Aqua GUI for iTunes 7

Colonel

17 posts in this topic

If you're one of the many that wish Apple had included Aqua in iTunes 7, you're in luck. A new add-on for iTunes 7 called AquaT will bring back that olde tyme iTunes 6 look to your newly installed iTunes 7. If you're one of the iTunes 6 UI lovers, as I am, you'll likely enjoy this new add-on.

picture1bk4.png

Wow. If somebody went this far to re-skin iTunes 7, I think Apple should catch wind by now at the heavy disapproval of its new UI. Time to go back to the drawing board, Apple program designers. :)

Submit this to Digg. It'd be on the front page in no time!

No. I love the new interface. Just because a few people doesn't like it doesn't mean it's terrible.

I know there are people who like the new interface. I get sick of people complaining. New doesn't always equal bad.

No. I love the new interface. Just because a few people doesn't like it doesn't mean it's terrible.

I know there are people who like the new interface. I get sick of people complaining. New doesn't always equal bad.

new!=bad

bad=bad

Really it's all about consistency. I do prefer aqua, but I still wouldn't mind the new theme if it were used system wide. Specifically I hate that the scroll bars don't look the same as the rest of the system. Makes it feel like some non-native app hacked to work on os x.

I think the new interface is cool. At first I didn't like it, but it has really grown on me. Obviously there are heaps of short comings (like the view buttons and the lack of a visualizer button). I dig the album art viewer.

It is deffinetly time aqua died. I'm sick of it. But why not have a choice of themes? So you can have aqua or metal, etc, etc. I'm sick of Apple's lack of support for gui mods. OS 8 even had support to swap themes around. For OS X you need to get some crappie 3rd party haxai that doesn't even work properly. Their ultimate control stance on how their operating system looks on our computers is total {censored}.

Wake up Apple, and give us a choice!

I don't know, I seem to like this version better, with the old unified buttoms instead of all aqua.

That skin doesn't replace all resources. In a few places, the highlight color reverts to that deep blue/black color. However, it's true that the other skin is almost TOO Aqua-ish, ignoring the buttons that were darker grays in iTunes 6 originally at the bottom.

If only somebody could combine the best of both.

I like the dull metal of iTunes 7 but the scroll bars are just shockingly awful - especially when sat against an OS full of Aqua scroll bars - I think this is the most common complaint of the new UI and AquaT does a good job of fixing it.