{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

About injectkexts detect mode

I don't use it as it doesn't work as it should to be to me

So to me I inject kext when I need from clover GUI

About dual boot

I described what I did on Video

Partitioning using disk utility during setup using GPT making first partition for windows fat second for data fat third for osx hfs+

Then setup osx then windows

Here you have uefi for osx and legacy bios for windows when you exit clover or boot hard disk drive .

So you successfully installed Windows (legacy mode) on a GPT partition, don't you? How could you do that, because only 64-bit Windows UEFI can be installed on GPT partition as I know.  :|

Besides, I installed 64-bit Windows 8.1 from my USB (using Rufus to deploy installation ISO), not from a DVD, as I replaced my DVD drive with a hard drive using caddy bay. I only setup 2 partitions with Disk Utility (Windows first, OSX after), as I migrated data to the new hard drive. ^_^ And for me, I can only install Windows (legacy mode) after creating hybrid GPT/MBR table.  :(

Another note: the UEFI BIOS provides native NVRAM support (I tested it), so we don't need EmuVariable driver. As our installation process do not install RC scripts to save NVRAM information, having that driver in our EFI folder is useless. If we remove this driver, brightness settings and startup disk settings will be saved to NVRAM and loaded at boot. For more information, please read here^_^

• Like 1

About injectkexts detect mode

I don't use it as it doesn't work as it should to be to me

So to me I inject kext when I need from clover GUI

About dual boot

I described what I did on Video

Partitioning using disk utility during setup using GPT making first partition for windows fat second for data fat third for osx hfs+

Then setup osx then windows

Here you have uefi for osx and legacy bios for windows when you exit clover or boot hard disk drive .

Mohamed Khairy Chameleon can be used to install Yosemite without using clover.

Another note: the UEFI BIOS provides native NVRAM support (I tested it), so we don't need EmuVariable driver. As our installation process do not install RC scripts to save NVRAM information, having that driver in our EFI folder is useless. If we remove this driver, brightness settings and startup disk settings will be saved to NVRAM and loaded at boot. For more information, please read here ^_^

I tried this in yosemite but while booting, before login screen, the screen turn off and nothing is displayed. I must close the lid and then must open it again to show the image.

I tried this in yosemite but while booting, before login screen, the screen turn off and nothing is displayed. I must close the lid and then must open it again to show the image.

Hmm that's strange, on my Mavericks N5110, it still works smoothly after removing the EmuVariable driver. Maybe it's a NVRAM issue, or because Yosemite beta is still unstable. You can test native NVRAM support by following the guide I referred.

Besides, have you ever installed Windows 8.1 with UEFI booting on your Dell N5110? If so, have you encountered any audio issue like I described on my previous post?  ^_^

I have a quick question. When I flashed the bios with the bios mod in the afuwin64 program, I only checked the option that said "Main BIOS Image" and not the "Program All Blocks". Would it matter if i did this cause it might also be why my sleep is not working. And if it did matter, can I maybe reflash the BIOS with the original A11 from the dell drivers website and then flash the mod with the Program All Blocks checked?

minor update
kext injection  disablement 

edit on customisation 

Post Install

now you need This Post Install Folder LINK

Follow this steps to finish .

- Put PostInstall Folder on Desktop .

- Copy to PostInstall Folder the EFI folder you made before from Flash Memory .

- Edit config.plist to disable auto kext injection 

14794167768_6f74166ef4_o.jpg

- if you want to do Customisations below do them on CustomPeripheral.kext that on PostInstall Folder before next step .

- now open Terminal and type this command .

cd ~/Desktop/PostInstall 

then 

sudo ./PostInstall.sh 

- After Finishing Run kext Utility then  Restart

- Boot from UEFI Flash Memory

- there is small icon of clover called Clover Boot Option 

7NVh3v.png

- from it add clover as boot option 

SSWi2H.png

- Now shutdown your notebook remove flash memory and power on , you will see clover and Enjoy .

N.B.

- about OS X upcoming updates just update nothing needed after you update all will work don't worry  about that !.

- about reinstalling on future you just need to restore app to flash memory only as on vedio no need to do refi folder again 

and after setup just install kext to system/library/extensions and .zlib files to resources folder of applehda.kext then rebuild caches only !.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customisations

if you like to make your notebook accessories act like on real MacBook Pro

you can follow this part :)

• card reader ---> use CustomPeripheral kext and edit info.plist with your card pro id and ven id
    edit idproduct &idvender under Any_Internal_SD_Card_Reader_1_00 Fake Apple Card Reader SBC Inject Fake Apple Card Reader UMC Inject Fake Apple Card Reader Interface Fake Apple Card Reader Device
  • 14792721920_585bdd7b6e_o.jpg

• Webcam to act Like on MacBook Pro 8.x
    edit CustomPeripheral kext --> edit idproduct &idvender under the three Fake Built-in FaceTime HD Camera Device entry .

14976399211_ec57ec8483_o.jpg

• DVD Drive to act like apple shipping drive
    use CustomPeripheral kext and edit the
    Product Identification & Vendor Identification with your DVD Drive info .
    14979488675_215d71ca29_o.jpg

how to get your your device idproduct & idvender ?

first go to system profiler --> USB --> go to usb device that you want to customize it --> you will find vender id and product id -- > take them one by one to caclculator --> on calculator use programmer mode --> then paste numder of id on (16) mode then convert it to (10) mode you will get new number that we need on kexts and do other ids like this .

edited 

Problems & Solutions

• for VGA connector you need to boot OS X with the VGA cable connected , or connect cable enter sleep then wake up, or use SwitchResX tool.
  • about artifact and freezes if you have  refer here LINK Start read from here ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credits

this work is done by many of shares :)

• thanks for florin9doi for his work on unlocking our bios and his work on alps touchpad.
  • clover developers .
  • fakesmc with plugins from kozlek and pervious developer.
  • voodoops2controller thanks to voodoo team and more development from rehabman & more from radu.m.toader .
  • special thanks for timewalker75a for his general help on fixing problems and quoted from his guide some idea about auto patching of applehda by clover & collecting customisation on one kext :)
  • thanks for maropr as he worked on getting disabling nvidia card possible
  • thanks for temp for his discovery of vga connector code
  • thanks for bcc9 for his work on connector info also on fixing still waiting for root problem since Mlion
  • about bios mode thanks for florin9doi , androdev & jkbuha on past
  • thanks for andyvand for customisation files
  • ssdt-4 files extracted from HP Probook Installer 4 pkg
  • atheros bluetooth firmware loader by mac4mat
  • thanks for nanotech for artefact fix

thanks for all and sorry if i forget any one :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates

• you can update os x with out problem or warrior about losing audio or any function
  • to reinstall you just need to type command to restore  installer to usb flash memory as on video then restart and press space on usb flash memory on clover gui and choose load with caches and injected kext

Hmm that's strange, on my Mavericks N5110, it still works smoothly after removing the EmuVariable driver. Maybe it's a NVRAM issue, or because Yosemite beta is still unstable. You can test native NVRAM support by following the guide I referred.

I solved the problem in Yosemite booting in verbose mode. That's nice because Clover remember the last booted OS which is automatically pre-selected.

I solved the problem in Yosemite booting in verbose mode. That's nice because Clover remember the last booted OS which is automatically pre-selected.

Yes, the last boot device setting is saved in NVRAM and read by Clover when it loads. However, it doesn't work for legacy entries but UEFI entries (on my system, I have to set the parameter IgnoreNVRAMBoot to true and manually specify the default volume to boot legacy Windows 8.1 by default). If we can solve the audio issue on Windows 8 UEFI, then a perfect solution of dual booting Windows and OS X can be made.

You don't need to format your hard drive to use clover and the advantage of using clover is that you don't need to patch a single kext when install a new update.

You can simply install yosemite like any another version and then install chameleon or drop clover folder above it. That's all.

• Like 2

Hey guys !

I was using Mavericks for 3 months on my N5110 (2410M, GT525M, Dell Wireless, Alps Keyboard). It worked perfectly. Recently I flashed the UEFI and installed Yosemite. It had little glitches because of the fact that it's Beta. I wanted a perfect system so I flashed the old BIOS again and installed Mavericks. My problem is now the post install. I need the OLD GUIDE - All of it. I used the post install of Yosemite and now USB ports and touchpad doesn't work. It pisses me a lot since I can't use external mouse nor Touchpad !

Please help.

I am struggling to install mavericks 10.9.4 on dell n5110 with clover bootloader I have tried various ways after failing from guide as well.

I extracted dsdt myself patched it but still no luck

I have intel only dell

Message I see in verbose is ibluetooth tried 5 times and then it goes to apple

Screen with spinning mouse and stays there. Can you tell me what can I do to resolve it

• Like 1

I build my own DSDT without applying patches and fix the errors compiled it. No luck

After removing wifi card I manage to get to install screen and currently it is installing. :)

Will update later if there are any issues and steps to fix them

how to clover boot up to OS X automaticaly without hit "enter" key ? when I use chameleon, I use quite boot, it's boot up automaticaly, if I want to boot to Windows I just need press F12, So I wan do this with clover, is it possible ?

how to clover boot up to OS X automaticaly without hit "enter" key ? when I use chameleon, I use quite boot, it's boot up automaticaly, if I want to boot to Windows I just need press F12, So I wan do this with clover, is it possible ?

use clover configurator to change time, or edit config.plist in EFI folder 

• Like 1