Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

I honestly have no idea. Not usually the guy who doesn't know what he's doing lol so this is new to me, thanks for your reply. I'll upload the config.plist as soon as I get back into Mavs. Gimme a few minutes.

I should mention that I have also tried installing Clover to the new partition that I created, but I get a "boot1" error from there, so I have just been trying to boot off the USB.

I honestly have no idea. Not usually the guy who doesn't know what he's doing lol so this is new to me, thanks for your reply. I'll upload the config.plist as soon as I get back into Mavs. Gimme a few minutes.

I should mention that I have also tried installing Clover to the new partition that I created, but I get a "boot1" error from there, so I have just been trying to boot off the USB.

Just a question. How can I know what the trouble do you have?

Hi. I'm new to Clover, just gave it a go for the first time in an attempt to get Yosemite running on my rig. I created a 40GB partition and also created a USB installer with Clover on it in order to boot the new OS.

I made it through installation ok, albeit a few small hiccups.

The problem I'm having now is that I can't successfully boot the OS. Right before I should get to the GUI, my system must reboots. My hardware is listed in my sig, I'm installing on the intel rig. And here is a pastebin of the logs for the unsuccessful boot: http://pastebin.com/zjnBtHvy

Please let me know if there is anything anyone sees that stands out as odd, or if I need to provide any other info. Thanks in advance!

Here's the tutorial I followed: 10.10 USB Install Guide

If u have boot1 error then u are booting legacy.

Try to format USB as GPT and then make clover install for UEFI instalation.

I only get the boot1 error when trying to boot from the HDD I installed Yosemite on. When I boot from the USB, it loads just fine, I just can't get to the desktop. I really don't have any idea if it's a problem with Clover or not, I was just told I should post here and see what happened. Uploading the config file now.

Here it is:

http://puu.sh/9fWzj/aa9c71881e.plist

Now, I've never configured anything in this file for my system.  Again, this is the first time I've used Clover and all the Yosemite install tutorials just say "install Clover". 

I only get the boot1 error when trying to boot from the HDD I installed Yosemite on. When I boot from the USB, it loads just fine, I just can't get to the desktop. I really don't have any idea if it's a problem with Clover or not, I was just told I should post here and see what happened. Uploading the config file now.

Here it is:

Now, I've never configured anything in this file for my system.  Again, this is the first time I've used Clover and all the Yosemite install tutorials just say "install Clover". 

boot1 error means legacy boot that requires a file boot in the EFI partition but not found. Are you sure the file is present?

Otherwise you may try UEFI boot. To do this you should study your BIOS possibilities.

Here it is:

maybe u are not using UEFI bios on your board.

If thats true flash this bios using this tool.

mb_bios_ga-z68mx-ud2h-b3_f1e.zip

ppJc5MY.jpg

First format as on picture,then copy this files to that usb and boot.

After that u can boot UEFI Clover like a boss.

Hey, folks!

Any plans to add bluetooth mouse/keyboard support? It would come in handy not having to keep a wired mouse and keyboard every time I must interact with Clover's menus. I know adding this kind of feature is not exactly easy feat, but it would be really awesome.

All the best!

Hi all!

Maybe I'm too stupid. But for the heck of it, I can't use my NVIDIA card with Clover as I can with Chameleon.

Basically I have a working DSDT which I provided to Clover (that is without NVIDIA injection). Didn't work.

I tried the Clover approach of letting it patch the original DSDT and inject NVIDIA. Didn't work.

System is always stuck after loading of NVIDIA driver.

I found "EdidDiscovered size=0" in clover log so I tried to inject an EDID. Didn't work.

I provided a custom EDID. Also didn't work.

I'm at a loss here. Do you guys have any pointers as to where the problem might be?

Thx

Hi all!

Maybe I'm too stupid. But for the heck of it, I can't use my NVIDIA card with Clover as I can with Chameleon.

Basically I have a working DSDT which I provided to Clover (that is without NVIDIA injection). Didn't work.

I tried the Clover approach of letting it patch the original DSDT and inject NVIDIA. Didn't work.

System is always stuck after loading of NVIDIA driver.

I found "EdidDiscovered size=0" in clover log so I tried to inject an EDID. Didn't work.

I provided a custom EDID. Also didn't work.

I'm at a loss here. Do you guys have any pointers as to where the problem might be?

Thx

Without your signature and reports we can say nothing.

Without your signature and reports we can say nothing.

Thanks, I updated my signature and attached a DarwinDumper report from Chameleon boot and the ioreg booting Clover in single user mode (*dsdt.txt) and until desktop should appear (dsdt2.txt). If more is required I will provide it.

DarwinDumper_2.9.3_Chameleon_2.2_X64_Mav_shikumo.zip

ioreg.clover.dsdt.txt

ioreg.clover.dsdt2.txt

clover.log.txt

config.plist.txt

I managed to update 10.9 to 10.10, keeping FakeSMC in S/L/E. Works ok with GPU acceleration but still some artifacts, no biggie.

The problem is I deleted FakeSMC from S/L/E to have a clean injection through Clover. Now I'm unable to boot from the systems Clover EFI (AppleTyMCE panics, but I have the IOAHCI patch in Clover to support the MacPro5,1 definition). A USB stick with the exact same config.plist can boot the system just fine. How can this be?

• Like 1

Thanks, I updated my signature and attached a DarwinDumper report from Chameleon boot and the ioreg booting Clover in single user mode (*dsdt.txt) and until desktop should appear (dsdt2.txt). If more is required I will provide it.

In Clover boot.log I see

88:456  0:000  NVidia GFX injection not set

And I see no your DSDT at this boot. So I don't know if you actually trying to make video working.

I may propose to you switch on Clover injection and boot to safe mode (-x) to make me DarwinDump with Clover.

I also may propose you to set

<key>Graphics</key>
	<dict>
		<key>Inject</key>
		<dict>
			<key>ATI</key>
			<false/>
			<key>Intel</key>
			<false/>
			<key>NVidia</key>
			<true/>
		</dict>
		<key>InjectEDID</key>
		<true/>
		<key>LoadVBios</key>
		<true/>
		<key>NVCAP</key>
		<string>04000000000003000C0000000000000A00000000</string>

• Like 1

Thank you, I tried your suggestions but without success. I can't even boot into safe mode. So I'm not able to provide a full darwin dump, but I appended the clover.log and ioreg I could gather via ssh remote login.

I tried all other sort of things, all with the same outcome.

* with manually patched DSDT/with original DSDT patched with Clover

* let clover inject nvidia/use my dsdt with already injected nvidia 

* booting with nv_disable=1

I'm out of ideas, foremost because the same system is running with Chameleon.

Clover is also running beautifully with Intel graphics enabled.

:cry:

safeboot.zip

Thank you, I tried your suggestions but without success. I can't even boot into safe mode. So I'm not able to provide a full darwin dump, but I appended the clover.log and ioreg I could gather via ssh remote login.

I tried all other sort of things, all with the same outcome.

* with manually patched DSDT/with original DSDT patched with Clover

* let clover inject nvidia/use my dsdt with already injected nvidia 

* booting with nv_disable=1

I'm out of ideas, foremost because the same system is running with Chameleon.

Clover is also running beautifully with Intel graphics enabled.

:cry:

Why this line in boot-log?

1:836  0:000  Error in Second part of settings0: Not Found

And if you can run system with Clover at Intel graphics then make me DarwinDumper with Clover.

Change NVCAP to your value

<key>NVCAP</key>
		<string>0400000000000100FE0000000000000A00000000</string>

Thanks again, changing NVCAP was not successful either.

I attached the DarwinDump for Intel Clover boot. This is the same configuration, except that I activated Intel injection via Clover menu.

Regarding the Error message I have no clue. I looked inside the source code and the default EFI_STATUS of GetUserSettings(IN EFI_FILE *RootDir, TagPtr CfgDict) is EFI_NOT_FOUND. This is changed only in a view places, to my limited understanding it seems reasonable to return EFI_NOT_FOUND in most cases.

EDIT: I switched from MacBookPro8,3 to iMac11,2 and nvidia is working. I wonder where the problem with the MacBookPro definition is. I attached the DarwinDump also.

DarwinDumper_2.9.3_Lenovo_X64_Mav_shikumo.zip

DarwinDumper_2.9.3_Lenovo_X64_Mav_shikumo.zip

Thanks again, changing NVCAP was not successful either.

I attached the DarwinDump for Intel Clover boot. This is the same configuration, except that I activated Intel injection via Clover menu.

Regarding the Error message I have no clue. I looked inside the source code and the default EFI_STATUS of GetUserSettings(IN EFI_FILE *RootDir, TagPtr CfgDict) is EFI_NOT_FOUND. This is changed only in a view places, to my limited understanding it seems reasonable to return EFI_NOT_FOUND in most cases.

EDIT: I switched from MacBookPro8,3 to iMac11,2 and nvidia is working. I wonder where the problem with the MacBookPro definition is. I attached the DarwinDump also.

good.gif
May be in GpuPm?

I've a strange problem with clover, that happen only with my laptop configuration, the boot loader is installed on a 16gb usb in uefi mode ( Drivers installed are: Emu and AmiAptio).

When I boot clover from USB and I select any OS I get black screen (without any symbols), while on my second configuration every things works good and fast. 

It is a common problem?

Sorry for my English

P.S: If is important, my laptop has got Phoenix Secure Tiano BIOS and I have also tried to boot wth CSM driver without success

Is the same issue of this video (It's not my video) Black screen

Hey, folks!

Any plans to add bluetooth mouse/keyboard support? It would come in handy not having to keep a wired mouse and keyboard every time I must interact with Clover's menus. I know adding this kind of feature is not exactly easy feat, but it would be really awesome.

All the best!

USB (non-BT) mice (and keyboards) work just fine with Clover - I use wireless of both on my Hack (desktop - not portable).  In fact, both are old-school 2.4 GHz wireless (Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 6000 V.3 and Logitech Cordless V220) - both work with real Macs, too (and I mean non-Intel Macs, too).

Wanted to give Clover and try with OS X 10.10, download 2695 installer, loaded a fresh OS X install on a hard disk from a MacBookPro, I installed Clover and it hangs on b1f: init6

System is a Gigabyte X58-USB3

Runs Chameleon and OS X 10.9.3 just fine.

any ideas ?

Wanted to give Clover and try with OS X 10.10, download 2695 installer, loaded a fresh OS X install on a hard disk from a MacBookPro, I installed Clover and it hangs on b1f: init6

System is a Gigabyte X58-USB3

Runs Chameleon and OS X 10.9.3 just fine.

any ideas ?

I think that means Chameleon's boot1h is still in mbr. Not sure though.

Because I'm having all kinds of issues with Clover... It only boots maybe once out of four times... I can't boot my perfectly good Mavs install with Clover, and I'd like to be able to boot both Yosemite for testing and Mavs for work until Final Cut Pro is fixed for Yosemite.

Basically, I've never used Clover, only just now because DP1 isn't compatible with Chameleon yet.