Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

@Aigors I guess you mean Pike´s post about APFS which he wrote on a pretty early beta stage of APFS Introduction am I right? As far as we know by now there is nothing special in Apple SSD Firmware about APFS at least not as Apple added Support for third Party NVME Vendors with HighSierra...

Right it has already been discussed but it has been discussed in a clover flavoured context and I guess we have to rethink about it in terms of OZ. If Apple is able to implement kind of a JumpStart driver into their ROM Images which takes care about loading and connecting APFS.EFI I guess it should be possible to do the same with OZ. Sure I am no Coder and do not understand the underlaying mechanisms but if it works for Macs why should it not work for us?

Griven, thank you: there's a bios from you on Hackintosh-forum.de for my board, GA Z97X UD3H. Do I have to assume that I'll be able to install High Sierra in APFS or not as per your questions about the implementation of this new file system in the Apple ROMs?

Hi there,

Can someone help? I collected all files, but I have error in mmtool "error getting firmware information" (

Motherboard GA-H97M-D3H

"CORE_DXE" exported and compressed normally. But it does not load back(

I thought that there was not enough space, but no (

Help someone put ffs files in to the bios file.

Thank you!

@medallo

Replace SMC+Sensors, Ozmosis, OzmosisDefaults with current versions and add GM apfs.ffs.

In OzmosisDefaults:

Change FirmwareFeatures, FirmwareFeaturesMask, BiosVersion, BiosDate

Use KextToFfs to convert new OzmosisDefaults and apfs.efi to their ffs-versions:

Put OzmosisDefaults.plist in Ozm and apfs.efi in Efi.

attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2017-09-26 um 08.21.11.png

./KextToFfs.command

You will find the resulting ffs files in the Ffs folder.

Use MMTool and replace the files in the bios like this:

Load the bios file in MMTool and select the entry you want to replace, select the Replace tab and browse for the new file and hit replace.

attachicon.gifBildschirmfoto 2017-09-26 um 08.25.21.png

Save As different file ;) and flash it.

Where we can found current versions of SMC+sensors and Ozmosis?

Here you go. The Archive contains following Files:

- OZ 1.03.167X-CPWN Release (the one patched for HighSierra)

- APFS.EFI patched for reduced verbose Output and taken from the Release Version of HighSierra

- FakeSMC and Sensors Rev 6.25-333 (SMC Version 2.22f16)

And the rest of the OZ Files taken from the XMAS Release. Be careful with the GPU Sensors they might trigger a Kernelpanik if used with a NVIDIA Pascal based GPU. The defaults in this package identify the Maschine as an iMAC14,1.

HighSierra.zip

• Like 2

- APFS.EFI patched for reduced verbose Output and taken from the Release Version of HighSierra

And the rest of the OZ Files taken from the XMAS Release. Be careful with the GPU Sensors they might trigger a Kernelpanik if used with a NVIDIA Pascal based GPU. The defaults in this package identify the Maschine as an iMAC14,1.

Hi Griven,

Could you make a Z87N-WIFI High Sierra ROM ?

Attached is your Modded ROM posted on hackintosh-forum forum that I use in my machine.

Thanks.

Regards.

Z87NWIFI-F6-Sierra.rom.zip

Hi ..thanks griven.

but black screen and it doesn't advance.

:(

The black screen is no OZ Issue at all. Please keep in mind that flashing a new Rom onto your board will reset all settings to factory default and in case you use a dedicated GPU you might end up with a black screen since the iGPU is reactivated and initialised as primary video output. Try to connect your screen to your iGPU instead of the dedicated one and you should be able to enter your bios setup utility and configure it properly (turn off igpu etc...)

@DoGuiTTo sorry but Z87N-Wifi has not enough available space to hold all necessary files so the time being there is no way to make this ROM HighSierra compatible.

• Like 1

The black screen is no OZ Issue at all. Please keep in mind that flashing a new Rom onto your board will reset all settings to factory default and in case you use a dedicated GPU you might end up with a black screen since the iGPU is reactivated and initialised as primary video output. Try to connect your screen to your iGPU instead of the dedicated one and you should be able to enter your bios setup utility and configure it properly (turn off igpu etc...)

@DoGuiTTo sorry but Z87N-Wifi has not enough available space to hold all necessary files so the time being there is no way to make this ROM HighSierra compatible.

Thanks Griven,

I managed replace the Osmosis.ffs patchedFakeSCM*.ffs plus the InjectorKext.ffs and DisablerKext.ffs  from your zip in the BIOS. 

Removed the OsmosisDefaults.ffs as I have it on /Oz

Is there a way to load APFS.efi and after that HighSierr, like if I put it on CLOVERx64drivers (or whatever it is called) ?

And HermitShellx64.efi (when needed)  ??

Thanks... Regards

it is after setting the bios that it stays on the screen in black and does not advance.

My machine: Asus P8Z77-M, CPU:Core i5 3470, GPU EVGA Geforce 210 1024MM, SSD Kingston.

in Sierra  10.12 it works well.

or am I missing something to do?
or what causes this problem?

I'm stuck in this. thank you.

@griven

Sure that black screen it is not a OZ issue?

I use OZ not in BIOS but via efi shell and bcfg comand

and I also get a black screen (NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 )

I did try all listed " initial display outputs" IGFX, PCIe 1 Slot etc.

I had to disable driver ozmosis.efi to get back my screen.

I can boot via clover, so my BIOS settings should be ok