[GUIDE] Dell L701X (xps 17 late 2010)

theSlug

460 posts in this topic

QUOTE (futuregator15 @ Nov 24 2011, 03:42 AM)

Has anyone noticed that the sound has a high bass, repressed mids and virtually no highs? I can equalize it out with boom program but it is really annoying. Has anyone found a better fix? I used the audio drivers in V3 of the L701x pack

Im on a l502x laptop but to my knowledge we have the same sound chip ALC 665

To fix the heavy bass you need to remove the node:

Dell_XPS_ALC665.kext/Contents/info.plist

HDA Platform Resource > Layouts > PathMapRef > IntSpeaker > SignalProcessin.

There have been many kexts posted to this thread regarding audio. I have audio working through AppleHDA.kext, and I use the application Boom to enhance the sound and frequency response.

I don't currently have Dell_XPS_ALC665.kext loaded. Can anyone explain if this is the best approved driver, and if so, which kext does it replace in the SLE folder? I am running Lion 10.7.2.

My sound is currently working, but I don't think it sounds as good in OSX as it does in Windows 7.

Thanks for your help.

There have been many kexts posted to this thread regarding audio. I have audio working through AppleHDA.kext, and I use the application Boom to enhance the sound and frequency response.

I don't currently have Dell_XPS_ALC665.kext loaded. Can anyone explain if this is the best approved driver, and if so, which kext does it replace in the SLE folder? I am running Lion 10.7.2.

My sound is currently working, but I don't think it sounds as good in OSX as it does in Windows 7.

Thanks for your help.

errr... When uploading there comes an error with Upload Skipped (Error500)...

So you can have a try with the AppleHDA.kext attached in this post http://bbs.pcbeta.com/viewthread-940267-1-1.html

ALC665 appleHDA(remove the last extension ".zip" then extract with betterzip):

zip.gifAppleHDA.zip.001.zip (1000 KB, 下载次数: 142)

zip.gifAppleHDA.zip.002.zip (301.91 KB, 下载次数: 174)

errr... When uploading there comes an error with Upload Skipped (Error500)... So you can have a try with the AppleHDA.kext attached in this post http://bbs.pcbeta.co...940267-1-1.html ALC665 appleHDA(remove the last extension ".zip" then extract with betterzip): zip.gifAppleHDA.zip.001.zip (1000 KB, 下载次数: 142) zip.gifAppleHDA.zip.002.zip (301.91 KB, 下载次数: 174)

Still write as a battery to correct.

Good work,thanks ;) .

Thanks for your help.

Has anyone a solution for the high bass in the audio and driver for the gt 435m 2GB ?

I have in lion many freezes

(null)

Okay, I can attach the appleHDA.kext here now.

Have a try with it:

AppleHDA.zip

Try, has added correction of a battery (thanks whitegerry).

:thumbsup_anim:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I was following this thread the last 3 weeks, and although i got almost everything working thanks to all colaborations.

However i have some issue still hanging:

1 the webcam is recognized in system Profiler but in facetime, Photobooth it say camera not connected.

2 the sound is working using Vladlenas files and boom program, but trying to install Whitegerry fix (appleHDA.kext) isn't working at all, it make me loose the sound completely, so i go back to Vlad files and install appleHDA.kext and IOAUDIOFamilly.kext.

3 installing the driver for card reader isn't working at all, it's like it's not even installed.

I followed Vladlenas method installing Lion and now i'm on 10.7.2, my laptop is XPS L501x.

Can someone please help with these issue also if someone need my dsdt to look at i can provide it.

Thanks.

Hello,

I was following this thread the last 3 weeks, and although i got almost everything working thanks to all colaborations.

However i have some issue still hanging:

1 the webcam is recognized in system Profiler but in facetime, Photobooth it say camera not connected.

2 the sound is working using Vladlenas files and boom program, but trying to install Whitegerry fix (appleHDA.kext) isn't working at all, it make me loose the sound completely, so i go back to Vlad files and install appleHDA.kext and IOAUDIOFamilly.kext.

3 installing the driver for card reader isn't working at all, it's like it's not even installed.

I followed Vladlenas method installing Lion and now i'm on 10.7.2, my laptop is XPS L501x.

Can someone please help with these issue also if someone need my dsdt to look at i can provide it.

Thanks.

I have found that the card reader will only load the driver if there is a card in the slot at boot time. So, I have an old 16MB card that I leave in all the time. Whenever I need to read a card, I pop out the 16MB card and any other card will be recognized with no problem.

I've found exactly the same thing as you regarding sound. I even tried replacing my kexts with all the ones that whitegerry supplied (including the dsdt.aml), but no go. So, I've decided to live with the audio that I have. It's actually not bad, and all of the inputs/outputs are properly identified. I've upgraded to the latest version of Boom, and the only remaining issue is that sometimes, the first second or so of sound doesn't come through.

My camera works pretty well, but the effects where a new background are inserted (in photobooth) never work. Digital effects (space alien, chipmunk, etc) work fine. Facetime is good also, now that I've updated Chameleon.

My remaining issues (I've got an L701X) are:

- No way to disable the touchpad temporarily (but after sleep it never comes back on anyway!)

- I can't sleep more than 1 or 2 times without losing my USB ports

- Battery life is horrible. My CPU and GPU are throttling back, but I still get way less than 2 hours battery life from a 9-cell battery.

I've gone about as far as I know how with my system, and I almost never boot into Windows 7 anymore. My next laptop will likely be a Mac, but I can't justify the cost of a Mac after buying a Dell less than a year ago. So, I will live with the little issues for a while. There are actually some things about the Hackintosh that are better:

- Numeric keypad (on my 17-inch Dell)

- 2 drive bays (again, maybe not a player with the 15-inch Dell)

- USB 3.0 + BluRay drive. I can't access a BluRay in OSX, but if I want to play a disk, I just dual boot into Windows 7.

Hello,

well yesterday i was trying to follow whitegerry guide to stop the pop up sound after start and making hdmi audio work(hard to follow with google translator BTW :unsure: ).

in the first part he is modifying legacyHDA.kext and appleHDA.kext and then install appleHDAdisabler.kext, voodooHDA.kext and by the end when you done patching appleHDA.kext uninstall them.

i tried but no go lost all the sound, but the good news is, installing appleHDADisabler.kext and voodooHDA.kext stopped the pop up sound for me.

so anyone interested try it and see.

Concerning the battery i feel like it's draining too, although it's a 9 cell battery and i did apply whitegerry battery kext.

I'm giving up on the camera now :wacko:.

P.S i attached my usb part from system profiler, so maybe someone can check it.

Hello,

well yesterday i was trying to follow whitegerry guide to stop the pop up sound after start and making hdmi audio work(hard to follow with google translator BTW :unsure: ).

in the first part he is modifying legacyHDA.kext and appleHDA.kext and then install appleHDAdisabler.kext, voodooHDA.kext and by the end when you done patching appleHDA.kext uninstall them.

i tried but no go lost all the sound, but the good news is, installing appleHDADisabler.kext and voodooHDA.kext stopped the pop up sound for me.

so anyone interested try it and see.

Concerning the battery i feel like it's draining too, although it's a 9 cell battery and i did apply whitegerry battery kext.

I'm giving up on the camera now :wacko:.

P.S i attached my usb part from system profiler, so maybe someone can check it.

So hard for you to follow a guide written in Chinese, haha.

I suggest you download my files for Lion from http://dl.dbank.com/c08604x4kh if your spec is xps l501x. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

Hello,

Thanks whitegerry for the files but when i installed them i still get no sound at all, so i reverted back to voodooHDA.kext + appleHDADisablerr.kext which is working for me.

i tried the webcam fix by changing chameleon boot file to 1405 but no go.

I can see it in ssystem profile but not recognized in skype, ichat, photobooth, facetime.

Can someone help me fix my dsdt for it to work, i know most people here have working but it never did for me.

Hello,

Thanks whitegerry for the files but when i installed them i still get no sound at all, so i reverted back to voodooHDA.kext + appleHDADisablerr.kext which is working for me.

i tried the webcam fix by changing chameleon boot file to 1405 but no go.

I can see it in ssystem profile but not recognized in skype, ichat, photobooth, facetime.

Can someone help me fix my dsdt for it to work, i know most people here have working but it never did for me.

Try it.

AnyiSightCam.kext.zip

I can't even get into the installation menu for the OS from BIOS. Kernel Panic before anything even loads out of the nawcom thing. I have a retail Snow Leopard disc, and nawcome is burnt to a cd. I'll edit in a screenie of the panic itself here in a moment.