ESI Juli@ / Envy 24 with OSX86 - Any progress?

zuus

982 posts in this topic

@audiodriverwriter

I can not work with the Source of Envy24 in Xcode 4.

"Jam is deprecated and has been removed; targets that use Jam must be upgraded to native targets. For more information on doing this, consult the Xcode documentation."

edit:

Changing targets to native brings other errors

... AudioEngine.cpp:444: warning: format '%x' expects type 'unsigned int', but argument 2 has type 'UInt32'

and many more

Which software do you use to make it?

• 1 month later...
this can only be done in xcode3. xcode4 does not have this option.

But the build does not work in xcode3...

...a lot of errors in xcode3

warning: 'IOMallocContiguous' is deprecated

well, I was not interested in Envy24, but in a couple of kext's sources to compile in xcode4

I am downloading xcode 3.2.6 to give it a try

thanks my friend

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, a quick post to let you know that I was able to get my m-audio audiophile 2496 working (at least audio output; input not tested yet) on Lion 10.7.2 with the Envy24_SL64bit_0.20 driver which I found at www.osx86.net

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I have Lion 10.7.2 (iatkos L2) installed on my PC , and I have a M-audio Delta 44.

I tried envy24 drivers mentionned on this topic, but it didn't works. Drivers installed well, but there isn't any recognition of my card. Is there any manipulation to do ?

Thanks

Hello,

I have Lion 10.7.2 (iatkos L2) installed on my PC , and I have a M-audio Delta 44.

I tried envy24 drivers mentionned on this topic, but it didn't works. Drivers installed well, but there isn't any recognition of my card. Is there any manipulation to do ?

Thanks

Did you use Envy24_SL.0.22.dmg ?

you can try another pci slot or run kext utility

Hi Guys

After upgrading my system to 24 gigs of RAM, the driver was no longer able to allocate buffers below 256MB. This is a problem I know many people have faced in the past, but I've always been lucky even though my system had 12 gigs. I was gutted as last weekend I did a lot of work on the driver to get it to work in 96khz mode on my Delta 1010 (which uses an older chipset than the driver expects).

Anyway, I've found a solution that works for me in the form of the following boot flag:

himemory_mode = 2

This basically tells the kernel to prefer allocating high memory, thus leaving enough low memory free for the driver.

You can enter this boot flag at the chameleon boot prompt, or you can add it to the kernel flags of your com.apple.Boot.plist (or org.chameleon.boot.plist) file.

Hope this helps somebody :)

Cheers

Lee

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I had exactly this issue after putting 24 Gb RAM on the Gigabyte EX58 UD5 board, and the M-Audio 44. Adding himemory_mode=2 to the kernel flag in /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist fixed the issue (sudden lockups - I thought the issue was a bad RAM stick until I booted with the -v flag and saw the audio IO related kernel panic message on the screen).

thank you for posting this!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

well, i have these links for now:

http://wiki.linuxmusicians.com/doku.php?id=esi_maya44_pci

http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-ESI

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=868227

https://github.com/fredemmott/Envy24HT/tree

might be something missing (?)

alsa driver is also on git.

BUMP! I could do with this driver as well if anybody has a valid link. thanks all.

• 1 month later...

Any news on the Envy24 front? I mirrored the sources to GitHub, but haven't had a chance to look at them yet.

I'm using the Delta 1010LT on 10.6.4 as my recording workstation and I'm running into issues which I haven't been able to pinpoint. Sometimes the system locks up, sometimes it just won't boot. Since I'm running with 2GB RAM only, i guess the himemory_mode flag doesn't apply here?

• 5 months later...

Anyone here with Maya 44 PCI Sound Card ?

I have found a driver! 

http://www.osx86.net/files/file/3590-esi-maya44kext/

I can't test it right now, cause my system collapsed on saturday. Need a few days to reinstall it.

I don't know if its 32 bit or 64 driver yet, but if anyone can test it, please try and comment if it works. Thanks!

Update : I have found more info about it. And Yes, It Should Work !  :D

Newest Version is 0.9 and is 64 bit Mountain Lion tested. (good for Lion and Snow Leopard too)

There is a 32 bit version too if needed (v0.8).

Inputs not working yet as i read, but both outputs work.

Don't know too much about a working volume control, but there were comments that volume needs to be set in Windows before and rebooted to OS X.

Site is in russian. Use Chrome with automatic translation.. http://www.applelife.ru/threads/zvukovaja-karta-esi-maya44-pci.11875/page-3

Here is another download link which does not need registration:

I checked the binary and it's the same, newest 0.9 version, although the kext zip has different size. Good Luck!

Update : I can confirm it that it works great indeed! 64 bit on Mavericks, all bit depths, both outputs (one input, but did not test that..)

Volume control works too. Although first i was able to mute it fully, now just able to turn it down very low, but not muting. Anyway its not that a big issue..

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I am searching for the Maya 44 xte driver, unfortunately the kext for the PCI version doesn't work since Maya 44 xte is PCIe. Does anyone know of a way to get the driver working on 10.8? 

UPDATE:  It appears that now the ESI Maya xtE soundcard is running on my ML 10.8 system by using one of the older drivers, not the newest one. The driver that worked is MAYA44_XTe-Mac-v1_07 and is available on the ESI site for download. The 1.08 driver did not work on 10.8. All analog and digital inputs and outputs are functioning correctly. This could be an option for those needing ADAT in and ADAT out on osx86/hackintosh builds.

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi, guys,

can users update me on the state of current Envy24HT support on 10.11?

Are http://www.audio-evolution.com/drivers/working? Do we have newer compile for HT chip?

Does sleep working if we do?

I am looking at improving sound for cheap and found M-Audio revolution for 15$ but it will be a doorstop if it is not working in El Capitan