[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

Hello Guys! I have a Sony Vaio VPCEA43EG with core i3 380m. i just want to ask if there is a way to know if my internal monitor is connected via eDP or lvds using Mac OSX.

This laptop might be using the LVDS connection according to one of the Sony documentations for this series. I guess if you want to be sure, install any Linux distro (Ubuntu or something) on a USB, boot it up, open terminal and type "sudo intel_reg_dumper". It may ask you to install something in order for the command to work so do it if it says that. Then once the command works, you will get a whole lot of information. You must look for this line:

PCH_LVDS: 0x80308302 (enabled, pipe A, 18 bit, 1 channel)

The most important thing is to have this line say "Enabled". If it says that, then your LCD is using the LVDS connection and supports QE/CI. If it says "Disabled", its using eDP.

Well looks like 10.8.4 framebuffer for now is the last one,the patch is going to work on.Has file size issues on 10.8.5 as well.

I wouldn't count on the 10.8.4 buffer on mavericks however because once in a blue moon my graphics dies.Lets for now hope this is just an issue with this being a beta OS.or this issue is just for me only.

Pic below

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-06-24 at 9.51.34 AM.png

The 10.9 framebuffer has some resemblance to the 10.8 framebuffer however with some differences in codes. These values must be patched manually for now. Currently I'm not using Mavericks until final release since there are still bugs so anything can happen.

Confirmed! i have a PCH_LVDS: 0x80308302 (enabled, pipe A, 18 bit, 1 channel) line in the ubuntu terminal when i type sudo intel_reg_dumper.

But the problem is. my monitor goes white when im using the QE/Ci kext.

i can access it using vnc but i still cant see a transparent bar at the top.

Note: the CI Only kext is working for me.

Help pls. ^^

Confirmed! i have a PCH_LVDS: 0x80308302 (enabled, pipe A, 18 bit, 1 channel) line in the ubuntu terminal when i type sudo intel_reg_dumper.

But the problem is. my monitor goes white when im using the QE/Ci kext.

i can access it using vnc but i still cant see a transparent bar at the top.

Note: the CI Only kext is working for me.

Help pls. ^^

I also had this problem. Open the kexts and set all options to zero's. (Changing Standby=1 to Standby=0 worked for me)

I also had this problem. Open the kexts and set all options to zero's. (Changing Standby=1 to Standby=0 worked for me)

Edit: Do you mean that i will edit the info.plist in the AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB/Contents/info.plist?

Stock at "[iOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed "  Help please.

Using an Arrandale chip (HP-Compaq CQ43-111TU, Intel Pentium P6200) LVDS single-link (verified with Linux)

Tried all the Link Widths, LVDS and LVDS+VGA framebuffers.

Still no dice for all of them. On LW1, the screen has the right vertical res, but the horizontal is totally squashed.

On LW2-4, the entire screen is scrambled. However, I can see that the menubar is transparent (QE+CI is enabled)

Right now, I'm on the CI-only kexts. Can anyone help me enable QE?

is there a way to enable my qe/ci? any suggestion?  i hope someone helps me with my situation. Thanks!

Again, read all of the instructions in the guide. Make sure you have 10.8.4, make sure your using your monitor's native resolution, choose the correct framebuffer and width, try out the alternative and alternative 2 frame buffers, get rid of natit kext if your using it.

Using an Arrandale chip (HP-Compaq CQ43-111TU, Intel Pentium P6200) LVDS single-link (verified with Linux)

Tried all the Link Widths, LVDS and LVDS+VGA framebuffers.

Still no dice for all of them. On LW1, the screen has the right vertical res, but the horizontal is totally squashed.

On LW2-4, the entire screen is scrambled. However, I can see that the menubar is transparent (QE+CI is enabled)

Right now, I'm on the CI-only kexts. Can anyone help me enable QE?

Are you sure your setting up the correct native resolution?

Interesting. Is the bottom half of the screen black?

Nope.

On Link Width 1, the screen's squashed to the left 2/3rds of the screen and has a "cracked" pattern on it, and the right 1/3rd is horizontally-stretched.

LW2-4 have interleaved horizontal stripes, with some of the Safe Mode console text (if booting with -v) or BootX (without -v) at the bottom ~50px.

Tried all the kext(singlelink) normal, alternative 1 and 2(LW1) and im still getting the same result(White Screen).

i can access it using VNC but still dont have a transparent bar.

Help Please! 

post-1181882-0-90142400-1372249979_thumb.png

post-1181882-0-79608900-1372253165_thumb.png

post-1181882-0-56427500-1372253201_thumb.png

Nope.

On Link Width 1, the screen's squashed to the left 2/3rds of the screen and has a "cracked" pattern on it, and the right 1/3rd is horizontally-stretched.

LW2-4 have interleaved horizontal stripes, with some of the Safe Mode console text (if booting with -v) or BootX (without -v) at the bottom ~50px.

Maybe try Chameleon Bootloader instead of Clover. I get a scrambled screen if I use Clover. Again try all of the framebuffers including LW1-4. Make sure you are running 10.8.4. Make sure you install the resolution module for Chameleon. This is really the only thing left to try out. Again you don't have an Intel Core i processor so that could be the problem too.

Tried all the kext(singlelink) normal, alternative 1 and 2(LW1) and im still getting the same result(White Screen).

i can access it using VNC but still dont have a transparent bar.

Help Please! 

If you are using Clover, switch to Chameleon and try out all framebuffers again. Try out all LW1-4 as well.

Thank you for your efforts.

But for those of us who have something like PCH_LVDS: 0x40000000 (disabled, pipe B, 18 bit, 1 channel),

is there hope of QE/CI?

Thank you again for your hard work.

CI only for now.

I have PCH_LVDS: 0x80308302 (enabled, pipe A, 18 bit, 1 channel) but i still cant get qe/ci i tried all of the kext but still getting a white/gray screen. i dont know whats the problem. -_-

CI only for now.

I have PCH_LVDS: 0x80308302 (enabled, pipe A, 18 bit, 1 channel) but i still cant get qe/ci i tried all of the kext but still getting a white/gray screen. i dont know whats the problem. -_-

Could you try my patched Intel kexts? 

I have done some changes to the Info.plist. http://www.mediafire.com/download/vu9ovqix1booa9x/IntelHD.zip

See this for more info.

Hi, i installed Mavericks and i'm trying the 10.8.4 kexts (in ML 10.8.4 works well). The system boot but it's slow, i tried to open dvd player and i see initialization error (can't find a valid video device for video playback). It's normal because the kexts are for 10.8.4 or there is any solutions? Thanks

Could you try my patched Intel kexts? 

I have done some changes to the Info.plist. http://www.mediafire.com/download/vu9ovqix1booa9x/IntelHD.zip

See this for more info.

Thanks! but still not working. i still get a white/gray screen. -_-

i tried to get my Display Edid using linux but there is a error. also tried getting the Edid using DOS but also failed.

ioreg and my dsdt attached!

ioreg.txt

dsdt.txt

I'm so glad to tell you that the QE/CI works on my Mavericks(10.9) with the Framebuffer in 10.8.4 and the other AppleIntelHDGraphics*.kext in 10.9!I'm so excited!!

I think maybe we don't need to patch the new FB in 10.9

Sorry but you say that in Mavericks i replace only Framebuffer of the package 10.8.4 in the first page, and leave other AppleIntelHD of 10.9? If yes anyone can upload the original AppleIntelHDGraphics of 10.9? I delete this 

This is awesome. I would like to make a note that you should update to the latest Chameleon before trying this. I tried about 10 AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext files, with very limited success. At some point, even my vnc was distorted with lines all over the place. But, after updating chameleon, selecting the 6,1 Macbook Pro SMBIOS, and removing Natit.kext, I've got native resolution (with QE/CI i think :)) on my Acer Aspire 5752, running 10.8.4

Just for reference: 

I installed ML with myHack, updated to 10.8.4, removed the AppleIntelHDGraphics* kexts from single user (after the update it wouldn't show desktop anymore), updated Chameleon with Chameleon Wizard (4.2.2 i think), installing Chameleon v2.2svn r2251

then I followed this guide

i think i dont have a solution to get qe/ci. i tried all process to get my EDID but it seems that my sony vaio internal display wont giving me any Edid info. i tried linux and windows app but it cant detect my monitor. 

get-edid | parse-edid

jan@jan-VPCEA43EG:~$ sudo get-edid | parse-edid
[sudo] password for jan: parse-edid: parse-edid version 2.0.0

get-edid: get-edid version 2.0.0

Performing real mode VBE call
	Interrupt 0x10 ax=0x4f00 bx=0x0 cx=0x0
	Function supported
	Call successful

VBE version 300
	VBE string at 0x11100 "Intel(R)Ironlake Mobile Graphics Chipset Accelerated VGA BIOS"

VBE/DDC service about to be called
	Report DDC capabilities

Interrupt 0x10 ax=0x4f15 bx=0x0 cx=0x0
	Function supported
	Call successful

Monitor and video card combination does not support DDC1 transfers
	Monitor and video card combination does not support DDC2 transfers
	0 seconds per 128 byte EDID block transfer
	Screen is not blanked during DDC transfer

Reading next EDID block

VBE/DDC service about to be called
	Read EDID

Interrupt 0x10 ax=0x4f15 bx=0x1 cx=0x0
	Function supported
	Call failed

The EDID data should not be trusted as the VBE call failed
Error: output block unchanged
parse-edid: IO error reading EDID
jan@jan-VPCEA43EG:~$ 

edid-rw

jan@jan-VPCEA43EG:~$ sudo ./edid-rw 0 | edid-decode
[sudo] password for jan: 
sudo: ./edid-rw: command not found
Extracted contents:
header:          00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
serial number:   00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
version:         00 00
basic params:    00 00 00 00 00
chroma info:     00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
established:     00 00 00
standard:        00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
descriptor 1:    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
descriptor 2:    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
descriptor 3:    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
descriptor 4:    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
extensions:      00
checksum:        00

No header found
Manufacturer: @@@ Model 0 Serial Number 0
EDID version: 0.0
Analog display, Input voltage level: 0.7/0.3 V
Sync: 
Image size is variable
Gamma: 1.00
Monochrome or grayscale display
Established timings supported:
Standard timings supported:
non-conformant standard timing (0 horiz)
Manufacturer-specified data, tag 0
Checksum: 0x0
EDID block does not conform at all!
	Bad year of manufacture
	Manufacturer name field contains garbage
jan@jan-VPCEA43EG:~$ 

any solution?