Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

All is good here  latest Clover r4154

Sierra, HSierra and even in old  System like Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5

Big thanks to all Coder and Devs for the work

my i5-2500K Sandy Bridge Quad-Core 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) Intel HD 3000 works well

no probleme before the patch and after  :) 

sans_t29.jpg

• Like 1

I want to say does real mac ivy use xcpm?

No.

But XCPM on Ivy is a useful feature when AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement will not work properly (certain CPUs, likely mismatch with data in X86PlatformPlugin plists).

• Like 2

They are!

Then I can suppose that something mismatch with Find and Replace... but is easy to discover if you post your prelinkedkernel. An Info.plist inside the Prelinked dictionary is not the same inside the bundle on the filesystem (missing tabs '\t', no line feeds '\n', different tags with 'IDREF' etc..). So opening the Info.plist with a hex editor can deceive you, imho.

I want to say does real mac ivy use xcpm?

The goal of hackintosh is more and more close to a real mac.

Apple dont support xcpm on ivy by default must have it reason and you can force to use xcpm on ivy hackintosh by your self but it would not better make it be the all the ivy hackintosh default option,

If this option be added to clover more ivy hacktion users will enable it and anyone can comfirm this patch or xcpm on ivy stable with no bug or problem?

I think we would follow apple's rule by default and we can mamually add this xcpm patch by our selves but not add to clover and this is not we considered.

My view is just merge the ASUSCPUPM,KernelPM,Haswell-E to one option like ApplePMPatch or just delete these puzzled option because we can detect MSR lock status and detect almost any CPU types by Clover so we can patch these PM patchs by default and we can patch it precision and look this can be done well by clover.

Please don't say xcpm on ivy because this is not a real ivy mac devices do and i don't support add this option to Clover or by default and if the xcpm on ivy don't stabel who can be responsible for the mistakes or bugs?if someone like xcpm on ivy very very very very very much they can add xcpm patch for ivy by themselves.

Thanks for everyone working on hackintosh project!

If this is really the goal, then I think some features like injecting _DSM or InjectKexts simply break it. (Real Macs use EFI String properties, and all 3rd-part kexts are under /L/E as of 10.11)

I never let it be the default option, but just added a boolean, for desired user to choose.

These patches were for sure confirmed to work, I just gathered them from https://github.com/al3xtjames/Gigabyte-GA-Z77X-macOS-Install/blob/master/config/config_main.plist#L125, and at least on my case and @theracermaster's case, it worked fine. All other things that will suck would be MSR 0xE2 bit 15 lock, then simply turn on KernelPm.

Why didn't you propose to deprecate KernelCPU then? If the patches made you confused.

That's just not that easy, if not, Clover would do this at an earlier time.

Adding such option is not my decision but Clover developers'. If I did wrong work then they shall simply never add it.

Sincerely,

PMheart

My mean is we can make clover more simple and easy to use and now clover can do it.

Although in the pas the xcpm patch are in the clover code if xcpm patch outdate we add new patch to clover code and now we just merge these option to one option there is no different with past.

And i dont say it is bad for ivy users to use xcpm,we can choose any way such as cpupm or xcpm we like but if this way is not support by apple by default and we force to use it such as xcpm on ivy we would better not add these option to clover or just by default because it may have potential risks or bugs so if someone like some function not be supported by apple such as xcpm on ivy bridge we can add it by ourselves if someone like and i do not deny any effort and development on xcpm on ivy.

Thanks.

So you should definitely create your own fork of Clover, and remove all features that you have no need, above all, my utterly stupid changes, this is the most reasonable choice I guess.

If just one option, then the situation becomes catastrophic... Just like I said.

If you really think so, then please post something to stop developing AMD kernels, because Apple doesn't support AMD CPU... Any instrument can be dangerous in improper hands. What's more I never let XCPM on Ivy Bridge become mandatory.

Thanks. I didn't dig too deep into getting XCPM working on my laptop once AICPUPM worked fine. But now I have it working with a single config.plist entry :)

Well, it's working in 10.11.6, but not in 10.12.6 or 10.13 PB. Maybe I'm missing something else.

Hi, oops! I know why! When I was merging the changes, I forgot to add a call to KernelIvyBridgeXCPM

@Sherlocks Please commit the new kernel_patcher.c and it would be fine then, thanks!

Final EDIT: These ones should be ok, confirmed.

kernel_patcher.c.zip

Binaries:

working_4154.zip

• Like 3

Rev 4154

Boolean "KernelIvyXCPM" under "KernelAndKextPatches" to enable XCPM on Ivy Bridge CPUs. It looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
        <dict>
                <key>KernelIvyXCPM</key>
                <true/>
        </dict>
</dict>
</plist>

MSI Z77A-GD65 i7 3770K

Not working

AptioFix2 - Error, timer 10 sec

AptioFix - Reboot

MSI Z77A-GD65 i7 3770K

Not working

AptioFix2 - Error, timer 10 sec

AptioFix - Reboot

This is more likely an Aptiofix driver problem. Not the bug of KernelIvyXCPM. As for AptioFix (v1) you should disable SIP, at least NVRAM protection. (0x40)

By the way, this is not a topic for discussions, we'd better contact an administrator to move our posts to somewhere else.

This is more likely an Aptiofix driver problem. Not the bug of KernelIvyXCPM. As for AptioFix (v1) you should disable SIP, at least NVRAM protection. (0x40)

By the way, this is not a topic for discussions, we'd better contact an administrator to move our posts to somewhere else.

Without the patch everything works as it should. With the patch, as written already above. SIP is disabled. Therefore this patch breaks AptioFix.

Without the patch everything works as it should. With the patch, as written already above. SIP is disabled. Therefore this patch breaks AptioFix.

That appears to make not very much sense to me. I think AptioFix starts working before KernelIvyXCPM.

• Like 1

Worked with the patch KernelPM. Although previously it was not required. If you do not use the XCPM patch patch KernelPM not required.

It seems that the MSR 0xE2 register is locked on your motherboard then.

Yes, KernelPm is only needed for XCPM with MSR 0xE2 register locked. So if you have to turn on AsusAICPUPM with AICPUPM and you want to try XCPM, then you may need both KernelIvyXCPM and KernelPm.

Ok, explanations added, thank you for pointing this out.

It seems that the MSR 0xE2 register is locked on your motherboard then.

Yes, KernelPm is only needed for XCPM with MSR 0xE2 register locked. So if you have to turn on AsusAICPUPM with AICPUPM and you want to try XCPM, then you may need both KernelIvyXCPM and KernelPm.

Ok, explanations added, thank you for pointing this out.

I've a issue with KernelIvyXCPM alone in Clover r4155. I use Aptiofix2: and AsusAICPUPM or AICPUPM to false, I"ve panic cpu on my system. 

post-1110743-0-57636700-1502356717_thumb.jpg

So you should definitely create your own fork of Clover, and remove all features that you have no need, above all, my utterly stupid changes, this is the most reasonable choice I guess.

If just one option, then the situation becomes catastrophic... Just like I said.

If you really think so, then please post something to stop developing AMD kernels, because Apple doesn't support AMD CPU... Any instrument can be dangerous in improper hands. What's more I never let XCPM on Ivy Bridge become mandatory.

I must flag this as a bad answer, sorry.. Slice will never told to existing users (and I saw gujiangjiang is an active users & with great feedbacks so far) to clone & destroy his project to something not even better without knowing their skills first ... Any instrument can be dangerous in improper hands? Or maybe more extreme to told like: Why you dont just switch to other bootmanager on next door which lot more simpler? Never. Do you know wheres @savvas now?

• Like 3

I've a issue with KernelIvyXCPM alone in Clover r4155. I use Aptiofix2: and AsusAICPUPM or AICPUPM to false, I"ve panic cpu on my system. 

That's weird. With KernelIvyXCPM, AICPUPM.kext should never be loaded. If your MSR 0xE2 bit 15 is locked then you may also need to turn on KernelPm besides KernelIvyXCPM.

I must flag this as a bad answer, sorry.. Slice will never told to existing users (and I saw gujiangjiang is an active users & with great feedbacks so far) to clone & destroy his project to something not even better without knowing their skills first ... Any instrument can be dangerous in improper hands? Or maybe more extreme to told like: Why you dont just switch to other bootmanager on next door which lot more simpler? Never. Do you know wheres @savvas now?

Hi, never mind.

I must admit that I was radical. And apologies to @gujiangjiang. I wish that the meaningless quarrels would be stopped for the time being.

As for @savvas, I remembered that he and Slice gave me some hints on fv2 hibernation and now it starts working. Where is he now? Sorry I just don't know...

• Like 1

That's weird. With KernelIvyXCPM, AICPUPM.kext should never be loaded. If your MSR 0xE2 bit 15 is locked then you may also need to turn on KernelPm besides KernelIvyXCPM.

With KernelIvyXCPM + KernelPM = same issue on my system (Asus P8z77-v pro, Core i7 3770K)----> panic cpu

With KernelIvyXCPM + KernelPM = same issue on my system (Asus P8z77-v pro, Core i7 3770K)----> panic cpu

Besides these two ones, could you please try adding this one (via KernelToPatch) and continue testing? Thanks.

Find: BE 0B 00 00 00 5D E9 08 00 00 00 0F 1F 84 00 00 00 00 00 55 48 89 E5 41 57 
Replace: BE 0B 00 00 00 5D E9 08 00 00 00 0F 1F 84 00 00 00 00 00 C3 48 89 E5 41 57
  • Like 2

Besides these two ones, could you please try adding this one (via KernelToPatch) and continue testing? Thanks.

Find: BE 0B 00 00 00 5D E9 08 00 00 00 0F 1F 84 00 00 00 00 00 55 48 89 E5 41 57 
Replace: BE 0B 00 00 00 5D E9 08 00 00 00 0F 1F 84 00 00 00 00 00 C3 48 89 E5 41 57

Sorry, I don't how to add this: can you explain how to?  I'll continue to test later this afternoon. Thanks

First of all my laptop working verry good with out the new patch see my Geekbench

Testing the patch on HP Probook 6570b CPU i5 3440m

I try to ad the patch

<key>KernelIvyXCPM</key>
<true/>

Not working , Instant reboot, sorry for bad news

First of all my laptop working vers good with out the new patch see my Geekbench

I try to ad the patch

<key>KernelIvyXCPM</key>

<true/>

Chris1111

I i use inject nvidia without ramsize on gt 710, shown ramsize 0. You too? I guess some bug on some ramsize over. 8600 gt did no problem about ram size 256mb.

This issue reported by FredWst. Also im checking.

Sorry for my bad english

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Chris1111

I i use inject nvidia without ramsize on gt 710, shown ramsize 0. You too? I guess some bug on some ramsize over. 8600 gt did no problem about ram size 256mb.

Sorry for my bad english

This card working Inject Nvidia = false

2047 Vram

Not need Web Drivers

First of all my laptop working verry good with out the new patch see my Geekbench

I try to ad the patch

<key>KernelIvyXCPM</key>

<true/>

Hi, maybe you need to also turn on KernelPm?

This card working Inject Nvidia = false

2047 Vram

Not need Web Drivers

Just case if check inject nvidia. I found ram size issue.

EDIT1

here

post-980913-0-35491700-1502363424_thumb.png

ofc without inject nvidia, our card is working good.

4:671  0:000  mem_detected 12841767665664Mb

4:671  0:000  read_nVidia_ROM
4:671  0:000  Using PRAMIN fixups
4:767  0:096  PROM
4:971  0:203  version 80.28.A6.00.58
4:971  0:000  nVidia Gigabyte GeForce GT 710  -184549376MB NV106 [10DE:128B] :: PciRoot(0x0)\Pci(0x1,0x0)\Pci(0x0,0x0) => device #1
4:971  0:000  Nvidia: VideoPorts: undefined, default to: 2

EDIT2

some users reported this issue in clover bug/report thread about 1~2months ago

EDIT3

if i put ramsize "2047" on config.plist, there is no problem. just cosmetic issue.

EDIT4

i will debug and fix this issue.

• Like 1