10.6.6 released

iRipper

217 posts in this topic

Nevermind my previous comment.

Quicktime plays mp4's fine in 32bit mode, it's only when in 64bit mode that it doesn't work. Sorry for the useless post :thumbsup_anim:

You may want to take a closer look at your system, mine works fine in 64bit too. See the screen shot.

post-402809-1295586851_thumb.png

No problems here. Using the same old myhack installer on (the now discontinued) empire efi disk. Using an old Chameleon 2 release. Rig is in my sig. Yep the same old BadAxe 1. System still runs like a charm.

Oh, I don't use any sleepenabler kext (never used that function anyway) and I am using voodoohda.

Update with Gigabyte G41M-ES2L worked. No Sleep Enabler was used.

G41M-ESL

E8200

Nvidia 9800GT

App Store works in the same way as iTunes on a Hackintosh as well.

---Hi,

Just want to make sure, I seem to have about same set up as you. No problems for Hacks using the Lifehacker + G41 board? I have a 2nd OS X partition to test anyway. Just that my DVD burner isn't working well and might need it if I have to re-install to 10.6.5 again.

thanks

P.S. Just passed my 1 year anniversary with this Hackintosh trouble free! thanks to all who help out.

since the update i have a strange problem... my cpu usage is always arround 20% and my harddrive light is always on like is reading something

anyone have the same problem?

EDIT: i found that is a process called "MDS" that is using that 20% or 30% of my cpu power (and makes my harddrive is work like crazy too) when i try to end the process he starts up again... im going crazy with this... i need some help please

since the update i have a strange problem... my cpu usage is always arround 20% and my harddrive light is always on like is reading something

EDIT: i found that is a process called "MDS" that is using that 20% or 30% of my cpu power (and makes my harddrive is work like crazy too) when i try to end the process he starts up again... im going crazy with this... i need some help please

Go to System Preference then choose spotlight, under privacy tab add you HHD to the list to prevent spotlight search that location then it should OK. see the attach screen shot.

post-402809-1296108662_thumb.png

System Preferences -> Spotlight, click on Privacy tab, add the read-only volume (usually ntfs volume) to exclude.

Go to System Preference then choose spotlight, under privacy tab add you HHD to the list to prevent spotlight search that location then it should OK. see the attach screen shot.

you only forgot to explain what partitions to add there (i have 2 for windows and 3 for mac)

System Preferences -> Spotlight, click on Privacy tab, add the read-only volume (usually ntfs volume) to exclude.

great ;) adding my windows partitions stoped the problem

let me see if i get it: the spotlight get stuck indexing read-only partitions? tries to write there and cant then stucks in a loop cicle?

amazing how i never found this problem.. i just pay atention yesterday my HDD was a little noisy and after some investigation i discovered this problem

thanks all for the tip ;)

updated from 10.6.4 to 10.6.6. everything seemed okay i just needed to put back again my wireless device ID into atheros kext info.plist.

then i reinstalled 10.6.0 from retail dvd and went straight to 10.6.6 combined.

FAIL.

back to 10.6.4

and then maybe to 10.6.6...

it was a half day ouch

This worked for me. Thanks for the tip. The hard disk was going crazy after update to 10.6.6.

I've updated to 10.6.6 (P6T SE, iCore 7, ATI 4890) no problems and no sleepenabler. Audio and graphics doesn't work, but with Netkas new patch for 10.6.6 graphics work perfect.

While i worked on the updated system, i registered, that the Finder had some problems. The popup menu, which is shown -> mouse rightclick, is displayed a view inches away from the cursor. Also if i tried to rename a folder, the marked rename-box is outside the folder window.

Has anybody a solution for this? (And my audio problem, i think i had a ALC 1200)

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have running 10.6.4 originally installed using iAtkos s3 v2 10.6.3, then combo updated to 10.6.4 then to 10.6.6.

My issue is with my USBs.

My Spec:

Mobo: Asus P5b Deluxe

CPU E6850 3ghz Core2Duo

Ram: 4GB HyperX

Wifi: Broadcom OEM

I want my wifi working with 10.6.6. It works up to 10.6.4, unless the IO80211.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext are over written by the combo updates so I back them up and move them to the /Extra folder - therefore same with 10.6.6 but then have to restore the mach_kernel from 10.6.4 in order to get the wifi back.

When I have restored the mach_kernal from 10.6.4 after updating to 10.6.6 I lose ALL usbs. can anyone tell me how to get these back please?

• 2 weeks later...
Success update from 10.6.5 to 10.6.6 (my system in my signature)

App Store not functions yet due to apple ID necessity

Im considering to wait till AppStore will be cracked ;)

New York, 9:17 PM

Fri Jan 7

Mac App Store Cracked Open for Piracy

http://gizmodo.com/5727080/mac-app-store-cracked-for-piracy

Actually, if you are worried about that, use a different e-mail address.

I built/created a new Apple ID (I have one from the days of Darwin tied to a different e-mail address) and set the payment options to *none*. (This limits me to free stuff from both the MacAppStore and iTunes - however, that is the idea.) I have downloaded my first no-cost Mac app (NovaBench) via the MAS; very nice.

• 3 weeks later...

>> then i reinstalled 10.6.0 from retail dvd and went straight to 10.6.6 combined.

>> FAIL.

I made this full reinstalling from 10.6.3 retail and 10.6.6 combined. Problem first, yes, grey screen and moving cursor, but they resolved by starting safe mode (-x) in boot. Then I install nvidia's last driver and fix everything else before next start.

Tuure

-.-