Dell XPS 410 Resource Extravaganza

slave-zeo

1,373 posts in this topic

Ill Post it when we get comcast back up i dont think the cable guys here can tell the ground from there ass

Well it IS Comcast.

Here you can add to the complaints on this blog (its actually set up by a nice National Public Radio guy... who was rubbed the wrong way by Comcast):

http://comcastmustdie.com/

:P

Tried iAtkos with EFI but couldn't boot after installation. Just black screen. And no AHCI support for ICH8R. I'm sure all of this can be fixed manually but i haven't tried. Installed my homemade Leopard ;). Serves best.

EDIT: 1:26 AM Nighty night everybody and merry os x-mas

I just installed iATKOS on my XPS 410 and it is working fairly well. No audio yet but working on it.

Make sure you install the boot loader and start with a fresh install.

Slave, same here I have it workin on my 410. But internet does not work either. I have a gigabit 82566DC ethernet card. I may have to go and buy a cheap workin one later. And Im not sure if you can use AppleHDA patcher and sigmatel 9227 dump on Leo yet but I have seen links for it.

The hda patcher works for leo...... but make sure you install it first before pc efi!

Why, what happens when you install it after, it doesn't work?

If it doesn't can you try this:

Use codec dump with HDA Patcher 1.13
Reboot
Use same codec dump with HDA Patcher 1.20
Reboot

Does it work now?

Why, what happens when you install it after, it doesn't work?

Well, if you try to run the HDA Patcher, it will open and then close almost instantly........ I know, I had to reinstall and figure out what made the install work again..... So just install pc efi, and before you restart, run the patcher. Hopefully, it will stay patched! It has for me so far! :wacko:

I tried the sigmatel 9227 dump with the 1.17 and 1.18 patcher. I get "Unsupported Sigmatel Codec" after you put it in the patcher. But you can mute and mute, volume icon shows up and Under Output in sound settings, it shows HD Audio Out but no sound comes from my speakers.

Im also trying to install Kaly 10.5 on my Gateway Cx2620..It has IDE hard drive with ACHI. Kaly boots fine but will not detect hard drive in Disk Utility. It shows that I have a hard disk in the System Profiler of the Dvd too, I just dunno why it wont show in Disk Util. It only shows the dvd rom which is ATA I think and the Kaly dvd which is inside.

hi guys.. i'm currently using uphuck 1.4i r3 on my Quad 9200 and i'm thinking of moving to leopard.. i've just heard about the 8600gts compatibility in the 10.5.2 beta and since i have one that i pulled out of my 9200 when i first got it, i'm pretty excited about putting it back in..

at the moment i have a pretty stable setup that i use for music and audio production, but it has hit the point where i need to move to leopard..

could someone please talk me through how to install leopard using a standard leopard DVD and PC_EFI V8.0 and let me know which kexts/extensions/patches i will need - since i won't be using uphuck anymore..

..and is it possible/reccomended to upgrade to leopard from uphuck?

cheers..

What kind of video cards does everyone have?

i'm using an ASUS 7300GS, which works perfectly - with no mods - and i'm waiting for 10.5.2 to use my 8600GTS

come one guys it's christmas!!!

just a clue.. i'm sitting here with leopard, but i haven't got a f*cking clue how to get/install efi_pc 8.0 and then get/install the drivers that i need..

could someone PLEASE put up a quick how to and maybe upload a driver pack to rapidshare for me?