Asus P8P67 Pro install guide

Guest ^Andy^

663 posts in this topic

thanks for your quick response ... now reinstalled everything from 0 ... and upgrade to 10.6.8 but not still appears to 1920x1080 resolution on the about this mac does not come out like a 6xxx ATI but something like NI40 and now that I did not tell me yes if you set the Enables graphics part of going to notice and use the andybootcd 5 I think it has the latest version of Chameleon or No?

How is your monitor connected?

If you are using dvi->vga then you will need to use a different framebuffer - try Ipomoea

My card has only 2 DVI output and the input of my monitors are VGA so i use 2 DVI to VGA Adapters. where I configure the framebuffer thanks for your patience ANDY!

My card has only 2 DVI output and the input of my monitors are VGA so i use 2 DVI to VGA Adapters. where I configure the framebuffer thanks for your patience ANDY!

Try AtiConfig=Elodea as a bootflag

I seriously dont think you are going to get both dvi ports working though.

Hi ^Andy^, I'm proudly user of SL 10.6.8 on my P8P67 Pro B3 3.0 version + i5-2500K. ¡¡ Lot of Thanks !!

My girlfriend just gift me the Magic Trackpad, and I'm having some issues to make it work.

I think that is recognized as a Mighty Mouse, and i cant use any multi-gesture, even two fingers scroll, or 1 touck to click, 2 fingers touch to alt-click...

Anyone is having same issues with MagicTrackpad or MagicMouse via integrated Bluetooth ???

Is there any solution to make it work right?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english.

yes i bought a cheap blue tooth dongle and now works perfect

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to install on ASUS P8P67 EVO.

I assume the DVDRW (ASUS DRW-24B3ST) drivers are not on the boot CD because Chameleon Bootloader will not load and I get error : MSCD001.

If I change the boot device to my USB Sony DVDRW (DVD RW DRU-700A VY04) then Chameleon Bootloader loads (all DOS) with the final command prompt: [DR-D05] A:\>

This is as far as I can get.

I have restored BIOS to default settings, and SATA is indeed AHCI.

What do I need to do???

Trying to install on ASUS P8P67 EVO.

I assume the DVDRW (ASUS DRW-24B3ST) drivers are not on the boot CD because Chameleon Bootloader will not load and I get error : MSCD001.

If I change the boot device to my USB Sony DVDRW (DVD RW DRU-700A VY04) then Chameleon Bootloader loads (all DOS) with the final command prompt: [DR-D05] A:\>

This is as far as I can get.

I have restored BIOS to default settings, and SATA is indeed AHCI.

What do I need to do???

Erm it looks like you are actually booting from a floppy disk?

Erm it looks like you are actually booting from a floppy disk?

andy followed your instructions to a T and still have no sound please help the speaker is grayed out.....tjis is my first hackintosh ever and dont know anything at all about a MAC

I did re run both cd's #4 and #5 still no volume at all the speaker on the top is grayed out....does this have to do anything with updating it after I install snow

If you have run a version update since installing the package then yes you will need to run the package again after installing it.

If you have run a version update since installing the package then yes you will need to run the package again after installing it.

andy just ran [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and got sound and man this monitor looks good thanks for the help....bought lion and was reading your instructions but being the first time ever I use a mac dont understand how to do it.....

also what keyboard and mouse do you recommend for me to buy?

Is there any way I can put andyboot cd image onto a usb drive? I dont have a disk drive in my pc :/

QUOTE (^Andy^ @ May 23 2011, 02:09 PM)

It can be done but needs to be done from within os x so it's catch 22

How would I got about doing this on a mac?

Without an optical drive at all thats going to be tricky because the easiest way would be to burn the cd, create an image of it, restore the image to a usb drive and then install chameleon to the usb drive to ensure that its bootable. Have to confess i have not tried this but it I believe it should work.

I did a similar thing with my retail snow leopard dvd, created an image, restored that image to usb, ran the P8P67 Pro package against the usb stick and finally copied over the extra folder from the boot cd to the usb drive. This gave me a handy little emergency boot stick plus self contained usb installer for snow leopard.

• 3 weeks later...

Andy wonder if any one can help, just bought a dell 27inch monitor the one with the high res

connected first time the display was amazing, you have to use the dual dvi cable for the super high res.Problem when you restart you loose picture and you have to disconnect the cable and plug it back in then all is good obviously you can't keep doing this.

when you use hdmi all works well but you only get 1080 res not the 1440 any ideas.....not the graphics card as the monitor works perfect when using windows 7

i7

8 gig mem

ati 5770

asus p8p67

Andy wonder if any one can help, just bought a dell 27inch monitor the one with the high res

connected first time the display was amazing, you have to use the dual dvi cable for the super high res.Problem when you restart you loose picture and you have to disconnect the cable and plug it back in then all is good obviously you can't keep doing this.

when you use hdmi all works well but you only get 1080 res not the 1440 any ideas.....not the graphics card as the monitor works perfect when using windows 7

i7

8 gig mem

ati 5770

asus p8p67

Plug another cable into the video card at the same time. ie use hdmi and ddvi together and see if it works. Try several combos, has worked for me in the past.

• 3 weeks later...

lmfao

No you also need a computer, keyboard, mouse and a monitor :hysterical:

lmfao, u know what i meant! :D

burned iatkos bs with my 2nd last dvd and cant get it to work...

is p8p67 deluxe ok with this guide and tools btw?

maybe burn your bootcd to my last dvd and put osx on the usb stick...

lmfao

lmfao, u know what i meant! :D

burned iatkos bs with my 2nd last dvd and cant get it to work...

is p8p67 deluxe ok with this guide and tools btw?

maybe burn your bootcd to my last dvd and put osx on the usb stick...

Should work for basic install with a deluxe board - you may have to read back through the thread for audio or lan tweaks though (my brain is rusty so I cant remember the differences between all the various P8P67 boards).

you think your bootcd will find the osx installer on a usb stick?

if i eject the cd and insert the usb.... will it find it?

i could give you device ids and hardware specs for a deluxe motherboard and give it a run so you could have files for deluxe if u want.

only difference is i got an nvidia card.