[GUIDE] 1st Generation Intel HD Graphics QE/CI

GhostRaider

2,093 posts in this topic

I don't understand, but it's possibile to have qe/ci working in 10.9? In 10.8.4 i have no problems but in mavericks i have ci working but no qe. I tried to patch framebuffer with the new app, replace with the 10.8.4 framebuffer , but dont'work

I don't understand, but it's possibile to have qe/ci working in 10.9? In 10.8.4 i have no problems but in mavericks i have ci working but no qe. I tried to patch framebuffer with the new app, replace with the 10.8.4 framebuffer , but dont'work

I found all the hex edits.

Download the document. The first hex line is the line you have to find and the second one is the line you have to replace.

The string: B9 00 00 00 09 C7 85 60 FF FF doesn't exist in 10.9 FB. There are other similar ones. I don't know if it's important or not.

I don't have Mavericks installed, so I can't try this out.  But here's what my take is.  Have any of you read this thread?  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289890-mavericks-to-be-locked-down-in-the-future/

This is already present in both DPs, but it's through AppleKextExcludeList.kext, which contains the exception and the exclude list.  The things I find humorous is that it contains several Hackintosh-only kexts in the exception list, including FakeSMC.kext!!   :hysterical:

Anyways, my theory is that the hex values, when patched, causes Apple's signature in the framebuffer to be deemed invalid, and therefore won't load.  Yet, with all of the other kexts still loading, it will enable CI only, and unless you have the resolution module installed, you'll be stuck without resolution.  The framebuffer fixes both resolution and QE.  Therefore, try not only patching the framebuffer with giofrida's hex edits, but also add AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext to the exception list.  Make sure it's not in the exclude list, or it won't load, patch or no patch.  If it is included in the exception list, it will allow a modified framebuffer to load without a valid signature, and you will finally get full support (resolution and QE/CI)!  If anyone has Mavericks and wishes to try this out, please let me know if this works out for you!!

I don't have Mavericks installed, so I can't try this out.  But here's what my take is.  Have any of you read this thread?  http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/289890-mavericks-to-be-locked-down-in-the-future/

This is already present in both DPs, but it's through AppleKextExcludeList.kext, which contains the exception and the exclude list.  The things I find humorous is that it contains several Hackintosh-only kexts in the exception list, including FakeSMC.kext!!   :hysterical:

Anyways, my theory is that the hex values, when patched, causes Apple's signature in the framebuffer to be deemed invalid, and therefore won't load.  Yet, with all of the other kexts still loading, it will enable CI only, and unless you have the resolution module installed, you'll be stuck without resolution.  The framebuffer fixes both resolution and QE.  Therefore, try not only patching the framebuffer with giofrida's hex edits, but also add AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB.kext to the exception list.  Make sure it's not in the exclude list, or it won't load, patch or no patch.  If it is included in the exception list, it will allow a modified framebuffer to load without a valid signature, and you will finally get full support (resolution and QE/CI)!  If anyone has Mavericks and wishes to try this out, please let me know if this works out for you!!

You're probably right. When I tried Mavericks DP1 at boot I got some issues loading the other Intel HD kexts using a modified FB. Thanks for the infos.

Oh  yes it's true, the kext is not load, now i'm in mavericks. But in the AppleKextExcludeList.kext, what i must add? AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB dont'have a info.plist, so i don't know what i write in "key" and "strings". If anyone help me, i try

Oh  yes it's true, the kext is not load, now i'm in mavericks. But in the AppleKextExcludeList.kext, what i must add? AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB dont'have a info.plist, so i don't know what i write in "key" and "strings". If anyone help me, i try

Some stuff has changed in 10.9 frame-buffer for now i don't think it's exclude list thingy i may be wrong.I started patching using a different method and it loaded the patched one,not fully working i may add,tends to reboot.

If it had to do with the exclude list stuff i doubt the patched framebuffer from 10.8 would load unless the kext itself have self check mechanism.

Ok i tried to patch 10.9 framebuffer, add com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB in AppleKextExcludeList.kext, but don't boot (even with -f -x) and i get this attach image. Then i tried 10.8.4 framebuffer (SingleLink-Normal-LCD-LCDLW1) and seems that load, mavericks boot but the graphics is very very flicker and distorted.

post-776438-13727712283806_thumb.jpg

Ok i tried to patch 10.9 framebuffer, add com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB in AppleKextExcludeList.kext, but don't boot (even with -f -x) and i get this attach image. Then i tried 10.8.4 framebuffer (SingleLink-Normal-LCD-LCDLW1) and seems that load, mavericks boot but the graphics is very very flicker and distorted.

So, the 10.8.4 framebuffer works within Mountain Lion, but not on Mavericks?  From my experience, using Snow Leopard kexts on Mountain Lion causes distortions, and my guess is that it would do the same thing using Mountain Lion kexts on Mavericks.  Stick with the Mavericks kexts.

And, as far as getting that to work, let me ask you this: Did you inject OS-Info on Mountain Lion, either through DSDT or Natit? That would then need to be carried over to Mavericks.   For me, without OS-Info injection, you'd be stuck on the gray Apple screen, or in the case of verbose booting, a screen like that.  If you didn't do that, try installing Natit on Mavericks.  I'm not 100% certain, but I think Natit should already be included in the exception list.  Double check that after installing Natit.  I recommend seeing if Natit will fix the problem before trying to get rid of it through DSDT injection.  This will save you energy and time should injecting OS-Info not solve the problem.

Don't understand why you get distortion.try to patch this its 10.8.5 buffer

Use giofrida's patcher

So, the 10.8.4 framebuffer works within Mountain Lion, but not on Mavericks?  From my experience, using Snow Leopard kexts on Mountain Lion causes distortions, and my guess is that it would do the same thing using Mountain Lion kexts on Mavericks.  Stick with the Mavericks kexts.

And, as far as getting that to work, let me ask you this: Did you inject OS-Info on Mountain Lion, either through DSDT or Natit? That would then need to be carried over to Mavericks.   For me, without OS-Info injection, you'd be stuck on the gray Apple screen, or in the case of verbose booting, a screen like that.  If you didn't do that, try installing Natit on Mavericks.  I'm not 100% certain, but I think Natit should already be included in the exception list.  Double check that after installing Natit.  I recommend seeing if Natit will fix the problem before trying to get rid of it through DSDT injection.  This will save you energy and time should injecting OS-Info not solve the problem.

Yes 10.8.4 buffer works.. distortions occur after maybe a day but a restart fixes it...with 10.8.5 buffer no artifacts yet.

And yes With the use of Natit.

You're probably right. When I tried Mavericks DP1 at boot I got some issues loading the other Intel HD kexts using a modified FB. Thanks for the infos.

Picture below this offset causes a restart or not on mavericks

Maybe it mean something to you

Investigating it will keep you informed.

AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB10.8.5.kext.zip

Offset.tiff

Don't understand why you get distortion.try to patch this its 10.8.5 buffer

Use giofrida's patcher

Yes 10.8.4 buffer works.. distortions occur after maybe a day but a restart fixes it...with 10.8.5 buffer no artifacts yet.

And yes With the use of Natit.

Picture below this offset causes a restart or not on mavericks

Maybe it mean something to you

Investigating it will keep you informed.

Hi. That offset should be the fix for "quad screens". If you can: try changing 00100000C785 to 00090000C785 instead of 00000008C785 (which is the current patch) and tell me what you get. Also, can you tell me what do you get with the original offset (00100000C785)?

YEEEEEES, guys i tried different things:
- with 10.9 framebuffer not patching, Natit.kext, com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB in exception list, boot but i have distortions

- with 10.9 framebuffer patching, Natit.kext, com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB in exception list, not boot (even in safe mode)

- with 10.8.5 framebuffer patching, Natit.kext, com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB in exception list, boot and i have QE/CI working 

Maybe Intel HD Graphics Patcher still not working very well for 10.9 framebuffer

YEEEEEES, guys i tried different things:

- with 10.9 framebuffer not patching, Natit.kext, com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB in exception list, boot but i have distortions

- with 10.9 framebuffer patching, Natit.kext, com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB in exception list, not boot (even in safe mode)

- with 10.8.5 framebuffer patching, Natit.kext, com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphicsFB in exception list, boot and i have QE/CI working 

Maybe Intel HD Graphics Patcher still not working very well for 10.9 framebuffer

What is you config?

Use Giofrida's patch 10.8 selection on 10.9 kexts...  report.

Oh my bad, i will send 2 10.9 kets for you to try single link width 1

Hi. That offset should be the fix for "quad screens". If you can: try changing 00100000C785 to 00090000C785 instead of 00000008C785 (which is the current patch) and tell me what you get. Also, can you tell me what do you get with the original offset (00100000C785)?

00100000C785 & 00090000C785 = blackscreen no reboot

00000008C785 = reboot

Framebuffers.zip

What is you config?

Use Giofrida's patch 10.8 selection on 10.9 kexts... report.

Oh my bad, i will send 2 10.9 kets for you to try single link width 1

Ok with 10.8 selection on 10.9 kexts not boot and i have black screen. The 2 kexts that you send me are patched already or i must patch with giofrida'patch?

Thanks to this tutorial!

Can someone tell how to get the BAR0 needed to make my backlight/brightness work.

i dont have a windows installed. please someone tell me how to get BAR0/BAR1 using LSPCI

post-1181882-0-00761500-1372845001_thumb.png

Ok with 10.8 selection on 10.9 kexts not boot and i have black screen. The 2 kexts that you send me are patched already or i must patch with giofrida'patch?

Patched already

You mentioned earlier with default FB you have distortions,by any means can you post a screen shot pleasE? thanks.

Hi, thanks for the excellent guide.  

i have an hp 8440p

intel i560m

4gb

osx 10.7.3

intel hd graphics 0x0046

lvds connection

i have yet to parse the edit from win/nix, but before i begin, I'm wondering if the kext's linked on the first page are available for 10.7.3?

i've attempted mountain lion install via [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and myhack, but cant boot past SMC PluginPlatform into the graphical install environment.  I've tried many boot flags, but it seems that i may need to stick with lion.

i don't mind running SL if it helps with 1st ten QE compatibility, but based on my research thus far, it seems that SL 1st gen intel hd support is buggy in SL.

thanks for the advice and the work you've all put into this.

also, I've been using MBP 6,1 in SMBios

has anyone else had problems booting the ML installer with 1st ten intel hd?   

i get to SMC PluginPlatform and then the screen turns teal and different colored before hanging at a black backlit screen.

but if theres any way to get QE in 10.7.3, I'm running it and its doing great aside from the lack of gfx support for QE and my native 1600x900 res

thanks,  

billy

im browsing on the machine as i type.

Patched already

You mentioned earlier with default FB you have distortions,by any means can you post a screen shot pleasE? thanks.

Sure, i see this, also with your 2 framebuffer

post-776438-13728774590325_thumb.jpg

i got that screen when i forgot to install the FB on 10.8.3. Maybe 10.9 isnt booting (or reading) that kext.                                                                              

Could be that you might have to dig deeper onto the difference between 10.8.X (1,2,3,4,beta5)

Post Your Results using the FB from the lates beta build of 10.8.5

Sorry did you try patching the 10.9 FB           ----------------------------------------          Did you add the FB to the exception list? ------------------------------------------------------------        That might be why its not booting try adding to exception list

Hi, thanks for the excellent guide.  

i have an hp 8440p

intel i560m

4gb

osx 10.7.3

intel hd graphics 0x0046

lvds connection

i have yet to parse the edit from win/nix, but before i begin, I'm wondering if the kext's linked on the first page are available for 10.7.3?

i've attempted mountain lion install via ##### and myhack, but cant boot past SMC PluginPlatform into the graphical install environment.  I've tried many boot flags, but it seems that i may need to stick with lion.

i don't mind running SL if it helps with 1st ten QE compatibility, but based on my research thus far, it seems that SL 1st gen intel hd support is buggy in SL.

thanks for the advice and the work you've all put into this.

also, I've been using MBP 6,1 in SMBios

has anyone else had problems booting the ML installer with 1st ten intel hd?   

i get to SMC PluginPlatform and then the screen turns teal and different colored before hanging at a black backlit screen.

but if theres any way to get QE in 10.7.3, I'm running it and its doing great aside from the lack of gfx support for QE and my native 1600x900 res

thanks,  

billy

im browsing on the machine as i type.

I doubt the Kexts availble here will help you. Your Running 10.7.X (meant for 10.8.X) Try using the patcher availible to patch the FB on 10.7.X. IF it dousent work you may just have to update your os

EDIT>>>>>> Try using the default Intel FB With >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>NATIT<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<    POST YOUR ReSULTS

EDIT 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I tried using the default kexts on 10.8.3 (the ones that get installled) (not modified) Then i (using macdrive) placed NATIT.KEXT in S/L/E.

I booted and got full QE/CI. OMG

i got that screen when i forgot to install the FB on 10.8.3. Maybe 10.9 isnt booting (or reading) that kext.                                                                              

Could be that you might have to dig deeper onto the difference between 10.8.X (1,2,3,4,beta5)

Post Your Results using the FB from the lates beta build of 10.8.5

Sorry did you try patching the 10.9 FB           ----------------------------------------          Did you add the FB to the exception list? ------------------------------------------------------------        That might be why its not booting try adding to exception list

Well, I patched 10.9 FB and i included in exception list, but i get the distortions. With 10.8.5 FB patching QE work 

Ok.

In 10.8.X you get Bad screen when you have all Graphic kexts minus unpatched frame-buffer.

In 10.9 we get healthy display with all kexts minus unpatched frame-buffer

No solid evidence to back my claim but it looks like.. a function of hd kexts may have been carried out to frame-buffer or vice versa.

Either way we maybe have another value to patch.

I remember there was a forum where a guy got to work around this distortion on 10.8.x will see if it bears fruit.

Well, I patched 10.9 FB and i included in exception list, but i get the distortions. With 10.8.5 FB patching QE 

Forget that exception list for now.Won't do any good without a good FB

Forget that exception list for now.Won't do any good without a good FB

Oh sure, useless if FB isn't good. But for now 10.8.5 FB work well, i have QE/CI.

Wait for a 10.9 FB working patch, because maybe will work better than 10.8.5 FB

Has anyone "Computer sleep" working? I have "Display sleep" working, I can put it in hibernation but when I turn it back on it freezes. The login window is visible and the mouse pointer moves but clicking cancel or typing doesn't do anything. My log file shows the following:

2013-04-08 8:14:25.000 PM kernel[0]: sleep
2013-04-08 8:14:25.000 PM kernel[0]: Wake reason = PWRB
2013-04-08 8:14:25.000 PM kernel[0]: No interval found for . Using 8000000
2013-04-08 8:14:25.000 PM kernel[0]: Previous Sleep Cause: 5
2013-04-08 8:14:25.000 PM kernel[0]: The USB device HubDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1a000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)
2013-04-08 8:14:25.028 PM loginwindow[41]: ERROR | -[LWScreenLock(Private) screenIsLockedTimeExpired:] | No lock state found, use built in check
2013-04-08 8:14:25.000 PM kernel[0]: [0xffffff8008be1000](0)/(5) Device not responding
2013-04-08 8:14:25.000 PM kernel[0]: IONetworkController::enable
2013-04-08 8:14:26.438 PM WindowServer[84]: handle_will_sleep_auth_and_shield_windows: no lock state data
2013-04-08 8:14:28.062 PM configd[18]: network changed: v4(en1-:192.168.1.73) DNS- Proxy- SMB
2013-04-08 8:14:28.000 PM kernel[0]: USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 20090516388200000 0xbda 0x138 0x3882
2013-04-08 8:14:31.000 PM kernel[0]: stampWait: Overflowed checking for stamp 0x8c27 on MAIN ring: called from
2013-04-08 8:14:31.000 PM kernel[0]: timestamp = 0x8c26
2013-04-08 8:14:31.000 PM kernel[0]: ****  Debug info for apparent hang in MAIN graphics engine  ****
2013-04-08 8:14:31.000 PM kernel[0]: ring head    = 0x000000a0, wrap count = 0x 0
2013-04-08 8:14:31.000 PM kernel[0]: ring tail    = 0x00000a38 ring control = 0x00003001   enabled, auto report disabled, not waiting, semaphore not waiting, length = 0x004 4KB pages
It seems a problem with the graphics engine. Is anyone else experiencing this? Does anyone have wake from sleep working?

Hello, this post and all sources are an amazing job, thanks for sharing.

I have Acer Aspire 5742 (Intel Core i3, integrated grapfics) and I'm having the same issue, after wake up the graphics are frozen and logs are similarly.

kernel[0]: [0xffffff8008be1000](0)/(5) Device not responding
kernel[0]: Graphics suppressed time 1789 ms

Does anyone have any idea about the cause?

Thank you all, greetings.

Hi folks, Thank you, GhostRaider, great job. I need your opinions guys, if these results are fine?

Captura de pantalla 2013-07-05 a la(s) 20.34.06.png

Because in OpenGL Extensions Viewer 4.0 I got very bad FPS in Iron Fist Boxing King test, as mentioned for some people here:

Captura de pantalla 2013-07-05 a la(s) 20.43.17.png

Core i3 380M 4GB ram (10.8.4).

IF we

Hi folks, Thank you, GhostRaider, great job. I need your opinions guys, if these results are fine?

attachicon.gifCaptura de pantalla 2013-07-05 a la(s) 20.34.06.png

Because in OpenGL Extensions Viewer 4.0 I got very bad FPS in Iron Fist Boxing King test, as mentioned for some people here:

attachicon.gifCaptura de pantalla 2013-07-05 a la(s) 20.43.17.png

Core i3 380M 4GB ram (10.8.4).

If we comapre your results to your CPU (First gen, in the 100s, M) And Ram, And Since it is a laptop i would say these results are acceptable as long as your not using the mac to do some editing or such

I have the same CPU and i am getting simaler results on 10.8.3.