Introduce yourself.

Alessandro17
5,224 posts in this topic

Greetings and salutations!

I'm a computer technician who until last week never laid hands on a Mac. I like!

So last night I decided to install Snow Leopard 10.6.4 guest in VMware Workstation 7.1 on a Windows 7 x64 host. It took a few tries, but I have just about everything setup. In fact I am typing this from within SL with Safari! (But I still am a Chrome fanboy).

How many posts is it till Member?

Hello, my name is {censored} i'm from {censored} and i'm {censored} years old. Known on other forums as {censored} {censored} and {censored}.

My opening line is "Hi, i'm new here™" and i love asking how to install kexts repair permissions and choose distributions, since 2008. {censored}

WoW your cool xD

I'll say hi, too! I've already had a little bit of experience with setting up and running a Hackintosh laptop (my Acer Aspire 3620 - an absolute dream), but I'm going to try and branch out onto my other laptop, a Compaq V6201AU. It's got a dodgy GPU, which we've had problems in the past with, but 5 hours of trying to install Vista service packs (even after following every piece of advice from Microsoft), I want to try OS X on it.

Wish me luck!

Hey,

Long time Mac user here, My mac just died so I dug out this old Gateway 310 collecting dust in the basement. It took me 3 days to to get install right. Dual boot Windows 7 first hdd then iAtkos 1.0i R3 on the second hdd Chameleon 2.0 for the OS X loader. I posted the instructions on how I did it here. If you need more help feel free to message me. Everything I have in this worked right out of the box with a patched sse2 only kernel. It works perfect and FAST! All the animations and sounds! Loving this but I did have Snow Leopard so going back to Leopard is funny...

Thanks for the help!

Meat

I've been an occasional lurker here for about 5 yrs, believe it or not. I'm now running SL 10.6.4 on an Asus eeePC 1005 netbook.

It runs better under snow leopard than it does under the windows 7 it shipped with.

When my ram upgrade arrives later today, it'll be even better.

Hey guys, the name's Patrick. Was previously registered for a while on here but kept losing my username / password.

I successfully booted Jas ISO on my first build, think it was a Foxconn mobo, same applies to the Kalyway DVD.

I've been struggling to get either Kalyway / iPC / Leo4all to work on my current build but to no avail.

So i just rid win7 off my thinkpad and installed iPc, working like a charm so far !!! can't complain :D

Hello,

i am petersconsult, long-time 'light-reader', first-time registered user...

i usually get sorta nauseous when i have to touch a WinTel machine, but i convinced a client to switch to mac, and they gave me their old rig, so i naturally figured, 'why not finally, after all these years of thinking about it, try my hand at a hackintosh'.

So here i am, with a Dell Latitude D600, hoping to make it work with either Snow Leopard (which i somehow doubt will work) or just plain Leopard...

If anyone has any advice, i'm all ears of course!

btw, a big huge thank you to this community for existing, and being so helpful!

Cheers!

Good afternoon.

I'm new to the osx86 computing, so it's an exciting time for me. I will try my best to get everyting working, and I will try to help as many people as I can. I hope that we'll all help each other out here. Good luck to everyone. Cheers.

I will try my best to get everyting working, and I will try to help as many people as I can. I hope that we'll all help each other out here.

It is refreshing to find this kind of attitude now and again. Most want help and they want it ASAP. But at the slightest difficulty they disappear.

• Like 1