Dell XPS 410 Resource Extravaganza

slave-zeo

1,373 posts in this topic

Why just him?

It was a joke. Even though many of us are eagerly anticipating this kext, mrjoe wears it on his sleeve.

Just a sample:

Let us hope that the NIC will follow, except in a shorter time.

Advice: Release all the alpha/beta/rc versions of your kexts. If your computer fails, we will provide them happily to you

So where's the kext?

We would be glad to even receive the beta driver

so is this topic dead?

bigdaddyrob2g, do you have an update on the driver?

ETA?

still have some hope

I'll be waiting patiently! - me 2

have internet yet?

is ethernet (not internet) working?

:)

This does kinda make me wonder how big this kext is going to be. if its a few megs, heck I have run torrents (and played WoW one summer at my cabin) over an EDGE connection before. ;)

I hope one day it becomes possible to tether the iPhone to a mac. That would be awesome to use it as a bluetooth or USB modem, especially when we get a 3G version. Though I have t-mobile so I cant get 3G unless Apple adds that frequency range to the 3G radio, and the US government gets off of t-mobile's spectrum.

Just keeping this bumped up. What ethernet card is good to buy for Leo? Best buy has the DLink 530-TX I think and some Dynex brand; hear any type of realtek works fine but no stores seem to carry it? Where can I find a list to look at while I search different stores?

Just keeping this bumped up. What ethernet card is good to buy for Leo? Best buy has the DLink 530-TX I think and some Dynex brand; hear any type of realtek works fine but no stores seem to carry it? Where can I find a list to look at while I search different stores?

I think D-Link 530 has a Realtek 8139 which is supported. (Don't take my words, but verify yourself). By the way, which LAN card does you motherboard give you?

If we don't get this today....... I don't know what I'll do!

I should probably buy an ethernet card instead....... but I thought I wouldn't need to.............

and how do you get time machine working? I tried once...... but when I rebooted...... I got a kernel panic

Hi to everyone

Everything works for me with ToH RC2 +

- Sound: AppleHDApacher v16 and Dump

- Video: NVinject

- Network card: new one (a Realtek) bought

- EFI patch -> 10.5.1 update without any issue :)

Everything was possible thanks to this forum and this HUGE patch.

Nevertheless I still have some questions:

- For a XPS 410, should I use iATKOS or Kalyway new releases? Do you think I have to switch to one of these new releases?

- How could I solve ICH8 issues comptibility?

- What is the best for a XPS: MBR or GUID ?

- Do I have to definitely forget the RAID integrated in the BIOS?

Thx in advance

I think D-Link 530 has a Realtek 8139 which is supported. (Don't take my words, but verify yourself). By the way, which LAN card does you motherboard give you?

My motherboard has a gigabit 82566DC ethernet card. I tried the Intel Pro/100VE drivers and it says under network in Leo that a ethernet cable in unplugged. Right now I am getting online cuz I plugged in my cable modem to the pc via usb and Mac OSX recognizes it as a working card.

My motherboard has a gigabit 82566DC ethernet card. I tried the Intel Pro/100VE drivers and it says under network in Leo that a ethernet cable in unplugged. Right now I am getting online cuz I plugged in my cable modem to the pc via usb and Mac OSX recognizes it as a working card.

there are no drivers for the 82566DC that work atm. We are waiting for someone to post one to the site to see if he has made Kexts that work with this nic. The Pro/100VE drivers are not remotely close to the 82566DC due to major differences in chip used in each. Thats why it didn't work.

Hi to everyone

- EFI patch -> 10.5.1 update without any issue :D

- For a XPS 410, should I use iATKOS or Kalyway new releases? Do you think I have to switch to one of these new releases?

Thx in advance

If everything works now, don't bother reinstalling, you don't have much to gain.

(You can install PC EFI on to ToH without reinstalling.)

I haven't noticed any difference between MBR and GUID. (Which I expected :D )

Using the Kalyway DVD did support my ICH9R in AHCI mode where no other DVDs didn't.

Hi to everyone

- EFI patch -> 10.5.1 update without any issue :compress:

Thx in advance

I recommend the iATKOS, but use your USB thumb drive and do the EFI manually. Honestly GUID is vary handy as it allows dynamic resizing of HFS+ partitions, the psudo-boot camp methods, and is what a real mac is supposed to have. One of the few things I have against iATKOS is that it requires MBR for the partitioning scheme, honestly I think its just laziness. :(

But if you aren't having any problems are issues, just keep the ToH install. You wont gain much.

What kind of ICH8 issues are you having specifically?

Always go with GUID unless you have a reason not to.

99% of motherboards with RAID options don't support any form of hardware RAID. They are just marking the partitions and reporting to the OS to make it a software RAID. You can get the exact same effect by using the software RAID options in Disk Utility on a normal mac. I am not sure if RAID options work on a hackintosh though.

..am i the only person getting worried that these drivers aren't going to appear?

Honestly, I have started giving up on the NIC driver :D Think, we may never have it again... Already, people have (almost) started forgetting that, and the topic is moving some other way...

i'm gonna by a cheap pci nic today probably..

could people recommend me a couple of options please..

thanks..

(BTW if anyone wants any pro audio advice or help with their hack, i'm happy to help)

Try to go for a Realtek One... say Realtek 8139. They work out of the box. Many D-Link cards have them. I am using one, atm. I have forgotten the model number... you can try the D-Link website. Perhaps it was 530TX or something.

Try to go for a Realtek One... say Realtek 8139. They work out of the box. Many D-Link cards have them. I am using one, atm. I have forgotten the model number... you can try the D-Link website. Perhaps it was 530TX or something.

Yeah, maybe an option for desktop users... But not really for laptop users: got a brand new hp 8710p on which video QE/CI is finally working: geForce Quadro NVS320M. A real beast of a notebook but with a 82566 gigabit ethernet onboard :P

So no real option for many of us...