Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 is Available!

Eiszeit

140 posts in this topic

Had no problems with the update to 10.7.2.

But I can't login to icloud. It says the apple-id is correct but I can't connect to icloud. :(

With iphone and ipad there are no problems.

Use the same apple-id with the itunes-store.

any suggestions?

Great news for those who is having the issue with the ApplePolicyControl.kext. I've worked around this problem for whole day and i finally have a cure for it. :(

But first thing is that you need another working OSX (10.6 or 10.7) on another disk. If you have one, boot into it, run the 10.7.2 combo upd, change destination to osx Lion disk that you want to update, wait for it's done.

After that go to the S/L/E on osx Lion disk, find AppleGraphicsControl.kext drag it to the desktop. On the desktop, right click on AGC.kext show package contents, go to Plugin and delete the ApplePolicyControl.kext. Drag Drop it back to S/L/E, repair permission and boot back to yours Lion. And now you can enjoy iCloud :)

Great, AppleFan91 :(

You saved my day (...s ...weeks ...months ...).

Had just the same KPs during all (beta) 10.7.2 installations.

Thanks for sharing, buddy.

Greetings

Tom

Mobo: Gigabyte EP45-UD3LR

Installed through check update, rebooted and couldn't boot into it.

Realized that I forgot to deal with ATI4800Controller, added 0x94421002 for my good old 4850, rebooted and still stuck...

Gonna try verbose and safe mode once again. Brb.

Great news for those who is having the issue with the ApplePolicyControl.kext. I've worked around this problem for whole day and i finally have a cure for it. :)

But first thing is that you need another working OSX (10.6 or 10.7) on another disk. If you have one, boot into it, run the 10.7.2 combo upd, change destination to osx Lion disk that you want to update, wait for it's done.

After that go to the S/L/E on osx Lion disk, find AppleGraphicsControl.kext drag it to the desktop. On the desktop, right click on AGC.kext show package contents, go to Plugin and delete the ApplePolicyControl.kext. Drag Drop it back to S/L/E, repair permission and boot back to yours Lion. And now you can enjoy iCloud :P

The solution for the ApplePolicyControl.kext issue that you worked all day on is simply to delete it? :( Ingenious.

Installed it and after reboot I'm stuck at boot screen. No kernel panic or anything, simply stopped after DSMOS has arrived text and can't boot.

Tried -x -f -F tried to switch to onboard vga and disable onboard lan and audo but nothing helps.

At the moment i'm stuck and have no working OS on my desktop.

any ideas?

This update was an adventure and a half. I've had similar issues to others in this thread. First a kernel panic while installing the 10.7.2 combo update and then system failed to load.

A little about my system:

Gigabyte EX58-UD4P

i7 920 2.66GHz (over clocked to 3.5)

Sapphire 4850 1gig

I use the files in bertmannaustria's guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;mode=threaded with a couple of changes:

Changed in org.chameleon.Boot.plist

<key>UseKernelCache</key>

<string>Yes</string>

to 'No'

(I'm not sure what this setting does but if set to 'Yes' my computer will be stuck at the apple logo with a spinning wheel.)

+ legacyATI4800.kext

I did a clean install of lion then installed the 10.7.2 combo which installed fine this time but once I installed chameleon, kexts etc. found in bertmannaustria's gide I would get a kernal pannic starting up (see BigPines "safe" screenshot). After a long process of elimination I found a simple solution.

Solution

In smbios.plist change

<key>SMcputype</key>

<string>1281</string>

To

<key>SMboardproduct</key>

<string>Mac-F221BEC8</string>

I also updated to chameleon 2.1 r1496 (and the boot file r1496 installed) and the latest Lnx2Mac Realtek RTL81xx driver in the process but that had no relation to the fix. Now it's working as it was with 10.7 and 10.7.1. My audio layout isn't right still but that's an issue with bertmannaustrias guide and I'm not sure how to fix it but for now I have to plug my speakers into the centre speaker out. iCloud also works fine. Sleep is working too.

There was an issue at first with iCloud, genius in iTunes and the App Store but that was as simple as deleting Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist , restarting, then opening System Preferences / Network , deleting the connections listed and re-adding Ethernet.

I have no idea about why this simple key change worked so it would be cool if anyone can shed some light on that.

Hope this solution helped.

-Ian

nvidia 9800GTX+ vga not working. rebooted and blank screen after the verbose boot. :\

i forgot my exact implementation on how i made it work, but i believe it was just graphicsenabler from chameleon.

I have the same problem running a 9800GTX+ and was wondering if anyone had found a solution to the display going to sleep. I'm pretty sure my computer is still running (I don't have sound, but I can get the CD-ROM drive to open).

I have a Gigabyte EP45-DS3L motherboard and have my video card settings through DSDT (following blackosx's thread here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=180954). I tried GraphicsEnabler in Chameleon but that didn't help. Do I have to edit my DSDT file for this to work? Or can I simply just add that string in my com.apple.Boot.plist file?

Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Updated to 10.7.2 with no issues. Everything runs fine. I just need to fix my audio and re-enable my QE-CI on my card since netkas said it will need to be done. Also, I used the FaceTime fix in 10.7.1 and that seems to have let me log into iCloud without any issues.

Don't use Mac-94245B3640C91C81 as your SMboardproduct in smbios.plist

I have since generated a real product ID. That may help with iCloud (I suspect it will) but it didn't solve this problem.

Thanks anyway.

Great news for those who is having the issue with the ApplePolicyControl.kext. I've worked around this problem for whole day and i finally have a cure for it. :(

After that go to the S/L/E on osx Lion disk, find AppleGraphicsControl.kext drag it to the desktop. On the desktop, right click on AGC.kext show package contents, go to Plugin and delete the ApplePolicyControl.kext. Drag Drop it back to S/L/E, repair permission and boot back to yours Lion. And now you can enjoy iCloud :)

Thank you very much! This solved my KP! I suspect the tip from Wanna Hack would have worked too but I liked this one better so I tried it first. Everything seems to be working but I haven't had time to really put it through it's paces and benchmark the system. I am curious why this caused a problem. I'd rather not have to modify this kext every time I upgrade from here on out. Any ideas?

Mike

The solution for the ApplePolicyControl.kext issue that you worked all day on is simply to delete it? :( Ingenious.

Hey, don't knock it. I worked on my problem for a whole day but I didn't know where the ApplePolicyControl was so I didn't even get as far as deleting it. Without this tip, I would still be frustrated and looking for a solution.

Mike

Anyone know how to get audio working? I have ALC888, I am using APPLEHDA.kext, but it isn't working. Any suggestions?

Mine is ALC888 too, working perfectly. You should use HDA Wizard to patch your AppleHDA.kext. It's very simple, you just need to add platform.xml and layout888.xml to the HDA Wizard and then BinPatch . Everything you need i've attached below. Enjoy :angry:

I have since generated a real product ID. That may help with iCloud (I suspect it will) but it didn't solve this problem.

Hi, can you show me how to generate real mac product ID in order to make iCloud works.

ALC888_Fix_.zip

Mine is ALC888 too, working perfectly. You should use HDA Wizard to patch your AppleHDA.kext. It's very simple, you just need to add platform.xml and layout888.xml to the HDA Wizard and then BinPatch . Everything you need i've attached below. Enjoy :angry:

Thank you! I will try this out now and see if it works.