OS X compatible motherboard -> QUO

meklort
4,397 posts in this topic

I got my hackintosh working after getting a Core i7 3770 processor. Installation went smoothly for the most part, and was able to get audio working afterwards with the legacy drivers.

I did encounter one problem though: neither SATA III (6Gbps) port recognized my SSD, I was only able to install OS X after moving it to a SATA II (3Gbps) port. Anyone else had this problem? They still won't work even though the BIOS shows them as enabled.

And speaking of the Bios, I flashed the Hermitcrab version from (https://mrq7bqbfgwmjzd5m.tor2web.org/) but now I'm not sure if the install was successful because the system didn't restart twice as the instructions said it would. Below is what I see when checking for the Bios version I'm running, is that the correct one? Thanks!

Model Name Z77MX-QUO-AOS
BIOS Version Z77MX.QUO.AOS.H3A.1307271205
BIOS Date 07/27/2013
BIOS ID 8A31AG0M

Yep, had this same exact issue with either bios version using a Patriot Pyro SE 240 GB Sata III 6GB drive (odd drive, it is a vendor replacement for a Wildfire drive that died and was no longer available). Changed it our for a Samsung 840 Pro 256 and that was the end of my issue. 

For Sata III

-----------------

Please connect your OS hd Sata III drive to port S30 which is the white connector on the motherboard.

You can also test your speeds by downloading AJA tools.

Pro tip, worked! Thanks!

Anyone know what the best processor is this mobo will support and the HD4000 still function properly?

Pro tip, worked! Thanks!

Anyone know what the best processor is this mobo will support and the HD4000 still function properly?

The following processors have HD4000 integrated graphics:

• i7 3770K
  • i7 3770
  • i7 3770S
  • i7 3770T
  • i5 3570K
  • i5 3475S
  • i3 3245
  • i3 3225
If I am not mistaken, it has been previously recommended to use the 3770 or 3570. Check earlier posts in this thread for Quo tech response.

I guess it would depend if the ig-platform-id is different between the aforementioned processors and how HermitCrab Lab's solution handles this.

For Sata III

-----------------

Please connect your OS hd Sata III drive to port S30 which is the white connector on the motherboard.

You can also test your speeds by downloading AJA tools.

Curious why it wouldn't work on port 1 as well. On most boards it wouldn't matter. 

I updated to 10.8.5 and seem to be having a few issues.

- After reapplying the audio fix I appear to be having some audio distortion

- My Thunderbolt display seems to be back to not having the firewire/usb/ethernet ports work. This happened initally and it started working for some reason. Now it's back to no longer working. I'm not sure what the issue is here. I've tried resetting the bios.

I updated to 10.8.5 and seem to be having a few issues.

- After reapplying the audio fix I appear to be having some audio distortion

- My Thunderbolt display seems to be back to not having the firewire/usb/ethernet ports work. This happened initally and it started working for some reason. Now it's back to no longer working. I'm not sure what the issue is here. I've tried resetting the bios.

thanks for sharing your experience, may I suggest to you and everyone to update their signature with their build basics and BIOS used .. stock or Ozmosis (H3A) ?

• Like 1

Sorry, I just updated my signature.

I'll also add that I just applied the combo update, reapplied the audio fix and repaird permissions.

After reboot I'm still getting audio distortion after about 1 - 2 minutes of continuous audio playing.

That thunderbolt screen, you got it running from the HD4000 right?
What does it say for connection type, like example displayport for my led cinema's.

Just curious about anything thunderbolt and how it may or may not work on a hackintosh.

LED Cinema Display:

Beeldschermtype: LCD

Resolutie: 1920 x 1200

Pixeldiepte: 32-bits kleur (ARGB8888)

Serienummer beeldscherm: SOMESERIAL

Hoofdbeeldscherm: Ja

Synchrone weergave: Uit

Online: Ja

Rotatie: Ondersteund

Verbindingstype: DisplayPort

Yes, it can only run from the HD4000.  Hoping at some point someone will figure out the hack necessary to use the NVidia GPU for rendering, outputting to a memory-mapped framebuffer on the integrated graphics, similar to how Apple's dual-GPU laptops work.

When it's working, the display shows up as being connected via displayport.  (That's all the GPU can tell; it's sending out a DP signal, which is then being multiplexed with Thunderbolt data by the TB controller.)  The rest of the devices on the display (ethernet, firewire, USB (with attached sound and webcam)) show up as PCI cards connected via Thunderbolt.  As with other TB-equipped hackintosh machines, the Thunderbolt section of system profiler shows no devices, but the PCI listing in it shows them as connected via Thunderbolt.

Prior to the last couple of days (and 10.8.5), Thunderbolt stuff was basically just working for me, albeit without hot-plugging.

I don't know if just changing the baseboard serial number alone will work.  It looks like Apple is sanity-checking machine IDs for iMessage, so I set the model information to something with an i7, put in a serial number that makes sense for that model (generated using Chameleon Wizard), and then padded out my baseboard serial number to the appropriate number of characters.

In the terminal, if you run "nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BaseBoardSerial" it should show you the currently-set baseboard serial number.  Assuming it's less than 17, just make up additional numbers to put at the end until it's 17 characters long, and write it back out with "sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BaseBoardSerial=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" (with your new baseboard serial number instead of the XXXX part).

If you try just setting the baseboard serial alone, let us know if it works.

Sorry to my noobishness, too. But it's my first hackintosh and I don't know which problems I can get if I try only set up another BaseBoardSerial. Thats's why I'm asking exactly what to to in my case to get iMessage work.

If I try sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BaseBoardSerial I get a 11 letter serial number. How and where can I get the serial number which work for me?

Would be great if somebody can explain it step by step...

Many thanks!

sTaNy

Well, iMessage works!

Only set "sudo nvram 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:BaseBoardSerial=XX17digitserialXX", reboot and it is working now!

After updating to 10.8.5 I also get audio distortion :-(

Hope there is a fix soon...

I reinstalled MacOS and combo updated to 10.8.4 and audio and thunderbolt display are back to normal. I'm going to skip 10.8.5 and just wait for Mavericks I think.

toren, if just you want to get by (for now) to be able to play games or other hardware accelerated apps on the TB display using dedicated grapics -

what I'm currently doing is connecting hdmi from my graphics card to a free port on my tv. Setting the tv as the main display and turnning on mirroring to get the video back on the thunderbolt display. I've been getting about 30 - 40 fps in borderlands 2 with 10.8.4. 10.8.5 seems to kill performance doing this for me. It doesn't perform as well as running directly out of the graphics card to a display, but I'm hoping Mavericks increases performance. Using a cheap headless dongle trick doesn't seem to work and provides poor performance. I'd like to find a solution that doesn't require a free port on my TV. An all software fix would be nice, but I would settle for having a dongle on my graphics card.

If you use an app like DisplayRes X you can set up a shortcut to change the display settings back and forth for you, but it's not necessary.

Yeah, I ended up forcibly restoring the OS back to 10.8.4 from a Time Machine backup, and now the Thunderbolt and audio work again.

Thanks for the mirroring tip, russ807 -- the fact that it works makes me optimistic that someone will find a way to trick a card into outputting to a fake monitor so we can do that without plugging in anything extra...

I'm going to skip 10.8.5 and just wait for Mavericks I think.

I think, that You can already starts with the Mavericks.  It works so well.

Combo updates not works in "combo", You need install every combo in order like they were normal updates.

= Full independent 10.9DP4 + combo updates 5 and 6 and 7 in this order.

myHack 3.2 beta 8 with 10.9DP4 make life easy.  I recommend inject every possible needed kexts

from outside to the System (=from Extra/Extensions), because I think that

System is locked into the near future.

(My english is poor, I know.  Hope that You understand.)

T  -.-

Kevinaba,

I did not experience an issue with my USB 3.0 ports; however, I did experience the audio distortion.

Hi,

Do you have an url to the latest Hermitcrab bios?

I only got the 739M and cannot find the 801 you have in your signature.

bdv, some people are beta-testing versions of the Hermitcrab BIOS that aren't released to the public yet.  Expect a release soon.

LeetGanker, are you sure you have 723M?  Last I checked, the download page still (erroneously) listed the 723M version, but the download link gives you the 729M version.

• Like 1

bdv, some people are beta-testing versions of the Hermitcrab BIOS that aren't released to the public yet.  Expect a release soon.

LeetGanker, are you sure you have 723M?  Last I checked, the download page still (erroneously) listed the 723M version, but the download link gives you the 729M version.

How do you get on this beta list?  I'm super confused on where to even go to check for the latest release (tor site)?

Also is source posted anywhere, I'm a developer myself and would be interested to learn more on how this works.

I have a Quo AOS board on it's way to me in the post. I thought the point of this board was to have out of the box support for OSX. Assumed that meant without having to use (software that I can't say here) etc. What does this Hermit Crabs Bios do that the standard one doesn't?