Guest ^Andy^

663 posts in this topic

I have the following configuration:

MB Asus p8p67 m (not pro)

CPU: i5 2500k

HDD: Samsung SP3 500gb

Ram 2x Corsair 4gb, 1800

Video card: Ati radeon sapphire 3870hd

I've tried multiple boot cds and after multiple failures i am using the Andyboot cd and a bootable OSX stick.

I have removed all the extra components from the computer and i have disabled all the on board stuff except for lan.

i have AHCI selected. I have updated my bios to the latest version.

Even with any combination of -x -v pcirootuid=1 busratio=29 i always get the "you need to restart your computer" message before the actual install menu.

Any suggestions? i guess i missed something in the bios configuration but i can't tell what

thanks for the help!

MB Asus p8p67 m (not pro)

CPU: i5 2500k

HDD: Samsung SP3 500gb

Ram 2x Corsair 4gb, 1800

Video card: Ati radeon sapphire 3870hd

I changed my video card and i managed to install SL and Lion. Right now i can't manage to make my ATI 3870 HD work. The computer starts with it but it's shown like this

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 3 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x9501

Revision ID: 0x0000

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

i've installed some kexts from netkas but none seems to work.

Do you have any packages that work?

Also my audio is not working (no output device found) even if it seems ok in the system information.

Every time I try to install the 10.6.8 update (full version) my PC throws a kernel panic and I have to go through the install process again. I've tried using DU to repair permissions, and I tried removing ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext, but it still is a no-go. I may have incorrectly removed the kext. I'm not sure of a proper procedure for doing so. What I did was drill down to the kext itself and then open it up via the file manager and just drag the plugin to the trash. I then used Kext Utility to repair the kext cache, as [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] would fail each time I tried it that way. Anything I should try before just giving up on a working OS X install?

Can I go straight from a basic SL install to 10.6.8 without intermediate steps? I'd like to go to 10.6.8 without migrating to Lion simply to see if the nVidia drivers will actually allow for hardware acceleration using my 460.

Procedure Tried:

Boot to Andy's BootCD v5

Insert SL DVD

Press F5

Boot SL disk

Use DU to format my OS X drive

Install SL

Boot into SL using Andy's BootCD

Use DU (from within SL) to repair permissions

Start 10.6.8 update

Kernel Panic and stop (every time)

Build:
P8P67 (Vanilla)
i5 2500k
8GB DDR3 RAM (2x4GB 1600)
GeForce GTX 460 (768MB)

Edit:

Finally got it up and running. Sorry ^Andy^ had to resort to regae's boot disk in order to make it work. For some reason I was able to complete the 10.6.8 install and reboot. I then fought with the nVidia drivers, but I got them up and running as well. So, I have my GTX460, network, and sound all running! Thanks for the help in the boards.

Andy,

Took your advice from earlier and switched to Chameleon. Now after some tinkering I'm booting in 64Bit with full graphics support. I think I see the problem. Here are the boot.plist for Chimera and Chameleon.

Chameleon, working:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">'>http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=i386_64</string> <<< Tada! Fixed! :thumbsup_anim:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>4</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Chimera not working:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>Default Partition</key>

<string>hd(0,1)</string>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=X86_64</string> <<<< I think this was the problem. ;)

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>No</string>

<key>Theme</key>

<string>Default</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>4</string>

</dict>

</plist>

I bet your boot loader used the Chameleon setting which is why it worked. The nVidia driver fixed the rest later but I had already switched to Chimera to try a different fix.

Hi,

I just have a few quick Questions and could not find a straight answer anywhere. Figured you might have a solution. I have a P8P67 Pro Rev.B3 and I have been trying to install OS X 10.6.0/10.6.3 Retail for some time now. Each attempt I made was with your Boot CD. I tried re-burning and re-formatting at different speeds with no success. Heres how I went about installation.

First Attempt with 10.6.0:

-Burned Boot CD

-Ran Boot CD

-Installed SL

-Re-Booted with Boot CD

-Installed 10.6.7 Update (left open after install)

-Installed P8P67 pkg from Desktop

-Reboot

Outcome:

After Reboot it either hung at Apple Screen or the screen would flash and it would hang on white screen, endless loop.

*I could not re-boot after 10.6.7 update or it would hang on Apple Screen. Which is why i tried to do both in one shot.

Second Attempt with 10.6.0:

-Burned Boot CD

-Ran Boot CD

-Installed SL

-Re-Booted with Boot CD

-Installed 10.6.7 Update (Again left open after install)

-Ran [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]

-Installed Both Service Kexts

-Installed Fake SMC

-Installed Null

-Installed Bridge Helper

-Installed P8P67 pkg

-Rebooted

Outcome:

Same outcome as above, Either hung at Apple Screen or Screen Flashed and hung on white screen.

I recently have purchased 10.6.3 Retail as i was informed would be a more reliable install, But am having huge problems now with AndyBoot seeing my External HD or Thumb Drive as im using them as the SL Install Media (Both have full Installs of 10.6.3 SL)

The drives where created on a Windows 7 Machine using Transmac 10.0 by using "Format with Disk Image" and the image was kept as a dmg. Expanded of course but still a dmg.

Brief Specs:

Asus P8P67 Pro Rev.B3 Mobo

Ati Radeon 5770

Onboard Audio

Now I understand that the included installs are not for my 5770 but I can work with that.

Now My Questions are:

-Is there anything you can recommend for a complete install or anything you may suggest to help with the install ?

-Is there a required file system for AndysBoot CD to read (ie. FAT32, NTFS, HFS+)

-If you know of an alternative to Transmac for creating bootable Osx usb drives on Windows 7 ?

-Any other information that might help me will be greatly appreciated.

So in Conclusion, Thank you for your time and effort on creating and supporting this install. And i look forward to completing this. Again, Thank You in advanced for your time and information you may give.

-TeamDCPX

Outcome:

After Reboot it either hung at Apple Screen or the screen would flash and it would hang on white screen, endless loop.

*I could not re-boot after 10.6.7 update or it would hang on Apple Screen. Which is why i tried to do both in one shot.

Silly question but did you try 'GraphicsEnabler=y' ?

I just had a great succes install 10.6.8 on my p8p67.

But now I want to install the drivers for my gtx480 but I get the 'This computer will not support this NVIDIA graphics solution.'. Is this because my model identifier states iMac12,1? How can I change this value? I already tried editing the smbios.plist but this resulted in KP on boot.

My specs:

Asus p8p87 Evo B3

i2500k

GTX480

Anyone got an idea?

I just had a great succes install 10.6.8 on my p8p67.

But now I want to install the drivers for my gtx480 but I get the 'This computer will not support this NVIDIA graphics solution.'. Is this because my model identifier states iMac12,1? How can I change this value? I already tried editing the smbios.plist but this resulted in KP on boot.

My specs:

Asus p8p87 Evo B3

i2500k

GTX480

Anyone got an idea?

First off I don't use an Nvidia card so cannot verify if this will work or not but take a look at the last post in this thread https://discussions.apple.com/thread/278692...=0&tstart=0 it may help :P

Silly question but did you try 'GraphicsEnabler=y' ?

Here lies my problem. I never set that in my plist prior to restart. I have an Install already on my HD of 10.6 Upgraded to 10.6.7, But cant boot to it without hangs. And for some reason am having trouble creating new Install Media with 10.6.3. So, To save some time, Is there any way to use 'GraphicsEnabler=Yes" Pre-boot or with Verbose ? Or any other method that would allow me to make this change and add it to plist without a fresh install of SL ?

And is there anyother method of creating a bootable usb SL install in windows other then Transmac ?

Thanks ^Andy^ :P For your Help So far

Here lies my problem. I never set that in my plist prior to restart. I have an Install already on my HD of 10.6 Upgraded to 10.6.7, But cant boot to it without hangs. And for some reason am having trouble creating new Install Media with 10.6.3. So, To save some time, Is there any way to use 'GraphicsEnabler=Yes" Pre-boot or with Verbose ? Or any other method that would allow me to make this change and add it to plist without a fresh install of SL ?

And is there anyother method of creating a bootable usb SL install in windows other then Transmac ?

Thanks ^Andy^ :P For your Help So far

Firstly - yes just type GraphicsEnabler=y as a boot flag (i.e. hit a key when chameleon shows the disk icons and type it)

Secondly - from within windows - not likely but if you have my bootcd why do you need to? (genuine question)

Firstly - yes just type GraphicsEnabler=y as a boot flag (i.e. hit a key when chameleon shows the disk icons and type it)

Secondly - from within windows - not likely but if you have my bootcd why do you need to? (genuine question)

Ok, I just tried that Flag but with no success. Apple Screen showed up, little spin wheel, then went to and hung on a white screen. There was minor hd activity but would not go anywhere.

And only reason i asked is because im doing the install through USB and using your cd to boot the USB installation of SL. The first time i formatted the Ex HD it worked fine. Showed in Andyboot and all. But for some reason with 10.6.3 (As i was told to use for better install) AndyBoot is not recognizing the HD nor my Thumb drive which has the same installation. Also tried connecting External HD Directly to mobo via sata with no success.

Im currently trying to boot in 32bit to see if that helps, but any other suggestion would really be helpful.

Thank You

TeamDCPX

Ok, I just tried that Flag but with no success. Apple Screen showed up, little spin wheel, then went to and hung on a white screen. There was minor hd activity but would not go anywhere.

And only reason i asked is because im doing the install through USB and using your cd to boot the USB installation of SL. The first time i formatted the Ex HD it worked fine. Showed in Andyboot and all. But for some reason with 10.6.3 (As i was told to use for better install) AndyBoot is not recognizing the HD nor my Thumb drive which has the same installation. Also tried connecting External HD Directly to mobo via sata with no success.

Im currently trying to boot in 32bit to see if that helps, but any other suggestion would really be helpful.

Thank You

TeamDCPX

Try this...

boot with -s as a boot flag,

when you get the command prompt type mount -uw / (and hit return)

type cd System/Library/Caches (and hit return)

type rm -R * (and hit return)

type reboot (and hit return)

reboot should be slower than usual because you have just deleted all cached files but may fix the problem.

^Andy^

Just wanted to update you, Dont know if you might be able to help more after recent progress. After much trial and error, Safe Mode(-x) Finally works, I can boot that up fine and am desktop. Normal BootUp still hangs on a blank white screen following the Apple Boot Screen. Anything that may help in order to fix this now that i have access to the files ?

^Andy^

Just wanted to update you, Dont know if you might be able to help more after recent progress. After much trial and error, Safe Mode(-x) Finally works, I can boot that up fine and am desktop. Normal BootUp still hangs on a blank white screen following the Apple Boot Screen. Anything that may help in order to fix this now that i have access to the files ?

See my post above

See my post above

Just Tried that but still hangs on a blank white screen. Is there anything that can be accomplished in safe mode (ie. [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], Plist Editing) Something of that nature. Becuase like i said, it boots into safemode fine now. Or anyother work arounds ?

Just Tried that but still hangs on a blank white screen. Is there anything that can be accomplished in safe mode (ie. [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], Plist Editing) Something of that nature. Becuase like i said, it boots into safemode fine now. Or anyother work arounds ?

You are using a 5770 gpu yes? - in safe mode you say it works but I suspect you only have {censored} resolution suipport yes? - are you using chameleon as installed by my package?

You are using a 5770 gpu yes? - in safe mode you say it works but I suspect you only have {censored} resolution suipport yes? - are you using chameleon as installed by my package?

Yes im using an Ati Radeon 5770. And only Res i can choose in '1024x768' and Yes im using your P8P67 Pkg and BootCd

Yes im using an Ati Radeon 5770. And only Res i can choose in '1024x768' and Yes im using your P8P67 Pkg and BootCd

Can you get your 5770 device id's for me - boot with GraphicsEnabler=y -v wait=yes and it should show you what card it has identified and which framebuffer its trying to use.

Sorry just to double check - bootcd 5 will only work properly for Ati cards with 10.6.8 and Lion - if you are using any earlier versions use bootcd 4

Can you get your 5770 device id's for me - boot with GraphicsEnabler=y -v wait=yes and it should show you what card it has identified and which framebuffer its trying to use.

Sorry just to double check - bootcd 5 will only work properly for Ati cards with 10.6.8 and Lion - if you are using any earlier versions use bootcd 4

Ok, After using the script you gave me i got nothing. the wait flag seemed to do nothing as i only had a breif second to view anything. I then, took a video and captured a screen. Attached Below.

-Boot.png is the first screen shown after supplied command.

-AfterBoot.png is what happened after the verbose loaded.

And im not sure what boot cd i have. I used the link supplied on the first page. Downloaded and burned.

Thanks Again for you support, Hope i can get this working soon. Does any of that help ?

post-861697-1314049255_thumb.png

post-861697-1314049270_thumb.png

Ok, After using the script you gave me i got nothing. the wait flag seemed to do nothing as i only had a breif second to view anything. I then, took a video and captured a screen. Attached Below.

-Boot.png is the first screen shown after supplied command.

-AfterBoot.png is what happened after the verbose loaded.

And im not sure what boot cd i have. I used the link supplied on the first page. Downloaded and burned.

Thanks Again for you support, Hope i can get this working soon. Does any of that help ?

Yes that helps a lot - the boot cd on the first page is MASSIVELY out of date but due to a childish mod on here my original account got deleted so I can't edit it to give the urls to the latest cd.

The latest bootcd link is here http://www.mediafire.com/?gsgt6tdd2zw70lw

Yes that helps a lot - the boot cd on the first page is MASSIVELY out of date but due to a childish mod on here my original account got deleted so I can't edit it to give the urls to the latest cd.

The latest bootcd link is here http://www.mediafire.com/?gsgt6tdd2zw70lw

Ok ThankYou very Much. Now i Downloaded the Newest Boot CD (v5) But will this work for a 10.6/10.6.3 install ? You mentioned earlier that only BootCD 4 will work with that. Please correct me if im wrong. And i will try this as soon as i get home and update you on Everything.

Thank You very much ^Andy^ you have been one of the most supportive developers i have met. Better support, Better Product.

TeamDCPX

Hey, Just wanted to update you on my progress.

Steps:

-Downloaded and burned Boot CD v4

-Ran Boot CD

-Installed Fresh Retail Copy of SL :)

-Rebooted with Boot CD

-Ran 10.6.7 Combo Update

-Ran P8P67 Pro Pkg

-Rebooted without Boot CD

Outcome:

Still no progress on install. Tried all previously mentioned suggestions. Graphics enabler did nothing (also edited in plist). Now on boot it freezes on Spinwheel screen. Safemode still works.

Hey, Just wanted to update you on my progress.

Steps:

-Downloaded and burned Boot CD v4

-Ran Boot CD

-Installed Fresh Retail Copy of SL ;)

-Rebooted with Boot CD

-Ran 10.6.7 Combo Update

-Ran P8P67 Pro Pkg

-Rebooted without Boot CD

Outcome:

Still no progress on install. Tried all previously mentioned suggestions. Graphics enabler did nothing (also edited in plist). Now on boot it freezes on Spinwheel screen. Safemode still works.

whats the last line you see if you boot with -f -v

Hello!

I was wondering if you guys (especially Andy) could help me out with a little problem I'm having. I used your tutorial and got everything working with the exception of the surround sound, but that's not something I'm interested in, so I don't really care about that.

Let me first mention that this is a triple-booted system on one hard drive, and also my first Hackintosh. All the operating systems (Windows, Snow Leopard, and Ubuntu) are working. However, in order to get to this stage, I needed to install grub2 as my one and only bootloader. No problem, though: it's still running.

Here's the issue: when I switched from Chameleon to grub, SL's system clock slowed down so much that it takes 6 realtime seconds for the clock to tick forward one. The real reason that this is a major issue is that all of the system animations have slowed down that much as well! So it takes like 5 seconds to minimize a window to the Dock, a full second or two for menus to fade away, etc.

Any ideas?

And, TeamDCPX, I greatly apologize for interrupting your conversation with Andy. I'm heading off to college in about 10 days, and if I don't get this problem solved by then, I doubt I'd have the time to work on it then.

Thank you all very much in advance!