't seem to get the syntax correct in the DSDT. How do I write that in the DSDT?

First you have to prepare the installer (manually or using Pandora/myHack), then you run the command.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289062-109-mavericks-simple-vanilla-hackintosh-install-guide/

sudo tar zxvf ~/Downloads/Mavericks_GM_MBR_Patch.tar.gz -C /Volumes/myHack\ OS\ X\ Install\ Disk

Now, I got stuck here

post-974387-0-26350000-1381055157_thumb.jpg

Seems FakeSMC is not loaded, but I have

post-974387-0-84983800-1381055227_thumb.png

I loaded with -f -v

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
	<key>SMBIOS</key>
	<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
	<key>Theme</key>
	<string>MountainLion</string>
	<key>USBBusFix</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Also, I put these kexts into S/L/E, but the result is the same.

Of course, I can easily  install clear system, but I want to update it from DP8 to GM without loss of data.

Also, I did patch of framebuffer in AMD5000.

Can somebody help me inject the following compatible id via DSDT

I can't seem to get the syntax correct in the DSDT. How do I write that in the DSDT?

Your ID is already compatible with 10.8 - 10.9.

Your ID is already compatible with 10.8 - 10.9.

Actually, my id is 68f9, and I want to inject 68e0. 

10.8.5+ uses compatible id. I can inject the fake id using clover but then I have different device-id and compatible-id in ioreg. It works most of the time but I *sometimes* get errors during boot.

EDIT: In 10.8.5+ some kexts use name match, NOT compatible as I had though.

And in the case of graphics drivers, only device-id is matched. Thanks for everything, Slice :)

Now, I got stuck here

Seems FakeSMC is not loaded, but I have

Also, I put these kexts into S/L/E, but the result is the same.

Of course, I can easily  install clear system, but I want to update it from DP8 to GM without loss of data.

Also, I did patch of framebuffer in AMD5000.

It's not FakeSMC problem because you see "DSMOS has arrived".

Looks like video problem. Try moving graphics kexts from installer S/L/E.

It's not FakeSMC problem because you see "DSMOS has arrived".

Looks like video problem. Try moving graphics kexts from installer S/L/E.

Now I have a new mistake.

I return original AMD5000 with  using Zonalis.

Loaded with -f -v.

See white screen with arrow of mouse.

See a good picture

post-974387-0-45270200-1381075361_thumb.jpg

But when I pressed on ->, my laptop shut down after a while.

post-974387-0-75601100-1381075462_thumb.jpg

I tried with NullCPU and without, Nothing had changed.

Why is my CPU  halted?

Alex. Maybe you have a incompatible or incomplete SSDT table(s) of P and C states. I am talking about the script by RevoGirl to patch those Tables.

Anyway, try this flags all together:

DropSSDT=Yes GeneratePStates=Yes GenerateCStates=Yes

But I have a question: You have actually a stable working system (same hardware configuration) in ML 10.8.X?