[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

I removed NV* and Geforce* kext to fix boot stuck and after that installed chameleon and set 1366*766*32 resoloustion in chameleon boot file

Now, my problem :

just 64MB memory for video card! and bad gui

my laptop configuration:

acer e1-571g

i3-3120m ivy-bridge

nvdia 710m

intel 4000 HD

500GB HDD

4G Ram DDR3

You have an Intel HD 4000 and NOT our Intel HD Graphics.

Update: Good news! I got QE/CI working! Bad news... Can't get the HDMI port to work... I tried LCD+DP and LCD+VGA, both not working for HDMI port.

Well that's interesting lol. I mean there was someone else here I believed that had a pentium as well and it worked too. I might update the guide to add Intel Pentium on the compatibility list. As for HDMI, its not working at the moment.

I removed NV* and Geforce* kext to fix boot stuck and after that installed chameleon and set 1366*766*32 resoloustion in chameleon boot file

Now, my problem :

just 64MB memory for video card! and bad gui

my laptop configuration:

acer e1-571g

i3-3120m ivy-bridge

nvdia 710m

intel 4000 HD

500GB HDD

4G Ram DDR3

As Giofrida said, you have a 3rd Generation Intel HD Graphics 4000 IGPU. You didn't read the guide well. I'm not sure how you thought that was 1st gen.

Unfortunately, that also gives me a gray screen on LVDS and no VGA output when I connect an external monitor, at the moment external output only works when I inject APPL,os-info 30 49 00 14 14 14 08 04 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF, Do you believe if I exchange my Internal Laptop Screen for a different one, Maybe Ill have different results? OR is it a hardware issue.

Your lucky that you can use VGA. Mine doesn't seem to work even with that OS-info. I would have liked to run OS X on a bigger screen. Anybody enabled VGA or played around with OS-info? 

I can't believe how well 10.8.4 works on my system. Minecraft used to laaaggg on Windows and when I installed it on OS X it runs soooo smooth. I just don't understand how people can be so blind to REFUSE to try out OS X.

Apple writes their own drivers for 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics. In other words, with every new update, there are always better performance improvements. I remember 10.8.2 graphics performance was very glitchy and on 10.8.4 its faster and stable. Unlike Intel who just abandoned support.

Just want to give a thanks to GhostRaider for making this happen. Good stuff bro!

Thank you lol, but some of our InsanelyMac members here are the ones that deserve all the credit for discovering QE/CI :) Making this guide takes hours or days since there's a lot of editing but I believe sharing knowledge to others is important. 

• Like 1

Apple writes their own drivers for 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics. In other words, with every new update, there are always better performance improvements. I remember 10.8.2 graphics performance was very glitchy and on 10.8.4 its faster and stable. Unlike Intel who just abandoned support.

Thank you lol, but some of our InsanelyMac members here are the ones that deserve all the credit for discovering QE/CI :) Making this guide takes hours or days since there's a lot of editing but I believe sharing knowledge to others is important. 

amen to that bro! I wish I know how to start coding so I can do more help around here and get more drivers completed...

One thing I want to learn really soon is how DSDTs work so I can help create a list of DSDTs for people to download.

sorry I didn't note. btw, may u please help me what kexts needs to boot Intel 4000 HD ? I deleted a lot of kexts.

Sorry but I don't have much free time but a fresh install is what you need. Ask someone for help (not in this topic) and put your laptop model and specs in the signature.

Thanks for this great guide. I would like to report that I have enabled QE/CI in my laptop. As you can see in my signature, it has an Intel Pentium CPU, therefore, I suggest the OP edit the first post. One doesn't have to have Core i3, i5, or i7 for this to work. Happy that now I can enjoy Pro apps too. :)

Being a newcomer in OSX86 scene, please allow me to ask this though: When I attach an external monitor to my laptop with DVI cable, it doesn't show anything. Can anyone point me to a right direction where I should look up to fix this VGA issue? Thanks!

• Like 1

After a day of working at this computer I have finally gotten it to boot up, unfortunately when I boot into OS X it shows a scrambled screen (I've tried all 4 link widths).

My computer is a Vostro 3400 with Core i3-380m.

Also, for some reason I can't boot using Chameleon, I am able to boot using Clover off of a USB stick though.

After a day of working at this computer I have finally gotten it to boot up, unfortunately when I boot into OS X it shows a scrambled screen (I've tried all 4 link widths).

My computer is a Vostro 3400 with Core i3-380m.

Also, for some reason I can't boot using Chameleon, I am able to boot using Clover off of a USB stick though.

Did you install the right FB package.

Did you install on a logical drive?

Plz help!!!

I dont know why it cant work on my Intel HD integrated graphics?

I have even upgraded Mac Os X from 10.8.3 to 10.8.4 (cuz it seems that there's only QE/CI file for 10.8.4)

Here's my hardware configuration:

0) I used the lastest muiltibeast with a DSDT specifically for GA-H55M-D2H-888b-F3.

1)motherboard :gigabyte H55M-D2H (I have upated to biosF3 to work with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url]'s F3  887 ,audio card works fine)

2)CPU: i3-530

3)Video card: Intel HD integrated graphics

(no independant video card)

4) 4G mem,80G hard drive

At very beginning,I used 10.8.3.

I downloaded Intel HD Graphics CI for 10.8.3 and did as instruction step by step with the help of Kext Utility .

(deleted all these files

AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGA.plugin

AppleIntelHDGraphicsGLDriver.bundle

AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle

so there was no AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext when i used the ' CI for 10.8.3',cuz ' CI for 10.8.3' only 

has AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle)

After installation,

Intel HD Graphics CI didnt work at all on my 10.8.3 .

Graphics still worked only 1024x768,no other  resolution options.

I still had an "Unknown" graphics name in About This Mac and System Information.

Then i wonder if  QE/CI file can work?

So I upgraded to 10.8.4 and used  QE/CI file (which only has 10.8.4 version on your post).

But this time i got a spinning wheel spins forever in boot screen.

After removing the very AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext in safe mode,I can enter into the my desktop again,but QE/CI file still didnt work .

I still had an "Unknown" graphics name in About This Mac and System Information.

I have chosed several different AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext ,but still no luck.

I notice many successul cases were on laptop,I wonder does it work on desktop with DVI output?

is it because of the DSDT file i downloaded from the tonymacx86?

cuz after using it ,audio works fine here,

but there's a "Unknown" graphics name in About This Mac and System Information

Thanks a lot in advance!!!!

Did you install the right FB package.

Did you install on a logical drive?

It is installed on my Primary drive. I tried every single one of the FB packages. Every one that I tried stopped the computer from booting, even with Natit. After patching my own FB I was able to get the laptop to boot, but the screen shows up scrambled.

Plz help!!!
I dont know why it cant work on my Intel HD integrated graphics?
I have even upgraded Mac Os X from 10.8.3 to 10.8.4 (cuz it seems that there's only QE/CI file for 10.8.4)

Here's my hardware configuration:
0) I used the lastest muiltibeast with a DSDT specifically for GA-H55M-D2H-888b-F3.

1)motherboard :gigabyte H55M-D2H (I have upated to biosF3 to work with #####'s F3  887 ,audio card works fine)
2)CPU: i3-530
3)Video card: Intel HD integrated graphics
(no independant video card)

4) 4G mem,80G hard drive

At very beginning,I used 10.8.3.
I downloaded Intel HD Graphics CI for 10.8.3 and did as instruction step by step with the help of Kext Utility .
(deleted all these files
AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext
so there was no AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext when i used the ' CI for 10.8.3',cuz ' CI for 10.8.3' only 
has AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext
AppleIntelHDGraphicsVADriver.bundle)

After installation,
Intel HD Graphics CI didnt work at all on my 10.8.3 .

Then i wonder if  QE/CI file can work?
So I upgraded to 10.8.4 and used  QE/CI file (which only has 10.8.4 version on your post).
But this time i got a spinning wheel spins forever in boot screen.
After removing the very AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext in safe mode,I can enter into the my desktop again,but QE/CI file still didnt work .

I have chosed several different AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext ,but still no luck.

I notice many successul cases were on laptop,I wonder does it work on desktop with DVI output?

is it because of the DSDT file i downloaded from the tonymacx86?

cuz after using it ,audio works fine here,
but there's a "Unknown" graphics name in About This Mac and System Information

Thanks a lot in advance!!!!

Did you use the NAtit kext that often solves the spinning wheel with qe/ci

Did you use the NAtit kext that often solves the spinning wheel with qe/ci

yes i did install NAtit with a AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext in.

what i got is not a 'forever spinning wheel' but a freezing  forever wheel....

But I'm confused about the fact that i also used the "Intel HD Graphics 10.8.4 CI".zip but no luck!

(which didn't  need AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext)

with the help of "System Info.app" ,i found none of those three files loaded???(AppleIntelHDGraphics.kext

)

here are the snapshots 

63461d1375696334-h55m-d2h-screen-shot-2063460d1375696072-h55m-d2h-screen-shot-20

I find IONDRVSupport.kext is loaded instead of neither of those 3 IntelHDXX files.

Another weird thing i found ( i dont know if it matters 

"?video" parameter at startup shows "VESA Video only shows 1024x768 and 800x600 ,others are only *x*x* this format )

Guest Super_LoP

Hello GhostRaider!

Wanna really thanks you for this guide.

You made me got QE/CI on both 10.8.4 and 10.9 DP4. Really thanks you!

Starcraft 2 is so laggy than Windows. But I think it's due to my Pentium P6100.

Just two little thing.

I wonder if there is a way to use it on 10.6? (because some apps only work in.)

And, my VGA output doesn't work. Do you know if there is a way to inject it for make it work?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

i can only enable ci i am using dell inspiron n5010 core i3,can u guys plz help me i am not using any smbios.plist .perhaps it shows iMac i want to ask  does qe/ci works only for plist of macbook pro 6,1???? can i switch my smbios.plist..i just want to enable qe also plz help me i have been stick to it for whole summer

Guest Super_LoP

i can only enable ci i am using dell inspiron n5010 core i3,can u guys plz help me i am not using any smbios.plist .perhaps it shows iMac i want to ask  does qe/ci works only for plist of macbook pro 6,1???? can i switch my smbios.plist..i just want to enable qe also plz help me i have been stick to it for whole summer

He's right. You could NEVER put QE/CI if you're not LVDS.