New InsanelyMac website going live TODAY

Ed

29 posts in this topic

Hey everyone

We're going to be putting the new InsanelyMac website live today. It's quite a major upgrade to the forum so there's going to be quite a bit of downtime as we migrate all users and posts (there's a lot!) to the new version.

The site will be going down at 14:30 GMT and will likely be down for a few hours while we complete the upgrade.

I'm very excited to release this version of the forum, really hope you all enjoy it. :unsure:

-Ed

• Like 1

Sorry, went live and there wee still a few things that need doing - do you wanna try logging out and back in now please, should be fine now! Really sorry

Took a lot longer than we thought guys, but we got there, as you can see it's a pretty fat upgrade, but I hope you'll agree that it's worth it!

We're currently re-building all forum posts in the background (part of what's been taking so long), this is to fix a formatting issue with quoted text because currently it doesn't have a "quote" style and it just looks like part of the post - It's about 25% the way through, it may take a day or two for this to complete.

Other than that, please let us know what you think of the new site!

I like the new look. I do. Although it looks like there is much left to do to make it work as intended. Thanks for the effort to keep things up to date!

However I have few things missing. There was an option (via "My profile" quick access floating window or whatever it is called :( ) to view "My last 10" posts. Now to do the same, I should go to "My profile" section (which takes time to load) and search from there. Bit annoying.

Although I like the "swimming pool" mosaic, it would be nice to have an option to change it's color (to say some more neutral gray color or something like that).

Thanks!

I'm afraid not pippox0, we had to come up with a new theme as the upgrade in the forum software meant the old themes wouldn't be compatible at all. Give it a chance and see how you get on with it, we've worked really hard to try and get something that will appeal to most people, white was a pretty safe bet, but I appreciate we can't satisfy everyone!

Sorry if i have missed something obvious but how do I add attachments now? I looked in my profile part at manage attachments but can't seem to find a button etc to add new ones to my 1gb limit...

Thanks in advance..

Gaz

yea..same here, I got the same question..is it still possible to add any attachment?

Hi,

i got a big issue : i cannot access the site/forum from my iPad..

I don't konw what's the problem, but when i try to access the site with my iPad ( iPad one) i have to refresh more and more to get all the contents of the pages ...

From Pc/Hackintosh there is not problem

it's very frustrating bacause before i was able to read and write my posts easly ....

Is there something wrong ??

What can i do to resolve the problem ?

After all i'm appreciating the new graphical changes ...

Best Regards

PippoX0

@pippox0 I'm typing this from my iPad and not seen any issues so far - can you describe what exactly happens please? Are you saying that pages don't load fully or at all? If so, do you get an error message or a blank screen? Any further details would be useful!

As for the attachment issue, we're working on this, it WILL be fixed, we're debugging as I type but it appears to be affecting larger uploads of a few hundred KB or more

Hi,

My issue is that the pages don't load - i get white page while blu bar is loading

To go on i have to press stop on ipad safari and press reload .

Then i get the page but when i go to another page i have to do the same each time.

It should be related to the script to visualize images/avatars ... IMMO ...

can you offer a theme option with fixed width for the forum? on big screens the text is a little too long to be read easily. or is there somewhere where I can choose another theme setting?