OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, elviejo said:

No, is not the Defaults.plist, it is something else, you remember this happened with the beta5 and later the problem got away after beta6? must be something like the aptiofix in the Oz rom because booting with a usb with clover it boots ok only that I don't want to use Clover. I was trying to see if you used something else in the Efi/Oz folder. Thanks anyway, lets keep investigating, keep you posted.:(

Are you not using the XMAX rom?

No, is not the Defaults.plist, it is something else, you remember this happened with the beta5 and later the problem got away after beta6? must be something like the aptiofix in the Oz rom because booting with a usb with clover it boots ok only that I don't want to use Clover. I was trying to see if you used something else in the Efi/Oz folder. Thanks anyway, lets keep investigating, keep you posted.

I have. 2 liitle ACPI modules, one for Ivy Bridge PM, the other one for implementing the EC object for USB

9 hours ago, elviejo said:

This is the EFI I'm using.

Efi.zip

KernextPatcher.efi is built into the XMAX firmware...you shouldn't need it in EFI.

Do a 'bcfg driver dump" and check that no driver has been added (or you can clear nvram that will wipe the driver list)

On 12/6/2018 at 2:01 PM, guido13456 said:

Je comprends passsi lol

je suis avec le même motherboard que vous le quo et j utilisé seulement la carte d écrans du motherboard aussi 

mon cpu i7 

Ca a pris 10 jours juste pour savoir que tu as pas de carte graphique dédiée et un i7 et tu comprends pas pourquoi on demande un build signature ?

Je suis pas devin, je suis prêt à t'aider mais faut que tu m'aides à t'aider. Je vais pas chauffer le lait et tenir le biberon

Edited by IronManJFF

Hi guys.

Used to use Ozmosis with my old Gigabyte GA Z77X UD5 Th and my GA Z87X UD5 some years ago. The Gigabyte bios was easy to mod because when you extracted the bios every modules was specified. Now with my Asus bios the modules has no text in FileName only the GUID-values and I really don't know which modules I should swap (filesystem?) respectively compress (COREDXE?) to give more space. Is there anybody how could help me with modding my attached bios?

Is it Right that I have 646 kb free space in my bios? How much space do I need for the XMAS Ozmosis? 

Any help appreciated.

WSCSE.txt

WSCSE.CAP.zip

hello,

I have no luck,

I updated the BIOS with JFF's BIOS

I have also copied the defaults.plist JFF posted here.

Computer boots, but current Mac OSX (El Capitan) does not finishes up (stalls at the end of the "white progress line")

That was expected as probably the new BIOS is not working with older OSs

I have took a blank SSD, formated and install MOJAVE on it.

The SSD boots and works on a Apple Macbook, but when I plug the SSD on my QUO motherboard.. it's simply not recognized, is not appearing on the boot options of the BIOS set up.

This is how I did all the previous upgrades,.. but this time is not working

What I did wrong?

Thanks to all!

Edited by jjrecort

6 hours ago, jjrecort said:

hello,

I have no luck,

I updated the BIOS with JFF's BIOS

I have also copied the defaults.plist JFF posted here.

Computer boots, but current Mac OSX (El Capitan) does not finishes up (stalls at the end of the "white progress line")

That was expected as probably the new BIOS is not working with older OSs

I have took a blank SSD, formated and install MOJAVE on it.

The SSD boots and works on a Apple Macbook, but when I plug the SSD on my QUO motherboard.. it's simply not recognized, is not appearing on the boot options of the BIOS set up.

This is how I did all the previous upgrades,.. but this time is not working

What I did wrong?

Thanks to all!

Go back to page 149 and follow the IronManJFF instructions to add mojave to the boot entries.

15 hours ago, elviejo said:

Go back to page 149 and follow the IronManJFF instructions to add mojave to the boot entries.

Thanks, 

I tried but still in the same place.

I was actually doing it manually by typing System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi directly on the fs with Mohave

Doing it both ways, I have the same result

Booting with El Capitan SSD, it gets stuck at some point and does not start up

Booting with Mohave SSD, it simply goes to black screen and nothing happens.

I have tried to reflash the BIOS with the BIOS posted on page 149, just in case it was different of the one I downloaded from a later post (where JFF was saying he didn't know if it was working with previous OSs) but is happening exactly the same.

Do I need to install the Defaults.plist on the Mohave boot drive also?

Thanks!

Edited by jjrecort

Hey Guys !

Could someone send me a zip file with all the osmosis files ? For stability reasons I need to MMTool an old bios and inject the Ozmosis Mojave files in it, H20 doesn't work properly for me, with my RAID card. Thx for the help.

And also you guys, do you have airplay mirroring working ? if so how did you do ? what is your bios config, version, and gpu  ?

Edited by alberto21
Question

21 hours ago, jjrecort said:

Do I need to install the Defaults.plist on the Mohave boot drive also?

Quoting myself,

I did copy the defaults.plist on the SSD where I want to boot Mohave with, and it's doing the same: not booting.

But this brings me a new question,

Does the drive need to be formatted HFS+ or the new APFS?

I'm asking because to copy the defaults.plist, I have mounted the SSD on my second QUO computer, and the main APFS partition was not mounting... so El Capitan (or the hardware) is not recognising the APFS file format.

With Ozmosis I was able to mount the EFI and copy the defaults.plist, but not to mount the APFS partition (actually neither Ozmosis was seeing the partition)

How should I format the SSD in order to booth Movahe on the QUO?

Thanks!

Edited by jjrecort

Quoting myself,

I did copy the defaults.plist on the SSD where I want to boot Mohave with, and it's doing the same: not booting.

But this brings me a new question,

Does the drive need to be formatted HFS+ or the new APFS?

I'm asking because to copy the defaults.plist, I have mounted the SSD on my second QUO computer, and the main APFS partition was not mounting... so El Capitan (or the hardware) is not recognising the APFS file format.

With Ozmosis I was able to mount the EFI and copy the defaults.plist, but not to mount the APFS partition (actually neither Ozmosis was seeing the partition)

How should I format the SSD in order to booth Movahe on the QUO?

Thanks!

El Capitan does not know how to mount a APFS drive.

The firmware will create the EFI structure on the drive closest to it. There is no relation between the drive you want to boot from and the EFI folder. It will look for a drive in SATA0,0 .. if no drive is connected it move to SATA0,1 , then SATA1,0,SATA1,1...SATA1,6... that is why I recommend that you always plug your 'main' drive to SATA0,0 to make it predictable (it will always be fs0 in UEFI shell). Suppose you have a drive copnnected to SATA0,0 with no defaults.plist and a drive connected to SATA0,1 with Defaults.plist .... then you don't have a Defaults.plist because the firmware will stop looking at SATA0,0 (if you move the drive remember to clear nvram because if Oz did not find a Defaults.plist, it will take the one that is built into the firmware)

Hope that explains it better. You can copy your Defaults.plist from a usb drive using only the UEFI shell.

You are supposed to copy and adapt (serials.. graphics and audio if required) the Defaults.plist I provided...not simply copy.

On 12/17/2018 at 1:04 PM, IronManJFF said:

El Capitan does not know how to mount a APFS drive.

The firmware will create the EFI structure on the drive closest to it. There is no relation between the drive you want to boot from and the EFI folder. It will look for a drive in SATA0,0 .. if no drive is connected it move to SATA0,1 , then SATA1,0,SATA1,1...SATA1,6... that is why I recommend that you always plug your 'main' drive to SATA0,0 to make it predictable (it will always be fs0 in UEFI shell). Suppose you have a drive copnnected to SATA0,0 with no defaults.plist and a drive connected to SATA0,1 with Defaults.plist .... then you don't have a Defaults.plist because the firmware will stop looking at SATA0,0 (if you move the drive remember to clear nvram because if Oz did not find a Defaults.plist, it will take the one that is built into the firmware)

Hope that explains it better. You can copy your Defaults.plist from a usb drive using only the UEFI shell.

You are supposed to copy and adapt (serials.. graphics and audio if required) the Defaults.plist I provided...not simply copy.

ok, I remind you told me that in the past.

To keep things clean, I have only the SSD with Mohave, and I have checked the EFI partition is on fs0

For the Defaults, yes I copied your file and put the Serial number, nothing else, as I'm running with the bare motherboard, no any other hardware for now.

Should I set something else???

Thanks!

You should do what I told you to do instead of getting creative.

I never told you to remove any drives or hardware.

SInce you removed the GPU .. if your Defaults.plist has nvda_drv=1 or if the variable is set in nvram it will fail for sure.

Logic would now dictate that you get back to a known working state ... and then redo from that point forward.

3 hours ago, IronManJFF said:

You should do what I told you to do instead of getting creative.

I never told you to remove any drives or hardware.

SInce you removed the GPU .. if your Defaults.plist has nvda_drv=1 or if the variable is set in nvram it will fail for sure.

Logic would now dictate that you get back to a known working state ... and then redo from that point forward.

Ok, but this computer never had an extra GPU. Always has been running with the build in Intel graphics.

I have two QUO motherboards, the one that I'm currently using, (with a GeForce GTX 750 Ti) and a spare one, this spare, never had any GPU installed.

I'm "playing" with the spare motherboard and making sure all is fine before jumping to update my regular QUO.

I have read the defaults.plist and there is no nvda_drv=1 on it,

The only reference to nvidia is:

<key>DisableNvidiaInjection</key>
        <true/>

Going back to a working state is very easy

Reflash BIOS with Z77MXQUOAOS.H2O.167X-MASS.ROM,

Plug the SSD with El Capitan, and I'm up an running again.

What will be the steps then?

Thanks a lot!

On 12/16/2018 at 2:04 AM, alberto21 said:

Hey Guys !

Could someone send me a zip file with all the osmosis files ? For stability reasons I need to MMTool an old bios and inject the Ozmosis Mojave files in it, H20 doesn't work properly for me, with my RAID card. Thx for the help.

And also you guys, do you have airplay mirroring working ? if so how did you do ? what is your bios config, version, and gpu  ?

Quoting Myself. Here is a custom made ROM made from H3C: It allows to install Mojave from scratch with the ability for the boot menu to populate it self automatically. For old install just boot with a mojave install usb key, go in apple menu - startup drive - click the drive you used to boot from. It will populate the boot menu. It does survive to nvram resets.

Alternatively, you can boot as well from the shell menu. just type the line from page 149 for boot.efi, after boot. select boot drive from pref panel. Enjoy.

Still interested in feedback for airplay mirroring.

thx.

Z77MXQUOAOS.H3C.167X-RE-XMAX.ROM