Pandora's Box (Beta 2 Testing)

Marchrius

351 posts in this topic

There is a lot I don't understand about your system. I built a Hackentosh using "another system" which will remain unnamed.

I was able to build the boot stick, although there were times when I had to guess and pray what was the correct action. I was able to Boot into Safe Mode. I ran the post installation but didn't understand what most of the Pandora settings were for. So, better explanations are needed. The Post Installation is not much like "the Other system," so I was whistling in the dark most of the time.

Running the Post Installation left me with a number of issues. I was never able to get out of safe mode.

No Sound. ACL898 was not available for my board.

No Internet. ALXEthernet.kext and AppleIntelE1000e.kext were unavailable.

1080P Display was not selectable, so my screen flickered.

My DSDT was ignored. Or I had no idea of where I should have placed it other than the desktop.

No doubt I could correct these issues, but I will wait until you get closer to a final product

Pandora's Box is awesome.

Better than myHack, IMO

The only complaint I have is that its user interface needs a user interface!

What difference did you find between my hack and pandora? have you seen my hack thing has inside?

There is a lot I don't understand about your system. I built a Hackentosh using "another system" which will remain unnamed.

I was able to build the boot stick, although there were times when I had to guess and pray what was the correct action. I was able to Boot into Safe Mode. I ran the post installation but didn't understand what most of the Pandora settings were for. So, better explanations are needed. The Post Installation is not much like "the Other system," so I was whistling in the dark most of the time.

Running the Post Installation left me with a number of issues. I was never able to get out of safe mode.

My DSDT was ignored. Or I had no idea of where I should have placed it other than the desktop.

No doubt I could correct these issues, but I will wait until you get closer to a final product

Hello, I read the post 2 : http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289758-pandoras-box-beta-2-testing/

Fabio

You are really the person on the photo on your avatar?
congratulations .... I'm 16 years old, I hope that at your age still have the desire to play with OSx86! :lol: 

By clicking on the context menu, located on the top bar, when Pandora is running, you can call up the "Help", and read some important things.

[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] collects your DSDT from your desktop, but Pandora has a specific folder where you put your DSDT.aml (or all of your ACPI tables), the InsanelyBox folder!
Attention, during the creation of your USB Installer:

Do you want to include your file: RecoveryHDUpdate.dmg, ACPI tables (dsdt.aml, ssdt.aml etc..), or your own custom smbios.plist?

>

by answering Yes, all that is inside InsanelyBox to be taken into account, if you answer is No, then no files will be considered!

As above, read the "Help"

Sorry, not included yet.

I hope to expand the ALC family, but unfortunately I do not possess this codec, and I can not even try. After I asked permission to a user here on InsanelyMac (guess who...), maybe I'll do a porting of all the work of ALC Audio, ... but I have not asked until now!

Have you checked that this is really so?

I say this because I have doubts about what you said:

in other tools, the kexts are placed in bulk in System/Library/Extensions, but Pandora install many extensions in their natural place:

for Ethernet kexts, the natural position is System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

ie inside the Plugin folder of IONetworkingFamily.kext.

Try to install one of the kexts as you mentioned, and then looks into the path I showed you....for me this works really well!

This is not really a problem, other tools, including those not nameable, not even have that option, and you can safely hand editing the org.chameleon.boot.plist after having done the USB Installer.
However, only with 1080p mentioned by you, unfortunately I can not do anything, what is needed is a complete like 2100x1080 (ex) would be better.
Another consideration from this point of view, is that what you like GraphicsMode selection, it is only the resolution of the Thema  at boot time, telling the VESA driver which resolution must be used, but unfortunately this varies depending on your video card, and it is not take for granted that your display resolution is still supported. Ultimately other resolutions can be added, but at least communicated with such precision, I would just add that if you really supported.

Going to get a new Update, this materializes  today

Micky

Carmine, I saw your PM, but these last few days I have not used my laptop, I had to reinstall everything (I messed up by my self), and just last night I started to restore. After I'll try to accommodate you.

Micky

Hi...

"You are really the person on the photo on your avatar?
congratulations .... I'm 16 years old, I hope that at your age still have the desire to play with OSx86!  :lol:"

thats about the age..

I'm 61...

and going to Reno ,NV at end of this month...

sorry off topic...

--read carefully the help..

--at first don't use dsdt or ssdt

c.frio

Carmine, I saw your PM, but these last few days I have not used my laptop, I had to reinstall everything (I messed up by my self), and just last night I started to restore. After I'll try to accommodate you.

Micky

:lol::wallbash: After? What is after? Another kext? :hysterical:

ok...but i have problem with fake smc branch Kozlek , on my clover boot mode UEFI dont work , and i need only branch Slice...but dont worry i am here for test it

Can you give me a link to the Slice's branch?

Micky

Hello Micky
And 'possible to insert the nVidia drivers in Pandora
In the Post Installation section Video Cards

Fabio

Is my intention, but do not put the whole package, very heavy in MB, but downloading it from Nvidia site:

the wifiinjector.kext (put on every Media, DVD or USB) is used to do this (or other similar things) during installation (or in post installation). Only I did not have time to implement this thing yet. But it will be done!

Micky

of course ,

Here

:wink_anim:

but I did not understand, why put the nvidia driver? maybe there are problems during installation for users nvidia 660 and beyond?

@miscel have you see branch Slice ?

With kozlek branch i have a serius problem , my pc restart and dont work , but if use fake smc the Zar ( slice) work perfect.

Ps: of course with clover UEFI , but with enoch dont have problem

Hai aggiustato il tuo portatile?

Is my intention, but do not put the whole package, very heavy in MB, but downloading it from Nvidia site:
the wifiinjector.kext (put on every Media, DVD or USB) is used to do this (or other similar things) during installation (or in post installation). Only I did not have time to implement this thing yet. But it will be done!

Of course the package is too heavy, if you can put the "link" to the nVidia driver

Fabio

Hi

tried pandora 134 ,with mavericks....the only problem is on adding "nullcpuP.."at customize before install... seems it does not inject correctly the kext...

I'll try again...

and on mavericks it does not accept the "genericusbxhci..." have a message .. it is not made by developer..or something similar...

c.frio

Hi

tried pandora 134 ,with mavericks....the only problem is on adding "nullcpuP.."at customize before install... seems it does not inject correctly the kext...

I'll try again...

and on mavericks it does not accept the "genericusbxhci..." have a message .. it is not made by developer..or something similar...

c.frio

On Mavericks, if you refear to this message:

Untitled.png

only means that those who produced GenericXHCI.kext, is not simply a known Developer by Apple. This is not due to Pandora, and it is not an error.
And If you see well, the message says:

.. but will  be still loaded

so, all ok.

This is caused by Apple is introducing a new security policy on the new OS.

For the NullCPU, you can be more specific about error received?

Can you show me a logs made, creating USB, or during installation?

Micky

EDIT

You have checked the Credits page of Pandora, under "InsanelyMac Special Thanks"?  :)

Hi...

thank you for the "InsanelyMac Special Thanks"..

".. but will  be still loaded"

yes I read that...it's ok....

think I didn't choose "nullcpu...."...during the install process..under "customize"

I'll try latter again...

I got this .txt .if it helps..

c.frio

Pandora Installer 08-05-13_1507.txt

Hi all,

I tried to make a pandora installer with ML 10.8.4 but it does'nt work.

I have updated pandora to last update. Here is my log.

Thank you

Can you try to re-download Pandora from the Download section and retry?

From your log, it seems that some scripts do not have the right permissions due to download/decompress process.

Let me know!

Micky

Hi Micky,

I downloaded last Pandora from the link you gave me, but nothing changed. Here is my log.

How can I do? Now I'll try from another partition with Lion 10.7 and let you know

EDIT: i tried from Lion 10.7.4 but i failed, with a different output. Here is

installazione pandora fallita07-08-2013.txt

installazione pandora da Lion.txt