[GUIDE] Dell L701X (xps 17 late 2010)

theSlug

460 posts in this topic

Ok, folks: I have an L701x, and while I've been trying to fire up Lion on it for over a week, I've had very little success. The build is an i5 460m, and the card situation is a 435m, but I've also got an Avermedia hybrid TV Tuner (which I suppose I could remove and slap on my PC if it's a problem). For whatever reason, I'm really struggling to get it booting; while I can install by fussing with boot flags (e.g. GraphicsEnabler=No), I can never get anything to work correctly (e.g. video, sound, trackpad) and inevitably encounter some sort of crippling hangup on reboot. This probably has something to do with my complete ignorance re: all things Mac n Hack, particularly with respect to dsdt files, so any help would be appreciated; I'll go home later and slap a fresh, vanilla install of 10.7.4 on a separate HDD and report back with the specific error codes.

TYIA!

Hello.

I'm having a few problems with my l501x (i7). I have lion since January -tnks all you guys for your help- but a couple of months ago I noticed it heats a lot and it even spontaneously shuts down, specially if gaming. The problem's increased and now it barely stands runing enought time to make a back up. I've tryed a fress install but issue persist. Temperature goes even to 100c before it shuts. Can somebody tell me a solution to cool it down? May it be a hardware problem? Shall I come back to 10.6.?

Tnks

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys... i have a Dell XPS L701x with full working Lion 10.7.4... but my webcam is not work... i tried use the AnyiSightCam.kext but not work... i investigate and a need edit the info.plist in this kext (Vendor ID & Product ID, but this data i not have) where I get it?... or exist any other kext work well??

(sorry for my english i'm mexican duh hahaha)

Saludos from Monterrey, NL

how to get your your device idproduct & idvender ?

first go to system profiler --> USB --> go to usb device that you want to customize it --> you will find vender id and product id -- > take them one by one to caclculator --> on calculator use programmer mode --> then paste numder of id on (16) mode then convert it to (10) mode you will get new number that we need on kexts and do other ids like this

hello,

How did you guys manage to install Lion on L501X ? I'm stuck at Still waiting for root device as if Lion cannot recognise my harddrive. Of coure it is set to AHCI in BIOS and again no luck. Tried varius BIOS configurations and kexts but without progress. I've read most of the thread and did not find anyone with this problem. Can you help me with this ?

My specs:

Dell L501x

i7 760QM

GT 435M

Chipset H57

BIOS A07

I'm installing form flash drive with FakeSMC and edited DSDT in Extra.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Anyone using 2 external monitors? I cant get it working :(. I have an l701x with HDMI and DisplayPort output. When I plug in one external monitor everything works fine (external monitor + laptop screen). But when I plug in the second external monitor both external monitor goes off and only the laptop screen is enabled. I know the laptop cant drive 3 screens but I want to disable the laptop screen so the 2 external monitors are disabled.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Whitegerry,

On the site below i found DELL XPS15 L501x.7z 1.34 MB From the 09.06.2012

Can you pls Upload this file here, or send it to me ?

You upload it on the Site below, but i cant download it, i have no access to that file.

File available on this site: http://bbs.pcbeta.co...914788-1-1.html

I cant upload the file with success here, so you can download the first attachment at this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=9323&p=409576#p409576

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey i was just wondering if anyone has the sound kexts and dsdt for the l701x on 10.8.4? Thanks

AppleHDA.kext: AppleHDA.kext.zip

sound section:

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x12)
                        {
                            "AAPL,slot-name", 
                            Buffer (0x08)
                            {
                                "PCIe x1"
                            }, 
                            "device-id", 
                            Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x65, 0x06, 0xEC, 0x10
                            }, 
                            "built-in", 
                            Buffer (One)
                            {
                                0x00
                            }, 
                            "layout-id", 
                            Unicode ("X"), 
                            "device_type", 
                            Buffer (0x11)
                            {
                                "Audio Controller"
                            }, 
                            "name", 
                            Buffer (0x0F)
                            {
                                "Realtek alc665"
                            }, 
                            "model", 
                            Buffer (0x0F)
                            {
                                "Realtek alc665"
                            }, 
                            "PinConfigurations", 
                            Buffer (Zero) {}, 
                            "hda-gfx", 
                            Buffer (0x0A)
                            {
                                "onboard-1"
                            }
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for all the help from this forum to built my first hackintosh laptop. After tying for 1 month i was able to install and use mac os x on my laptop using iatkos l2 and chameleon bootloader. The laptop i am using is a Dell xps 17 L701X.

Here is my hardware details,

Hardware Overview:

Model Name:    Mac Pro
  Model Identifier:    MacPro3,1
  Processor Name:    Intel Core i7
  Processor Speed:    1.87 GHz
  Number of Processors:    1
  Total Number of Cores:    4
  L2 Cache (per Core):    256 KB
  L3 Cache:    6 MB
  Memory:    12 GB
  Processor Interconnect Speed:    4.3 GT/s
  Boot ROM Version:    #####.tonymacx86.com
  SMC Version (system):    1.30f3
  Serial Number (system):    G88451235J4
  Hardware UUID:    43EED7A0-2529-5CCB-959E-04130813AE19

Everything working nicely my graphics card, usb wifi. But I caould't managed to work my internal speaker and sound card. I have tried installing severa kexts and lots of other thing. Using an usb sound card solve this problem, but i dont quite like it. My first request is to help me solve this problem.

And there is one more problem, if i dont use my laptop, after some times it's screen goes black. but still the hard drive and the button work perfectly.

please help.

And also i have tried geekbench and it gives me only 6500 :(. Why?