Lenovo ThinkPad T420 with UEFI Only

K0gen

5,271 posts in this topic

As a former MacBook Pro owner I was missing a good touchpad option on my T420, so after successful Yosemite installation according to @tluck manual I started to save cents for buying Magic Trackpad.

Today I finally got it, but for now I'm very disappointed with its behaviour. T420 found it and connected successfully, but in several minutes it started to lose connection and after some time reconnect automatically. The pointer behaviour is sometimes fine, but most of the time its like drunk person behaviour. Freezes, delays, bad reaction to gestures and of couse losing the connection.

I initially wanted to expand my experience when working in Ableton Live because I found using trackpoint and/or internal touchpad not enough precise. But this Magic Trackpad behaviour is even worse. 

Unfortunately I don't have a real mac to check if its computer or trackpad problem. I also don't have any other bluetooth devices that might interfere with it. I tried turning BT on/off in System Prefs. Of course I changed batteries. All kext I'm using are from this topic zip file for Clover 2967.

Please help me with any suggestions. Now it feels like throwing 80 bucks away, I don't think that I can give it back to the shop. Maybe I should change internal BT adaptor for more compatible or but new usb one? Maybe some tweaks to Kexts? I appreciate any help! Thanks in advance.

Try switching off and on the WIFI/BT switch on the laptop side. this resolved for me but had to do every time i rebooted the machine. IF your using clover try not loading kernel cache. This seemed to work for me.

@osgaldo 

do you have a way to connect the T420 disk to your Gigabyte system directly - like external USB ?

if so, it's obviously  a lot faster to clone disk to disk with tools like Carbon Copy or just raw dd (vs say rsync over the network)

I recommend UEFI boot for the T420 disk - which means format as GPT/GUID. I have generally moved away from MBR formatted disks and do not miss it! (i have one hybrid disk - GPT with MBR for VMware tho.)

my OSX and Windows all boots nicely from a GPT disk -  i didn't have to reinstall windows. one trick is to dd (raw disk) the windows partition from an MBR disk to a GPT disk.  The just install the MS boot stuff in the EFI. Then you just have to run the microsoft repair to fix the BCD file in EFI and then life is good. 

I just went through all this, as my dual-boot 750GB disk had some bad blocks had i just replaced it. So i wrote a script to reformat the new one using GPT (to avoid getting a MBR in place of PBMR for windows). And then dd-ed the stuff from the old to new disk. piece of cake right!?

Hi

Yes I allready made a copy using Disk Ultility, the question is how do I convert my config for my old Gigabyte board to this new enviorment /Thinkpad T420?

Still didnt have the time to install this new copy HD into the Thinkpad and try it.

I suppose I have to delete the extension folder with the gigabyte kexts.?

Could I boot the old system using a usb/bootcd and then install Clover and all the Uefi stuff?

Would that be possible? has someone done t his before? even on a different board or laptop?

Thanks!

Hi

Yes I allready made a copy using Disk Ultility, the question is how do I convert my config for my old Gigabyte board to this new enviorment /Thinkpad T420?

Still didnt have the time to install this new copy HD into the Thinkpad and try it.

I suppose I have to delete the extension folder with the gigabyte kexts.?

Could I boot the old system using a usb/bootcd and then install Clover and all the Uefi stuff?

Would that be possible? has someone done t his before? even on a different board or laptop?

Thanks!

Update: So I made another clone copy of my PC Hackintosh

1. I executed Clover instalation and selected as target the Cloned HD attached to my USB.

2.  Execute Clover Installer and selected Install Uefi and install Clover on ESP

3. I then Copied the content of EFI inside T420_UEFI-Clover-b3025_10.8_10.9_10.10_2014-11-14 into my EFI partition on the new HD Clone

4. Installed the Disk inside the Lenovo T420 .

5. Boot dont get passed Logo.

6. Booting gives me a kernel panic AppleIntelCPUPowermanagement

7.Tried to r un with Boot Flag  -v -f -x , but it reboots after a few seconds with some screen outputs I dont get to read because it passes to quickly.

What could be wrong? I erased the old EXTRA folder just in case but didnt work

@osgaldo - after you replace the CLOVER folder in the ESP, did you rename the ACPI folder and config.plist files to match your LCD size?

Yes ! that was the problem.

Now I got into Login Screen, but Keyboard is not working neither mousepad or trackpoint,

I have a spare usb mouse , but i cant type my password..

Is there an old kext from my old Gigabyte setup I have to remove/replace or sometihing?

Thanks a million again!

at the clover GUI, hit space and then scroll down to force kext load from ESP - that may fix it. then refer the guide to finish the post install procedure.

@tluck:

I couldnt find that options in the Clover GUI, anyway i found and old keyboard and finally got into my Desktop.

I executed the kext copy script to S/L/E and rebooted

-Keyboard and Touchepad/Trackpoint  still not Working.

-Sound is also not Working (removed an old AppleHda kext and left only the AppleHda20672.kext in, rebooted, with no luck :(   )

Wifi worked Out of the Box, (because before I installed Atheros card and flashed Bios without whitelist)

Webcam Ok (checked with Photobooth)

What am I missing?

@osgaldo - not sure about keyboard ? are the Voodoo kexts loading?  run this to see: 

$ kextstat|grep PS2

40    3 0xffffff7f80ee0000 0xe000     0xe000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller (1.8.13) <11 7 5 4 3 1>

62    0 0xffffff7f80f03000 0x6000     0x6000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard (1.8.13) <40 35 7 6 5 4 3 1>

63    0 0xffffff7f80eee000 0xb000     0xb000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad (1.8.13) <40 35 7 6 5 4 3 1>

64    0 0xffffff7f80efd000 0x4000     0x4000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Mouse (1.8.13) <40 35 5 4 3>

if not manually load them by:
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext

AppleHDA_20672.kext needs the original AppleHDA.kext so put that back!
i have not tested ML in about 2 years so not sure what works or doesn't on 10.8  .... so i would upgrade to Mavericks 10.9.5 or Yosemite. they are free.

@osgaldo - not sure about keyboard ? are the Voodoo kexts loading?  run this to see: 

$ kextstat|grep PS2

40    3 0xffffff7f80ee0000 0xe000     0xe000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller (1.8.13) <11 7 5 4 3 1>

62    0 0xffffff7f80f03000 0x6000     0x6000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard (1.8.13) <40 35 7 6 5 4 3 1>

63    0 0xffffff7f80eee000 0xb000     0xb000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad (1.8.13) <40 35 7 6 5 4 3 1>

64    0 0xffffff7f80efd000 0x4000     0x4000     org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Mouse (1.8.13) <40 35 5 4 3>

if not manually load them by:
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext

AppleHDA_20672.kext needs the original AppleHDA.kext so put that back!
i have not tested ML in about 2 years so not sure what works or doesn't on 10.8  .... so i would upgrade to Mavericks 10.9.5 or Yosemite. they are free.

Hey tluck, first of all thanks for giving me a hand on this!

I put the original AppleHda Back...

The kext is not loaded, and when I try manually to load, it says:

sh-3.2# kextload /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext

/System/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) link error; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8).

sh-3.2# tail -f /var/log/system.log

Nov 16 01:01:24 localhost com.apple.kextd[12]: Failed to load /System/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext - (libkern/kext) link error.

Nov 16 01:01:24 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller]: The super class vtable '__ZTV9IOService' for vtable '__ZTV14ApplePS2Device' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.

Nov 16 01:01:24 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller]: The super class vtable '__ZTV16IOPlatformDevice' for vtable '__ZTV15AppleACPIPS2Nub' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.

Nov 16 01:01:24 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller]: The super class vtable '__ZTV9IOService' for vtable '__ZTV18ApplePS2Controller' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.

Nov 16 01:01:24 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller]: The __ZTV19ApplePS2MouseDevice was not patched because its parent, the __ZTV14ApplePS2Device, was not patchable.

Nov 16 01:01:24 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller]: The __ZTV22ApplePS2KeyboardDevice was not patched because its parent, the __ZTV14ApplePS2Device, was not patchable.

Nov 16 01:01:24 localhost kernel[0]: Can't load kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller - link failed.

Nov 16 01:01:24 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load executable for kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller.

Nov 16 01:01:24 localhost kernel[0]: Kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller failed to load (0xdc008016).

Nov 16 01:01:24 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller (error 0xdc008016).

samething happened with AppleHda:

sh-3.2# tail -f /var/log/system.log

Nov 16 01:04:12 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext com.apple.iokit.IOHDAFamily, v2.4.7f4: already have loaded v2.3.7f4.

Nov 16 01:04:12 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController, v2.4.7f4: already have loaded v2.3.7f4.

Nov 16 01:04:12 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:

Nov 16 01:04:12 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]:     __ZN18AppleHDAController14displayIsReadyEv

Nov 16 01:04:12 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]:     __ZN18AppleHDAController15requestLowPowerEbb

Nov 16 01:04:12 localhost kernel[0]: kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleHDA]:     __ZN18AppleHDAController23interruptDispatchedOnWLEP11IOHDAStream

Nov 16 01:04:12 localhost kernel[0]: Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA - link failed.

Nov 16 01:04:12 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA.

Nov 16 01:04:12 localhost kernel[0]: Kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA failed to load (0xdc008016).

Nov 16 01:04:12 localhost kernel[0]: Failed to load kext com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (error 0xdc008016).

Repaired permission with Diskutil and Kex Utility

Used Kext Utility to insert both kext...

By the way Im running Mointain Lion 10.8.5 not Yosemite.....

PS: I loaded old applehda Kext which was posted on Kogen Mantis first Post, Got Audio.. But Only on Right Speaker

Returned to original AppleHda + AppleHDA20672... went silent again   :(

@osgaldo

my guess is you have conflicting kexts.

remove all PS2 kexts from SLE - sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions/*PS2*

remove all HDA kexts from SLE - sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions/*HDA*

you can get a working T420 Mountain Lion AppleHDA.kext from here #241

if the VoodooPS2Controller kext in the most recent zip doesn't work - the one from the old zip will work on 10.8.x

@osgaldo

my guess is you have conflicting kexts.

remove all PS2 kexts from SLE - sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions/*PS2*

remove all HDA kexts from SLE - sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions/*HDA*

you can get a working T420 Mountain Lion AppleHDA.kext from here #241

if the VoodooPS2Controller kext in the most recent zip doesn't work - the one from the old zip will work on 10.8.x

Hi, that VoodooPS2 kext did the trick, nowI have a working Keyboard &Mousepad/Trackpoint!

This AppleHDA kext works, but as the old Kext version I took from Kogen Mantis first Post, I have only audio on one Speaker (Mono)

Both speakers are working beacuase I tested them on windows briefly.

will keep looking...

Thanks for all the help!

• Tweaked config to actually use NVRAM boot drive selection on startup. (Can specify startup disk in System Prefs and restart will use it.)

hello, what should I change and where to make my hackintosh auto-boot every time?

selecting boot volume in System Prefs only works once then I have to set it again.

upgraded to the latest T420 pack by tluck, but it didn't help.

though I did not install the latest clover, is it the reason?

@tluck

Good news first: I called Apple-Support and iMessage & FaceTime worked immediatly!!! Awesome...

I just lost my 2nd DVI Port on my Dockingstation, don't know when exactly it happened... Hope you can gi'me some advice to solve the prob! I've had it working after setup, and made no changes to config.plist besides RTvariable, Boot Timeout & DefaultVolume...

I'm currently running Clover 3025, but also tried to go back to 2988...

@juxtaposse

If you'ld like to change the default boot volume have a look into CLOVER config.plist and change:

<key>DefaultVolume</key>
<string>MacOS</string>

think default is "OSX", make it whatever your to be booted volume is labeled...

Greetz

Mircsicz 

@mircsicz -

in the clover.plist there is a kextpatch for SNBGraphics - which swaps VGA for the DVI port on the dock.

read the guide and search this thread for "DVI". easy fix to have Dock DVI port instead of VGA port.

@tluck 

THX, read your post and the hint in howto:

• Clover patches string for SNBFrameBuffer kext to fix LCD brightness max level - now its the same brightness before and after sleep. Thanks to Timewalker75a (again!)
    Note: this same kext patch replaces the 4th port/buffer (DVI on dock) with VGA on left side. The 4 ports after patch are: LCD, DisplayPort on side, DisplayPort on dock, VGA on side. If you need DVI on the dock - then you can either not do this! Or replace the 3rd port (DP) if you want the VGA.

Tried to not use the patch and the following in "Replace":

01020400 12130000 12130000
05030000 02000000 30000000 
02050000 00040000 07000000 
03040000 00040000 09000000 
06020000 10000000 09000000
01020400 12130000 12130000
04060000 00040000 09000000

In "Find" I've got:

01020400 10070000 10070000 
04060000 00040000 09000000

But none of them changed the behaviour, I can only use one of the two DVI Ports n my dockingstation... I begin to believe it kind of get's ignored!

@juxtaposse

Glad, I as a beginner, could help!

@mircsicz - hmm. if you totally remove the SNB kext patch from the config.plist,  then you should have these 4 buffers:

1) LCD

2) DisplayPort on side

3) DisplayPort on dock

4) DVI on dock

i seem to recall that only 2 of these can be working at any time.  for example, LCD + DVI for external monitor or LCD+DP

@tluck - I had it working right after setup, before I began modding my Clover config.plist. I'll try with the *.plist from your version as of 18. of Oct. ...

THX for the hint, I knew but might still help someone else...

BTW: I've got a pro Dock with Dual-DVI/Dual-DP, I've connected both DVI Port's to an ATEN Dual-DVI/USB Moni-Switch, which works perfectly with a MacBook-Pro from 2012 and the Win8.1/Debian install on my T420s

P.S.: As I'm new to OSX86, can I install 10.10.1 fearless?

Yosemite 10.10.1 update - successful

Hey, it's my first post on this forum. I have followed all of your suggestions to install Yosemite on my T420.

I event was able to get Handoff working with USB Bluetooth Dongle (without personal hotspot, anything else works nicely).

Using AppleHDA_20672.kext doesn't work for me as it has symbolic link in Macos folder. When I replace the symbolic link with actual AppleHDA the I get Audio working.

I have decided to copy all the necessary files to AppleHDA.kext to deal only with one file in the future.

After update I got KP because of the AppleHDA but replacing fixes that.

? do you know why the AppleHDA_20672.kext may not work if there is symbolic link in it?

Another problem and probabley only problem related to the new 10.10.1 version is that according to network utility speed of my Wifi dropped from 144 to 11 mbit/s. After I replaced the IO80211Family kext with the one form 10.10 speed is back at 144 mbit/s.

So hopefully you can suggest some kind of solution to be able to use the new kext from 10.10.1?

rolitab,

it wasn't long ago on this thread someone was describing a problem similar to your issue but with the Apple Magic Mouse. Well then just a few days ago, the same thing happened to me. I have a Magic mouse (not trackpad) and it was really jumpy and erractic - when i picked it the pointer would end up in the corner.

i was a customer so i just started using the built-in touchpad and forgot about it.

Well so as fast as it happened, it just disappeared. so i can't help but wonder if there isn't some problem with yosemite? and/or bluetooth? in 10.10.0

Since the 10.10.1 (beta seeds) that was installed on my box in the last few days it seem to have fixed it.  meaning as it hasn't happened since.

these are kexts that so far have patched in 10.10.1

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleBluetoothMultitouch.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleBluetoothMultitouch

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAController.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDAController

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHALPlugIn.bundle/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDAHALPlugIn

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleMikeyDriver.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleMikeyDriver

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/DspFuncLib.kext/Contents/MacOS/DspFuncLib

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAFamily.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOHDAFamily

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHIDKeyboard.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHIDKeyboard

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHIDKeyboard.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleBluetoothHIDKeyboard.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleBluetoothHIDKeyboard

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHIDKeyboard.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBBuiltinHIDKeyboard.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleUSBBuiltinHIDKeyboard

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHIDKeyboard.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBHIDKeyboard.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleUSBHIDKeyboard

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHIDMouse.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHIDMouse

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHIDMouse.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleBluetoothHIDMouse.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleBluetoothHIDMouse

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHIDMouse.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBHIDMouse.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleUSBHIDMouse

/System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcm4360.kext/Contents/MacOS/AirPortBrcm4360

/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOBluetoothFamily

/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext/Contents/MacOS/BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport

/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/CSRBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext/Contents/MacOS/CSRBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport

/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext/Contents/MacOS/CSRHIDTransitionDriver

/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOBluetoothHostControllerUARTTransport.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOBluetoothHostControllerUARTTransport

/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport

/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOBluetoothSerialManager.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOBluetoothSerialManager

/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOBluetoothUSBDFU.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOBluetoothUSBDFU

/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothHIDDriver.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOBluetoothHIDDriver

/System/Library/Extensions/webcontentfilter.kext/Contents/MacOS/webcontentfilter

I've just installed 10.10.1 update. Everything that worked before - still working :)

But Magic Trackpad test failed again, cursor is still erratic and it keeps losing connection. 

I'm still on Clover r2967 if it makes any sense. Is there any reason to update? I tried to update to r2980 once, but it made my laptop unbootable and I had to reinstall everything from scratch because I didn't have a backup. Now I have it, but afraid to update again anyway :)

I've just installed 10.10.1 update. Everything that worked before - still working :)

But Magic Trackpad test failed again, cursor is still erratic and it keeps losing connection. 

I'm still on Clover r2967 if it makes any sense. Is there any reason to update? I tried to update to r2980 once, but it made my laptop unbootable and I had to reinstall everything from scratch because I didn't have a backup. Now I have it, but afraid to update again anyway :)

@rolitab

Do you have this erratic behaviour when u start the laptop or every time you reboot. I had this issue and resolved this by deleting kernel cache and shutdown the laptop completely with power off. Then started the laptop and in the clover configuration made No Kernel Cache to be loaded. Now the magic mouse works like a charm. 

@rajesheber

Thank you for your advice. Erratic Trackpad behavior happened always, regardless the fact that I start T420 or reboot. I never turn it off and reboot only when it is needed.

I tried to follow your advice. Here what I did:

1 - Removed /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches folder and emptied trash.

2 - Turned off the computer.

3 - Started it and in "Clover boot menu - Options" added parameter UseKernelCache=No, then choose my HD and pressed enter

It booted successfully. I paired the trackpad and it was working like a charm for 10 minutes or something. The cursor was very precise like never before and all gestures worked. After 10 minutes it dropped the connection and started working like before. 

Any ideas? Maybe I followed your advice in a wrong way? I never cleared kernel cache before and I was wondering if I'm doing it right. Also I'm not sure that I following this step in the proper way - "clover configuration made No Kernel Cache to be loaded".

@juxtaposse - I prefer to answer in the thread, so the next one with this prob can read the answer too...

In Clover config.plist you need a section like this:

<key>RtVariables</key>
        <dict>
                <key>MLB</key>
                <string>-17character alphanumeric string-</string>
                <key>ROM</key>
                <data>
                AcLfMqxKvA==
                </data>
        </dict>

You can get the MLB by running 'iMessage_debug' on a real Mac, I didn't understand how to get the ROM, so I copied it from this post.

When calling AppleCare I did only tell FaceTime refuses me to login, then they excused that it happens sometimes when upgrading. He asked for the code and instantly it worked as expected...

@tluck

The sound is actually working now with the latest zip (11/17) without having to create kexts from the HDA scripts you added. From the output (before I used the new kexts, see below), I think I noticed the problem. The symlink was the right size (64) and had the right file path in its content, but it wasn't showing up as a symlink in the ls output (->).

With the new kexts from the lastest zip, the symlink works. Not sure if the symlink got messed up by moving around filesystems via a USB or something else. Someone else mentioned replacing the symlink to get their sound working a few posts above (#1496). I also updated to 10.10.1, but I am not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Thank you.

$ ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA*/Contents/M*
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS:
total 2152
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  1100672 Sep 19 03:16 AppleHDA

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA_20672.kext/Contents/MacOS:
total 8
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  64 Nov  4 19:43 AppleHDA

$ bdmesg | grep KextToPatch
0:130  0:000  KextToPatch 0: AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB (Replace 4th port with VGA) Kext bin patch, data len: 60
0:130  0:000  KextToPatch 1: AppleHDA (change AD198B for Conexant 20672) Kext bin patch, data len: 4
0:130  0:000  KextToPatch 2: IOAHCIBlockStorage (TRIM for SSD) Kext bin patch, data len: 9