10.6.6 released

iRipper

217 posts in this topic

Sorry to hear that cparm.

It's not because of your E8500 CPU. I have the same CPU and 10.6.6 runs fine here, no performance drop. I'm still using Parallels 5, it's working fine just like it was, cinebench and geekbench scores are the same as before. App store seems to work fine, I don't have an Apple ID so I didn't try downloading anything but the update button just gives me a popup that says my apps are up to date - after installing 10.6.6 I ran Software Update before running App Store and got updates for some iLife apps.

I used the full +1GB combo update to update. Maybe you should try that?

I use MacPro3,1 smbios.plist and vanilla CPU power management via Chameleon 2.0 RC5.

P45/ICH10R chipset.

i just re-installed a 10.6.6 on a fresh install and everything work fine now (the app store crash gone), even performances (i'm currently re-installing all my apps one by one), and i use exactly the same configuration as before (drivers, bootloader + config files, sysctl.conf), but this time no problem :wacko::wacko:

Installed and working great here, Just a shame I can't actually use the App store. trying to download some free apps but Apple wants me to input payment information - no option to download FREE applications without entering details I cannot provide :wacko:

The downside to this is, it seems developers that are moving to the App store are making it the only way to download their app.

I could enter bank card details, but that expired a few months ago and my bank hasn't issued a new one yet, even though I received a letter notifying me of a replacement on it's way!

It is normal when you cannot download from App Store, I tested with REAL MacBook Pro + Hackintosh Core 2 and i7 too

Workarounds

When you got hang-up, program not response, force quit

- You need to log in first on menu bar, if you dont have acct please sign up and you need a credit card too

- You need several tries

AMD I am not sure because I don't have

Problems come with Intel too

Just installed the combo update from 10.6.4... I had removed sleepenabler and update went fine. tried putting the sleepenabler back in and rebootin, got a kernel panic. pmVersion=0 got me booted up and i removed it. i'm hoping someone will have an updated sleepenabler (or advice) within a week or so? otherwise everything appears to be working fine.

I used a modified build of the recent LifeHacker Hackintosh tutorial, here are my specs:

Intel Core i5 Quad 2.8

Asus P7P55

[url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] Boot ROM

NVideo GeForce 9500 GT

Ev0reboot.kext

FakeSMC.kext

JMicron36xATA.kext

JMicron36xSATA.kext

LegacyAppleRTC.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

UpstreamDisabler.kext

not working: SleepEnabler.kext

I did the update on my backup drive had to manually edit two kexts for my videocard but that´s all. Totally useless update though can´t see what the big deal is whit it, no performance gain at all. All is the same as before so my main install will stay 10.6.5

Hello Guys, I have Dell Optiplex GX620 and I have successfully upgraded to 10.6.6 by reinstalling the 10.6.5 legacy kernel. No USB issues this time. Have been using 10.6.2 usb kexts and they seem to be intact as I read in a post here. Mac App Store is working flawlessly on my system and all my iLife 11 apps are recognized as installed. ;)

Hi. I've been thinking in updating my hack but have some questions:

Any of you have SL installed with a software RAID 0 config, updated and worked?

If I loose my USB, my keyboard will not work (my USB only works on UHCI mode,don't know why), so how could I recover it?

My graphic card is a NVIDIA 8400GS 512MB. Anyone knows if it's supported on 10.6.6?

Sorry for my english!!

Hello Buddy, I have the same card on my optiplex gx620 and have successfully upgraded to 10.6.6. The card works like a charm with complete hardware acceleration enabled. Since there is no new upgrade for nvidia chips in 10.6.6 there is not going to be any issue at all.

Hello,

I own a Wind U100 clone and downloaded the last combo update. When i run it, just after entering password to install and as it says "preparing installation.." it will stop cause of unknown error...

This is the message shown in the console : "06/01/11 22:27:09 Installer[594] PackageKit: Missing bundle path, skipping: <bundle id="com.apple.NetworkUtility"></bundle>" I turned off wifi but no change...

Any ideas? Hope to find solution quickly!

Thanks!

10.6.6 work really well,

and now i'm surprised by how fast osx can boot with my bootloader (~ 10 spinning now, ~ 20 spinning before, and no more "waiting for dsmos ..."), I'm anxious to see the sources :(

edit:

my bench scores are even better than before, i still don't know what happened with my previous install

Can´t see 10.6.6 in software update ? have this update been removed ?

EDIT

When installing from the combo, it says , It can´t be installed on this disk, An error occurred while evaulating javascript for the package

After renamed my kernel to mach_kernel I managed to upgrade, but is not that strange ?

Anyway the problem I have now after updated with combo, I CAN´T longer brows using safari or firefox !!

In a console I can ping www.opple.com with no problem, but using a browser nothing happens

Please anyone can help me ?

EDIT

Using Windows ,7 that I'm using right now, it's no problem, so it´s not may LAN that I have problem with, using cable, not WIFI

Update worked perfectly through software update. GA-X58A-UD3R rev. 2.0. EVGA Geforce Gtx 260. App Store works fine, qe/ci work fine, audio, wireless, and lan work fine. Had to disable SleepEnabler to avoid kernel panic. System ID MacPro 4,1.

post-697594-1294349220_thumb.jpg

I have Logic 9.1.3 and it seems to be working just fine for me.

hi matthew

i like your screen grab. and i am curious to find out what applications you are using to monitor your hardware utilization aswell as CPU temprature

as display in the top right hand side of your screen grab.

what are these apps called and are they free.

Please do get back to me. i am also on twitter if its quicker for you to reply there!!!

Twitter id N44GGA

thanks

Logic 9.1.3 works fine for me at 10.6.6 no Problems!!

Yea?

Run logic, immediately after the ignition computer. After a while I get a message"Application Failed to start". I must "Force Quit App" . Try it after 2-3 minutes ... Everything works normally. This also happens with iPhoto and other programs. Probably at the start, OSX loads the some processes, but this did not happen before.

Hi! I have 10.6.4 with legacy kernel 10.4.0 . I have a notebook core2duo 2.6ghz, nvidia 8600m gt, original airport wireless, etc.

When i installed the 10.6.5 with the legacy kernel 10.5.0, my usb ports didn't work and I wasn't able to did they work, so I went back to the 10.6.4 with the 10.4.0 legacy kernel.

Now, I want to install the new update 10.6.6 and i have a question..., can i install the new update (combo update) and after install it, install the 10.4.0 legacy kernel?

Is there any better way to do it?

Thanks.

Help! I updated from 10.6.4 to 10.6.6. I didn't use the sleepenabler kext. Now I cannot boot in OSX. There is always the "USBMSC Identifier - Still waiting for root device" error. I tried to boot in single user mode, in safe mode and nothing works.

Hi! I have 10.6.4 with legacy kernel 10.4.0 . I have a notebook core2duo 2.6ghz, nvidia 8600m gt, original airport wireless, etc.

When i installed the 10.6.5 with the legacy kernel 10.5.0, my usb ports didn't work and I wasn't able to did they work, so I went back to the 10.6.4 with the 10.4.0 legacy kernel.

Now, I want to install the new update 10.6.6 and i have a question..., can i install the new update (combo update) and after install it, install the 10.4.0 legacy kernel?

Is there any better way to do it?

Thanks.

For the USB problem have you tried replacing the 2 USB kexts? It seems that 10.6.5/10.6.6 can cause USB 1 devices to fail but USB 2 devices are largely unaffected (USB 1 devices plugged into USB 2 hubs should also be unaffected).

More details can be found here:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/01/mac...066-update.html

You can use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] to install ONLY the USB Rollback option and it should fix the USB problem.