OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Kynyo said:

Did iMac 14,2 got any Bios date/firmware update since 8/2/2018? I can't find anything new over CC.

Yes there was ...You have to adjust Defaults.plist with

<key>BiosDate</key>
		<string>04/09/2018</string>
		<key>BiosVersion</key>
		<string>IM142.88Z.0130.B00.1804091831</string>

Edited by IronManJFF
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, IronManJFF said:

That file is invalid , it does not even have a serial number...the BIOS date is invalid  

Create your file from this template .. you don't need anything else

I have serial numbers, I just didn't want to post them, so I edited them out.  Copying them into the template you provided and using that one seems to have done the job.  Thanks!

1 minute ago, toastie said:

I have serial numbers, I just didn't want to post them, so I edited them out.  Copying them into the template you provided and using that one seems to have done the job.  Thanks!

You had extra spaces in BIOS date which make it fail firmware validation

Having a look at Mojave DP

-- No Firmware Update for iMac13

-- No SMC update for iMac13

Downloading again because of checksum error on InstallESD.dmg

Created USB Installer ...

-- Cannot get into Installer, getting messages about Architecture not recognized, Unsupported CPU, Unsupported PCH, kexts stalled AppleACPICPU

That is all for today...

Edited by IronManJFF

On 6/15/2018 at 1:55 AM, IronManJFF said:

-- Cannot get into Installer, getting messages about Architecture not recognized, Unsupported CPU, Unsupported PCH, kexts stalled AppleACPICPU

That is all for today...

You know we're going to sit and wait for you to crack it! Just a matter of time...

9 hours ago, ntsmkfob said:

You know we're going to sit and wait for you to crack it! Just a matter of time...

You are giving me to much credit... I am just an stubborn user with some experience with this board. My knowledge of firmware and UEFI is still lacking to be able to do the 'real' work. Just trying to bring the best out of this board and to give back to the community that has given me the little knowledge I have.

Edited by IronManJFF

On 6/15/2018 at 12:55 AM, IronManJFF said:

That is all for today...

I had same thing with Ozmosis on my board, but i waited few minutes even with same errors above and the install screen appeared. Kext injection doesn't work on Mojave yet.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your input ammoune78.

Here is where I am now ...

I waited and waited (thanks to Ammoune78 and HPB .. Mojave thread) and installer finally finished its work (clean install on separate partition).

It rebooted and I am seeing a blank screen (mouse pointer is working) but there is no window or nothing to click  ...maybe because I am using a GTX 970... I am pretty sure i should be at the config screen.

9 minutes ago, ammoune78 said:

Kext injection doesn't work on Mojave yet.

I tried by putting it in EFI (we often forget that OZ lets up put kext in EFI) but still no go

10 hours ago, crusher. said:

@PMHeart Oz does not have support for this driver. 

You may try my modified version of ApfsDriverLoader below with caution (tested only with bcfg or dbounce). Good luck.

BA6ED98D-D133-4F5B-8787-D2464BB21122.ffs.zip

EDIT: The latest official releases are now able to load apfs with Oz, kudos! https://github.com/acidanthera/ApfsSupportPkg/releases

Edited by cecekpawon
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, cecekpawon said:

You may try my modified version of ApfsDriverLoader below with caution (tested only with bcfg or dbounce). Good luck.

BA6ED98D-D133-4F5B-8787-D2464BB21122.ffs.zip

EDIT: The latest official releases are now able to load apfs with Oz, kudos! https://github.com/acidanthera/ApfsSupportPkg/releases

Thanks Cecek, i'll test it out in the coming days.

In the meantime I was able to make some progress.... had to boot in single-user mode to load FakeSMC.kext and change boot-args to disable Nvidia which caused Kernel Panic.

There are limitations right now (like not Nvidia Web drivers)

But the good news so far is Mojave on QUO -> It can be done (Disclaimer : We are still on Dev Beta so ...)

IMG_7283.thumb.jpeg.1d755b51ae45d049b29db6e322bbd694.jpeg

Week-end is over :no:

Edited by IronManJFF

I replaced the APFS module I had in my ROM image with the BA6ED98D-D133-4F5B-8787-D2464BB21122.ffs file, when I reboot the screen flashes green but I am not able to access any APFS file systems (I was able to boot but loading APFS,efi which I still had in  ESP)  .  What am I missing ?

Edited by IronManJFF

I replaced the APFS module I had in my ROM image with the BA6ED98D-D133-4F5B-8787-D2464BB21122.ffs file, when I reboot the screen flashes green but I am not able to access any APFS file systems (I was able to boot but loading APFS,efi which I still had in  ESP)  .  What am I missing ?

Remove the APFS.efi from the ESP, check HermitShellX64.ffs is on the rom, reboot and call boot.efi you should normally boot fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1" flashed green meant ApfsDriverLoader found apfs.efi and load it into buffer succesfully. While red is not / error with empty buffer / cannt found apfs.efi. After flashed green ApfsDriverLoader should load & start the buffer as driver.

The main reason I have added those flashed screen just for debugging purpose & distinguish with official release until they fix it, nothing more.

Is APFS currently listed if you type "drivers" command from Shell, after flashed green?

You may also try (highly recommend) to "replace_body" PE32 section in ffs with latest official ApfsDriverLoader.efi using UEFITool.

ApfsDriverLoader start able to work with Oz after this commit (reconnect driver after load & start apfs.efi).

5 hours ago, cecekpawon said:
You may also try (highly recommend) to "replace_body" PE32 section in ffs with latest official ApfsDriverLoader.efi using UEFITool.

ApfsDriverLoader start able to work with Oz after this commit (reconnect driver after load & start apfs.efi).

Will try that tonite, thanks

APFS was listed as a driver but no APFS volume was mapped.

Edited by IronManJFF

With official release or you tested em all? Almost positive here that i cant help you with those situation. Really have done nothing special here to make it work with standard extfat & hfs+ installed. Just to make sure, apfsloader must be loaded before ozmosis. Try with bcfg first before embedding it into rom ;)

• Like 1