OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

Thanks@Cecekpawon

WARNING: Compatible only with AptioMemoryFix R21+ and loaded PartitionDriver (PartitionDXE)

Mmmm... Surely my QUO firmware image does not contain AptioMemoryFix R21 since it was released only days ago (That is if it contains it at all - not @ home atm so I cannot check it - and if it can be replaced safely with new version - I lack the required knowledge to determine that - Away until Monday )

On 6/21/2018 at 4:17 PM, cecekpawon said:

I believe the developer currently working on it @IronManJFF

Thanks for the work. I get the green screen, but no APFS system loaded, although when I boot from an HFS+ backup on another drive, that mounts the APFS volume. I'm not sure if the QUO board needs the aptio fix. Does the apfsdriverloader depend on it?

On 6/21/2018 at 11:17 PM, IronManJFF said:

Surely my QUO firmware image does not contain AptioMemoryFix R21 since it was released only days ago

2 hours ago, ntsmkfob said:

I'm not sure if the QUO board needs the aptio fix. Does the apfsdriverloader depend on it?

AptioMemoryFix <R21 contain bug that described here, and already fixed on R21 here.

No, ApfsDriverLoader doesnt depend on AptioMemoryFix. Ozmosis already have own / embedded AptioFix (so you cant load AptioMemoryFix with current Ozmosis).

For apfs not being shown in Ozmosis GUI, maybe you are need to manually bless the boot volume / do bcfg from shell.

To test during boot: After ApfsDriverLoader being loaded, type "map" from shell to see apfs volumes being listed or not.

Here another UNOFFICIAL version to try (based on old v1.0.2 using scan gpt) with ConnectController & version check. >> How-to extract module

Also try (strongly advised) another OFFICIAL release here and dev release here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cecekpawon said:

AptioMemoryFix <R21 contain bug that described here, and already fixed on R21 here.

No, ApfsDriverLoader doesnt depend on AptioMemoryFix. Ozmosis already have own / embedded AptioFix (so you cant load AptioMemoryFix with current Ozmosis).

For apfs not being shown in Ozmosis GUI, maybe you are need to manually bless the boot volume / do bcfg from shell.

To test during boot: After ApfsDriverLoader being loaded, type "map" from shell to see apfs volumes being listed or not.

Here another UNOFFICIAL version to try (based on old v1.0.2 using scan gpt) with ConnectController & version check. >> How-to extract module

Also try (strongly advised) another OFFICIAL release here and dev release here.

Excellent result! I used the 1.1.9 release version of apfsdriverloader in my ROM (no apfs.ffs) and did bcfg boot addp for the drive (fs1:), which was now pointing to the apfs volume, whereas before it was pointing to the EFI partition of my hfs+ backup, rebooted, hit F12 to bring up the list and there it was. Logged in and set the startup drive and rebooted and it went straight in. Great to see the apfs output silenced too.

Many thanks to you and the other developer(s).

PS this was with a single apfs volume with HS, not Mojave.

Edited by ntsmkfob

Hi All,

Hi IronManJFF, with the ROM you provide, I can boot to MOJAVE installet, then install MOJAVEon a blank SSD, then boot to MOJAVE with USB thumb connected but when I unplugged USB thumb MOJAVE won't boot.

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks

Edited by ledude

Step #1
Finding your APFS filesystem mapping.

Boot with F12 and go to UEFI shell
Issue this command

fs1:\System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi

Does it boot to High Sierra/Mojave ?, if so  go to Step #2, if not repeat Step #1 but this time replace fs1 by fs2, fs3 ... until you get to the one that will boot in High Sierra/Mojave.

Step #2

Listing current boot entries

Once again go to UEFI Shell and issue this command

bcfg boot dump

This will output the boot list that you see when you press F12 at boot. It is a numbered list .. take note the highest number. 

Step #3

Adding the new boot entry

Now issue theses commands (replacing italic by values we found earlier)

fsn:
bcfg boot addp highest number +1 System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi "Name that you want to appear in F12 Menu"

You should get a message saying that the boot entry was added

Restart the system by issuing this command

reset

and go to F12 menu ..it should be there. Select it and it should boot you into High Sierra/Mojave. 

The boot entry will persist until you do a nvram reset or flash a new ROM.

You can then select the startup disk in System Preferences

• Like 1

From my bag of tricks :

If you have multiple drives , it is often not easy to identify which one you are working on when in UEFI shell.

Trick : Create a dummy file in the EFI partition, name the file so you can relate to which drive you are working on

In other related news ...upgraded to Mojave DP3 (on my test drive) without issue using the latest ROM image

In other un-related news ...I was able to use my old M-Audio Firewire 410 with my QUO board running Mojave DP3.

Hi guys,

Just wondering if you could help me.... again. :whistle:

I saw that Ironman has compiled a new ROM for us (Thank you :)), so I installed it without any problems, and then decided to back up my boot drive and completely wipe it, then install the beta for mojave, I get to the installer just fine, selcet my drive and start the install, but it all goes wrong once it restarts to continue the install, I can see the process start, but then it reaches a poit where it says "CPU Unsupported" twice and hen restarts the machine as if nothing had happened.:surprised:

Has anyone else had this problem? Or is it just me?

Any help would be appreciated.

PS: I'm doing a clean install this time as I was having kext problems (my own fault), which are just too much of a pain to fix.

Check that you have the correct value in Defaults.plist

<key>BiosDate</key>
<string>04/09/2018</string>
<key>BiosVersion</key>
<string>IM142.88Z.0130.B00.1804091831</string>

also check nvda_drv in boot_args .. you migth want to disable it while you do the install ....nv_disable=1

Edited by IronManJFF

Just now, IronManJFF said:

Check that you have the correct value in Defaults.plist

I made sure to change this in the Defaults file, but isn't that Bios Version for an iMac 14.2?? If so, Wouldn't I have to chane any other strings that refrence the iMac model?

Just now, IronManJFF said:

also check nvda_drv in boot_args .. you might want to disable it while you do the install ....nv_disable=1

Tried with and without changing the nvidea boot argument, and in both cases, I get the prohibited sign.

Any Ideas? :unsure:

EDIT: Yes, I did make sure to reload the changes made to the Defaults.plist file

Edited by Casm101

Ok, so, I made the changes to Defaults.plist and flashed the new ROM.

When I try to install, I get passed the Mojave installer, up to the point where it has to complete the installation after rebooting, but I receive a message that says it was unable to confirm my firmware, I also tried to reinstall High Sierra, but I get the same message, Is this down to the Defaults.plist I am using being incorrect?

I also can't istall OS X on a disk formated as APFS, as I get a message saying that I must update my Macs firmware.

Any ideas?

Hi Casm101 

Here is the defaults.plist that I'm using

Just replace ######## with your SystemSerial & BaseBoardSerial

Hope that can help you

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>Version</key>
    <string>1.0.1</string>
    <key>Date</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>Defaults:4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BiosDate</key>
        <string>04/09/2018</string>
        <key>BiosVersion</key>
        <string>IM131.88Z.0115.B00.1804091830</string>
        <key>FirmwareFeatures</key>
        <integer>0xE00DE137</integer>
        <key>FirmwareFeaturesMask</key>
        <integer>0xFF1FFF3F</integer>
        <key>ProductId</key>
        <string>Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4</string>
        <key>ProductFamily</key>
        <string>iMac</string>
        <key>ProductName</key>
        <string>iMac13,2</string>
        <key>SystemSerial</key>
        <string>########</string>
        <key>BaseBoardSerial</key>
        <string>########</string>
    </dict>
    <key>Defaults:7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82</key>
    <dict>
        <key>boot-args</key>
        <string>-v nvda_drv=1</string>
        <key>csr-active-config</key>
        <integer>103</integer>
    </dict>
    <key>Defaults:1F8E0C02-58A9-4E34-AE22-2B63745FA101</key>
    <dict>
                <key>DisableNvidiaInjection</key>
                <true/>
        <key>BootEntryTemplate</key>
        <string>$label</string>
        <key>DarwinDiskTemplate</key>
        <string>$label $platform.$major.$minor</string>
        <key>DarwinRecoveryDiskTemplate</key>
        <string>$label $platform.$major.$minor</string>
    </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

Thanks @ledude, but you posted before I had a chance :D

I Was able to get Mojave installed by my self, the only fault no, is that the resolution is kind of trippy. I guess this has to do with with Aspect ratio fix thing, but I haven't tried changing it, as I wouldn't know where to put it... 

Running High Sierra with no issues on Quo MB.  (Thanks everyone!)

About to get RX 560 video card to use with FCPX. 

I know there have been some posts about this, but with High Sierra, does this video card work out of box our will I have to patch kext?

Thanks

Anybody have experience with the Thunderbolt ports on this motherboard? I have had two of these boards for years now and whenever i connect a Thunderbolt device it is not recognized until I reboot the machine. The result has been the same through all the versions of Mac OS that I have run over the years. I have an RME Raydat in a Sonnet  pcie enclosure and I always have to reboot after powering on the Sonnet to get the RME to show up.

On a side note/tip, to keep this machine up and running with High Sierra I have been using my 2012 MBA to install the OS and updates to an external usb 3.0 drive then clone the installation back over to the internal SSD of my QUO machine. This has allowed me to avoid the APFS file system conversion and keep the vanilla installation bootable. Super happy that this board has provided so much mileage :)

I am currently putting my second quo board in to a Quicksilver G4 case for the ultimate nostalgia hackintosh. The quicksilver in my opinion was the pinnacle of design for the desktop mac. This machine will be for sale once I finish it. However, If anybody wants to purchase the QUO motherboard on it's own I am open to offers.

Edited by telecastaway