Asus P8P67 Pro install guide

Guest ^Andy^

663 posts in this topic

Hello!

I was wondering if you guys (especially Andy) could help me out with a little problem I'm having. I used your tutorial and got everything working with the exception of the surround sound, but that's not something I'm interested in, so I don't really care about that.

Let me first mention that this is a triple-booted system on one hard drive, and also my first Hackintosh. All the operating systems (Windows, Snow Leopard, and Ubuntu) are working. However, in order to get to this stage, I needed to install grub2 as my one and only bootloader. No problem, though: it's still running.

Here's the issue: when I switched from Chameleon to grub, SL's system clock slowed down so much that it takes 6 realtime seconds for the clock to tick forward one. The real reason that this is a major issue is that all of the system animations have slowed down that much as well! So it takes like 5 seconds to minimize a window to the Dock, a full second or two for menus to fade away, etc.

Any ideas?

And, TeamDCPX, I greatly apologize for interrupting your conversation with Andy. I'm heading off to college in about 10 days, and if I don't get this problem solved by then, I doubt I'd have the time to work on it then.

Thank you all very much in advance!

Unfortunately I know absolutely nothing about grub so I can't really offer you anything useful ;)

Ok so everything was working fine on my P8P67 Pro i2600k system. I transfered a {censored}-ton of files(documents, music, mkvs, apps, etc) and i also installed iLife '09 and updated them, which did not require a restart. Now the audio doesnt work through either the line out on the back or on the top of my case. Both were working fine before and System Profiler shows everything it should for audio. Audio still works fine when using Splashtop Remote Desktop through my iPad or Screen Sharing through my MBP. What did i do and how do i fix it? Please help!

First off I don't use an Nvidia card so cannot verify if this will work or not but take a look at the last post in this thread https://discussions.apple.com/thread/278692...=0&tstart=0 it may help :(

I can say that the thread ^Andy^ linked to allowed me to install the nVidia drivers in order to get my GTX460 up and running. The install script will fail, so you need to open up the .dmg and open the .pkg with "Show Package Contents" drill into the Contents folder and install the driver binaries one at a time. I also did the pre and post installation scripts, but I'm not sure if they were absolutely necessary or not. Afterward, I ran a kext repair, again not sure if necessary or not. Now everything's working as it should.

whats the last line you see if you boot with -f -v

Hey Andy.

I entered the command you gave me and im uploading my results as a picture so you have exactly what you need to better help my problem. If there is any more information you may need please let me know. I did notice towards the bottom of the screen that it mentioned an error, something about the EFI-ROM and hda-gfx. Im somewhat new to OSx86 so maybe you could read this and have a better understanding.

That error got slightly cut off so here it is:

Sound assertion ""ERROR: EFI ROM did not publish 'hda-gfx' associative property!\n"" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-1

99.4.12/AppleHDA/AppleHDACodeGeneric.cpp" at line 353 goto ExitError

Sound assertion ""ERROR: EFI ROM did not publish 'hda-gfx' associative property!\n"" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-1

And then under those errors there was one that might be cut off:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugIn: :Start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

Thanks Again

TeamDCPX

post-861697-1314215408_thumb.png

Hey Andy.

I entered the command you gave me and im uploading my results as a picture so you have exactly what you need to better help my problem. If there is any more information you may need please let me know. I did notice towards the bottom of the screen that it mentioned an error, something about the EFI-ROM and hda-gfx. Im somewhat new to OSx86 so maybe you could read this and have a better understanding.

That error got slightly cut off so here it is:

And then under those errors there was one that might be cut off:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugIn: :Start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

Thanks Again

TeamDCPX

You can ignore the hda-gfx and applehda errors for now because they shouldnt stop the machine from booting. Looks to me like its hanging trying to start the desktop. Can you remind me again exactly what hardware you have please - ie gpu etc.

You can ignore the hda-gfx and applehda errors for now because they shouldnt stop the machine from booting. Looks to me like its hanging trying to start the desktop. Can you remind me again exactly what hardware you have please - ie gpu etc.

Sure no problem...

MOBO- Asus P8P67 Pro Rev.B3

GPU- Ati Radeon 5770

CPU- i7 2600s Quad Core

PSU- Corsair 750

Hope that Helped :rolleyes:

Sure no problem...

MOBO- Asus P8P67 Pro Rev.B3

GPU- Ati Radeon 5770

CPU- i7 2600s Quad Core

PSU- Corsair 750

Hope that Helped :rolleyes:

Thanks - this is odd the 5770 should just work. Can you check the device and vendor id for me? Also have you messed with anything or is this just a clean install?

Also which port is monitor connected to? DVI, HDMI etc?

Thanks - this is odd the 5770 should just work. Can you check the device and vendor id for me? Also have you messed with anything or is this just a clean install?

Also which port is monitor connected to? DVI, HDMI etc?

Sure no problem at all. And yes this was a clean install. Followed your instructions on first page just with BootCD v.4

And sorry if this a a stupid question, how would i get you the Device and Vendor id's ?

And Video is connected via HDMI

Audio Connected via Optical

Sure no problem at all. And yes this was a clean install. Followed your instructions on first page just with BootCD v.4

And sorry if this a a stupid question, how would i get you the Device and Vendor id's ?

And Video is connected via HDMI

Audio Connected via Optical

Can you connect via the top dvi port just as a test?

Can you connect via the top dvi port just as a test?

I connected via Top DVI and still was stuck at Spinwheel Screen. Now i forgot to mention that i did edit the plist file and Changed the value of 'GraphicsEnabler=Yes' Would that have any effect on a DVI video connection opposed to the HDMI ?

Still hangs on Spinwheel but can still get to deskstop via Safemode(-x). Its confusing me that i can get to desktop via safemode but not normal boot. And one more note is that i had no problem booting before 10.6.7 update and P8P67 pkg. But was left with no internet and no other services. Dont know if any of that helps...

I connected via Top DVI and still was stuck at Spinwheel Screen. Now i forgot to mention that i did edit the plist file and Changed the value of 'GraphicsEnabler=Yes' Would that have any effect on a DVI video connection opposed to the HDMI ?

Still hangs on Spinwheel but can still get to deskstop via Safemode(-x). Its confusing me that i can get to desktop via safemode but not normal boot. And one more note is that i had no problem booting before 10.6.7 update and P8P67 pkg. But was left with no internet and no other services. Dont know if any of that helps...

Sounds very strange - Im off for the night in a minute but try booting in safemode, open finder, navigate to System\Library\Caches and delete ALL of the files in that folder.

Reboot and select -f -v as a boot flags and see what happens

Hi All n Andy,

Everything works in Lion except sleep which I have not addressed.

Strange thing is GraphicsEnabler=Yes in com.apple.Boot.plist makes the keyboard and mouse unresponsive for minutes at startup (cursor moves but cannot highlight or action) then settles down. Reminds me of my Win95 on my 386 machine days - go for a cuppa while boot completes. Changing Yes corrects it but I lose my resolution.

I have a P8P67 non pro and Nvdia 460 with latest drivers and CUDA & July version of Andyboot 5 - does this happen with ATI? Needless to say does not happen with SL.

During initial clean install and 1st boot - i have full resolution without drivers - should i remove my Nvidia drivers (how?) or switch to my spare ATI and lose CUDA ?

:)

Hi Andy! First, I wanna thank you for this awesome guide! I did ran through one small trouble but then I figured it out and everything ran great. Cinebench and Geekbench ran with no problem. Although, I recently sold my Asus Radeon HD 6850 and I'm planning on upgrading to a EVGA GTX 570 2.5GB card. I work with 3D and I really like to use RT rendering so this is my reason that led to my upgrade. Andy, my question is will the GTX 570 work with the Fermi on Snow Leopard or I may have to upgrade to Lion? Thanks in advance! :P

My original system spec: i7 2600K, Asus P8P67-M Pro, Asus Radeon HD 6850, 1 TB HD.

Upgrade spec: EVGA GTX 570 2.5GB

Hello, i'm having hard times to get it work...

Here what I did :

I installed Mac OSX 10.6 with a retail DVD, with the help of Andy CD.

From that, I tried to apply the 10.6.8 Combo update. It didn't work and crashed at the end of the process. Impossible to reboot, black screen then reboot in chain. So I searched some similar issues on the forum and saw that I had to repair permissions before doing that. I reinstalled Mac OSX from scratch and did the permission repair before applying the Combo Update. It crashed in the same way, and I was unable to reboot.

After that, I tried to remove the ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext on a new fresh install before applying the Combo update (did the Permission repair aswell), and it crashed again at the end of the update.

Finally, I plugged the hard drive on a Mac Mini, on the current install, and applied the Combo Update. It succeeded. I plugged the hard drive back on my P8P67 Pro, and now when I try to boot on Mac OSX, I have a kernel panic, "Unable to find drivers for this platform: \"ACPI\"[...]"

I'm kinda lost. I don't know what to do now. And I really don't understand why i'm having so much trouble with the same hardware as many people here.

I have a P8P67 Pro with a GTX 570, removed the extra 4Gb RAM that I have in order to have only 4Gb as said before, i unplugged ALL USB devices except Mouse and Keyboard. And also unplugged all other hard drives.

Please help ;'(

Edit: Ok, some good news for me, after downloading and using the lastest AndyBootCD it booted. I'm patching with the P8P67 Pro pkg and cross my fingers !

:wallbash:

Hi Andy..please can you help please for this problem?

I have a gigabyte ud7 Z68..and i use chimera 1.5 for my sandy bridge..but when o reboot or sleep pc...this is a very slow for rebbot and sleep ...look it please.

:)

I have a gigabyte ud7 Z68..and i use chimera 1.5 for my sandy bridge..but when o reboot or sleep pc...this is a very slow for rebbot and sleep ...look it please.

post-410253-1314901730_thumb.jpg

:rolleyes:

;)

Strangely no I can't help because I don't own a gigabyte motherboard (hence this topic being named Asus P8P67 Pro install guide) and I don't use Chimera as a bootloader. :rolleyes:

Strangely no I can't help because I don't own a gigabyte motherboard (hence this topic being named Asus P8P67 Pro install guide) and I don't use Chimera as a bootloader. :rolleyes:

Yes of course..P67 and z68 is very very identikit.

Which boot use andy?

Maybe Chimera and camaleon don work perfectly for sandy bridge?

hi i got it working on my p8p67 pro ,but im not getting cpu recognised properly it says 1 cpu 4 threads or is this as good as it gets for now cheers great bootcd.

although i am using chimera new 1 and parts from your cd.

should i install your complete package will it over write it all ok and work the cpu properly cheers.