Asus P8P67 Pro install guide

Guest ^Andy^

663 posts in this topic

You'll find it a few pages before. Andy posted a link.

Well, I finally made it. Everything works perfectly.

The worst step was to get my 570 GT working but I finally made it with Graphic Enabler=Yes and editing the NVDAGF100Hal.kext with my Graphic Card identifier (0x1086).

Thanks very much Andy for all the work and support, everything I needed was in that thread.

P8P67 Pro

Asus 570 GTX

8Gb RAM (1600Mhz)

Hi Andy, I'm looking into getting BT working, the 1st page of your pkg does read it installs BT support but looking inside the pkg I see nothing related to it. Do I miss something ?

Assuming you are not looking at version 1 of the boot cd then yes You are missing something ;)

Don't really know what you're calling version 1, this is the one that is currently linked on 1st post.

Anyway in the mean time I found the firmware updater on the net and been able to notice that this dongle is {censored}. I'll just remove it to free the USB port.

Could you point me to that BT stuff in your package ?

Don't really know what you're calling version 1, this is the one that is currently linked on 1st post.

Anyway in the mean time I found the firmware updater on the net and been able to notice that this dongle is {censored}. I'll just remove it to free the USB port.

Dont use the links in the first post - they are very old and unfortunately I can't update them due to a run in with a moderator (who should probably still have been at school at the time).

The latest bootcd link will always be somewhere in this thread but if you are as impatient as me and cant be arsed to wade through it then its here http://www.mediafire.com/?gsgt6tdd2zw70lw.

Moderators please note it would be nice to allow me to update the original post or even if one of you could do it for me.

Sorry - to answer your question I use DrCracks firmware loader as discussed here http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18410

Try reading the forums - specifically the Lion USB guide for P8P67's!

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your Boot CD 5. It works for my Asus P8H67-M Pro Rev 3.0, 2 x 4g DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD6850 Vapor-X 1G DDR 5, except I ahve to download RTL81xx driver from Realtek for onboard lan RTL 8111. I will like to share what I did.

Create Boot CD 5 from ISO, boot with SATA DVD Rom (get error from USB ext and IDE drive)

SL retail Disc (F5 after the bootloader page came up, install, partitioing with a spare partition for win stuff & Mac, select GUID as boot table,...)

Reboot w/ CD 5 , install 10.6.7 combo, off load all file on desktop from bootcd , install Pro.pkg, kext utility

reboot w/ CD 5 (Getting grey background & logo no spinning wheel by reboot itself); Res still at 1240 x768

remove ACPI_SMC_PlateformPlugin.kext (Found under the installed drive /Extra/ IOPlateformPluginFamily.kext ...right click on mouse "open" then you 'll see ......./Contents/...)

Kext Utility, Reboot w/ BootCD 5 (No spinning wheel with reboot itself); no res option

install 10.6.8 combo 1.1, install pro.pkg again

reboot (spinning wheel came out around 5 sec, no sound)

reinstall pro.pkg, kext utility again

reboot (sound okay, res get option but no lan)

install RTL81xx driver from realtek then all basic things work. ( P8 H67-M Pro, using RTL8111 chipset get it from Everest to review most of the hardware)

Thanks Andy again, took me almost 1 to 2 week to read through till p.28. I should read from the last one and up but good though try all different version. The first version work booting up on GA-P45 motherboard and install OS except I have not install the pkg yet.

I read your privious post on dual boot win 7 & SL. What is the approach on install SL first then Win 7 or the other way around and still use the procedure at win 7 and SL?

Frank

I read your privious post on dual boot win 7 & SL. What is the approach on install SL first then Win 7 or the other way around and still use the procedure at win 7 and SL?

Been a while since i did a clean dual boot installation but i seem to recall having less hassle installing sl first along with chameleon and making sure that worked and then installing win 7 along with easybcd.

I also used to use carbon copy to clone the sl installation once complete (before starting the windows installation) so that i could always try again if it got messed up.

Hi guys! First i'd like to say thanks to Andy for his great work. I was able to get my computer running with Snow Leopard in only 3 tries haha.

Everything works, internet, graphics, but I encountered a small problem with audio. When I plug in my headphones the audio sounds really low compared to how it sounds on my Macbook. Any suggestions?

P8P67 Pro

i7 2600 k

Gigabyte HD 6870

Hi guys! First i'd like to say thanks to Andy for his great work. I was able to get my computer running with Snow Leopard in only 3 tries haha.

Everything works, internet, graphics, but I encountered a small problem with audio. When I plug in my headphones the audio sounds really low compared to how it sounds on my Macbook. Any suggestions?

P8P67 Pro

i7 2600 k

Gigabyte HD 6870

Turn the volume up :hysterical:

Anyone else having problems with Nvidia graphics card on Lion - Keyboard and mouse unresponsive for first few minutes after startup despite cursor moving? I seem to be the only one moaning about it :(

Andy - over on tonymac ATI folks are also having problems - if push comes to shove I will use an ATI card and live with Windows 7 making a song and dance about new hardware

Andy - over on tonymac ATI folks are also having problems - if push comes to shove I will use an ATI card and live with Windows 7 making a song and dance about new hardware

I don't use an Nvidia card so can't help you but as I understand it it then it only seems to be the 560 cards that are a problem, I believe users with 570's and 580's are ok?

I don't use an Nvidia card so can't help you but as I understand it it then it only seems to be the 560 cards that are a problem, I believe users with 570's and 580's are ok?

After booting using "AndyBoot" then when trying to install, I keep getting a Kernel Panic and in the back it says "could not find drivers". I wonder if I need drivers for my video/motherboard ???

P8P67 PRO

ATI Radeon 5800 Black Edition

i7 2600K

G.Skill RipJaws X 1800Mhz

Win7 Ultimate

Please advice...Thank You!!

After booting using "AndyBoot" then when trying to install, I keep getting a Kernel Panic and in the back it says "could not find drivers". I wonder if I need drivers for my video/motherboard ???

P8P67 PRO

ATI Radeon 5800 Black Edition

i7 2600K

G.Skill RipJaws X 1800Mhz

Win7 Ultimate

Please advice...Thank You!!

The boot cd should work fine with a 5870 (I bought a 5870 specifically to test after messing with the 6870's).

You need to detail the kernel panic - the 'could not load driver' message may be garbage.

Drivers for both your motherboard and graphics card are part of the boot cd.

Hello,

I am wanting to add a dual boot windows 7 x64 and a mac os x snow leopard, that is my goal.

I use this computer for recording and intense audio editing and production and would like access to pro tools and logic without splashing thousands on a mac.

I understand the installation of os x however there are a few questions I want to ask an expert who has done this before! ;)

My computer spec is

Motherboard: Asus P8P67 LE Rev3 Intel P67 Express Socket 1155

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k Sandy-Bridge

Ram: 8GB DDR3 (however will remove half when installing)

Graphics: nVidia Gigabyte 9500 GT

Sound: MAudio Audiophile 2496

I have a stable installation of windows with everything I need installed on (which took forever). Hence, I would like to maintain this installation.

My first question is, can I simply partition my hard drive (1TB) into 2 500GB partitions, make the 2nd partition active, and install mac onto that 2nd partition that i will name snow leopard or something. Will this work and will I be able to boot into windows normally. I am hoping to get a black screen every time I turn my computer on asking me Windows 7 or Mac OSX.

My second question refers to the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] I need to run after upgrading the installation (and before restarting). I am struggling to understand the options I need to select to install. I have an idea that I cant just select them all, but which ones are right for my hardware, I do not know!

If someone could help me out I will be so greatful!

Thanks

Are you able to get sleep? I have the same motherboard and no luck so far

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your Boot CD 5. It works for my Asus P8H67-M Pro Rev 3.0, 2 x 4g DDR3, Sapphire Radeon HD6850 Vapor-X 1G DDR 5, except I ahve to download RTL81xx driver from Realtek for onboard lan RTL 8111. I will like to share what I did.

Create Boot CD 5 from ISO, boot with SATA DVD Rom (get error from USB ext and IDE drive)

SL retail Disc (F5 after the bootloader page came up, install, partitioing with a spare partition for win stuff & Mac, select GUID as boot table,...)

Reboot w/ CD 5 , install 10.6.7 combo, off load all file on desktop from bootcd , install Pro.pkg, kext utility

reboot w/ CD 5 (Getting grey background & logo no spinning wheel by reboot itself); Res still at 1240 x768

remove ACPI_SMC_PlateformPlugin.kext (Found under the installed drive /Extra/ IOPlateformPluginFamily.kext ...right click on mouse "open" then you 'll see ......./Contents/...)

Kext Utility, Reboot w/ BootCD 5 (No spinning wheel with reboot itself); no res option

install 10.6.8 combo 1.1, install pro.pkg again

reboot (spinning wheel came out around 5 sec, no sound)

reinstall pro.pkg, kext utility again

reboot (sound okay, res get option but no lan)

install RTL81xx driver from realtek then all basic things work. ( P8 H67-M Pro, using RTL8111 chipset get it from Everest to review most of the hardware)

Thanks Andy again, took me almost 1 to 2 week to read through till p.28. I should read from the last one and up but good though try all different version. The first version work booting up on GA-P45 motherboard and install OS except I have not install the pkg yet.

Frank

Are you able to get sleep? I have the same motherboard and no luck so far

I have a KVM connecting My working XP and this trial SL. In some occasion I found it goes to hibernation mode (when I am working on the XP) which I cannot wake it up by mouse or keyboard then I have to press power button to reboot. In your case, does it means screen saving mode?

I installed SL 10.6.3 with cd v5 without problems. Then I installed the 10.6.8 v1.1 combo, it installed without trouble, asked me to power down and reboot.

Since then I can not boot, it gets stuck on the gray Apple screen.

-v -x boot gives same error as regular boot

-f -v boots and stops with: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start (etc...) timed out.

GraphicsEnabler=y does not help or give different results.

Can someone chime in with some advice?

Hardware: i7 2600k, P8P67 Pro, 8Gb Gskill, MSI Hawk 6870

I installed SL 10.6.3 with cd v5 without problems. Then I installed the 10.6.8 v1.1 combo, it installed without trouble, asked me to power down and reboot.

Since then I can not boot, it gets stuck on the gray Apple screen.

-v -x boot gives same error as regular boot

-f -v boots and stops with: ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start (etc...) timed out.

GraphicsEnabler=y does not help or give different results.

Can someone chime in with some advice?

Hardware: i7 2600k, P8P67 Pro, 8Gb Gskill, MSI Hawk 6870

If you can;t figure out a way to recover the 10.6.8 install you can (as a last resort) reinstall 10.6.3 back over the top - you wont lose your apps or files.

If you can;t figure out a way to recover the 10.6.8 install you can (as a last resort) reinstall 10.6.3 back over the top - you wont lose your apps or files.

I've not expressed myself clearly enough.

This is a clean install, no apps or data or anything. This is my first Mac experience, so I don't have a lot of troubleshooting skills besides what I can find on the fora.

The 10.6.3 installs with no problems, but has no networking, sound, low resolution, etc, that's why I try to get to 6.8, so I can also use your install-script.