Dell XPS 410 Resource Extravaganza

slave-zeo

1,373 posts in this topic

I have seen people with the D link 530-TX, said it did not work for them. Shows up as realtek in windows but unsupported device in MAC OSX. I have tried to look for an actual realtek card in stores but it is impossible to find...may want to try ebay or newegg for one.

yep. i just plugged in my rtl8139 and it worked. it was connecting to apple right after installation of osx and gave me an option to buy .Mac subscription and it looks like they know about my hackint0sh ;) oh my. oh anybody knows why calculator is trying to connect to the internet? :) and i'm not sure but i think bigdaddyrob said that he has to go somewhere and he won't be back till 4th of january.

and i'm not sure but i think bigdaddyrob said that he has to go somewhere and he won't be back till 4th of january.
And so the story goes ... di da di... :D

he had is number up at one point..... but someone told him to remove it...... (which was good advice) you could look on google's archives for it...... but i doubt its there..... i will see if it is...

Edit:

it is on the post #276 on this forum in a quote..... he didn't remove it..... so if you want to text him... there you go!

Another question: with some XPS 410, Dell provides a keyboard/mouse using a USB bluetooth dongle.

Under Vista, I use Logitech SetPoint software so that my computer can detect my cellphone with a bluetooh connexion.

The Logitech soft for Mac doesn't enable me to perform the same task.

If this dongle can really provide bluetooth functionality, it should enable the bluetooth panel in Preferences System, it is not my case.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

I mean that after the installation, the soft does not recognize the keyboard and the mouse but the both work. Not a matter on that.

My concern is focused on my cell phone. I have no way to detect it. Under Vista, everything easily works thanks to SetPoint from Logitech.

The bluetooth panel dedicated to add new devices should appear in Preferences System and I see nothing :dev:

Perhaps I have to download drivers from another manufacturer?

Anyaway thanks for spending time on my issue.

Finally It works THE XPS 410 ONBOARD NIC WORKS FULLY ON MY MACHINE I ADDED SOME DEVICE AND VENDOR IDs TO THE 8255x Kext if this kext kext doest work for you add your own IDs I have two XPS 410s and it only worked on one first the other had a diff ID but i added them both to the kext and it works. Heres A Screen Shot And The Kext. Good Luck.

NIC Intel 82566 Finally Works??????????i don't believe.....it's true?i have the same.what is the procedure?tnx

AppleIntel8254x.kext can be edited to fit 82566, they're similar, just edit a few values like those Rx / Tx limits, and then you're done. I'm not sure if this works.

I mean, even the device ID's:

0x10008086

0x104b8086

Differ by only two measly digits. In the back of the number, too.

AppleIntel8254x.kext can be edited to fit 82566, they're similar, just edit a few values like those Rx / Tx limits, and then you're done. I'm not sure if this works.

I mean, even the device ID's:

0x10008086

0x104b8086

Differ by only two measly digits. In the back of the number, too.

I dont know if this is true, the kext cannot be hacked by simply adding the device ID, the problem begin since the initialization routine, the eprom canot be readed with the original 8254x code major hacking of the code is nedded and very few people here is able to deal with drivers, maybe orByte or Jalavoui could help.