ASrock Conroe945G-DVI

rkwok

843 posts in this topic

Hi all!, anyone can help me out with azalia.kext, only need the azalia.kext for this motherboard, anyone can send it via pm or mail?

Thanks in advance

(i don't have windows installed so, i can't replace the hw id/ vendor id)

Check this : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=18642

it's as simple as remplacing 3 chars.

Starting with a JAS 10.4.6 iso on a DVD, what are the steps I shoud do to install it on this mobo+conroe CPU? Thanks.

Just boot from the dvd, and choose GMA900 SSE3 in the last step and here you are :D

Ryanux: thx a lot! I should receive my hw in 2 days, so I'm looking forward to having my setup ready and working :D

btw: I'm planning to put a SATA raid PCI card in order to use 2 HD in RAID for winXP only. I'll use a normal SATA HD connected to the mobo for the MacOS X. since MacOS won't recognize the PCI card, should I have any problems with that card, when running under Mac?

Check this : http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=18642

it's as simple as remplacing 3 chars.

Yes i've replaced the chars, but "The strings that are replaced in the guide above are for Realtek ALC882 only. For other versions of ALC8xx sound or if you are having trouble getting ALC882 sound working, we need to determine the vendor and device ids of the audio device and the audio hub."

so WE all have ALC888 than i need to know these strings, in fact i dont have windows installed than i dont know these string, for a rapid help you can send via pm or to my mail, i really apreciated your help

Ryanux: thx a lot! I should receive my hw in 2 days, so I'm looking forward to having my setup ready and working :dev:

btw: I'm planning to put a SATA raid PCI card in order to use 2 HD in RAID for winXP only. I'll use a normal SATA HD connected to the mobo for the MacOS X. since MacOS won't recognize the PCI card, should I have any problems with that card, when running under Mac?

No problem, if it's not recognised it is just ignored, no worry about crashes.

Update on sleep!

I pulled an old *OHCI* USB 1.1 PCI card from the rubble, what the heck, right?

Well, it sleeps, wakes from sleep (not keyboard press - might need some BIOS tweaking).

Keyboard plugged into it doesn't work on boot (tablet does), and not sure if it shuts down properly or not (hangs), but it's a start..

-Dan

alex74 - read the page back. We've talked about azalia and the ID here already. and not only once...

Thanks, i think i've messed up with the azalia kext, it keep me tell

kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAudioFamily.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions)

kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions)

I've already repaired the perm with disk util, but it keep showing, thats why i'm asking a little help.....

(and also i've already read all the tread)

So if you can help me out with this, i'll really apreciated :D

Thanks, i think i've messed up with the azalia kext, it keep me tell

kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAudioFamily.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions)

kextload: extension /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext is not authentic (check ownership and permissions)

I've already repaired the perm with disk util, but it keep showing, thats why i'm asking a little help.....

(and also i've already read all the tread)

So if you can help me out with this, i'll really apreciated ;)

Goto Terminal and type:

sudo -s
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAudioFamily.kext
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAudioFamily.kext

good luck

Goto Terminal and type:

sudo -s
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAudioFamily.kext
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOHDAudioFamily.kext

good luck

Thanks did it, the result is:

do you think i'm going to reinstall or what?

plympton,

I got most thing working normally except PS2 MOUSE, and clock. I'm so close yet SO FAR...

I also tried 10.4.3 kext for ACPI but no go. Just about the same.

There were 3 key options (I don't remember the names) I enabled in BIOS:

enable store to ram on sleep,

enable video restore,

and enable wakeup from ps2 ports.

Thanks did it, the result is:

do you think i'm going to reinstall or what?

NO! Do not reinstall! try this:

sudo -s
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

This should work at last!

NO! Do not reinstall! try this:

sudo -s
chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext
chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAzaliaAudio.kext

This should work at last!

Thanks! I'll give a try, if not succesfull, can you pm or send via email your azalia kext?

I'll apreciated your help

Soon

Hi.

I'm new to the Hackintosh world and I'm having trouble updating the ASrock board with the 1.1 bios. I installed OS X 86 (Jas 10.4.7) no problem but don't have XP installed yet. I burned the iso linked by infamous and have attempted to boot from it. I get a Win 98 startup Menu and have tried selecting the first option and typing the command as Infamous suggested (no typos) but it just says 'Bad Command'. I am not at all familiar with PCs so the DOS interface is a mystery to me. When Infamous says go to the mounted drive, how does one do that.

The screens looks like this.

MSCDEX version 2.25

Copyright © MXXXXXsoft Corp. 1986-1995. All rights reserved.

Drive D: = Driver OEMCD001 unit 0

The Windows 98 setup files were not found.

A:\>

Is this what I should be seeing? If someone could give me step by step directions I'd really appreciate it.

This is a great board by the way. I've learned a lot already and it seems like a really helpful community.

Cheers.

Bill.