10.6.7 Update released

Skero666

111 posts in this topic

10.6.7 update went smooth on my system. It improves the overall performance, especially graphics.

What brings new with 10.6.7 update on my system - like on lion 10.7 (Build 11A390), autosleep works fine without any kext/script/util.

Hi,

I have a linksys wmp300n v2 (168c,23), which is a Atheros AR5008.

It was detected as AR5416. Now, after update to 10.6.7 it is no longer natively supported.

Is there a way to fix it by adding some code to dsdt or patching the wireless card it self?

Regards

verleihnix

Thanks for the info Gringo ;)

In these last times, listening to these problems, I'm wrecking on another beach (ATi 6XXX) ...but I don't know.

I love the nvidia cards ..probably the time is not come again zZzZ

I've been on the fence whether to get an nvidia card to use the CUDA in adobe premiere pro (to work with the mercury playback engine) but out of nowhere practically Apple has jumped ships to the AMD boat to the point where the 6xxx cards (exception of the 69xx tier) are just "plug n play."

In all my years of hackintoshin there's one thing I'm yet to hear and that's

"Hey my gpu is plug n play."

To be remotely on point with the topic, I've updated myself and besides the usual patching for a audio, nothing noticeable has seemed to change. (too lazy to run any benchmarks to notice a numerical difference that most likely won't affect my work flow)

In all my years of hackintoshin there's one thing I'm yet to hear and that's

"Hey my gpu is plug n play."

plug n' play GPU on a hack! what have you been smoking smoke.gif LOL

To be remotely on point with the topic, I've updated myself and besides the usual patching for a audio, nothing noticeable has seemed to change. (too lazy to run any benchmarks to notice a numerical difference that most likely won't affect my work flow)

Same here - used combo update and had to replace Realtek LAN kext and AppleHDA.

Not noticing a huge differance but seems a slight issue with my Logiteh Lazer mouse (left click continually 'letting go' of whatever I was dragging.) has gone away, maybe due to USB updates??

My 2011 MacBooK Pro however, now no longer reaches 99.C and the fan acually get past 2500rpm!

Which is nice!

Roll on Lion!

D

SLEEPENABLER --

For those asking the question, and seeking the answer:

This updated does not require a change to Sleepenabler.kext

Set the flag pmversion=21 in apple.com.Boot.plist, like this:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>pmVersion=21</string>

Note that this has been the same for 10.6.5, 10.6.6 and now also 10.6.7.

It appears the kernel power management has not changed so as to require a change to sleepenabler. (This may change in the next version update, however. So do not count on it being the same in the future.)

Most people have been able to just run software update with no problem.

For now, for this update, you do not need to remove, inactive, or change sleepenabler (if it is working properly in 10.6.6). Just make sure pmversion =21

Seems like new hardware is coming soon; I received an update notification (using a new model identifier) and I am now running 10.7.3 with SB support, which also included a new set of Sandy Bridge kexts plus the new ATI (6000) kexts.

p.s. Don't ask me what model identifier I am using (NDA) but be creative :)

SLEEPENABLER --

For now, for this update, you do not need to remove, inactive, or change sleepenabler (if it is working properly in 10.6.6). Just make sure pmversion =21

pmVersion=21 causes a kernel panic on boot from AppleACPIPlatform.kext, with any sleepenabler (I tried the 10.6.x, 10.6.5, and 10.6.6 versions of sleepenabler). pmVersion=0 allows me to boot OK, but of course no wake from sleep. Any ideas what to do about this? 64Bit on a BadAxe2, vanilla kernel, voodooHDA in /S/L/E, and AHCIPortInjector.kext, Disabler.kext, fakesmc.kext, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext, OpenHaltRestart.kext, and PlatformUUID.kext in /Extra. Otherwise all good, and sleep was working fine with 10.6.6.

SLEEPENABLER --

pmVersion=21 causes a kernel panic on boot from AppleACPIPlatform.kext, with any sleepenabler (I tried the 10.6.x, 10.6.5, and 10.6.6 versions of sleepenabler). pmVersion=0 allows me to boot OK, but of course no wake from sleep. Any ideas what to do about this? 64Bit on a BadAxe2, vanilla kernel, voodooHDA in /S/L/E, and AHCIPortInjector.kext, Disabler.kext, fakesmc.kext, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext, OpenHaltRestart.kext, and PlatformUUID.kext in /Extra. Otherwise all good, and sleep was working fine with 10.6.6.

I saw a hint in another thread and fixed this myself. I pulled AppleACPIPlatform.kext v 1.3.2 from a backup (I think it was from 10.6.5), and replaced the current v 1.3.5. Now sleep works with the 10.6.6 sleepenabler and pmVersion=21 in my com.apple.boot.plist. I don't like having hacks in the System Extensions folder, but I'd rather have sleep working than avoid this discomfort.

Hello ppl.

I'm away from updates since I saw that a lot of ppl were having issues with 10.6.3=>10.6.4.

Now, don't know why, I wanted to update from 10.6.3 directly to 10.6.7.

As I've seen here someone successfully did it with the same mb I have (g31m-s2l), I tried to.

Now I see that this person updated from 10.6.6 =(

So, I removed sleepenabler from extras, rebooted flushing caches, installed combo update thru S.U.

I got a KP, saying version mismatch between kernel and cpu.

As on the log were references to sleepenabler, I tried to set pmversion on boot (0, 19, 20, 21). All of them gave me same KP.

So, I don't know how to correct it. I tried to edit the com.apple.boot from my Windows 7 installed as bootcamp, but its protected, even copying from desktop to extras.

Can you help me?

Thank you very much!

Hello ppl.

I'm away from updates since I saw that a lot of ppl were having issues with 10.6.3=>10.6.4.

Now, don't know why, I wanted to update from 10.6.3 directly to 10.6.7.

As I've seen here someone successfully did it with the same mb I have (g31m-s2l), I tried to.

Now I see that this person updated from 10.6.6 =(

So, I removed sleepenabler from extras, rebooted flushing caches, installed combo update thru S.U.

I got a KP, saying version mismatch between kernel and cpu.

As on the log were references to sleepenabler, I tried to set pmversion on boot (0, 19, 20, 21). All of them gave me same KP.

So, I don't know how to correct it. I tried to edit the com.apple.boot from my Windows 7 installed as bootcamp, but its protected, even copying from desktop to extras.

Can you help me?

Thank you very much!

If you have Extensions.mkext in your Extra folder, delete this and create a new one with the kexts in the Extensions folder. You can use MKext Tool to create the new .mkext file.

If you can't get back into Snow Leopard try booting with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] (tonymacx86.com).

It's just out in Software Update.

Is it safe for update?

EDIT: updated just fine through software update on EP45-UD3LR with cartri mac bios.

No issues

Updated OK here with a GA EX58-UD3R rev1.6. It did break my sleep function. I tried the known tricks (pmversion=21) and even messing with sleepenabler being installed or not. Still no joy. No biggie, I won't be able to use sleep as soon as I get my RR4320 installed anyway. ;)

Something it did do, is out of the blue.....speed stepping on my i7 now works. Overclocked to 3.8 Ghz on liquid and the voltage sensor in iStat says .92 Volts at the moment. SWEEEEET! Weird, but the kind of weird I can live with. :|

Running CineBench 11 brings the voltage right back up to what I have it set at in the BIOS....1.25 V....wonder if it will work with my 4.2 Ghz BIOS settings. LOL

Updated OK here with a GA EX58-UD3R rev1.6. It did break my sleep function. I tried the known tricks (pmversion=21) and even messing with sleepenabler being installed or not. Still no joy. No biggie, I won't be able to use sleep as soon as I get my RR4320 installed anyway. :|

Something it did do, is out of the blue.....speed stepping on my i7 now works. Overclocked to 3.8 Ghz on liquid and the voltage sensor in iStat says .92 Volts at the moment. SWEEEEET! Weird, but the kind of weird I can live with. :P

Running CineBench 11 brings the voltage right back up to what I have it set at in the BIOS....1.25 V....wonder if it will work with my 4.2 Ghz BIOS settings. LOL

As far as keeping sleepenabler working here's the instructions

First sleepenabler goes *only* in /Extras/Extensions

Then edit /Extras/com.apple.Boot.plist

<string>arch=i386 pmVersion=21</string>

When I tried putting pmVersion on another line I'd also get a KP, but this way is working perfectly for me..

Hope it helps!

-KC

Can some one explain what does the pmVersion=21 command on the com.apple.boot.plist really does?

Does it bypasses sleepenabler kext and disable it ? When i boot with pmVersion=21 is like sleepenabler is not installed. I dont have a Kernel panic but my computer don't wake up. Please can someone explain what the pmVersion=21 actually does? Thanks :)

ATI 4850 went broken and give me a weird screen.

GA-p55a-UD3

thank god i didnt update...

its strange netkas always release a fix for radeon cards one day after the oficial update... this time nothing... no fix

i will try to make the fix myself if i get sucess i post here the kext