{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

USB 3 ports don't work after sleep, if replaced with PXHCD it still have some issues after disconnecting anything from a 2.0 port to a 3.0 port it forces a restart

anybody came across this as well?

For me I have to wait about 3 seconds after sleep for the USB3 ports to resume working, but it's fine. PXHCD is old and unstable (force restart bug), don't use it.

Ok!

Try this version: GenericUSBXHCI.kext.zip

Use the IOUSBFamily and IOUSBMassStorageClass vanilla kexts. Remove PXHCD kext.

Install with KextWizard, repair permissions and rebuild caches, after this run this commands in Terminal:

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions
sudo nvram -c

And don't forget to use kext-dev-mode=1 flag.

You use Clover or Chameleon?

USB 3 ports don't work after sleep, if replaced with PXHCD it still have some issues after disconnecting anything from a 2.0 port to a 3.0 port it forces a restart

anybody came across this as well?

Try from this post kext Yosemite N5110 Files.zip

I successfully installed Yosemite, everything worked smoothly. Will try to triple boot OS X, WIndows and Ubuntu.

Here's my attachment containing my EFI and PostInstall folders, which are based on the PreInstall.zip and PostInstall.zip on 1st post with slight updates and modifications:

• Clover r2939. You can update this later with Clover Configurator.
  • EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched contains my DSDT.aml (disable nVidia) and SSDT-4.aml for Core i5-2410M. Replace them with yours.
  • All kexts in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10 and PostInstall folders (except FakeSMC and CustomPheripherals), are compiled by me from original source codes, using newest XCode 6.1 on Mavericks, targeting 10.10 and only for 10.10.
    • FakeSMC v6.11 are extracted from Hackintosh Vietnam Tool Last Version.
    • All kexts except IOath3kfrmwr are confirmed to work on 10.10 with no problem. I can't test the IOath3kfrmwr because my wireless card is Intel Centrino N-1030, but I think it will work smoothly.
  • Config.plist has:
    • Glitch SecondStage 10.10 patch.
    • kext-dev-mode=1
    • InjectKexts = Detect
    • My MacBookPro8,2 SMBIOS configuration. You should edit the SMBIOS keys with your values.
  • You can use the EFI folder for both the Pre-Installation and Post-Installation tasks.

Though the files in the 1st post still work, I shared with you my file which has things updated. Good luck.  ^_^

NOTE: If you create the USB installer by createinstallmedia, the first stage of installation will stuck for a while at 'a second remaining' :surprised:  Don't click Cancel, just keep patient and wait as the setup prepares the USB for the next stage. -_-  

• Like 1

Ok!

Try this version: attachicon.gifGenericUSBXHCI.kext.zip

Install with KextWizard, repair permissions and rebuild caches, after this run this commands in Terminal:

sudo nvram -c

Tried it but all the 3.0 ports have really odd behaviour.

Sometimes either one of them does not work or sometimes none of them works. Another time I tried to pop in and out 3-4 times a usb stick into a working 3.0 port but then it stopped. Am I the only one with this behaviour?

anyone else who can provide a USBXHCI.kext file for test?

• Like 1

Try from this post kext Yosemite N5110 Files.zip

This one works perfectly, thanks!

But still sometimes one of the two 3.0 ports (the side one) won't work, but if I insert my USB in the back port then re-insert it the side one, it works

Ok!

Try this version: attachicon.gifGenericUSBXHCI.kext.zip

sudo nvram -c

Tried the other one saw it first by luck but I am sure yours would work as well though

And I use Clover

BuI8OU.png

Contents

• Some information you need to know to bypass installation without panic .
  • Bios mod --> latest bios mods for UEFI Unlocking , Native power management and Vesa mode .
  • Pre Install --> preparing your Usb Flash Memory for installation .
  • Post Install --> Finishing installation
  • Customisation --> optional ! .
  • Problems and Solutions .
  • Credits .
  • Updates .

some Info

-you need to know that with OS X we need to make some customisation for every hardware spesfication .

-our notebook have some customisation on cpu , graphics and wireless card .

-so when you going to setup you must to know your cpu name to choose your SSDT-4.aml this table show to OS X the power states that this cpu works with it .

-you need also to use the correct DSDT.aml and Config.plist this is determined by the presence of nVidia Card , AMD Card or not .

-if you are looking for using WIFI on osx the only working card is dell Wireless 1702 card , Replace your one with working one if you don't have .

-intel wireless card won't work also nvidia & AMD GFX Cards won't work don't ask about them . 

-you need to do bios mod it is a must .

Bios Mod

You can find here bios mod LINK

you will find tool to apply bios mod .

• close all programs
  • open tool
  • choose bios file
  • on setup menu choose Program all Blocks
  • press flash
  • wait till finish
  • close program
  • shutdown the notebook .. you done :)

this bios mod contain unblocked UEFI , updated microcode , updated intel vbios with support for vesa mode & patched power management module .

Pre Install

for Pre Install you will need

• Instal OS X ........ .App Get it From App Store .
  • Pre Install Folder LINK .
  • Flash Memory 8 GB or more .
  • watching this Video .

now you ready for installation without any panic or any problem

start setuping :)

For Windows Setup

- boot normally from Window DVD ( don't use UEFI ) and setup as normal

- Later to boot windows just exit Clover or press F12 and choose HDD ( this after we install clover on HDD )

i want to install it can i install it and replace it with maverics 

i have 4 partitions one for partition c for windows 8 - partition D for data - partition for maverics - partition for windows 7

so can i install os x 10.10 instead of maverics??

RESPECT GUYS tnx a lot i have succesfuly installed yosemite :) 

i want to upgrade my hdd to sad guys what should i need to do for this ?

how i can migrate ? and when i migrate does need anything special to do again to work the system ? clover boot etc does work ?

Problems & Solutions

• for VGA connector you need to boot OS X with the VGA cable connected , or connect cable enter sleep then wake up, or use SwitchResX tool.
  • about artifact and freezes if you have  refer here LINK Start read from here ;)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I want to make a presentation on Mac, who can use VGA or HDMI connector?

(I used BIOS mod from Florin9doi and my Mac run smoothly with OS-X Mavericks 10.9.5, and I can use VGA and HDMI connector normal on Windows )

RESPECT GUYS tnx a lot i have succesfuly installed yosemite :)

i want to upgrade my hdd to sad guys what should i need to do for this ?

how i can migrate ? and when i migrate does need anything special to do again to work the system ? clover boot etc does work ?

1. Buy a caddy bay (if you want to keep your old HDD as a secondary drive).

2. Download & read carefully the Inspiron N5110 Repair Manual.

3. Follow the manual to replace the old HDD with your new SSD (you will have to remove your Display and Motherboard, which can be risky). Of course it's better to ask a technician for help.

4. Insert your HDD to caddy bay and replace your DVD drive with the caddy bay (For better look, you can remove the front cover of your DVD drive and attach it to the caddy bay).

And it's better to setup everything from scratch. Prepare your Windows USB and Yosemite USB before replacing your hard drive.

hi
I need some help 
Bios mod flashed 
Pre Install
when i put usb in usb port 2.0 i have this kind of error after 40-50% of loading
and usb port 3.0 after 5 seconds
my usb is 3.0 8G
Thanks

you should use any usb mouse during installation

• Like 1

HI,thanks for all suport.

Yosemete is installed but i don't have  net connection(LAN connection).

i read for kexts but i don't know how to install

some hellp?!

Thanks

EDIT:

I complete with Kext Utillity

Hi,me again

I follow instruction for Post Install

After Clover Boot Option enabling and boot from clover i stack on apple logo with 1/2 loaded 

?????

please hellp

Thanks

Boot OS X from your usb stick and copy all kext from Postinstall folder manually to S/L/E and run kext utility reboot and boot from your hdd without usb stick. Script is bug.

• Like 1

Hi,me again

I follow instruction for Post Install

After Clover Boot Option enabling and boot from clover i stack on apple logo with 1/2 loaded 

?????

please hellp

Thanks

I have same problem and Windows have problem with sound. Please help me.

PS: I change kext injection by Yes then everything work fine :D