{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

Hello I managed to make a hydrid MBR/GTP And installed windows amd everything works perfectly.

What I did:

-Booted into osX installation with Usb sick

-Backup my Mac partition

-Reformatted again my partitions in GTP

[WINDOWS]fat32

[MacOs]hfs+

-Restored my MacOS partition from backup.

-Booted into windows installation, clicked repair instead of install.

-used startup repair tool which wrote MBR on the GTP (making it hydrid) BUT the tool messed up boot files from the windows installation usb as well so....

-I poped the USB into a windows machine fixed BCD boot files of the usb.

-Booted again windows installation clicked install and viola!! Windows installed without problem.

-finished installation on windows.

-booted into MacOS from the MacOs installation USB

-Moved clover boot files from USB in the EFI partition.

Everything works perfectly.

• Like 1

Please help me.

I can boot into MACOS from the MACOS Installation USB but cant't boot from HDD. I tried many times in 3 days. I used Khairy's guide in post #5. but i fail.

My Laptop: N5110, CPU: 2430M, RAM 8G, Graphics: Intel 3000 + GT 525M, SSD 128GB.

Thank

Please help me.

I can boot into MACOS from the MACOS Installation USB but cant't boot from HDD. I tried many times in 3 days. I used Khairy's guide in post #5. but i fail.

My Laptop: N5110, CPU: 2430M, RAM 8G, Graphics: Intel 3000 + GT 525M, SSD 128GB.

Thank

Did you unlocked your bios to enable UEFI boot ?

Hello I managed to make a hydrid MBR/GTP And installed windows amd everything works perfectly.

What I did:

-Booted into osX installation with Usb sick

-Backup my Mac partition

-Reformatted again my partitions in GTP

[WINDOWS]fat32

[MacOs]hfs+

-Restored my MacOS partition from backup.

-Booted into windows installation, clicked repair instead of install.

-used startup repair tool which wrote MBR on the GTP (making it hydrid) BUT the tool messed up boot files from the windows installation usb as well so....

-I poped the USB into a windows machine fixed BCD boot files of the usb.

-Booted again windows installation clicked install and viola!! Windows installed without problem.

-finished installation on windows.

-booted into MacOS from the MacOs installation USB

-Moved clover boot files from USB in the EFI partition.

Everything works perfectly.

So Startup Repair tool can write hybrid MBR/GPT table? Can you describe how to do that?  :)

So Startup Repair tool can write hybrid MBR/GPT table? Can you describe how to do that?  :)

After you select Language on Windows installation you click "Repair" and then you choose startup repair from the Repair tools menu.

65a1558c-4130-45c3-93b4-e1de3c40739d_0.j

BUT BE CAREFULL. 

Hydrid boot is nasty and Dangerous.

This will probably "fix" the bootloader by writing over the GTP bootloader a MBR making it hydrid and also it will change your boot files, as well on your USB drive and might render your windows USB drive unbootable because it replace a file.

If this happens then pop your usb into a windows machine and go into the BCD folrder and restore the boot file from the backup file.

EDIT: You must do things in that kind of order as I mentioned on my previous post.

How can I flash back the original Dell A11 bios?

I bought a real MacBook and want to stop having the Win 8 audio problems on this machine.

in order to flash original bios you need to download latest bios update from Dell, Extract it and flash it with AFUWIN.
Edited by Dalaranunion
  • Like 1

Hi everyone, I'm sure that I have followed this instruction exactly but still have some issues.

In Post Install process, if I change InjectKexts to No, I cannot boot up but it works with InjectKexts (Yes). Therefore, I decide not to change this value.

Everything seems okay. But my wifi network runs really really slow. I don't know why.

It works fine with Ethernet and wifi turned off.

Whenever I turn my wifi on, internet becomes slow slow slow (but still connected)

Can anyone help me?

Hi everyone, I'm sure that I have followed this instruction exactly but still have some issues.

In Post Install process, if I change InjectKexts to No, I cannot boot up but it works with InjectKexts (Yes). Therefore, I decide not to change this value.

Everything seems okay. But my wifi network runs really really slow. I don't know why.

Whenever I turn my wifi on, internet becomes slow slow slow (but still connected)

Can anyone help me?

Have you tried using verbose boot to see what goes wrong?

Can anyone help me?

Yes, I used to try. It keeps trying with IOBluetoothHCIController like running in a loop.

However, now I am good with InjectKexts. Just wonder why my wifi runs that slow....

Yes, I used to try. It keeps trying with IOBluetoothHCIController like running in a loop.

However, now I am good with InjectKexts. Just wonder why my wifi runs that slow....

The problem I think lies on Graphics. Make sure that you have the Right SMBIOS.plist File in the EFI partition. Edit the SMBIOS exactly as Khairy describes.

I tried several times install Yosemite with Clover in GTP table, but always had something that did not work well.

Took some work, but i did the installation only in MBR table with Chameleon.

Result? Now works perfectly: sound, wi-fi, bluetooth. Fluid and fast.

Later i installed Windows in dual boot, and zero problems.

My Dell is spectacular...

The problem I think lies on Graphics. Make sure that you have the Right SMBIOS.plist File in the EFI partition. Edit the SMBIOS exactly as Khairy describes.

Do you mean config.plist? I'm sure that I have chosen the right files (dsdt, ssdt-4) and generated serials

Hi you guys,

Everything seems going well with me until this step.

I'm stucking in it. I can't find any solution from internet.

Anyone has any idea?

Thanks. :)

WP_20141028_20_57_09_Pro.jpg

WP_20141029_08_32_05_Pro.jpg

Download from this link http://rutracker.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4755796 OS X image, unpack it on your USB flash drive after unpack come on the stick and make visible the hidden files and delete folders Postinstall and Preinstall, everything associated with the Chameleon and copy your EFI folder on the stick. I installed this way

• Like 1

Hi you guys,

Everything seems going well with me until this step.

I'm stucking in it. I can't find any solution from internet.

Anyone has any idea?

Thanks. :)

Make sure you remove nvram.plist from every partition you might have it on (do a backup!!), I have taken the liberty  to state this problem to Clover devs already, but this still hasn't been addressed. Certain variable value in nvram when Clover puts plist values back to vars causes this to happen. I have faced this issue when installing on the 1201N from signature and was pulling my hair out before I figured out what the issue was.

• Like 1

Hello Mohamed. I have a dell N5110 core i5 model but I do not know what the name of the CPU. Find out how the name of my CPU. 

Another thing I want to know is if you can just update the Maveckis to Yosemite with the Apple App Store. If I run the App gives some KP ?, because I've done the MOD BIOS. My Mavericks is perfect, but I want the Yosemite. I have to format my HDD in order to install Yosemite?

Make sure you remove nvram.plist from every partition you might have it on (do a backup!!), I have taken the liberty  to state this problem to Clover devs already, but this still hasn't been addressed. Certain variable value in nvram when Clover puts plist values back to vars causes this to happen. I have faced this issue when installing on the 1201N from signature and was pulling my hair out before I figured out what the issue was.

Thanks for your reply TimeWalker75a.

I intend to make a dual boot: Win 8.1 and MacOS. So, I have 3 partitions: part 1 for Win, part 2 for Mac, part 3 for data.

I also formatted the partition 2 by Disk Utility in the installer. I couldn't find any nvram.plist from that partitions.

where can I find it?

Hello everyone,

sorry if it's a dumb question. Is there any chance to make a install USB from Windows PC? Someone stole my laptop and the only computer I have access to is a PC in my office. Finding a Mac in our place is quite a problem. Maybe someone could share some links. I would greatly appreciate your answers.

- Gani

Hello everyone,

sorry if it's a dumb question. Is there any chance to make a install USB from Windows PC? Someone stole my laptop and the only computer I have access to is a PC in my office. Finding a Mac in our place is quite a problem. Maybe someone could share some links. I would greatly appreciate your answers.

- Gani

Check my post above there is a link to the image of OS X for Windows

USB 3 ports don't work after sleep, if replaced with PXHCD it still have some issues after disconnecting anything from a 2.0 port to a 3.0 port it forces a restart

anybody came across this as well?

The problem I think Lies in "GenericUSBXHCI.kext" ? I didn't notice any problems (because I always use other ports), I have the same issues.

USB 3 ports don't work after sleep, if replaced with PXHCD it still have some issues after disconnecting anything from a 2.0 port to a 3.0 port it forces a restart

anybody came across this as well?

What version of OS X you use?