{Guide} DELL INSPIRON N5110

Mohamed Khairy

3,315 posts in this topic

Quick question:

Is there still a problem with windows sound when installed using EFI?

Are there any other problems with EFI?

I'm planning on switching to UEFI and updating to win 8.1 if everything is working as it should.

I believe that this is normal in OSX. Even the macs turn off their screen when the brightness is set to min.

Yes I know. But it decreasing brightness to 0 when I press Fn+F4 only once. Therefore I have decrease brightness  from system settings :( . 

Quick question:

I'm planning on switching to UEFI and updating to win 8.1 if everything is working as it should.

Ive been jumping back here now and then reading up, there has been no fix to the windows audio issue that Im aware of.. somebody else may know different?

Quick question:

AFAIK there are no other issues and the sound problem has no fix yet.

Florin9doi said that multiple Dell Sandy Bridge laptops had this issue, but it was fixed only for the more expensive laptops. One possible fix would be to port the edits of the E6420 bios (A04 to A05) to our BIOS.

Does anybody have issues with the VGA port on Yosemite? It worked fine on Mavericks, but on Yosemite it doesn't send signal to my monitor if the resolution is set to 1280x1024, but works fine for 1024x768.

• Like 1

Hi guys

I am using usb wifi TL-WN823N in the past i didnt had any problems its all ok but in this days i have connection problem i am disconnecting every minute even when in the wireless network utility app shows connected but i didnt have internet and in the system preferences in network tab i see its not connected what is the problem can someone help me plz :(

Hi!

Where can I get latest patched BIOS with updated CPU microcodes, VESA mode but not UEFI unlocked?

Reverted to some ver. without VESA mode from not working audio UEFI ver. and have not native resolution during boot.

Hi!

Where can I get latest patched BIOS with updated CPU microcodes, VESA mode but not UEFI unlocked?

Reverted to some ver. without VESA mode from not working audio UEFI ver. and have not native resolution during boot.

You can use a UEFI unlocked bios in the same way as a not unlocked one, with a MBR HDD

hi mr mohamed khairey

i ve seen your guide on how to instal mac long time back and was so helpfull

recently i decide to try using some of the mac distro i have collected in last 5 years

i was surprised that is my ( dell n5110 core i7 ) was compatible with the hackintosh easily espicially 10.7 lion

now after installing 10.10 yosmite i face some kernell panics ?

the strange thing is that this problem not happens regullary but some times only

may be after reset will disappear ?

wat is this?

any suggistion how to solve?

i am using niresh distro

https://kickass.so/os-x-yosemite-10-10-t9720579.html

i restore it to usb with trans mac

install succefull

i use your post install folder

thats all

thank u in advance

hi mr mohamed khairey

i ve seen your guide on how to instal mac long time back and was so helpfull

recently i decide to try using some of the mac distro i have collected in last 5 years

i was surprised that is my ( dell n5110 core i7 ) was compatible with the hackintosh easily espicially 10.7 lion

now after installing 10.10 yosmite i face some kernell panics ?

the strange thing is that this problem not happens regullary but some times only

may be after reset will disappear ?

wat is this?

any suggistion how to solve?

i am using niresh distro

https://kickass.so/os-x-yosemite-10-10-t9720579.html

i restore it to usb with trans mac

install succefull

i use your post install folder

thats all

thank u in advance

follow the guide properly, not using a distro.

• Like 1

I installed Windows 7 in UEFI mode via Clover while BIOS was legacy.

If I'll update BIOS again to UEFI one, could I boot to Clover in legacy mode and get UEFI from Clover?

P.S. Those screen glitches are annoying. My friend has N7110 with 1600*900 screen - no glitches at all. I think the glitches go from LCD type or it's a single-link LVDS issue.

P.P.S. There is no sound in Windows nor in OS X as well... on UEFI-unlocked BIOS in it's UEFI mode.

Nobody cares. You can install legacy windows on a uefi system.

I am sure I failed that, nearly certain partition list never showed any entries unless the HDD was fully empty before the installation procedure

I installed Windows 7 in UEFI mode via Clover while BIOS was legacy.

If I'll update BIOS again to UEFI one, could I boot to Clover in legacy mode and get UEFI from Clover?

P.S. Those screen glitches are annoying. My friend has N7110 with 1600*900 screen - no glitches at all. I think the glitches go from LCD type or it's a single-link LVDS issue.

P.P.S. There is no sound in Windows nor in OS X as well... on UEFI-unlocked BIOS in it's UEFI mode.

we talked about that in maybe pages 20-30, connector type is the issue, even some of our laptop's model have another LVDS id that had no artifacts, solution was to change it or use switchresx

sound in os x is definetly a kext issue, but for windows, it must be installed in legacy mode for sound to work

you may use hybrid MBR as I do, or perhaps figure out a way to install it simultaneosly along with UEFI os x

also there is a weird thing happen when i press Fn+F4 to decrease brightness, when i hit Fn+F4 once it keeps decrease brightness to lowest level! and after that the Fn+F4 or Fn+F5 not work until restart the system!

Same problemo no solutions :(