[Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\

Mammoth

1,567 posts in this topic

A Temporary fix for graphics in 10.8.3 update (works without QE/CI)

backup and then Remove all NV kexts including

NVDAGF100Hal.Kext

NVDAGK100Hal.Kext

NVDAGF50Hal.Kext

NVDAResman.Kext

NVDAStartup.Kext

then install dp2 Kexts

Thanks Yehia Amer, it works , I was able to boot by removing those kexts , but have no QE / Ci, no need to boot with -v -f- x any longer , to bad we dont have a solution yet for our video cards to make it work properly ....

thanks again .... :thumbsup_anim:

Finally I'm ON 18.8.3 :smoke::guitar::whistle: with full QE / Ci :D 34 fps

And the kernel patcher in Cham enable all cores -_-

Used the NV kext from beta 10.8.4, these are some where in the forum :)

EDIT

The battery is missing.... but that would not be too hard tho fix? or ? worked after reinstalled

AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext

//Peter

• Like 1

Finally I'm ON 18.8.3 :smoke::guitar::whistle: with full QE / Ci :D 34 fps

And the kernel patcher in Cham enable all cores -_-

Used the NV kext from beta 10.8.4, these are some where in the forum :)

EDIT

The battery is missing.... but that would not be too hard tho fix? or ? worked after reinstalled

AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext

//Peter

Thanks to you folks, especially Peter_sm for the 10.8.4 beta kexts idea. Many thanks indeed

Here is the datafile.com link to Nvidia 10.8.4 beta kexts

http://www1.datafile....com/d/8306b669

hope this helps, Macq

@ nyabs2005

Thanks,

I got it from another source, regards for your efforts and kind consideration.

I have been able to get it going (10.8.3),so what do you guys think is thr previous trend of the beta builds kexts working and the vanilla ones not working will continue withe future updates.

Even so I suppose we are looking at 10.9 in mid to late summer isn't it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That's Great  :thumbsup_anim: 

My Hardware is different somehow, may be we will need a legacy GFX kext also !

did HDMI works for you in 10.8.4 !!

@ yehia Amer

well no ever since early lion builds there's kernel panic when trying hdmi .

Wasn't able to make my own usb installer, had to use myhack 3.2 beta.

Also I  found even with earlier os x versions like lion or snow leo, that I could only make the usb install bootable with some specific builds of chameleon and not using the latest chameleon build.Could be some permission issues that I could not figure out or something else.

Rest is as with 10.8.4. If you are having graphics issues look for your dsdt edits for graphics may be that's an issue.

P.S. : what about the bootloader,I see more and more people using clover and more developers's working for it too,on a personal note since we don't have efi boards chameleon should be ok for the near future.

Clover is IMHO a better/faster boot loader.  BTW, I implemented the LAPIC kernel patch into Clover about a month ago and it works great on 10.7/10.8 in 64-bit (there is a 32-bit patch as well but I haven't tested it in 10.6).  No more patching the kernel, its done at boot time!

At the moment I'm using Clover to do legacy (MBR) boot on my HP DV8 but I plan to wipe the drive and get it booting with EFI as the Insyde BIOS is capable of this although I don't think its a *true* UEFI capable BIOS.

Although you are safe using Chameleon on these laptops, I think its days are numbered as all new systems are going UEFI and you will need to switch boot loaders if you get a new system. Secure UEFI boot is the next issue we'll run into but I know the Clover developers will figure this out and continue to allow our hacks to boot on future hardware...

@gsly

yeah that prompted me to try out clover but since its different and requires some understanding of the way it works,I am just going about reading stuff and may be I'll try it on the next dp of 10.9 on the usb install and see how it goes.

If you have some other suggestions please advise specially comon words ,dsdt and kext patching,etc.

Its bit of a long read.

@ glsy, could you post your working config file for clover and the kexts you're using? Would be greatly appreciated tried all last night to get it working, but lack of skills is not helping.....

Thanks in advance!

On 10.8.4 my sleep is disabled, was Ok on 10.8.3, anyone knows what to fix this ?

EDIT

On 10.9 the sleep is also OK, so what can have happen on my 10.8.4 ?

I have same DSDT and kext on both installations.

I have done this ....

peters-mbp:~ peter$ sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 3
peters-mbp:~ peter$ pmset -g
System-wide power settings:
 SleepDisabled		1
Active Profiles:
Battery Power		-1
AC Power		-1*
Currently in use:
 hibernatemode        3
 acwake               0
 halfdim              1