Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 is Available!

Eiszeit

140 posts in this topic

In my case the update broke my graphics. I have a GTS450 1024MB which is detected but my display doesn't.

I have a pretty 26inch blank screen.

Fortunanetly I have logmein installed and can "use" the computer through my cell phone. And I can check my graphics card is detected but my displey doesn't.

I tried with a DVI cable (was using DVI to HDMI) and no luck. The weird part is that I didn't use any ketxs before, just DSDT edit and no graphicsenabler.

Can someone help me and upload the 10.7.1 nvidia kexts???? Please????

Thanks for your help!

Cheers!

In my case the update broke my graphics. I have a GTS450 1024MB which is detected but my display doesn't.

I have a pretty 26inch blank screen.

Fortunanetly I have logmein installed and can "use" the computer through my cell phone. And I can check my graphics card is detected but my displey doesn't.

I tried with a DVI cable (was using DVI to HDMI) and no luck. The weird part is that I didn't use any ketxs before, just DSDT edit and no graphicsenabler.

Can someone help me and upload the 10.7.1 nvidia kexts???? Please????

Thanks for your help!

Cheers!

same here, all i had on hand was the 10.7.0 dmg so those are the kexts in this zip. i put all the kexts i could find that i would of thought would be related to the drivers. most of them are probably not necessary but i wasn't sure.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sl5vhnkakn366gp

nvidia 9800GTX+ vga not working. rebooted and blank screen after the verbose boot. :\

i forgot my exact implementation on how i made it work, but i believe it was just graphicsenabler from chameleon.

Latest chameleon GraphicsEnabler=Yes works just fine on mine.

EVGA 9800GTX+ w/ DVIx2, one DVI, one VGA/DVI converter; dual monitor setup.

VoodooHDA, PS2, all power management and other kexts did not need to be rolled back. Thankfully USB and other stuff remained untouched.

Can confirm it's safe to upgrade but as usual be ready for bad stuff.

?

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

10.7.2 does not change this from 10.7.1.

HP Z600 workstation. Upgrade process went fine, reboot failed. Intel AHCI driver info.plist changed. Had to boot my original install USB flash drive into the installer, and re-add the entry for the Intel AHCI RAID controller (Apple only has the IO id for the non-raid version). Once I added in the correct entry, it booted fine and I'm now using 10.7.2.

>> used ' Reversioner11C73Client.pkg '

I was too fast and clean this out. Would someone put this in the net, please.

T

-.-

ps. Golden Master not seems to be any more "Golden Master".

same here, all i had on hand was the 10.7.0 dmg so those are the kexts in this zip. i put all the kexts i could find that i would of thought would be related to the drivers. most of them are probably not necessary but i wasn't sure.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sl5vhnkakn366gp

Thanks but I finally solved removing my card's info from the DSDT and then using GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

That gave me my display back but the performance was SLOW as hell, so I solved editing the AGPM kext and everything's fine now.

I'm using a GTS 450.

Cheers!

after update to 10.7.2 on a GA-EX58-UD5 i had to boot into my second 10.7.0 clone and rerun "hachinstaller" by DigitalDreamer <- THANX :)

then i reinstalled chimera & all kext!

now everything is working fine :P

...maybe it will help somebody

greetz

Thanks but I finally solved removing my card's info from the DSDT and then using GraphicsEnabler=Yes.

That gave me my display back but the performance was SLOW as hell, so I solved editing the AGPM kext and everything's fine now.

I'm using a GTS 450.

Cheers!

what exactly did you edit in AGPM?

10.7.2 on all 64bit hackmacs - All Clear

That includes:

H55M-S2V (Corei3)

X58A (Corei7)

H67M (Corei3 Sandy)

P45 (Core2) Laptop

D975XBX1 (Core2)

Of course, some kext backups were necessary for audio and ethernet.

For Counterstrike players:

You must remove - AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext

From S/L/E/

and use kext wizard to repair and rebuild caches.

Or you will have some nasty lag. I must note, graphics on Steam games seemed to get worse with this update.

Heads Up.

Prof. Synthology

I need a help here. The KP appear during the installation of 10.7.2 update, it shows that the problem is ApplePolicyControl(i don't remember exactly). I have done a clean install of Lion and the KP happen again with the 10.7.2 update and the same errors . My sig is EP43-UD3L, Q9550, EVGA GTX 460, ALC888, DSDT by Auto-Patcher, working fine in 10.7 and 10.7.1.

I need a help here. The KP appear during the installation of 10.7.2 update, it shows that the problem is ApplePolicyControl(i don't remember exactly). I have done a clean install of Lion and the KP happen again with the 10.7.2 update and the same errors . My sig is EP43-UD3L, Q9550, EVGA GTX 460, ALC888, DSDT by Auto-Patcher, working fine in 10.7 and 10.7.1.

Having the same problem here! Worked fine on 10.7 and 10.7.1, but I keep getting KP during install (both combo update and software update). Actually it made it through the combo update install once, but then KP on restart. I keep doing clean installs trying to figure it out, but no luck so far... very frustrating!

Looking for some help form the experts. I was fine under 10.7.1 and the install seemed to go fine for 10.7.2 but I can't boot into it. Uploaded images of where it stops in verbose and the KP in safe. Any ideas?

Yep, I have the same KP as yours but it appear in the middle of the 10.7.2 installation process, after reboot my hack become unbootable :) .

Latest Chameleon Trunk (R1618) with Facetime/iCloud fix is in this post:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...0&start=100

Read the warning, or ignore it (but don't complain to me when it breaks something :P): Not for use on RAID setups.

10.7.2 on all 64bit hackmacs - All Clear

That includes:

H55M-S2V (Corei3)

X58A (Corei7)

H67M (Corei3 Sandy)

P45 (Core2) Laptop

D975XBX1 (Core2)

Of course, some kext backups were necessary for audio and ethernet.

For Counterstrike players:

You must remove - AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext

From S/L/E/

and use kext wizard to repair and rebuild caches.

Or you will have some nasty lag. I must note, graphics on Steam games seemed to get worse with this update.

Heads Up.

Prof. Synthology

I noticed an improvement in Source myself (TF2/L4D2 ;P)

(Offtopic) And Source for Mac is buggy as hell. wish they'd sort out the Steam client too... Ah well...

Looking for some help form the experts. I was fine under 10.7.1 and the install seemed to go fine for 10.7.2 but I can't boot into it. Uploaded images of where it stops in verbose and the KP in safe. Any ideas?

VERBOSE:post-596380-1318477540_thumb.jpg

SAFE:post-596380-1318477524_thumb.jpg

I had the same issue with EP43-UD3L using Cartri BIOS.

Here's what you need to do.

Remove the AppleGraphicsControl.kext (version 3.0.16) from S/L/E by booting in single user mode, from another drive, etc. Just remove that kext!

Boot into 10.7.2 with -v -f flags. The system will bring you to the Finder.

My system seemed like it was working fine -- graphics, sound (had to reinstall patched applehda), network, etc.

Since I don't know the long-term repercussion of not having AppleGraphicsControl.kext and don't really have the time to deal with it, I put a backup copy from the previous version (3.0.8) in S/L/E manually.

Reboot. And it works!

Oh, if you're looking for the old version, someone on the previous page thread posted 10.7 kexts.

Good luck you eager-smeager-early-adopter!

And let us know if this worked out for you.

I have the same mobo as you and same KP issue too, but the KP appear during the 10.7.2 install, not after the reboot. I try to delete the AppleGraphicControl.kext and boot with -v -f and even with -x, there is no longer KP but the boot still stuck like the first image of BigPines. I use DSDT from the auto-patcher which works fine under 10.7 and 10.7.. Any idea.