Pandora's Box (Beta 2 Testing)

Marchrius

351 posts in this topic

hi

any change booting with "-x' ?

GraphicsEnabler=No ?

using DVI or VGA ? play with it..

wait a little more...during the blank screen..look for HD action..

you have to seach about gtx770..my be with nvidia drivers...sorry ..don't know

look..

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280780-mountain-lion-8800-gt-black-screen/page-2

and others...

c.frio

I'm doing some tests!

One question: how can I see the bdmsg booting from USB? Is there a way to see the complete log moving my USB on another PC?

hi

can you put nullcpupowermanagement in S/L/E?

did you try with chameleon, or my hack..?

did it work with the gt8800?

c.frio

Another day, another try!

I tried with Chameleon bootloader too, myHack and UB.. nothing to do!

Today I will try to install ML 10.8.3 with my 8800GT, then install GeForce web driver and put my GTX770 back again.

Let's see..

PS: I love to use Pandora, it's the best tool IMO, but every time I need to apply Enoch bootloader again from the Enoch installer or Chameleon. I tried MBR and GUID as scheme, even when it doesn't notify the error during the installer, the bootloader says "boot: error" when I put my USB key.

I MADE IT!

I MADE IT!!

I MADE IT!!!!

Sorry but I'm really happy! Thank you very much for the support!  :thumbsup_anim:

The steps that I ran are a bit complicated, but I'll try to explain for helping people who have my same setup.

Made the stick, replaced some kexts with patched one (see the attachment).

These kexts allowed me to go over "[PCI Configuration begin]", "still waiting for root device", SMC and other power related problems.

I need also the "cpus=1" flag that I will fix later after the install.

And ABSOLUTELY to complete the boot process of installation you MUST have a bluetooth key plugged into the computer since the mobo doesn't support it!

At the end of the installation I opened up the terminal (inside Utilities menu) and I copied all kexts from USB to my HD:

"cp -a /Volumes/Name_of_your_usb/kexts_folder/. /Volumes/Name_of_your_hd/System/Library/Extensions/"

Then I fixed all permissions:

"chown -R root:wheel /Volumes/Name_of_your_hd/System/Library/Extensions/"

"chmod -R 755 /Volumes/Name_of_your_hd/System/Library/Extensions/"

"touch /Volumes/Name_of_your_hd/System/Library/Extensions/"

And there you have it!

Thanks to everyone who supported me! :)

final kexts.zip

• Like 2

@Micky1979 Man I have been using OSX since 10.4 Tiger on my old p4 systems. This is the absolute first time that I have managed to get it starting in one shot!!!! one installation!!!! and I booted in after a KP on CPUpowermanagement.kext. 

Only one grouse. Where on earth is my recovery partition>???????? :ph34r:  :ninja:  :ph34r:  :ninja:  :ph34r:  :ninja:  :ph34r:  :ninja:   I selected it while creating my usb ...the installer downloaded it and I installed it normally but where is it?

@Micky1979 Man I have been using OSX since 10.4 Tiger on my old p4 systems. This is the absolute first time that I have managed to get it starting in one shot!!!! one installation!!!! and I booted in after a KP on CPUpowermanagement.kext. 

Only one grouse. Where on earth is my recovery partition>???????? :ph34r:  :ninja:  :ph34r:  :ninja:  :ph34r:  :ninja:  :ph34r:  :ninja:   I selected it while creating my usb ...the installer downloaded it and I installed it normally but where is it?

- First an image is created into the root of your USB stick (in a hidden folder), but only if you have chose to create the "Recovery HD" with Pandora Lionizer Installer Maker, 

- Second, the image created is trasferred on your fresh installation disk (if OSx installer found it into your "Pandora Installer" disk during installation process), 

- Third, when you run Pandora's Box (in the post-installation) you can select the check-box for "RecoveryHD" ..and go ahead :)

The partition created is invisible and inaccessible, and has a size of 650 Mb. To see her run this command in Terminal:

diskutil list

If there is, you will see it in the Terminal output 

Micky

Can anyone tell me how can I fix this problem? 

I have installed OSX 10.8.3 on my probook 4540s and after I installed the probook installer.

Your KP show an MBP 9,2  smbios.plist. The 4540s has Ivy Bridge CPU???

Micky

- First an image is created into the root of your USB stick (in a hidden folder), but only if you have chose to create the "Recovery HD" with Pandora Lionizer Installer Maker, 

- Second, the image created is trasferred on your fresh installation disk (if OSx installer found it into your "Pandora Installer" disk during installation process), 

- Third, when you run Pandora's Box (in the post-installation) you can select the check-box for "RecoveryHD" ..and go ahead :)

The partition created is invisible and inaccessible, and has a size of 650 Mb. To see her run this command in Terminal:

diskutil list

If there is, you will see it in the Terminal output 

Micky

Your KP show an MBP 9,2  smbios.plist. The 4540s has Ivy Bridge CPU???

Micky

Hi Micky, I should have posted back earlier. I did the exact same things you said just before I read your post :).

I chose it during installation, but then it never showed up in Disk Utility so I thought something was wrong. Thats when I ran diskutil list and found that indeed it was there .... anyway ...just to test the post installation, I ran the pandoras box usb drive again in Mavericks. I have to select Preferemnces again in the new OS too.  So I went ahead with post installation and created (stupidly enough) the recovery disk again.

Using diskutil it does indeed show up as a 650 mb recovery partition at the end of the disk.  Egged on by this but not knowing if Pandoras Box could create the recovery partition in my Mountain Lion I decided to play safe and used the manual method to do it following this link https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3393205?start=15&tstart=0 ....in case anyone else wants to try it out. It did work.

I use a MBP 8,1 smbios.plist because I have HD 3000. My laptop is DV6 6116TX with i3 2310m Sandy Bridge processor and ATI 6490M( locked to hell vide bios). I deliberately use a patched Intelhd300 and Snbgraphicskext .... to get automatic Mirroring on startup and edited the connector info to get HMDI Audio out respectively. If anyone needs those kexts I will be happy to post them up.

Your on the fly 111d7605 kext worked perfectly for me in MAvericks although the ML kext never worked. I am using the same DSDT from ML right now. I had mentioned before that I would attach the kext which @mirone had helped me with so am attaching it to this post. Its the ML version.

Just one problem with the installer ..... you know sometimes we screw things up and need to boot into the system. Well tony!@#$ isntaller if used to boot the installed OSX system will get you to the screen with the boot flags used in isntallation. I tried the same with Pandoras Box and it failed. I had to do this because I got a KP on CPupowermanagement kext, which I chose during installation. Instead the installer booted using the kexts from the installed system .....( I press F9 and choose the USB installation disk in this case...always works with Uni!@# ....)

It would really be cool if the installer could boot into the system as it would during installation ignoring or giving preference to installation boot arguments and kexts (like nullcpumanagement) from the usb installer instead of the installed system's settings. That would be of great help.

Thanks to MEM you guys have made what is probably the best thing to happen to hackintosh in a while. This is really great. Thanks for your hard workguys :thumbsup: 

Now if only Chameleon could see the recovery installer like Clover did :D

AppleHDA.kext.zip

Hi ghaJini08,

Now if only Chameleon could see the recovery installer like Clover did  :D

it is quite normal that you can not see Recovery partition in Disk Utility: even so it is in the real Mac!
I found that the partition in question is created and it is always tied to the OS from which it was produced. In fact you may have (for example) 3 partitions on your disk, and each with an installed OSX:
you can create for each one of them their respective Recovery HD partition, and it will always be created by decreasing the OSx partition in which it was launched the creation process.

If Clover is able to show it, I do not know if this is really wanted, but I honestly looks like a bug, or at least (I hope not to be left behind with the news..... :whistle: ), in a Hackintosh, the Recovery HD partition is created only to turn ON in "Full Mode", the services provided by Apple (iCloud, iMessag, Find My Mac ecc). ....but not to restore your Hack!
So the best thing is that the Recovery HD partition, must be inaccessible to users, but present!

Your on the fly 111d7605 kext worked perfectly for me in MAvericks although the ML kext never worked. I am using the same DSDT from ML right now. I had mentioned before that I would attach the kext which @mirone had helped me with so am attaching it to this post. Its the ML version.

I had until last year, a laptop of your own series (DV7 6190sl), and possess the dsdt.aml (version for small display resolution as DV6, or with high-resolution display for DV7 (so, the same for DV6 with high resolution display). The AppleHDA.kext in question (the one pacthed by Pandora) contains the files and patches made for your Laptop, and it always worked in ML for me. The only thing that can change at this point, is your DSDT, differente from mine  (different allocation of IRQs, under device HPET???).

Try this dsdt according to your Display resolution:

DV7-DSDT.aml.zip (also for DV6 with high-resolution Display)

and use Pandora to patch a not touched..original AppleHDA.kext...and let me know (with log plz :)).

Just one problem with the installer ..... you know sometimes we screw things up and need to boot into the system. Well tony!@#$ isntaller if used to boot the installed OSX system will get you to the screen with the boot flags used in isntallation. I tried the same with Pandoras Box and it failed. I had to do this because I got a KP on CPupowermanagement kext, which I chose during installation. Instead the installer booted using the kexts from the installed system .....( I press F9 and choose the USB installation disk in this case...always works with Uni!@# ....)

What do you mean with "CPupowermanagement kext"?

If you need the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, with Pandora you must select a configuration that contains him!

Downside, can come, as I noted, that AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext patch on the fly, can fail during installation in some cases (some command line required may be missing, from Vanilla Apple installer, to do the job), and if this happens, it automatically removes the NullCPUPowerManagement. kext if found. This could be one explanation.
However, if you still have the installation log in the root of your hard disk....done after installation with Pandora, most likely we can check whether error has happened.

I am considering to hide AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext during installation to avoid this problem, although I have made ​​some progress they make good thinking.

Thanks, real, for the feedback

Micky

hi

no lucky installing on a as rock h87 pro4..haswell4430,gtx650 1gb

I can reach the install srceen but after choose the installer it reboots after  loading drivers from extra/extensions.mkext if I remember..I'll check

c.frio

hi

no lucky installing on a as rock h87 pro4..haswell4430,gtx650 1gb

I can reach the install srceen but after choose the installer it reboots after  loading drivers from extra/extensions.mkext if I remember..I'll check

c.frio

Hi C.Frio

This happens if you have more then one OSx installations in the same disk?

The KernelPatcher has the ability to patch the kernel on the fly to remove the Lapic Error, and load extensions from /Extra/Extensions and therefore also /Extra/Extensions.mkext.
I noticed problems if there are more than one installation on the same disk, because he reads the cache from the main partition where you installed the bootloader.

I insert the KernelPatcher to help all those like me who have a laptop that has problems with "Local APIC Error", but perhaps this is to be abandoned (by default), and give opportunity to choose it only if needed (HP may use to start with cpus=1 .. and then make their choice)....And return to the classic "kernelcache"

What do you think?

hi Micky..

I just prepared the usb installer...so, 

I boot with it and then it reboots at that point..there is no other OSX on this pen..

only the restored..

on this machine I have an HD with ML (it has clover and I can't boot with it too),so  I intend format it

with the installer made with pandora..and then install...I'm creating a new one with option #1..

let's see...

do I have to add something on pen(pandora's installer)?

"I insert the KernelPatcher to help all those like me who have a laptop that has problems with "Local APIC Error", but perhaps this is to be abandoned (by default), and give opportunity to choose it only if needed (HP may use to start with cpus=1 .. and then make their choice"

may be the option" to chose " but with a good explanation and recommendation at box below...

c.frio

edit

same  error with mode #1...

PBInstMakerLOG.txt

PBmainLOG.txt

hi Micky..

I just prepared the usb installer...so, 

I boot with it and then it reboots at that point..there is no other OSX on this pen..

only the restored..

on this machine I have an HD with ML (it has clover and I can't boot with it too),so  I intend format it

with the installer made with pandora..and then install...I'm creating a new one with option #1..

let's see...

do I have to add something on pen(pandora's installer)?

"I insert the KernelPatcher to help all those like me who have a laptop that has problems with "Local APIC Error", but perhaps this is to be abandoned (by default), and give opportunity to choose it only if needed (HP may use to start with cpus=1 .. and then make their choice"

may be the option" to chose " but with a good explanation and recommendation at box below...

c.frio

edit

same  error with mode #1...

C.Frio.....

.....no one error is present in your logs  :whistle:

Micky

hi..

seems all boot loaders stop at same point..depending of flag

just a felling...clover..chameleon,myhack,and pandora..

seems to be about processor ID...

I prepared the installer on one rig.. and I'm installing on another rig..an asrock h87 with a 4430..

could be this a major issue?

c.frio

hi..

seems all boot loaders stop at same point..depending of flag

just a felling...clover..chameleon,myhack,and pandora..

seems to be about processor ID...

I prepared the installer on one rig.. and I'm installing on another rig..an asrock h87 with a 4430..

could be this a major issue?

c.frio

Do you have a patched DSDT? This is a funny one, but the soludtion I found was on Projextosx. This problem pertains to USB. I used the installer with USB flags enabled and it gave the processor id panic. On chameleon, it will happen if you use the usb flags and have a patched acpiplatform.kext.

hi

no DSDT...

thanks..I'll focus this angle..

what you mean... usb with or without" flag enabled"...?.. EDIT: Oh...understood...sorry..

can you send me the direction to projectosx topic ?

c.frio

hi

no DSDT...

thanks..I'll focus this angle..

what you mean... usb with or without" flag enabled"...?.. EDIT: Oh...understood...sorry..

can you send me the direction to projectosx topic ?

c.frio

am at work, will post the linke when I get home. Which system are you installing on .... I doubt the kernel patcher patches anything on non hp systems

Also maybe try booting with busratio=xx and cpus=1 and see if it still panics.

hi

i prepared it on a H77M as rock with a i3 2105..and trying to install on a asrock h87 pro4 with Haswell 4430 and gtx650...

same results with onboard video..4600..it give the same issues..

yes..I'm looking for a busratio of 4430 seems to be around 30...I don't know the number...

c.frio