[GUIDE] Dell L701X (xps 17 late 2010)

theSlug

460 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Two finger scroll works, its set to be reversed by default for some reason, just go to trackpad and uncheck the very first thing on top. Nothing else.

Also got no battery, just an X going through it. I did use the kext above, deleted the voodobattery, added the usb fix to the plist and ran next utility to repair. Still nothing.

To Vlad: I got the error again with DSDT where it shows i have nvidia 435 with 2GB. I have 445 with 3 GBs, you did something to the DSDT before for me, not sure what but that fixed it. I am using all the files you posted in the latest release pack of 10.7

Try

Second, there is an update for DP4 in updates, should i update or will that kill my system?

Im curious, what do you guys use for back up? Just in case an accidental update kills my system?

After updating 10.6.8, works perfectly :D .

post-487214-1309025968_thumb.png

Two finger scroll works, its set to be reversed by default for some reason, just go to trackpad and uncheck the very first thing on top. Nothing else.

Also got no battery, just an X going through it. I did use the kext above, deleted the voodobattery, added the usb fix to the plist and ran next utility to repair. Still nothing.

To Vlad: I got the error again with DSDT where it shows i have nvidia 435 with 2GB. I have 445 with 3 GBs, you did something to the DSDT before for me, not sure what but that fixed it. I am using all the files you posted in the latest release pack of 10.7

Second, there is an update for DP4 in updates, should i update or will that kill my system?

Im curious, what do you guys use for back up? Just in case an accidental update kills my system?

Be not afraid to be updated, after updating it is necessary to reinstall only audio of the driver.

For me i meant the lion update. The DP4 got a gig worth of updates, is it safe to install those too, i seen people stuck with KP after that.

Vlad any way you can edit the DSDT for me so i get 445 nvidia with 3GBs?

Does it matter for system performance to have the correct video card showing up?

Ya tolko zametil chto mnogo hackintosh users c rossii.

For me i meant the lion update. The DP4 got a gig worth of updates, is it safe to install those too, i seen people stuck with KP after that.

Vlad any way you can edit the DSDT for me so i get 445 nvidia with 3GBs?

Does it matter for system performance to have the correct video card showing up?

Ya tolko zametil chto mnogo hackintosh users c rossii.

I have on DP4 updating has passed without problems.

DSDT I to you already edited, I have not understood at you it does not work?

Я не из России :) .

I have on DP4 updating has passed without problems.

DSDT I to you already edited, I have not understood at you it does not work?

Я не из России :rolleyes: .

The DSDT you edited for me before was for 10.6.7, so it would work with the lion?

The DSDT I'm using now is the one from you latest post. The settings with this show my video card to be nvidia 435 2 GB. I have 445 3GB on my laptop.

By the way, the DP4 update, the 1 gig one works perfectly, just had to fix the audio :D

Ya toje, ya tam rodilsya no jivu v Canada ceichas :D

The DSDT you edited for me before was for 10.6.7, so it would work with the lion?

The DSDT I'm using now is the one from you latest post. The settings with this show my video card to be nvidia 435 2 GB. I have 445 3GB on my laptop.

By the way, the DP4 update, the 1 gig one works perfectly, just had to fix the audio :)

Ya toje, ya tam rodilsya no jivu v Canada ceichas :D

I use one DSDT for 10.6.8 and Lion.

А я из бывшего Союза ;) .

After updating 10.6.8, works perfectly :D .

post-487214-1309025968_thumb.png

Be not afraid to be updated, after updating it is necessary to reinstall only audio of the driver.

I have had much difficulty upgrading to 10.6.8.

The new NVidia Drivers will not install on my L701X. The installation reports "Unsupported System. This computer will not support this NVidia graphics solution." Indeed, the NVidia site does not list the 400M series as supported by these drivers.

I tried re-installing the older Fermi drivers, but boot stops at [PCI Configuration Begin]. I've tried booting in safe mode, but no luck.

My biggest fear is that I won't be able to install Lion if I can't get 10.6.8 installed.

Can anyone tell me how to load the new graphics drivers? Thanks for the help!

Update: I solved the boot problem by rolling back IOPCIFamily, AppleACPIPlatform, and IO80211. I've successfully upgraded to 10.6.8, but my system's performance is slow. I am continuing to investigate, but my Cinebench OpenGL dropped from 23 to 3 :wacko:

Update 2: Okay, I disabled AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext per this topic: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...20&start=20

Graphic performance is back. I've still lost Bluetooth, but overall I think I'm ready for the Lion upgrade.

on testing 10.6.8 i get on boot the PXHCD not valid error

Did you try booting the os with the CD, replacing the kext with the one in the pack and use kext utility to rebuild. There is a new next utility available that even supports lion then the one that packed with all the files, google it.

Did you try booting the os with the CD, replacing the kext with the one in the pack and use kext utility to rebuild. There is a new next utility available that even supports lion then the one that packed with all the files, google it.

I Did a fresh install, updated to 10.6.8 and rebuild with the kext utility, i went through the boot prozess :blink: thx

Not loading fully like it did for dp4. I am stuck on pci configuration begin screen. That's when I boot from USB. When I boot from HD, and just select USB drive as device to boot I am stuck at a white screan with a beach all spinning in upper left for an hour. So it just stuck there. Any help?

Got it to start installing. I used chameleon wizard to update the drive's chameleon to the latest build 1072 I think. Vlad's is build 700ish. After that I copied the missing kext files from my hard drive extra to USB extra. Such as appleps2 kext. Should be like 6 missing once. Copy dsdt to the extra folder of usb as well. All booted up and installing as I type. I'll update and tell you if it boots lol. warning a head of time, I needed external mouse as my trackpad don't work for some reason. And as the second as I had had dp4 installed already, I didn't do the step where you over write your stuff with folder from "extra for install" I skipped that step, but I already had lion running.

EDIT: Everything is working, just did the usual, replace all the kexts with what vlad posted after. Run the new next utility that you can google, the one that supports lion :)

I have a strange problem here, I succesfuly installed DP4, rebootet and the comes [pci configuration beginns] ....

after a few seconds the wellcome screen comes up and ask me to put a keyboard in, i tab the space button but nothing happens i stuck at this screen.

I have a strange problem here, I succesfuly installed DP4, rebootet and the comes [pci configuration beginns] ....

after a few seconds the wellcome screen comes up and ask me to put a keyboard in, i tab the space button but nothing happens i stuck at this screen.

Replace the file "SetupAssistant.app" in the System / Library / CoreServices /

SetupAssistant.zip

I checked this thread and noone has a similar problem. I have a L501X which is really similar. Installing Lion GM (tried before DP4 with same results) and following your readme gets stuck on begin PCI Configuration...

Then I tried using 10.6.8 IOPCIFamily, IO80211Family and AppleACPI... And it goes a bit more, sometimes even shows a white background with the color circle, but it gets stuck there....

I don't know what else should I try.

I'm using an USB for all this process with chameleon and all the latest files you posted previously here.

did you try my guide i poted, i had the white background and beachball and doing what I did solved it and made it boot. BTW make sure when using what i wrote you f12 and boot from usb. follow vlads read me and just use my stuff to modify it, a few post above.

Have the rest of you guys notice that the laptop is running hotter then usual when using mac. Using windows my machine was cooler and the fans were never really firing up as much. With Mac, its noticeably hotter and the fan is running one speed higher then usual.