What network cards work?

Dartamis

613 posts in this topic

Get your Linksys WMP54GS working,

I'm really pleased, I just sussed out how to get Airport working as well, by editing the IO80211Family.kext file. If you are interested, Show package contents/Plugins then in my case as I had a Broadcom Linksys card open Apple AirportBrcm4311.kext show package contents/Contents then open info .plist with text editor and enter your device id of your PCI card over one of those already in there, for example:

<key>Broadcom 802.11 PCI</key>

<dict>

<key>APRoamThresh</key>

<integer>-91</integer>

<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>

<string>com.apple.driver.AirPortBrcm43xx</string>

<key>IOClass</key>

<string>AirPort_Brcm43xx</string>

<key>IOMatchCategory</key>

<string>IODefaultMatchCategory</string>

<key>IONameMatch</key>

<array>

<string>pci14e4,4328</string>

<string>pci14e4,4329</string>

<string>pci14e4,432a</string>

<string>pci14e4,4311</string>

<string>pci14e4,4312</string>

<string>pci14e4,4313</string>

<string>pci14e4,4318</string>

<string>pci14e4,431a</string>

My device id is 4318, so I overwrote 4319 with this info. Did all this in root, then repaired permissions just to be on the safe side, rebooted and open Network properties, Bang - New port detected, you know what to do from there!

If you need/want to do this it works a treat.

• 2 weeks later...

The Linksys WMP 300n PCI wireless n card is plug and go with the new Airport 2007 update that Apple posted yesterday This adds support for new Atheros chips. You may have to redo any edititing that you had performed to get any other pci network cards going though.

Linksys_Wireless_N_PCI_Adapter_WMP300N__6488013.jpg

atheroswirelessn.jpeg

It is still only 54g until Apple presumably release their driver enableing n

Edited by poodle2118

I need help please! fast help...i have teh WG511T netgear card...can any1 help me fix this..it doesnt show up in macx86

im running Mac OSX x86 10.4.7

during installation i picked wireless patch..was i supposed to pick that? if i wasnt how do i get rid of it..

Trendnet TEW-623PI N-Draft works out of the box. I used a IO80211Family.kext from a MacBook C2D running 10.4.8. No Airport update! Replaced the old one, repaired permissions, and rebooted to a working AirPort. Here is the info from System Profiler:Software:Extensions.

Version: 2.1.1

Last Modified: 1/26/07 10:27 PM

Get Info String: 2.1.1, Copyright © 2006 Apple Computer, Inc., All Rights Reserved

Location: /System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros.kext

kext Version: 211.2

Load Address: 0x3c66f000

Valid: Yes

Authentic: Yes

Dependencies: Incomplete

Dependency Errors:

com.apple.iokit.IO80211Family: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kpi.bsd: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kpi.iokit: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kpi.libkern: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kpi.mach: No valid version of this dependency can be found

com.apple.kpi.unsupported: No valid version of this dependency can be found

Integrity: Kext has no receipt

my mobo is Gigabyte M55SLI-S4. it has Marvel 88E1116 Gigabit Ethernet Controller onboard. Can someone tell me which driver should I use. I'm using 10.4.6 right now. currently im using skge.kext.02d and it's not working. The ethernet in the network system preference can be ticked but cannot connect to internet.

Thx in advance.

Edited by adbradwell

I compiled the Tulip 1.20 driver under 10.4.8 (Semthex 8.8.1), and set the permissions with chown and chmod, but it doesn't load at boot time. I have to use kextload to get it to show up in System Profiler every time I boot. I've attached the compiled version, below.

Also, no luck recognizing Linksys 10/100 Etherfast (PCMPC200), or Linksys Homenet Phoneline (PCMPC100H1). Anyone know which chipset these use?

tulip120.zip

I gave up on the Linksys cards and took advantage of CompUSA's 21-day return policy to test a NetGear GA511 Gigabit PC Card. Pleasant surprise -- it was recognized without Tulip loaded under both 10.4.6 and 10.4.8 (using IONetworkingFamily.kext v. 1.50) My bet is that the Netgear FA511 (10/100) may also work without Tulip.

• 2 weeks later...
Replaced Intel 2200BG with Dell Truemobile 1450 with Broadcom chipset. New card works out of box, OS X identifies card as "AirPort Extreme". I can recommend this MiniPCI WLAN card to anyone who wants working wireless. It is also very cheap, got it for $20 from eBay.

Exactly what I've done: swapped Intel 2100 for pre-owned 1450 from eBay! Works fine under XP.

But OS X doesn't recognize it - how do I reinstall the driver, or should I reinstall OS X for that to work? :)

Marc

Edited by barchetta

I have the Broadcom 57xx on a Dell Latitude D600 and it does work. Sort of. Sometimes it works on boot up, sometimes it doesn't. When it does work, it tends to conk out after 5-10 minutes or so, but it has worked enough to bring up a page or two on the internet. Not sure why it is flakey.

I have the same Dell Optiplex GX280 mentioned earlier (thankfully with a second pci network card). I think certain 57xx cards work, but I think the 5751 does not. Do you know which 57xx card you have in the D600 specifically? Maybe we can clear up the confusion about which ones work and which don't.

Siemens PCI Wlan Card 54 works now full nativ ;) , after 3 days searching, searching searching. This thread http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=41663 is great, i have used IO80211Family.kext and IOPCIFamily.kext and IONetworking. kext, but i think the first and the second is enough. Chipset is broadcom , in windows is shown as 4240,

IO80211Family.kext.zip

IONetworkingFamily.kext.zip

IOPCIFamily_1.kext.zip

IOPCIFamily_1.kext.zip

Edited by haribo

I know for the Broadcomm 570X, it all depends on which patch you are running.  My 5701 worked perfect (once I did some tweaking) on 10.4.6.  I updated to 10.4.8 and now it's toast.  According to OSX86project.org 57XX is not supported by 10.4.8.  I am hoping that it should be fixable, by someone with far more skill than I....So if your out there HELP!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Intel Pro 1000CT on a Toshiba Tecra M2.

Worked flawlessly with the Jas 10.4.8 iso with sse2/sse3/intel/amd.

Now to get the onboard FX5200. Each time i use any of the installers it breaks requesting a restart upon boot.