Clover Themes

Slice
1,844 posts in this topic

On 7/9/2019 at 10:52 AM, ferchizzle said:

@Badruzeus can you please repost this version of the theme? Neon v1.0..

Thanks and sorry for too late reply, I really missed forum notification honestly.

Plz check new Neon theme v2.1 (updated on August 13th 2019). I hope this is what are you looking for.

Hello again!

#FYi: I've updated all my uploaded Clover themes on repo with these changes:

1. Most theme with `bad` 160px OS_badges have been re-standardized to 128px

2. OS_Badge's Layer transparency (Alpha) for Beauty, Chamelia, Neon, Oceanix & Smooth 

3. Fix `Dotted 0` misallignment for DroidSansMono, sharper font with DropShadow fx

4. New background patterns, pointer.png designs, and refinement for some components

5. Removed sound_night.wav, \icons\os_moja_night.icns & some redundant files (for smaller theme's size)

6. Dropping HexaCore, Mojave4k, QBDark256, & Retina4k. (probably with re-add them later with better designs);

...New Catalina4k theme, and much more.

Here are some examples:

1. Beauty (new transparent OS_Badges)

Spoiler

Beauty.jpg

2. Chamelia (now it uses background pattern by default, and OS_Badges have transparency)

V01qekI.jpg

Chamelia256 is available on my GitHub repo here

(plz don't LOL me @blackosx, transparent Selection_big is terrible hah haa)

3. Neon (default background is dark blue, but you could change it to another dark colors)

Spoiler

Neon.jpg

4. Oceanix (the background now has pattern)

Spoiler

Oceanix.jpg

5. Smooth (it also has background pattern, Selection_big is reversed in comparison with prev. one)

Spoiler

Smooth.jpg

6. Catalina4k (replacing Mojave4k, both theme are similar but diff. background honestly)

Spoiler

Catalina4k.jpg

Enjoy new themes & happy Hackintosh!

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 5

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but is there a way to visualise Clover raster themes for testing/tuning purposes, without the need to reboot ?

Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pit256 said:

Hi all,

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but is there a way to visualise Clover raster themes for testing/tuning purposes, without the need to reboot ?

Thanks.

Hi

In Clover GUI/Options. I don't remember exactly where. You can select/unselect theme (installed of course).

Thanks Matgen, but what I'm looking for is a tool that could display a WYSIWYG preview of the theme I'm creating or editing.

I mean, I don't want to restart each time I adjust something, just to check that the change I applied is correct.

Ideally, a Quick Look plugin would be nice... B)

4 minutes ago, pit256 said:

Thanks Matgen, but what I'm looking for is a tool that could display a WYSIWYG preview of the theme I'm creating or editing.

I mean, I don't want to restart each time I adjust something, just to check that the change I applied is correct.

I don't know if there is such plugin :)

Sometime ago, I used Fusion's Tool in VmWare Fusion Pro. The ISO Bootable file can be mounted to change the name of the theme in config.plist, copy personal theme to theme folder

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, pit256 said:

I am using QEMU for this purpose

Снимок экрана 2019-09-14 в 5.54.58.png

Just 1Gb of occupied space.

• Like 1

Many thanks Slice!

I just installed Qemu using Homebrew, but don't know how to run it ...

Could you please point me to some tutorial ?

Also, will fusion71au's EFI_Clover for VMware ISO file work with Qemu ? I guess not ...

Edited by pit256

Is there a way to set what the y-position on the screen should be for the first row of icons? When show-banner is false, it seems that the default position is at the vertical center. Can this be altered? Or is the only way to do this by changing it in source code and recompiling?

(If there is no way, then I wonder if it's possible to, at least in the case of moving the y-position lower on the screen, show an empty, transparent banner that takes up some of the space on the upper screen and squeezes the icons further down.)

9 hours ago, pit256 said:

Many thanks Slice!

I just installed Qemu using Homebrew, but don't know how to run it ...

Could you please point me to some tutorial ?

Also, will fusion71au's EFI_Clover for VMware ISO file work with Qemu ? I guess not ...

1. You need an image.

2. You need a command to start.

Look my solution and use as a sample. Unpack attached files before use.

QEMU-test2.img-0.lzma

test.sh.zip

• Like 1

@pit256 I use Oracle VirtualBox for Bootloader preview. :)

If you're interested; I attached my preconfigured VM (including VirtualDisk.vmdk) here.

1. Once VirtualBox install succeeded (and Extensions Pack are installed), open `CloverEFI.vbox`; it will be imported to the VBox Manager app

2. VirtualDisk.vmdk is using GPT scheme, it contains EFI, 12 Small HFS+ Partitions, and 2 APFS.

3. For easily mounting / modify EFI contents, you need VMDK Mounter app (though you could also use EFI Shell #LOL):

- Open *.vmdk, then Terminal:

- diskutil list

- sudo diskutil mount /dev/diskXsY

// where XY is Virtual EFI Volume Identifier (for example: disk1s1)

4. Now you should see Virtual EFI (among other partitions) are mounted and they're rewritable..!!!

5. Modify it's contents as you wish through Finder, edit Clover config.plist, placing any theme, etc.

#NOTES:

(A) Starting the VM will boot into 1st macOS partition, not EFI (contains Clover BOOTX64.efi). Configured boot entries on VBox firmware option is not Saved after VM terminated. This is not fancy, so.. you need to press any key when VirtualBox starting, go to "Boot Manager" then manually select "EFI Hard Disk" for booting Clover.

(B) VirtualBox has EfiGraphics resolution limits eg. 1366x768 is not supported, but 1024x768, 1280x720, 1920x1080, etc.

For changing EfiGraphicsResolution (UEFI) to 1920x1080, Terminal: (replacing VM Name)

VBoxManage setextradata "VM Name" VBoxInternal2/EfiGraphicsResolution 1920x1080

// you may also need setting `\EFI\CLOVER\config.plist - GUI - Resolution` as well.

(C) Pointer on GUI didn't work (if I still remember) since VirtualBox 6.0, seems like issue with VM Mouse Integration. I've added PS2Mouse* and or UsbMouse*.efi (tried from old Clover v2.4k as well) the results are still same.

Hi @fusion71au, do you get this issue with VBox too? I mean, not when Guest OS is running.

Anyway, Notes (A), (B), (C) only occurred when running VirtualBox. Should be fine with VMWare (but it' s not free).

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2019-09-16 at 10.53.22.jpg

Edited by Badruzeus
  • Like 3

On 9/15/2019 at 6:13 AM, Slice said:

1. You need an image.

2. You need a command to start.

Look my solution and use as a sample. Unpack attached files before use.

QEMU-test2.img-0.lzma

test.sh.zip

@Slice, I tried to customize your shell script, but unfortunately did not manage to make it work. I'm afraid it's a bit over my skills...

Anyway, thanks for trying to help! ;)

Edited by pit256

On 9/13/2019 at 5:15 PM, Matgen84 said:

I don't know if there is such plugin :)

Sometime ago, I used Fusion's Tool in VmWare Fusion Pro. The ISO Bootable file can be mounted to change the name of the theme in config.plist, copy personal theme to theme folder

@Matgen84,

It works for me with VMware Fusion, but I had to create a writable disk image in order to be able to modify the theme files.

This could be a decent solution except that Clover boot screen doesn't show any volume...

Any idea of how to populate the upper row ?

1379153331_Capturedcran2019-09-1616_16_03.thumb.png.a6afce7fa071ba2ee5ed13a8955acc93.png

Edited by pit256

9 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

@pit256 I use Oracle VirtualBox for Bootloader preview. :)

If you're interested; I attached my preconfigured VM (including VirtualDisk.vmdk) here.

1. Once VirtualBox...

Thank you @Badruzeus, I will try your VirtualBox solution. :)

Edited by pit256

1 hour ago, pit256 said:

@Matgen84,

It works for me with VMware Fusion, but I had to create a writable disk image in order to be able to modify the theme files.

This could be a decent solution except that Clover boot screen doesn't show any volume...

Any idea of how to populate the upper row ?

1379153331_Capturedcran2019-09-1616_16_03.thumb.png.a6afce7fa071ba2ee5ed13a8955acc93.png

It's normal if you havent any OS on VM or connected bootable USB (like Install macOS). Try to install macos Mojave for example, as Host Machine.

Sorry for my bad english 

4 hours ago, Extreme™ said:

using Glassy theme i have a artifacts -in the lower left part - on clover boot screen at my default monitor resolution 2560 x 1440.

Yes, expected. I guess it comes from provided 8-bit background.png (1080p) bcoz of bad gradient (dithered / pattern).

I could replace it with better quality in 24-bit PNG, but it'll produce a damn big file (2x - 4x bigger than 8-bit).

Since, ppl usually change background image with their version; I didn't do this for resources efficiency on repo.

Sorry, plz use another better image. Thanks for report anyway.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

It's normal if you havent any OS on VM or connected bootable USB (like Install macOS). Try to install macos Mojave for example, as Host Machine.

Sorry for my bad english 

OK, bootable USB keys shows on Clover boot screen... Thank you!

BTW, your English is not so bad. ;)

2102333149_Capturedcran2019-09-1701_23_01.thumb.png.320e7b4c64ac0b7c593fcaa74c155f7f.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/9/2019 at 4:49 PM, Maf3r0 said:

@Badruzeus

I loved Outlines theme, but I can't see additional option icons, like shell, restart, info, etc

So, is that possible to increase these icons visibility?

#AFAIK func_icons visibility is not related to the theme, but Clover config.plist - GUI. Since the *.png for them are available on \icons dir; plz make sure you have this option:

<key>Scan</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Tool</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 01.43.23.jpg

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Badruzeus said:

make sure you have this option:

I've tested, but no luck… thanks, anyway.

take a look at this images to see problem:

IMG_20191011_204811446.thumb.jpg.b04631720fcc48781a5792b5dd03e366.jpgIMG_20191011_204801185.thumb.jpg.e780bef3ee3e19c2cf644f66fd682152.jpg

I had to replace those small icons by the icons from your other theme: Emerald.

Now, see difference:

IMG_20191011_211125804.thumb.jpg.ce2bd8ef084be2c453444af689964b80.jpgIMG_20191011_211112791.thumb.jpg.95b9b3ec0c8f4e22d84263691e548f6a.jpg