Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

this is a very very good idea ...can you work on it Sergey ?

Hi Guys,

I need some input/help from you due to my personal rig update 2016. I've decided to go with a basic x99 update, even that I've found out that I'm the only one running my mobo at the moment as an hackintosh?

Hardware: Asrock x99m Extreme4, i7-5820k, 32GB DDR4, GTX970, SM951 Samsung NVME.

I have some problems with USB (not part of this post) and my UEFI entries in my Bios. Strangely, Clover does create a huge amount of uefi-boot entries in the bios section (at the moment around 80). That is the same for my NVME M2 SSD or normal SATA attached SSDs. I know that there was someone else with this problem in the community, but I dont find his post again and the help he had received from you guys.

Do you need any other information regarding my problem for helping me? Is this just a cosmetic issue?

what you mean? can you attached photo?

This is not a cosmetic issue. Those entries are taking up space in NVRAM and slow down your BIOS UI.

I think it's the BIOS that creates those. Try using EasyUEFI in Windows to remove the duplicates, then add a new entry that points to the Clover partition. The new entry should include a file path like this:\EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.EFI

Remove entries that don't have a file path (except for the Hard Drive and CD/DVD Drive options). Move the one you want to be the default (probably the new Clover option you just added) to the top.

Then restart your computer, and check the BIOS boot menu to make sure your entries are there. Boot into Clover and Mac OS X a few times to make sure duplicates are no longer added.

this is a very very good idea ...can you work on it Sergey ?

what you mean? can you attached photo?

post-465461-0-40265000-1467284585_thumb.jpg

post-465461-0-74974500-1467284600_thumb.jpg

post-465461-0-99781800-1467284616_thumb.jpg

Little update for my issue with Settings=Special.

I've updated Clover from 3561 to latest 3577 and now it works fine. I just have the same problem with SubEntries that cecekpawon talked about here.

12:108  0:001  GetEfiBootDeviceFromNvram: efi-boot-device-data not found

12:108  0:000  EfiBootVolume not found

12:108  0:000   found entry 1. 'Windows 10', Volume 'EFI', DevicePath 'PcieRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x2)\Ata(0x0)\HD(2,GPT,0CFC5E1B-B9AE-4C8A-BC3F-242944E0D560,0xE1800,0x32000)\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi'

12:108  0:000  DefaultIndex=1 and MainMenu.EntryCount=10

12:250  0:142  Found Mouse device:

12:258  0:008  GUI ready

15:705  3:446  BootOption of the entry is empty

15:705  0:000  StartLoader() start

15:705  0:000  Entry->Settings: Sierra

15:713  0:008  Using OEM Sierra.plist at path: EFI\CLOVER\Sierra.plist

15:713  0:000  Found custom settings for this entry: Sierra

15:713  0:000  Loading main settings

15:713  0:000  USB FixOwnership: true

15:713  0:000  Config set Fixes will override FixMask mask!

15:713  0:000     final mask=97CE28DB

15:713  0:000  Config set ChassisType=0xD

15:713  0:000  KextsToPatch: 2 requested

15:713  0:000  KextsToPatch 0: AppleAHCIPort (External icons patch) Kext bin patch, data len: 8

15:713  0:000  KextsToPatch 1: AMD7000Controller (FB Futomaki) Kext bin patch, data len: 96
15:713  0:000  Finally: Bus=333088kHz CPU=3164MHz

15:713  0:000  Kernel and Kext Patches at D74C9C28:

15:713  0:000   Allowed: y

15:713  0:000   Debug: n

15:713  0:000   KernelCpu: n

15:713  0:000   Lapic: n

15:713  0:000   Haswell-E: n

15:713  0:000   AICPUPM: n

15:713  0:000   AppleRTC: y

15:713  0:000   KernelPm: n

15:713  0:000   FakeCPUID: 0x0

15:713  0:000   ATIController: 7000

15:713  0:000   ATIDataLength: 96

15:713  0:000   0 Kexts to load

15:713  0:000   2 Kexts to patch

15:713  0:000     KextPatch[0]: 8 bytes, AppleAHCIPort

15:714  0:000     KextPatch[1]: 96 bytes, AMD7000Controller

Both KextToPach and ATI ConnectorsData/Patch are correctly applied.

log.txt.zip

• Like 1

Both KextToPach and ATI ConnectorsData/Patch are correctly applied.

I'm happy for you and cecekpawon .. :)  (now I have to do a long long job :angel_not:  ha ha)

Another good idea.

But more complicate to release.

These way we can edit OS specific settings in GUI, in more huge GUI.

Yep before see @polizaregone's post.. I've created a tiny code that work doing as I said:enableIf.zip

• Like 2

I'm happy for you and cecekpawon .. :)  (now I have to do a long long job :angel_not:  ha ha)

Yep before see @polizaregone's post.. I've created a tiny code that work doing as I said:attachicon.gifenableIf.zip

Very good, but it can't be applied to Clover sources without some refactoring.

#include  is impossible in the project. All string functions must be replaced by analogous. And I seems have no analog for strtok()

• Like 1

I wonder if somebody here can help me with installing Clover to a real Macbook 2,1

I'm sure with Clover I should be able to install El Capitan into my Macbook 2,1.

I've written a post with more details into Sourceforge (https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefiboot/discussion/1726372/thread/3a79e810/), but don't know if there's somebody anywhere who can help me or just tell me where to go or what to read to know how to do it.

That post, copied/pasted:

Hello,
I have two hackintoshes with El Capitan and Clover Legacy (I wrote a guide, you can find it here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312770-miniguide-installing-el-capitan-on-an-old-2007-acer-aspire-53155715z-unsupported-laptop/) These hackintoshes are very similar to my Macbook 2,1. So, I've installed Clover UEFI on an external HDD where I previously installed El Capitan doing a "Carbon Copy Cloner". I've cloned the HDD from one of the hackintoshes to this one.

But Macbook 2,1 needs a special boot.efi, which is 32-bit (http://piker-alpha.github.io/macosxbootloader/). Of course I have it and it's going on Yosemite with this Macbook 2,1, which is not supported by nothing beyond 10.7 Lion.

I've followed the instructions (you can find it here --> #####) given by Asher- and it seems with them Clover boots the Yosemite I have into the SDD of the Macbook 2,1. In reality it's like I had Clover on my Hackintosh! But when I told Clover to boot from the HDD with El Capitan, nothing goes on!

Please, can you help me?

Note: I have Yosemite on the Macbook because it's supported by "OS X Hackers" (http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/os-x-yosemite-on-unsupported-macs-guide.1761432/), but my Macbook is not supported by them under El Capitan (http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/os-x-el-capitan-on-unsupported-macs.1889851/).

And I feel Clover can help me in this adventure because my Acer 5315-5715z laptops are very similar to my Macbook 2,1 (they are like Macbook 4,1; the only difference they have a GMA X3100 instad of a GMA 950, that's all) :))

Thank you for helping me!

I'm having an issue with multiple drives and Clover's prioritization of the EFI partition. Due to physical constraints, I had to install my 7mm SSD in my laptop's secondary drive bay. Until recently, the primary hard drive had Windows 10 installed and dual booted with Clover (legacy) and Win 10. Then I decided to backup the SSD to the primary HD and make it a bootable clone. So I cloned the SSD with Super Duper and did a fresh install of Clover to the HD. I copied over my DSDT and kexts, but forgot to copy the config.plist. So when I tried to boot off the HD, I got a kernel panic - to be expected on my hardware with a generic config.plist. So I thought I'll just boot off the SSD, mount the EFI partition, change the config.plist file and I'd be good.

Except it doesn't work that way. I went into the BIOS, selected the secondary SSD as my primary boot device and tried to boot. I could tell from the theme that it was using the generic config.plist from the HD and sure enough it KP'd. Same thing happened when I tried to boot from my USB installer stick - Clover insisted on using the bogus config.plist from the primary HD. I was getting a bit panicky when I decided to just yank the primary HD, and sure enough it booted right up off the SSD.

So is there any way to change this behavior? What's a good strategy for keeping a bootable backup clone with Clover?

I'm having an issue with multiple drives and Clover's prioritization of the EFI partition. Due to physical constraints, I had to install my 7mm SSD in my laptop's secondary drive bay. Until recently, the primary hard drive had Windows 10 installed and dual booted with Clover (legacy) and Win 10. Then I decided to backup the SSD to the primary HD and make it a bootable clone. So I cloned the SSD with Super Duper and did a fresh install of Clover to the HD. I copied over my DSDT and kexts, but forgot to copy the config.plist. So when I tried to boot off the HD, I got a kernel panic - to be expected on my hardware with a generic config.plist. So I thought I'll just boot off the SSD, mount the EFI partition, change the config.plist file and I'd be good.

Except it doesn't work that way. I went into the BIOS, selected the secondary SSD as my primary boot device and tried to boot. I could tell from the theme that it was using the generic config.plist from the HD and sure enough it KP'd. Same thing happened when I tried to boot from my USB installer stick - Clover insisted on using the bogus config.plist from the primary HD. I was getting a bit panicky when I decided to just yank the primary HD, and sure enough it booted right up off the SSD.

So is there any way to change this behavior? What's a good strategy for keeping a bootable backup clone with Clover?

I guess your BIOS doesn't support EFI, otherwise you would use that instead of Legacy to boot. I haven't tried Legacy Clover before so I don't know what all the issue are. Is it possible to go into the EFI Shell, and move the files from the primary HD EFI/Boot and EFI/Clover/Folder into a different folder? Of course, if it's booting the Clover on the primary HD instead of just using config.plist from the primary HD, then that would probably make the computer unbootable if it continues to try to boot from the primary HD.

If your config.plist has an error, then that can cause the theme to go to the default. Check the config.plist with the plutil command in Mac OS X and fix any errors it finds.

Check your partitions using diskutil, fdisk, gpt. Since you're booting using legacy, make sure the MBR and VBR(PBR) blocks (using dd) have boot code and unique disk signatures or ids or guids. Attached is a script to dump all that hard drive info. Execute it using the following command, then view the results. It takes a few seconds to complete.

sudo ./dumpvols.sh > dumpvols_result.txt 2>&1
Can you boot Clover from a USB flash drive? If so, then you could use the Clover from there to boot either the backup or the primary drive and to fix the primary drive so that both the backup and primary drive contain working copies of your Clover installation. You may need to put the primary HD in a USB external drive, then plug it in after you boot to fix it up.

dumpvols.sh.zip

I was able to copy config.plist with EFI shell and got my laptop booting again. I was afraid it was something incomprehensible like Open Firmware, but it's like a cross between DOS and Linux, and even has a text editor. Anyway, once I copied the file I was able to boot the laptop with both drives installed, and was even able to boot from both drives. I take it in the future I won't need to copy the Clover files again, right? Super Duper tries to make the volume bootable after every clone operation, so I may need to figure how to turn that "feature" off.

If you still want the diagnostic output/logs, I'll be happy to provide them, but right now everything's working. Now I'm ready for 10.11.6 replacing all my kexts...

I was able to copy config.plist with EFI shell and got my laptop booting again. I was afraid it was something incomprehensible like Open Firmware, but it's like a cross between DOS and Linux, and even has a text editor. Anyway, once I copied the file I was able to boot the laptop with both drives installed, and was even able to boot from both drives.

Can you make a quick tutorial on that? Might come handy for someone? Thank you

I was able to copy config.plist with EFI shell and got my laptop booting again. I was afraid it was something incomprehensible like Open Firmware, but it's like a cross between DOS and Linux, and even has a text editor. Anyway, once I copied the file I was able to boot the laptop with both drives installed, and was even able to boot from both drives. I take it in the future I won't need to copy the Clover files again, right? Super Duper tries to make the volume bootable after every clone operation, so I may need to figure how to turn that "feature" off.

If you still want the diagnostic output/logs, I'll be happy to provide them, but right now everything's working. Now I'm ready for 10.11.6 replacing all my kexts...

If you copy the config.plist to the HD then it will make the HD bootable, but it doesn't help the issue where choosing to boot from the SSD is ignored and boots the HD instead. I thought maybe the output from the script might help determine why that occurs or at least remove the HD and SSD as the cause. I don't think there should be a problem with having multiple bootable drives in the same computer. The BIOS should be smart enough to boot the one that the user chooses.

If you copy the config.plist to the HD then it will make the HD bootable, but it doesn't help the issue where choosing to boot from the SSD is ignored and boots the HD instead. I thought maybe the output from the script might help determine why that occurs or at least remove the HD and SSD as the cause. I don't think there should be a problem with having multiple bootable drives in the same computer. The BIOS should be smart enough to boot the one that the user chooses.

That's what I would think should happen too. Anyway, here's the output from the script. Another odd thing is that the EFI shell option has disappeared from the boot menu since I copied my custom config.plist to the HD. Otherwise, I might try to do a tutorial as @Nomad347 suggests.

dumpvols_result.txt.gz

can clover use fakeid Audio like WIFI, INTELGFX?

I use Conexant CX20753/4 audio driver. i have problem about volume sync issue.

volume control icon is always max when booting or wakeup osx. also if i control fn+volume up or down, volume widget is always shown max. i try to test many time to fix this issue. xml, node patch. all method. but no lucky. 

work.

osx remember latest volume size. 

bug

volume icon always max when booting or wakeup, also fn+vol up or down.

it's not shown in realtek audio codec. i want to change audio fakeid. can clover change id?

You should try manually fake it via d/ssdt @sherlocks & see if it helps

can i make like this on ssdt?

<key>FakeID</key>

<dict>

<key>IMEI</key>

<string>0x1c3a8086</string>

</dict>

i hope to change audio id. Conexant to realtek

• Like 1

i hope to change audio id. Conexant to realtek

Not possible (and complete nonsense). HDA codec ids come from the codec itself which is connected to the HDA chip via some sort of serial interface...

• Like 1

Not possible (and complete nonsense). HDA codec ids come from the codec itself which is connected to the HDA chip via some sort of serial interface...

I have a issue #10594.

I just think realtek audio driver is nop about this issue. So if can change id, will be get lucky.

Maybe my think is wrong.

나의 LG-F410S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

can clover use fakeid Audio like WIFI, INTELGFX?

I use Conexant CX20753/4 audio driver. i have problem about volume sync issue.

volume control icon is always max when booting or wakeup osx. also if i control fn+volume up or down, volume widget is always shown max. i try to test many time to fix this issue. xml, node patch. all method. but no lucky. 

work.

osx remember latest volume size. 

bug

volume icon always max when booting or wakeup, also fn+vol up or down.

it's not shown in realtek audio codec. i want to change audio fakeid. can clover change id?

This is either an NVRAM problem or a problem with your XML for patched AppleHDA... or both.

This is either an NVRAM problem or a problem with your XML for patched AppleHDA... or both.

my laptop needs EmuVariableUefi-64.efi with RC Script to work nvram. also must be use EmuVariableUefi-64.efi to boot osx

confirmed it. also i checked XML. i confirm others Conexant codec xml base to work. but no lucky. only spk have volume sync problem. hp is no problem about sync issue

i see some people have this issue. thus this issue not clear to solve.

2:435  0:000  Intel Intel HD Graphics 520 [8086:1916] :: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x2,0x0)

2:435  0:000  Intel GFX revision  =0x7
2:435  0:000  USB Controller [8086:9D2F] :: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x14,0x0)
2:436  0:000   RCBA disabled; cannot use it
2:436  0:000  HDA Controller [8086:9D70] :: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1F,0x3) => codec not detected
2:785  0:349  stringlength = 1948
2:785  0:000  CurrentMode: Width=1920 Height=1080
2:785  0:000  Beginning FSInjection

i attached clover boot.log

bootlog.log.txt