Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Artifacts with HD3000 are related to speedstep, to p- and c- states. If you disable them then artifacts will gone. SMCping just maintain system in higher state.

But I have no test machine to understand what is the exact reason and I can't help you to find the best solution.

• Like 1

Artifacts with HD3000 are related to speedstep, to p- and c- states. If you disable them then artifacts will gone. SMCping just maintain system in higher state.

But I have no test machine to understand what is the exact reason and I can't help you to find the best solution.

the problem here is only with clover

sometimes booting osx with clover having maximal artefacts that make osx not usable

sometimes have no artefacts !

and nearly most other boots give minimal artefacts 

• Like 1

the problem here is only with clover

sometimes booting osx with clover having maximal artefacts that make osx not usable

sometimes have no artefacts !

and nearly most other boots give minimal artefacts 

The artifacts on Intel HD happens a lot with old Clover revision, it's caused by wrong frequency detection. Later version has solved the problem, but you can try to find the correct frequency by using Darwin Dumper on Chameleon and Clover, then compare cpu values.

as now have no artifacts ! with normal p c states

------

by the way 

i have strange problem 

when i press space on os x partition and choose to boot with on verbose 

it boots with out verbose mode !

must enter -v on arg !

tried to setup clover many times and setuped new osx but the same strange problem on my notebook 

DarwinDumper_2.8.7_Clover_X64_2304_Mav_Mido.zip

• Like 1

as now have no artifacts ! with normal p c states

------

by the way

i have strange problem

when i press space on os x partition and choose to boot with on verbose

it boots with out verbose mode !

must enter -v on arg !

tried to setup clover many times and setuped new osx but the same strange problem on my notebook

attachicon.gifDarwinDumper_2.8.7_Clover_X64_2304_Mav_Mido.zip

+1 it's a bug!

p and c states are good, both those make by clover and those originals;

clover is last rev;

frequency is good;

edid is good;

dsdt is original from my machine, not takes it from web;

all is good;

NO artifacts with chameleon, so ...

Slice, what you need to debug this without a machine with hd 3000? Say me...

• Like 1

Isnt that a framebuffer issue?

That problem is both with stock frame buffer and with frame buffer patched with correct 3 exit: lvds, hdmi and vga. That problem happens with all possible frame buffer combinations.

That problem, again, doesn't happen with CHAMELEON, never, with all stock ;)

LOL :D

I have finished all likes today, all go to you..

• Like 1

That problem is both with stock frame buffer and with frame buffer patched with correct 3 exit: lvds, hdmi and vga. That problem happens with all possible frame buffer combinations.

That problem, again, doesn't happen with CHAMELEON, never, with all stock ;)

I have finished all likes today, all go to you..

hahahahahaha <3

@smith, are you sure no artifacts with Chameleon? I would like to fall back someday as I almost give up when the glitches getting worst in Mavericks. The weird thing is no single artifact in Lion 10.7.x. Right now I'm using custom EDID as @tluck mentioned in another thread which makes a lot of improvement. 

I will try disabling speedstepping tomorrow.

@smith, are you sure no artifacts with Chameleon? I would like to fall back someday as I almost give up when the glitches getting worst in Mavericks. The weird thing is no single artifact in Lion 10.7.x. Right now I'm using custom EDID as @tluck mentioned in another thread which makes a lot of improvement. 

I will try disabling speedstepping tomorrow.

yup i m sure, one artifact every 7 days, like on original mac with hd3000 :D   I repeat, no problems with chameleon and it's not edid problem in my case, i know tluck thread, and problem cause is different. No edid problem in my case, no glitches with chameleon. Only on Clover. I already maked all possible edid combinations with resx and not, pixel are already over clocked and so on. No edid problem in my case.

Clover is the problem.

It's not that the problem, tried now without ssdt, also with pstate and cstate from clover but artifacts everywhere so.. what clover read/make different from chameleon?

It's not that the problem, tried now without ssdt, also with pstate and cstate from clover but artifacts everywhere so.. what clover read/make different from chameleon?

Almost all.

Try to set p-states generator but no c-states.

Almost all.

Try to set p-states generator but no c-states.

Tried many times without applecpupowermanagement , and glitches are there.

Tried with only pstate from clover but glitches are there, they are all tries that i have already done in this last year.

Tried many times without applecpupowermanagement , and glitches are there.

Tried with only pstate from clover but glitches are there, they are all tries that i have already done in this last year.

Smith@@™  send the config.plist  please  :) 

• Like 1

My system is having problem waking from sleep on second time. First time sleep and wake has no problem. but when put to sleep second time, the computer reboots upon wake.  What could cause this?

My system is having problem waking from sleep on second time. First time sleep and wake has no problem. but when put to sleep second time, the computer reboots upon wake.  What could cause this?

Do you have darkwake=0 in your config.plist?

Sure?

<key>MinMultiplier</key>
			<integer>8</integer>

One more thing I wanted to ask is when I install clover versions 2236 or above to an usb drive, in EFI folder I see only CLOVER folder and not BOOT folder. Is it normal?

Yes, it is normal.

Hi all,

I got a problem with Clover. Let me explain it:

My machine: Dell XPS 8100 with Intel i7 and DH57M01-Mainboard (some weird thingie). With that crazy mainboard I had the problem that my hdd wasn't shown, but after injecting AHCIPortInjector.kext it installed everything fine from #####-Bootmedia and I can boot fine from chameleon bootloader.

Now I want to switch to clover and I created my clover-bootstick, which boots fine......

But I have the same problem like with any other bootloader: My HDDs are not recognized and I don't get the AHCIPortInjector.kext to work with Clover sad.png

I put it to /EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9/ and to /EFI/Clover/kexts/other and inserted the following piece of code into the plist.config:

1. <key>SystemParameters</key>

2.     <dict>

3.         <key>InjectSystemID</key>

4.         <true/>

5.         <key>InjectKexts</key>

6.         <true/>

7.         <key>NoCaches</key>

8.         <true/>

9.     </dict>

Still it does not show my hdds, only the Clover USB-Stick. Do you guys have any idea how to inject the AHCIPortInjector.kext properly?

Kind regards,

stevil