Pandora's Box (Beta 2 Testing)

Marchrius

351 posts in this topic

I can boot the installer to the first screen, but it gives me an error:

"Mac OS X can't be installed on this computer.  IC_Unsupported_Platform.

If you want to restore your system from a Time Machine backup, click 'Restore from Backup'."

I set the computer model to one that's compatible with Mountain Lion (MacPro5,1), and I boot into it with -v -x

I'm using a Core i7-3770 with 8GB of RAM and a GeForce GTX 670.

Is there something I'm missing?  I've googled this problem but no solution was found.

quick reporting partial sucess for gigabyte z77n-wifi. 

- i generated the usb stick on a gigabyte z77N-wifi, then reformatted the internal ssd

mode 2, imad 12,2 i think, nucpumanagement+wifi injector, no files added

i have changed the wifi card to the compatible dell one.

the wifi is recognized during installation ! so you can register iTune and stuff during instal.

first boot everything is great ! that was freaking easy ! thanks a lot that's a huge step forward from what we had in the past years. ! no dsdt nothing.

the problems comes after with the audio AC892. the driver didn't work after two attempts, rebuild cache, then i got a long warning alert about clearing caches and stuff, maybe i push wrong button, was busy don't recall. then reboot : the mac got frozen on desktop.

i had to reformat and reinstal all.

i retried instal audio AC892, still the same.

i used tøn1m4c (i don't like censorship) stuff for this driver and ethnernet while i was at it, it worked both.

the mac is now working fine.

On the pandora app, i had this before, the yellow and red icons are not always visible. even on a clean fresh instal mac. i had this on many macs

quick reporting partial sucess for gigabyte z77n-wifi. 

mode 2, imad 12,2 i think, nucpumanagement+wifi injector, no files added

dazz, I always need for the logs (there is one also on the root of your disk after installation), but thanks for the test :) .

i used tøn1m4c (i don't like censorship) stuff for this driver and ethnernet while i was at it, it worked both.

the mac is now working fine.

Without dsdt can be a problem with AppleHPET to activate AppleHDA  (you can try to delete them temporarily, to see) due to wrong iRQ assigned.

Even if you do not like censorship, maybe you need to know that its  AppleHDA is done by @toleda....credits go to him ;)

toleda uses a HDAEnabler, place within its AppleHDA (without dsdt version). We use Enoch injection, but there may be problem with HPET.

i have changed the wifi card to the compatible dell one.

the wifi is recognized during installation ! so you can register iTune and stuff during instal.

This will be useful when I implement in Pandora some things to be downloaded from internet...during installation :)

the problems comes after with the audio AC892. the driver didn't work after two attempts, rebuild cache, then i got a long warning alert about clearing caches and stuff, maybe i push wrong button, was busy don't recall. then reboot : the mac got frozen on desktop.

i had to reformat and reinstal all.

The window that you saw, it happens only because Extensions.mkext is present in /Extra, which is copied from the installer for the first boot only, and need to delete.

Normal Mode to use the cache is to use vanilla one in /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache istead of Extensions.mkext.
Extensions.mkext contains some essential kext, which allow you to install on many hardware.

When Extensions.mkext is present, but no kexts present in E/E:

Alert.png

When Extensions.mkext is present, and kexts are present in E/E:

Alert2.png

The option to choose is simple, if you have some kext in /Extra/Extensions, for some personal reason (some still use that... but is not the correct way). If you want to use the right method you need to use the standard kernelcache (so, extensions must be move from EE to SLE, first).
However Extensions.mkext and EE extensions work from OSx Lion on, only if @meklort KernelPatcher.dylib module is present in /Extra/modules (To be more Vanilla you can remove him if you do not need it).

So, click on "kextcache" 

If anything goes wrong you can always use -x argument at boot time to reboot in secure mode.

Micky

I can boot the installer to the first screen, but it gives me an error:

"Mac OS X can't be installed on this computer.  IC_Unsupported_Platform.

If you want to restore your system from a Time Machine backup, click 'Restore from Backup'."

I set the computer model to one that's compatible with Mountain Lion (MacPro5,1), and I boot into it with -v -x

I'm using a Core i7-3770 with 8GB of RAM and a GeForce GTX 670.

Is there something I'm missing?  I've googled this problem but no solution was found.

I have seen this message once, but there was still an installation disk because I had not formatted.
Can you tell me if this is so or you've tried installing on MBR disk?

Micky

Hi there,

I've just discovered ( a couple of hoours ago) Pandora's Box and felt very excited to have a tool that make all the necessary steps about Hackintosh installation.

So I've downloaded the last version (134 Beta2) and unfortunately I'm facing an issue during the "Create Installer" script, which stops.

Copie de mach_kernel et boot.efi depuis l'image principale d'OS X...
---- lipo is in place!
---- txt are in place!
  Copie d'OSInstall.mpkg pour être patché

Melgoose$

It's in french, but for sure you'll be able to locate it in the process

I've tried the 3 options in the beginning menu, tried also to configure with the "preferences" menu or within the script, etc... but it always stop at the same step.

I've also verified that OSInstall.mpkg is accessible in the ML install package.

An idea ?

PS: I'm using Pandora'sBox  on a MacBook Air under Lion

Sorry, I spent a lot of time to create a system to generate logs.

Unfortunately I am not a magician, and I want to see what happened during the whole process.
Since I always say that I need the whole log, I will not answer those who do not post their logs.

Micky

Sorry, I spent a lot of time to create a system to generate logs.

Unfortunately I am not a magician, and I want to see what happened during the whole process.
Since I always say that I need the whole log, I will not answer those who do not post their logs.

Micky

Here are the logs

PBLogs.zip

Here are the logs

hdiutil: detach failed - Fichier ou répertoire inexistant
---- no previous Preboot found

Surely this was an image already mounted from a previous execution of Pandora. Only way if OSx can not unmount it, just restart and retry.

In the next version there will be an additional control for this

Micky

hdiutil: detach failed - Fichier ou répertoire inexistant
---- no previous Preboot found

Surely this was an image already mounted from a previous execution of Pandora. Only way if OSx can not unmount it, just restart and retry.

In the next version there will be an additional control for this

Micky

Thx for the answer.

I've made some cleaning, reboot my MBA but script always stop at the same step :(

Logs attached, but it does not showing the same error...

PBLogs2.zip

Thx for the answer.

I've made some cleaning, reboot my MBA but script always stop at the same step :(

Logs attached, but it does not showing the same error...

New attemtp, I took le "liberty" to add a "set -x" at the beginning of the script.

It's a little bit weird because it seems to go further...

PBlogs-x.zip

New attemtp, I took le "liberty" to add a "set -x" at the beginning of the script.

It's a little bit weird because it seems to go further...

Tried do do some debugging by my side...

It seems that there's a problem with the function OS_Distribution()

The different cases are "10.9*" "10.8.*" "10.7*"

I've deleted the dot after 10.8 and now it works ! ( got the HelloWorld.html )

• Like 1

Wow

This is a mistake that there is a long time!!!
I never noticed because I use hardly 10.8 App version , always use 10.8.3 or 10.8.4  (I would not have ever noticed)  :thumbsup_anim:
You be thanked for this inside Pandora!
Thank you!

Micky

EDIT

It seems to me that you are handy with bash script?? Right?

Micky

Wow

This is a mistake that there is a long time!!!
I never noticed because I use hardly 10.8 App version , always use 10.8.3 or 10.8.4  (I would not have ever noticed)  :thumbsup_anim:
You be thanked for this inside Pandora!
Thank you!

Micky

EDIT

It seems to me that you are handy with bash script?? Right?

Micky

writing, reading and editing some lines per day at work B)  (on linux)

• Like 1

quick report again on a gigabyte P67X-UD3-B3, intel i5 2500

- i have made a usb stick in mode 2 to instal on gigabyte z77n-wifi, so i installed it. i've used this same usb stick on p67X-UD3-B3 but it didn't work. i got stuck booting on usb stick with a blank screen. so my guess was some gods created mode 3 for this problem.

so i made a second stick with mode 3, iMac 12,1

it works excepts after a while on the finder i have this pict : Photo%2026-08-13%2016%2040%2003%20(HDR).

the log for p67x-UD3-B3 : 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6781149/P67XUD3B3.zip

here you can find log for the z77n-wifi : 

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6781149/P67XUD3B3.zip

here some other log i don't remember what it was lol :

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6781149/PandoraLOGs.zip

this is how pandora looks like on some comps

missingicons.png

i had this problems on a least two comps.

so my only question is there anything i can do to quickly solve the hang with cpu hpet problem simply ? sorry i'm very busy these days, don't have much time for this unfortunalty

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

the Pandora App need eSell Hijack 1.0b7 by clicking the "Post Installation" Button.

The eSell Hijack Installer open automatic, but after the installation of eSell the Pandora open the eSell Installer again, and again. (Yes, i have make the logout or restart!)

My System: OS X 10.9 (Build: 13A558)

Hello,

the Pandora App need eSell Hijack 1.0b7 by clicking the "Post Installation" Button.

The eSell Hijack Installer open automatic, but after the installation of eSell the Pandora open the eSell Installer again, and again. (Yes, i have make the logout or restart!)

My System: OS X 10.9 (Build: 13A558)

Pandora.app call the post installation packages (Pandora's-Box.mpkg) with Installer.app (OSX native), this makes me think that blame lies with eSell Hijack for sure! ...as if he was replaced in the system to open that type of extensions. Reading around I saw that eSell Hijack creates a lot of trouble

Micky

and how can I now solve the problem?

In truth I do not know how to do, because I never installed that application.
I can imagine that some demons that are installed in OSx whit it.

Put Pandora on the Desktop, and copy/paste this command on the terminal:

open ~/Desktop/Pandora.app/Contents/Resources/Base/Insanelymac/PKG/Pandoras-BOX.mpkg

tell me know

Micky

First of all I'd like to thank you for all the incredible work!

I'm facing some problems and I can't figure out how to solve them.

Here's my steps:

Format USB Key => Mac OS Extended (Journaled) with MBR option.

Pandora => Create Installer, Mode 1, USB, ML, Conf.#4, 1920x1080x32, MacPro5,1

During the creation a warning appears: "Patch per partizioni MBR non trovata, se continui devi installare in GUID con OSx 10.8.5".

I clicked "Continuare".

All done, good Hackintosh! => Eject "Pandora Installer"

I tried to run the installer with these options: "-v -f -x"

stuck at => [PCI Configuration begin]

Then i tried to add:

PCIRootUID=0

PCIRootUID=1

npci=0x3000

npci=0x2000

nothing...

When i typed "-v -f -x PCIRootUID=0 npci=0x3000":

[PCI Configuration begin]

[PCI Configuration end, bridges 1, devices 46]

[PCI Configuration begin]

but it was still hanged..

IOPCIFamily.kext inside S/L/E it's 2.8 version, I'm able to go forward replacing it with the 2.7 version but then it messed up with the other kexts i think (can't load AppleAHCIPort.kext) and everything stuck at "DSMOS has arrived".

any idea?

Here you have some logs! You can find my build on my signature.

Thank you.

PBInstMakerLOG.txt

PBmainLOG.txt

Hi

try formatting the pen drive as 1 partition GUID...and see if it accept..

use npci=0x2000 for "[PCI Configuration begin]"

try methods  #2 and# 3 too,'cause your video card...(I expect it is compatible..)just for secure..to boot as clean as possible..

keep the original ( that comes with ML) iopcifamily..

c.frio

Hi

try formatting the pen drive as 1 partition GUID...and see if it accept..

use npci=0x2000 for "[PCI Configuration begin]"

try methods  #2 and# 3 too,'cause your video card...(I expect it is compatible..)just for secure..to boot as clean as possible..

keep the original ( that comes with ML) iopcifamily..

c.frio

Thank you for the reply!

Still the same error even with GUID formatted USB: "Patch per partizioni MBR non trovata, se continui devi installare in GUID con OSx 10.8.5".

Anyway I tried methods #2 and #3 too.

Method #2 => still stuck at [PCI Configuration begin] with npci=0x2000.

Without options (just "-v -f -x") the screen stays at [PCI Configuration begin] but the USB keeps loading and after a while the screen turn into blank like booted into the installer, but I can't see it. (I tried again, it seems I cannot replicate it.. did it just once!?!)

Method #3 => after [PCI Configuration begin] it shows "RTC: Only single RAM bank (128bytes)" and stuck there... with or without "npci=0x2000".

:(

hi

do you have another video card to try?

c.frio

Yes, GeForce 8800GT from my MacPro3,1!

I tried with it (mode 1).. and the loading goes ok (PCI ok, AHCI ok) till the screen turn into blank once I reach the installer. (i tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes and cpus=1).

So my problem was the GTX770 not compatible with hackintosh, isn't it?  :(

hi

any change booting with "-x' ?

GraphicsEnabler=No ?

using DVI or VGA ? play with it..

wait a little more...during the blank screen..look for HD action..

you have to seach about gtx770..my be with nvidia drivers...sorry ..don't know

look..

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/280780-mountain-lion-8800-gt-black-screen/page-2

and others...

c.frio