[Guide] Dell XPS 15 L502X (Early 2011) Snow Leopard Install (possibly L702x too)

wen1

3,030 posts in this topic

My Geekbench score has been arround 7500 (Lion + i7-2670, 8GbRam, 2 Gb video, 750 Gb + 3TS_SSDT)

My question is that in win 7 I got arround 9500, this means that my laptop runs better win than macOS??

Is there any difference between installing SpeedStep with Doix's pakage 6 and installing it the manual way (1. Follow those instructions SpeedStepper including the MSRDumper kext (LOAD IT FROM THE TERMINAL DO NOT INSTALL IN EXTENSIONS))

If install with Doix's package, have I got to incluide MSRDumper kext or is it included?? (I try to install it after using Doix's package and the terminal says that file/directory not found)

I also had problems updating to 10.7.3 (I have had to reinstall it all, nevermind)

Thanks.

I also had problems updating to 10.7.3 (I have had to reinstall it all, nevermind)

did you follow instructions from DoiX tutorial? That is to replace the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and rebuild caches / repair permissions?

With me no problems at all installing 10.7.3

(I only had to replace the audio kexts to make audio work again)

And what speedstep should I use?? or how can I know what version of AICPUPM I have??

SpeedStepper v1.2 for Lion 10.7.0 & 10.7.1

Only works with AICPUPM v166.0.0 (64bit)

zip.gif speed_stepper_lion_gm.zip 1.89K 2575 downloads

SpeedStepper v1.2 for Lion 10.7.2 (beta)

Only works with AICPUPM v167.0.0 (64bit)

zip.gif speed_stepper_lion_1072.zip 1.89K 3151

Hey, anyone else realized that the system freezes sometimes? Especially when under heavy / moderate use. Happened to me twice when using Skype video call and browsing, surfing the internet (though actually compared to a heavy calculation for video decompressing or ps5 with some filters and tiff thats nothing :P )

I use the 9States and "reproduced" the freezing twice consecutively and once another time...

Is it the temperature? Skype? Or something else? :D

Hey, anyone else realized that the system freezes sometimes? Especially when under heavy / moderate use. Happened to me twice when using Skype video call and browsing, surfing the internet (though actually compared to a heavy calculation for video decompressing or ps5 with some filters and tiff thats nothing :P )

I use the 9States and "reproduced" the freezing twice consecutively and once another time...

Is it the temperature? Skype? Or something else? :D

Try the 3 power state.

I use skype/facetime regularly and haven't experienced this issue.

I have however experienced occasionaly safari freezes, but this may be related to the content i'm viewing (Filthy adult stuff)

• Like 1

I'm not able to install speedstepp. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

I use Doix v6 and just choose 3TS_SSDT.

I open termina and I type

sudo (drag the file speed_steepper_lion_1072)System/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

(enter the password)

The answer is:

SpeedStepper v1.2 - © flAked 2011

for AICPUPM v167.0.0 - Lion 10.7.2

unable to open file, try running as root

: No such file or directory

I have also installed again AICPUPM, I don't know if the right version. i have also installed 10.7.3, I hope this is not an inconvenient.

Can you help me??

I guess my problem is that I do not have the right AICPUPM.kext v167.0.0?? Can someone send it to me or let me know how to get it.

Thanks.

I notice you didn't type the space bar after dragging the speedstep file and the file path is incorrect :

I open termina and I type

sudo (drag the file speed_steepper_lion_1072)System/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

(enter the password)

The answer is:

SpeedStepper v1.2 - © flAked 2011

for AICPUPM v167.0.0 - Lion 10.7.2

unable to open file, try running as root

: No such file or directory

Rename the speedstepper file to "Speedstep" (without "...") and copy it (with the new name) to your OS X installation disk root (where you have "System", "Extra", ...). Then type it in your terminal :

sudo /Speedstep /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement

Then enter your password and this would work!

Try the 3 power state.

I use skype/facetime regularly and haven't experienced this issue.

I have however experienced occasionaly safari freezes, but this may be related to the content i'm viewing (Filthy adult stuff)

I was told some posts earlier the 3 states might be a bit problematic for some users, thats why i used the 9 states. Could the freezing be related to my speedstepper not working correctly? Thus the CPU overheating or something?

I was told some posts earlier the 3 states might be a bit problematic for some users, thats why i used the 9 states. Could the freezing be related to my speedstepper not working correctly? Thus the CPU overheating or something?

What? The SSDT files are made for i7 processors, more exactly the quad core versions 2630QM and 2635QM, if you're processor is exactly the same as one from a macbook pro 8 model then you don't need them. You only need EnablePStates=Yes and EnablerCStates=Yes (first handles power states second handles power conservation aka sleep)

What? The SSDT files are made for i7 processors, more exactly the quad core versions 2630QM and 2635QM, if you're processor is exactly the same as one from a macbook pro 8 model then you don't need them. You only need EnablePStates=Yes and EnablerCStates=Yes (first handles power states second handles power conservation aka sleep)

I do have an i7, the 2720QM. Dont know if is the exact one used in the MBP.

EDIT: Just saw it is the one used in the MBP.

If I would only have to use EnablePStates=Yes, should i usebit as a bootflag and remove the installed ssdt files?and also the speedstepper (which i anyway didnt really get to run i think and just stays on my desktop)?

Quick question guys, I got 10.7.3 installed on my machine and I am currently running into 2 problems.

First, none of my USB ports are working. Whenever I insert a wireless network adapter into them nothing happens and when I insert a USB flash drive into one the OS crashes and I have to restart.

Second, I am having a boot0:error and have to boot using Rbootle every time. I found some info on how to fix it but it's not very intuitive where some of these files are supposed to be located.

Any ideas?

I have the same problem, kernel panic when attach an external drive to USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 does't fully work, same error with Boot0:error, I'v tried to reinstall Chimera, to change it with Chameleon, NOTHING HAPPENED.... I can Boot by using rBoot LE.... and need to apply GraphicsEnabler=No or it doesn't Boot.

I followed this instruction http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFirQxxwfD8 Now I have Boot0:Done instead of Boot0:Error but nothing more happens.

You have GUID instead of MBR... i'm sure of this :) kernel panics with usb ports is related to DSDT, you either don't have one or you don't have a l502x model.

Trust me! I have an XPS L502X bought last week check yourself if you don't trust me. the internal HDD has MBR flag (Windows is saying this, Gparted is saying this, Lion is saying this) and this is not the first time I Install OS X Lion-Snow Leopard on a PC... But this time I can't understand what's the problem