HP Envy 17t-j000 Quad (Haswell) + 10.8.5/10.9.5/10.10.x/10.11.x/10.12.x/10.13.x/10.14.x

gygabyte666

1,321 posts in this topic

Not 100% positive actually. But I'm having the same instant reboot issue that I had from the locked msr's with mavericks, which makes me assume there's some kind kernel incompatibility. From what I've read in another thread it's been suggested that mach_kernel was renamed to just "kernel" and now resides elsewhere (I forget the location offhand) also, the kernel I read about is in an essentials pkg and people were (last night at least) having trouble extracting it.

Not 100% positive actually. But I'm having the same instant reboot issue that I had from the locked msr's with mavericks, which makes me assume there's some kind kernel incompatibility. From what I've read in another thread it's been suggested that mach_kernel was renamed to just "kernel" and now resides elsewhere (I forget the location offhand) also, the kernel I read about is in an essentials pkg and people were (last night at least) having trouble extracting it.

OK, that sounds plausible considering since Mountain Lion the mach_kernel hasn't been used on the installers, only caches are used. The mach_kernel could only be found by viewing the BaseSystem.pkg (or Essentials.pkg, I can't remember which) contents using some other means. Pacifict prob isn't compatibility with 10.10 yet, otherwise I'd recommend using it for extraction.

UPDATE: Yeah they moved it. It now resides in /System/Library/Kernels and they renamed it to "kernel"

Right, and even if I could extract the kernel, I have no idea what sort of patch to apply as I've got zero experience in writing patches. It's definitely something more suited to pikeralpha (I may have botched the name) or rehabman. Until the instant reboot issue can be fixed, I have a usb installer ready to go, with clover, but can do nothing with it for now. That's okay though, I don't expect dp1 to be very stable, I was just curious to have a glance at it on a separate partition.

Finally got the yosemite install to complete on my HP Envy m7 J010dx touch smart laptop.

Now I just have to see if it will actually boot and allow user account creation :) progress!

Thanks to Slice and Rehabman for working on the 10.10 kernel patch.

Hi, Rehabman

i have removed GenericUSBXHCI.kext because sometimes it causes abnormal sleep/shutdown.

but when i'm using AppleXHCI, and making the USB build-in, injecting the device-id, i found that after the sleep the laptop wakes in less than a second... and wake reason is : XHC. the mobo is 8 - Serious .

do you have any idea of that :)

Thanks!

Hi, Rehabman

i have removed GenericUSBXHCI.kext because sometimes it causes abnormal sleep/shutdown.

but when i'm using AppleXHCI, and making the USB build-in, injecting the device-id, i found that after the sleep the laptop wakes in less than a second... and wake reason is : XHC. the mobo is 8 - Serious .

do you have any idea of that :)

Thanks!

Using Clover?

Inject AAPL,clock-id.

Using Clover?

Inject AAPL,clock-id.

thx for you reply

i have injected them in DSDT like this, but i don't know if it's correct or not..

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
            {
                Store (Package (0x13)
                    {
                        "device-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x31, 0x9C, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 

"built-in", 
                        Buffer (0x01)
                        {
                             0x00
                        }, 

"device_type", 
                        Buffer (0x05)
                        {
                            "XHCI"
                        }, 

"AAPL,clock-id", 
                        Buffer (0x01)
                        {
                             0x00
                        }, 

"AAPL,current-available", 
                        0x0834, 
                        "AAPL,current-extra", 
                        0x0A8C, 
                        "AAPL,current-in-sleep", 
                        0x0A8C, 
                        "AAPL,max-port-current-in-sleep", 
                        0x0834, 
                        "AAPL,device-internal", 
                        Zero, 
                        Buffer (0x01)
                        {
                             0x00
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
            {
                Return (GPRW (0x6D, 0x03))
            }

and the USB behaves like this

post-1200278-0-47313900-1402153130_thumb.png

it's obviously a wrong setup... and i wonder if the camera always wakes the laptop up

thx for you reply

i have injected them in DSDT like this, but i don't know if it's correct or not..

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
            {
                Store (Package (0x13)
                    {
                        "device-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                             0x31, 0x9C, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 

"built-in", 
                        Buffer (0x01)
                        {
                             0x00
                        }, 

"device_type", 
                        Buffer (0x05)
                        {
                            "XHCI"
                        }, 

"AAPL,clock-id", 
                        Buffer (0x01)
                        {
                             0x00
                        }, 

"AAPL,current-available", 
                        0x0834, 
                        "AAPL,current-extra", 
                        0x0A8C, 
                        "AAPL,current-in-sleep", 
                        0x0A8C, 
                        "AAPL,max-port-current-in-sleep", 
                        0x0834, 
                        "AAPL,device-internal", 
                        Zero, 
                        Buffer (0x01)
                        {
                             0x00
                        }
                    }, Local0)
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }

Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)  // _PRW: Power Resources for Wake
            {
                Return (GPRW (0x6D, 0x03))
            }

That's ok, as long as you inject into EHC1/EHC2/XHC (or XHC1).

Personally, I've had better luck with GenericUSBXHCI and -gux_defer_usb2 kernel flag (+ clock-id injection).

That's ok, as long as you inject into EHC1/EHC2/XHC (or XHC1).

Personally, I've had better luck with GenericUSBXHCI and -gux_defer_usb2 kernel flag (+ clock-id injection).

with GenericUSBXHCI +  -gux_defer_usb2, it works fine in most cases.

but when i set the "energy saver": display never turns off, then after several hours, the laptop can't shut down, if i click the shutdown button.(normally it can)

what's stranger is that when i click the restart button, but the laptop shut down actually...

with GenericUSBXHCI + 

-gux_defer_usb2, it works fine in most cases.

but when i set the "energy saver": display never turns off, then after several hours, the laptop can't shut down, if i click the shutdown button.(normally it can)

what's stranger is that when i click the restart button, but the laptop shut down actually...

Sounds like a problem other than what would be caused by GenericUSBXHCI...

lol really? how could i probably do somewhat a debug to find the reason..

I don't have enough information for any ideas... Would need to know much more about your machine configuration, how you installed, etc.

I don't have enough information for any ideas... Would need to know much more about your machine configuration, how you installed, etc.

i don't know if it helps :P

specs: i5-4200U + 8 Series mobo + HD4400

OS X 10.9.3 + Clover 2697, using KernelPM, XCPM. 

and at first i got shutdown problem, i applied the DSDT patch as follow:

Before _PTS:

OperationRegion (PMRS, SystemIO, 0x1830, One)
    Field (PMRS, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
    {
            ,   4, 
        SLPE,   1
    }

In _PTS:

If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
        {
            Store (Zero, SLPE) 
            Sleep (0x10)
        }

and then it could shutdown in most cases. but in the case that i mentioned, it couldn't shutdown any more.

and this is my config.plist of my Clover :  config.plist.zip

i don't know if it helps :P

specs: i5-4200U + 8 Series mobo + HD4400

OS X 10.9.3 + Clover 2697, using KernelPM, XCPM. 

and at first i got shutdown problem, i applied the DSDT patch as follow:

Before _PTS:

OperationRegion (PMRS, SystemIO, 0x1830, One)
    Field (PMRS, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
    {
            ,   4, 
        SLPE,   1
    }

In _PTS:

If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x05))
        {
            Store (Zero, SLPE) 
            Sleep (0x10)
        }
and then it could shutdown in most cases. but in the case that i mentioned, it couldn't shutdown any more.

and this is my config.plist of my Clover :  attachicon.gifconfig.plist.zip

I never had to do that particular patch with my Haswell Envy. And I don't think it is in gygabyte666's either. You have a lot of Clover autopatching going on in your config.plist (all of them!). Could be an issue... I used none and did all DSDT patching required manually.

No graphics inject in config.plist? Must be doing that part in DSDT?

Of course, your machine is a completely different machine than the one being discussed in this thread.

I never had to do that particular patch with my Haswell Envy. And I don't think it is in gygabyte666's either. You have a lot of Clover autopatching going on in your config.plist (all of them!). Could be an issue... I used none and did all DSDT patching required manually.

Of course, your machine is a completely different machine than the one being discussed in this thread.

thx for your advice, now i have to delete the USB parts in DSDT, so that the OS X can take over the job of USB originally. i know it's not a good idea, the Laptop can't be waked up by USB device :( but it seems that it solves the problem i have.

and previously i also found a strange thing, even if i injected the usb device-id, but it was not shown correctly in ioreg. 

post-1200278-0-02459000-1402357568_thumb.png

is this just common? or the device-id was not injected correctly?

and previously i also found a strange thing, even if i injected the usb device-id, but it was not shown correctly in ioreg. 

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2014-06-10 at 01.41.33.png

is this just common? or the device-id was not injected correctly?

Why inject USB device-id in the first place? Isn't your device natively recognized?

Why inject USB device-id in the first place? Isn't your device natively recognized?

yes it's natively recognised, but it still had the auto-wake problem. i found that my tutorials say, the usb-device-id must be injected if you want to fix such a problem :/

yes it's natively recognised, but it still had the auto-wake problem. i found that my tutorials say, the usb-device-id must be injected if you want to fix such a problem :/

Myth. Injecting the same device-id as already recognized is essentially a no-op.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi:

My envy 15 Quad i7 Haswell with msata SSD (hd 1,2) works fine with Chameleon, i have to use this kext in extra:

http://www.hackintoshosx.com/files/file/3770-totally-still-waiting-for-root-device-fix/

without this kext i get "still waiting for root device"

The problem is with Clover, i always get  "still waiting for root device", with or without this kext in SLE and/or Extensions folder in clover.

i want to change to Clover because Sleep Works 90% of times, but sometimes doesn´t  then envy hangs, fans make noise, and envy gets hot.....

OK, couple of ideas...

- Let's make certain the files you provide as origin are current... (Linux dump to compare)

- Maybe Linux provides different than Clover F4?

- Maybe you need SSDT-8 (nvidia SSDT, would need to be patched for IGPU rename) for correct ACPI initialization?

Also, it might be worthwhile disabling nvidia from SSDT. It is probably something you should do anyway(battery life).

Guess who's late to the party, as usual...*facepalm*

Now that's outta the way, I come with goodies. I know you requested a Linux dump for these but I haven't had a chance to do that. I did however end up dumping everything using AIDA64. I am fairly confident that the files will end up the same as they would with a Linux dump. So here's that: 17tj000_aida64_f.53.zip

Now for the new stuff. HP was nice enough to update the BIOS again in between our last little adventure and so I updated again. So...I re-dumped all of it again. I think it's safe to assume that ignoring the previous f.53 dump would be wise now but before I went MIA, you did request it so I felt rude not providing it. Especially given the amount of time you've waited for it. I'm in the process of obtaining a Clover F4 dump of this revision for comparison, but for now, UPDATE: Got it! 17tj000_cloverf4_f.56.zip hopefully the AIDA64 dump will prove useful: 17tj000_aida64_f.56.zip

Initially, I was trying to hold out for possible Optimus support but since so much time has passed without so much as a whimper about that, I suppose you're right. It's about time I patch up the ol' GeForce and disable it from OS X. Sadly, it'll have to wait until I figure out why i've run into the graphic corruption issues again since updating to 10.9.3. I have a feeling that my Azul FB patch is the cause of this but i'll have to wait until I get some time to dig a bit deeper into the problem.

Apologizes for the late reply. :(

dear gygabyte666, i have read your guide and i used your files and information as the primary base for my hackintosh

as you can see in my signature, my rig is very similar to yours.

Initially, I was trying to hold out for possible Optimus support but since so much time has passed without so much as a whimper about that, I suppose you're right. It's about time I patch up the ol' GeForce and disable it from OS X.

i have just patched my ssdt to turn my nvidia card off, thanks to the support and instructions of mr rehabman. i'm pretty sure you know how to do it yourself, but if you want a reference, you can find it here

Sadly, it'll have to wait until I figure out why i've run into the graphic corruption issues again since updating to 10.9.3. I have a feeling that my Azul FB patch is the cause of this but i'll have to wait until I get some time to dig a bit deeper into the problem.

as i said, i used your info and guide to setup my hackintosh laptop. i'm on 10.9.3 too, and i have no graphic glitches.

i am a newbie, and unfortunately i have no advanced knowledge to share, but i would gladly provide any information or files you could find useful.

i have just patched my ssdt to turn my nvidia card off, thanks to the support and instructions of mr rehabman. i'm pretty sure you know how to do it yourself, but if you want a reference, you can find it here

Thank you. When I get to re-patching again, I'll use this as reference.

as i said, i used your info and guide to setup my hackintosh laptop. i'm on 10.9.3 too, and i have no graphic glitches.

i am a newbie, and unfortunately i have no advanced knowledge to share, but i would gladly provide any information or files you could find useful.

I see. Well, thanks for providing your experience info to this. That makes me more sure that it's a problem created by my setup as the files posted on here are quite outdated and in need of updating. Yet another thing that I plan to do once I resolve a few problems first.

hi again, gygabyte666

I've installed clover v2236 using these settings. And I've used this long without facing any problem
and I've moved the efi folder both in my Mavericks drive directory /EFI and also moved it to hard-disks /EFI directory.

And I've never faced any problem ,until I tried to update clover version .

During updating , I've installed the same options like i did before and moved the new installed EFI file to both Mavericks/EFI and harddisks/EFI directory.

But now could not boot from hard-disk,I've to boot using my usb.

Plus, I've again replaced the new clover EFI folder with the previous version , now i can boot again.

I think I'm not updating in proper way , seeking your help again .

Thanks.

post-1267684-0-08217300-1404241503_thumb.png

hi again, gygabyte666

I've installed clover v2236 using these settings. And I've used this long without facing any problem

and I've moved the efi folder both in my Mavericks drive directory /EFI and also moved it to hard-disks /EFI directory.

And I've never faced any problem ,until I tried to update clover version .

During updating , I've installed the same options like i did before and moved the new installed EFI file to both Mavericks/EFI and harddisks/EFI directory.

But now could not boot from hard-disk,I've to boot using my usb.

Plus, I've again replaced the new clover EFI folder with the previous version , now i can boot again.

I think I'm not updating in proper way , seeking your help again .

Thanks.

Why are you using Clover legacy instead of Clover UEFI?

• Like 1